Star Wars 2007

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nactous
Never thought I would say this but it may be better than KotOR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC3bqyq9QQY& amp;eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fkotaku%2Ecom%2Fgaming%2Fyout
ube%2Fstar%2Dwars%2Dnext%2Dgen%2Dpeek%2Dup%2Dfor%2
Dnow%2D189204%2Ephp

or go to swknights.com, click under Please Lucasarts!

GM Nebaris
Wow!!
That looks incredible.

Thorinn
Originally posted by Nactous
Never thought I would say this but it may be better than KotOR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC3bqyq9QQY& amp;eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fkotaku%2Ecom%2Fgaming%2Fyout
ube%2Fstar%2Dwars%2Dnext%2Dgen%2Dpeek%2Dup%2Dfor%2
Dnow%2D189204%2Ephp

or go to swknights.com, click under Please Lucasarts! Dats beautiful...shock

JaehSkywalker
that's COOL...

Admiral Akbar
Nice..

Cerberus
*Ahem*

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=6982141#post6982141

Mugen
HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

what game is that, god that looks awesome

LanceWindu
Pre-Rendered Graphics. no expression

Also, I fail to see how this fits under Star Wars I, II, and III news.

Alliance
OH HOLY F_CK!

Barker
Originally posted by Alliance
OH HOLY F_CK!

Alliance
barker

Captain REX
Can you say 'overpowered'? Still, looks like fun.

The game is called 'The Force Unleashed,' that's what all the concept art shots are being released for.

Barker
Originally posted by Alliance
barker
Yeah.

Still, there should be lightsaber combat.

Captain REX
If there wasn't I'd be afraid.

Alliance
If there wasnt I'd seriously hesitate to buy it.

Spartan ll
Holy shit.

JediJim
Looks great

steverules
What console is it on?

overlord
All I see is clones getting thrown away.. sleepy

aj_vader
ye looks very impressive that wink

Ushgarak
Moved.

Overdone force powers again. I am so sick of games developers turning Jedi into anime characters.

Escape81
Any news on the actual storyline?

Lord Saboteur
That vid.. blows by default due to overusage of the same power. Now if they were to have used a Force Destruction or something, I'd reconsider. no expression

SnakeEyes
People need to keep in mind that the video was a testing video for the Force Powers. It was no official trailer or anything that was meant to illustrate anything but some of the Force Powers. They were overpowered, but what would you expect from a game?

Blaxican Hydra
Man, why have they gotta clown the stromtroopers that way?

((The_Anomaly))
It was all rpre-rendered, I hold any judgement until I see the real game in motion. Until then I'm not impressed.

Mugen
Originally posted by Blaxican Hydra
Man, why have they gotta clown the stromtroopers that way? cuz they're weak, if you can beat little teddy bears with sticks you derseve to get murked over..... and over.. again. jus like he did to that last stormtrooper, he was just asking for it

Boris
Coolies.

Tangible God
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
People need to keep in mind that the video was a testing video for the Force Powers. It was no official trailer or anything that was meant to illustrate anything but some of the Force Powers. They were overpowered, but what would you expect from a game? By now? To stop overpowering them.

Swirly Girl
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Moved.

Overdone force powers again. I am so sick of games developers turning Jedi into anime characters.

Meh, it was no less overpowered than Sidious tossing three senate pods around or Dooku casting pieces of rubble from the ceiling of the Geonosis hangar at Yoda.

Captain REX
Thing is, though, that Sidious and Dooku were the top of their game (along with Yoda and whatnot). Here you're playing some generic Jedi...

Swirly Girl
Yah, but we have no idea how powerful that generic Jedi is!

GM Nebaris
I really don't see waht the problem is with overpowering characters. It makes the game more interesting and more fun.

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Swirly Girl
Meh, it was no less overpowered than Sidious tossing three senate pods around or Dooku casting pieces of rubble from the ceiling of the Geonosis hangar at Yoda.

That is the absolute top limit of the most powerful Jedi in the Galaxy.

The games make these powers accessible to just about everyone and then insist on topping them. Force Storms, Force Tornadoes, Force Destroy Droid... whatever the bloody hell THAT is... the games destroy the mystique of the Force by turning it into D&D style magic instead.

exanda kane

The games make these powers accessible tomuust about everyone and then insist on topping them. Force Storms, Force Tornadoes, Force Destroy Droid... whatever the bloody hell THAT is... the games destroy the mystique of the Force by turning it into D&D style magic instead.

I agree. Although its definetly a nice looking video and golly, wouldn't it be fun to play with that Jedi, please have some idea of how silly this would make all the other characters in the franchise look and realise that
characters are overpowered too much.

Archangelysses
Yeah but it was still cool to watch.

Would only like it if that was what you get towards the end of the game. If they allow you to have that sort of power too early, then the game would be too easy. Almost like cheating in a way.

would ruin the fun of the game

Mugen
well, if they're like that, i dont even want to think about what Luke could do, jesus you read about it but to acutally see it in motion, i would be terrified. Luke you monster, how could you do that to them laughing

Swirly Girl

The games make these powers accessible tomuust about everyone and then insist on topping them. Force Storms, Force Tornadoes, Force Destroy Droid... whatever the bloody hell THAT is... the games destroy the mystique of the Force by turning it into D&D style magic instead.

Meh, word.

Nactous
So Ush, your telling me the stuff about the TV show belongs there but not the game, which is set between 3 and 4.

Captain REX
Does it really matter?

GM Nebaris
lol, why are Nactous and jam so hated by the mods?

Captain REX
They're not hated. They just think they are. stick out tongue

Ushgarak
So Ush, your telling me the stuff about the TV show belongs there but not the game, which is set between 3 and 4.

Yup.

overlord
Oh, let me! Let me! Maybe it is because games are EU? it's so simple.. so simple.

Nactous
Yes.

Captain REX
The TV shows are probably going to get their own section, possibly. They seem to be much more tremendous than the 5 min Clone Wars episodes, or the Droids and Ewoks kid shows. eek!

FistOfThe North
That's hot. It's still looks underdeveloped though, expensive as hell and the resolution is distorted as fcuk but i'll give it 5 more years before they perfect it what could be the new T.V.

It looked similar to the "Minority Report" virtual reality scene with T.C.'s holographic wife.

Nactous
Originally posted by overlord
Oh, let me! Let me! Maybe it is because games are EU? it's so simple.. so simple.
As well as the tv show.

Captain REX
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
That's hot. It's still looks underdeveloped though, expensive as hell and the resolution is distorted as fcuk but i'll give it 5 more years before they perfect it what could be the new T.V.

It looked similar to the "Minority Report" virtual reality scene with T.C.'s holographic wife.

Well, that clip wasn't the TV show, after all. stick out tongue

Sesse
Just wait for 10 more years and yet more overpowering of the average jedi-bystanders and they are having hard time trying to explain why the jedi were so "clumsy and weak" in the PT movies as they are so powerful in newer pieces of entertainment.

So in OT they were old.
In PT they were young.
In future they will be gods. Great.

Bespin Bart
No, it's...

In the OT they were old.
In the PT they were ignorant and clouded by the Dark Side! Oh noes!!!1
In the (blank) they were z0mg ub3r1337.

Lord Saboteur
Originally posted by Bespin Bart
No, it's...

In the OT they were old.
In the PT they were clouded by the Dark Side! Oh noes!!!1
In the NJO they were z0mg ub3r1337. Fixed.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Tangible God
By now? To stop overpowering them.

Yeah, that makes sense, I suppose.

But I'm assuming that most people that play the games like it that way. They want the characters to be overpowered, so Lucasarts keeps doing it, because it works.

overlord
As well as the tv show. Will the tv show not be as canonical as the movies?

Blue_Hefner
Can't see.....sad

Infinity
Originally posted by Bespin Bart
No, it's...

In the OT they were old.
In the PT they were ignorant and clouded by the Dark Side! Oh noes!!!1
In the NJO they were z0mg ub3r1337.

lmaoo

Blue_Hefner
Re up please

yettoh
to the new star wars game in 2007 a review on ign said they would have very advanced ai sytems ign said that if u threw a stormtrooper into a wall he would try and grab somthing and everything would be destuctible like example empire state and dents would be diffrent every time and heres best bit a death system to fall were there shot or sabered like u hit his leg he mint fall over or stick your saber into him he would ahve big hole in him

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.