E-vangelism

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alliance
I'm surprised there wasn't a thread on this.

I thought it woudl be a good place for people to discuss their contacts with Evangelism, TV Evangelism, and E-vangelism.

...ya know. Share stories, opinons, experiences, etc.

Shakyamunison
Evangelism does more evil in the world then good.

Alliance
I think this is a common opinon.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Alliance
I think this is a common opinon.

I just had to say it. wink

Alliance
My first experience was when i was in DC in 8th grade, i got attacked by Evangelicals and they threw pamphlets at me. They were dancing or somehting. I don't really remember, it was very scarring.

Roland
I think it is utter crap b/c when these people go out and preach and try to convert through tv,radio etc. etc. they see nothing wrong with pressing their views on everyone else.

BUT If I were to go on T.V. or the radio or speak at an event of some sort and say that God is not real, the Bible is just a book and you should give yourself to the theory of evolution. I would have tons and tons of people flipping out on me the second the words "God is not real" left my mouth.

I just don't get the whole "Lets press our views on everyone." idea.

Regret
I had some Baptist missionaries visit me once, they said that if I proclaimed that I loved Jesus, or something similar although it took five to ten minutes to say it in the manner they did, I was saved and didn't need do anything else to get to heaven. So I looked at them and proclaimed, "I love Jesus," followed by "now you can go, I'll keep believing as I do, I'm going to heaven anyway."

They need to be more careful as to what they say, often they state that this type of thing and later state that, "Oh, you also have to these things we believe as well to really have meant it when you said 'I love Jesus', because you can't just say it and be saved. But it is only by grace, and what you do won't help you get there all the same wink"

Hypocritical statements make me laugh. But I am sure my religion's missionaries make mistakes as well.

Regret
I figure everyone tries to tell me their views are right, religions are the same. It is just a manner of place and timing that is different with evangelicals.

I listen to other religions' missionaries, because I want others to do the same with my religion's missionaries.

Alliance
Here are some good youtubes:

by Richard Dawkins

New Method of Evangelism

Dancing!

Alliance
I dont listen to any missionaries...ive never met one....besides Mormons, but they were all done with their service at that point.

Here's a new, good form of evangelism though: Good evangelism

debbiejo
They gave me a "Chick" Tract.........made me cry....crybaby

Then they took my money away...............then they made me go to church 4 times a week.......... sad

Then they told me I was possessed......but changed their mind...oh, yeah, that was my parents that said that........The pastor said I was ok.....

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
They gave me a "Chick" Tract.........made me cry....crybaby

Then they took my money away...............then they made me go to church 4 times a week.......... sad

Then they told me I was possessed......but changed their mind...oh, yeah, that was my parents that said that........The pastor said I was ok.....

I think the pastor was wrong. eek!

debbiejo
laughing out loud

God, the devil is everywhere..........that's where the voices are coming from....the devils even calling me on the phone.........make it go away!!

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
laughing out loud

God, the devil is everywhere..........that's where the voices are coming from....the devils even calling me on the phone.........make it go away!!

Have you noticed that the devil always does what the Church wants?

loopykill
yeah cos the devils real, smile

debbiejo
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Have you noticed that the devil always does what the Church wants? YEP

the devil is really god!! confused

Alliance
ABRAXAS!

gordomuchacho
I love Benny Hime when he hits people across the ehad and they fall and then mysteriously awake healed from their injury. Anyways, i'm not sure if any1s seen this, but they have tese video clips of an evangelist speaking and then adding farts to t at the perfec moment. Its called farting preacher, absolutely hilarious

Alliance
never saw it.

Mindship
I used to have Jehovah's Witnesses come by...until I started "evangelizing" meditation, lucid dreaming, "New Age" whatnot.

They stopped coming by.

Lord Urizen
MY grandfather is Evangelical Christian, and he always feels the need to lecture me, i could never have a conversation with him having to do with religion, because he will always tell me how my soul is in trouble, and all this BS. I know he loves me, but the reason he is Evangelical (he was once Jewish) is because he was always a lousy father, and a lost person...now this religion gives him a sense of reconciliation, he's old now, and he thinks he is a better person because of the religion, rather than due to actual maturity as a person.

He gets terrified anytime i say i didnt go to church, or don't pray that much, or whenever I talk about something scientific or artistic he gets all religious in my face, it's annoying...so i try to avoid as much convo with him as i can.

Oh if i ever told him i was bisexual, FORGET IT he'd fkn flip ! The lectures from him on how i will burn in hell forever would never END ! lol

debbiejo
Originally posted by Mindship
I used to have Jehovah's Witnesses come by...until I started "evangelizing" meditation, lucid dreaming, "New Age" whatnot.

They stopped coming by. Yeah, that would do it... laughing

Alliance
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
or whenever I talk about something scientific or artistic he gets all religious in my face,

My life woudl be over. What does he have against art?

Imperial_Samura
I'm surprised there wasn't a thread on this.

I thought it woudl be a good place for people to discuss their contacts with Evangelism, TV Evangelism, and E-vangelism.

...ya know. Share stories, opinons, experiences, etc.

Nothing worse then coming home late at night, turning on the TV for a bit of back ground noise, only to have some hideous Harpy suddenly start screeching about something. I swear, the most innocuous things get a TV evangelist going:

"SO, I was in the hair dressers, and a women came in and asked for an appointment. A vacancy was found and her response, I say her response was "thank God." And I say that is the problem with the world! We, with our vanity, drag God down! We stain him with our WORDS! How can we claim to be good Christians when we can't even respect the name of the Holy father?"

or:

"I was in one of those restaurants the other day, KF MacDonald's (stops for some laughter. Laughter??!) and the young man on the counter asked if I wanted fries in addition to what I had asked for. And this got me thinking. This young man, he knows humanity better then most people. Because that really describes us. Always wanting more. God has offered us a great meal, but we always want another side dish, a bigger coke...."

And on and on.

Yes, I have long had that problem with the claims. I mean, surely the Devil, if he wanted to mess God up, would NOT be an evil guy. He'd make hell nice, after all, honey attracts more bees then vinegar. He'd advocate peace and love and stuff like that to draw people away. But apparently not, he does exactly what God says he does.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
...Yes, I have long had that problem with the claims. I mean, surely the Devil, if he wanted to mess God up, would NOT be an evil guy. He'd make hell nice, after all, honey attracts more bees then vinegar. He'd advocate peace and love and stuff like that to draw people away. But apparently not, he does exactly what God says he does.

thumb up I thought no one was listening. But then again, this forum does not have sound. laughing

Alliance
Thats becuase god it the supremo and everyone does what he wants. In which case it doesnt matter if you go to hell, you are still under god's will.

Shakyamunison
Thats becuase god it the supremo and everyone does what he wants. In which case it doesnt matter if you go to hell, you are still under god's will.

God is not a "he". roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lord Urizen
My life woudl be over. What does he have against art?

Nothing as long as the Artwork is Christian in nature.

To him any other artwork is blasphemy and spiritually endangering. He's annoying like that. laughing

debbiejo
Door to door, is not the best way......you need to live the life.........that is the best way.

Alliance
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
Nothing as long as the Artwork is Christian in nature.

To him any other artwork is blasphemy and spiritually endangering. He's annoying like that. laughing

Dont ever show him my stuff then.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.