BEAST vs. VENOM

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jarlaxle
I personally think this would be a good one...

Debate/Discuss

who?-kid
Beast is dead. Really he is. He'll hold his own for a few minutes, until Venom doesn't want to play anymore and starts tearing him apart.

Jarlaxle
I know beast is dead, but this is a Hypothetical fight....the situation could have taken place at any time.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by who?-kid
Beast is dead. Really he is. He'll hold his own for a few minutes, until Venom doesn't want to play anymore and starts tearing him apart.

Co-signed. And I love Beast.

Reaper777
Yeah, I like Beast too, but he isnt a match for Venom, The longest he'd stay in the fight is 15 min. tops.

Inhuman
Beast would make a good feast for venom

partiallyinsane
Absolutely no contest. Venom takes this easily. Poor Beast sad

Reaper777
Originally posted by Inhuman
Beast would make a good feast for venom
Yeah,he would.

Whittdawg92
I think beast fighting venom for 15 minutes is a stretch, (and i'm not saying that just cuz i'm a super spidey-fan)

Reaper777
Originally posted by Whittdawg92
I think beast fighting venom for 15 minutes is a stretch, (and i'm not saying that just cuz i'm a super spidey-fan)

Thats why i said "15 min. tops" that is the most time he can possibly stay alive with Venom, that is if he pulls the old hit and run trick, when you hide somewhere and bash em over the head with something while they arent looking and then run away.

But your right 15 minutes is a stretch.

Scoobless
Yup... Venom would literally rip Beast to pieces

Darth Martin
Punisher beat Venom no expression

Reaper777
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Punisher beat Venom no expression

thats punisher, not beast,

Venom vs Punisher=good fight
Venom vs Beast=DEAD

Soljer
Beast is eradicated.

Venom is so far out of his league, it isn't funny.

Scoobless
Well...... it's a little funny.... no expression

Reaper777
Originally posted by Scoobless
Well...... it's a little funny.... no expression

Yeah, It is pretty funny Happy Dance big grin

Soljer
Fifteen minutes? Fifteen minutes is a LONG fight. Seriously.....Go fifteen minutes on a heavy bag, or wrestle someone for fifteen minutes. Jesus H. Christ.

Beast would last a SINGLE minute. Tops.

The Pict
Beast beats venom.

sorry just wanted to see how it looked, venom whups him easy.

Reaper777
Originally posted by Soljer
Fifteen minutes? Fifteen minutes is a LONG fight. Seriously.....Go fifteen minutes on a heavy bag, or wrestle someone for fifteen minutes. Jesus H. Christ.

Yeah, I guess you're right He probably wouldnt last more than a couple munites.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Punisher beat Venom no expression Puniser with prep and awareness of the sonics thing trapped venom. Pun cant beat Batman, let alone Spiderman or venom.

Whittdawg92
Punisher's way overrated, even for stree-levelers.

badabing
Beast gets owned in this fight.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Soljer

Err...Beast and and Venom have superhuman endurance. This fight would probably take a good period of time, mostly because Beast will be dodging many blows. However, as soon as Venom starts landing enough hits, it'll soon be over for Beast.

Reaper777
But he wouldnt last very long though, there arent alot of people that can dodge venom for a very long time.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Reaper777
But he wouldnt last very long though, there arent alot of people that can dodge venom for a very long time.

And while I agree, I also believe Beast is one of those few.

Reaper777
Originally posted by Metalmanx
And while I agree, I also believe Beast is one of those few.

Yeah, maybe.

Reaper777
I really dont know how long he would last, but I know he would lose, .......eventualy.

Big Sexy
Beast wouldn't last long at all. Were talking about the same venom that spider man has trouble out maneuvering. Venom would molest the cat.

Whittdawg92
1.venom's immune to spider-man's "spidey-sense" so he's easier to hit 2.no one said which form beast is in, so i wouldn't assume it was cat and 3.Beast's reflexes are far superior to a humans, although venom's slightly below spiderman.

Jarlaxle
What you're all forgetting...How does spiderman beat venom? He uses his brains...Beast is a genious, don't forget...Agile enough to avoid venom as well as spider man, and he is pretty strong too...Im saying he would stand a chance.

Reaper777
Originally posted by Jarlaxle
What you're all forgetting...How does spiderman beat venom? He uses his brains...Beast is a genious, don't forget...Agile enough to avoid venom as well as spider man, and he is pretty strong too...Im saying he would stand a chance.

He does have a point, I still think venom would win though, now that I think about it, Beast probably would last a bit longer that thought.

Jarlaxle
I dont disagree that venom would probably win, but beast is going to stand a damn good shot.

Whittdawg92
as with all smarties, with prep beast would sonic cannon him in the head and shoot Eddie Brock to death.

Jarlaxle
No prep fight though...but like spiderman, beast would probably be able to find a loud noise making object during the fight.

Grimm22
Venom can take down people like Spider-Man, Thing, ect...

What chance does Beast stand no expression

Reaper777
He's smarter than those people.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Reaper777
He's smarter than those people.

Hardly no expression

Spidey isnt stupid wink

Sam Z
Originally posted by Jarlaxle

Spider-man usualy uses sonics, so unless Beast has sonic gun with him he wouldn't last long.

Jarlaxle
Beast is way smarter than spidey, he has to be one of the smartest characters around.

Sam Z
I know, but it also depends on the place they fight in. Venom is freaking durable. Spider-man's attacks never worked against him, so Beast still would need to find some way to hit him with sonics, that is the only way.

blind faith
well with prep. time to get a sonic gun Beast would likely win, but even there he would have to break some sweat, I remember in the comics when Spidey had prep. time + outside help(Human Torch from F4) + the sonic gun and Venom almost killed them both, Human Torch got a lesson he'll never forget. But Beast could do it.

Without prep. time, however, Beast loses big time.

MrHeavySilence
Isn't Beast faster? Maybe he could put on some earplugs, lead Venom to NASA and activate a rocket ship- ultimately tearing off the symbiote with deafening sound. Then Beast can snap his neck.

Just a thought.

Grimm22
With prep time nearly anybody can beat Venom erm

Whittdawg92
dude, grimm22, venom can NOT beat thing.

Dinalfos
Yes he can. Venom possesses Spiderman's abilities. He doesn't necessarily have to go toe to toe with him. He can use his webbing, his symbiote(projectiles, suffocation) and his speed to outdo him. They're both skilled fighters, though.

Whittdawg92
venom doesn't have webbing, but he does have his symbiote suit. colossus would never have that problem *sticks nose in air*

Dinalfos
Venom doesn't have webbing? What?

Whittdawg92
he uses his suit to make "tentacles" and he can shoot them, but they run out easily.

AngryManatee
actually it is webbing but it's formed from the symbiote's own organic mass. That's why spidey beat him in his first full appearence in #300

AngryManatee
also the fact that spider-man's spidey sense doesn't work on him doesn't change the fact that Venom still pretty much had his way with Ben Reilly even though he had a working spidey-sense against Venom. The story even describes him as attacking "with a speed that equals Reilly's own"

Jarlaxle
Also, beast was even stronger than Dark Beast, with his feline upgrade...

Jyppe
ACtually, Venom nearly killed/suffocated Thing once. He stuck his tongue inside Thing. Thing even notes afterwards that the tongue was tangling with his insides. Gross..

Jarlaxle
I dont think beast gets enough credit :P

Whittdawg92
of course he doesn't, he's a badass character and an origianl x-man, but no one care sad

Jarlaxle
beast wins, because of his genious intellect, mediocre powers, and stunning good looks :P

MrHeavySilence
Originally posted by Whittdawg92
of course he doesn't, he's a badass character and an origianl x-man, but no one care sad

Beast is a very weak character, that's probably why.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Grimm22
Venom can take down people like Spider-Man, Thing, ect...

What chance does Beast stand no expression Originally posted by Reaper777
He's smarter than those people. Originally posted by Grimm22
Hardly no expression

Spidey isnt stupid wink Beast beats their combined IQ. Because Thing's is about, what? 50 or so... shifty

Sam Z
Venom still kills Beast, unless he gets preptime...

Jarlaxle
Um not really...

The Beast has the superhuman strength, agility, endurance, speed and dexterity. He is strong enough to lift (press) 2,000 pounds. His legs are powerful enough to enable him to leap 14 feet high in a standing high jump, and 22 feet in a standing broad jump. He is able to crawl up brick walls by wedging his fingers and toes into the smallest cracks and applying a vise-like grip on them. He has enough power to smash through a four-inch thick oaken door with a single blow or tie a three-inch solid steel bar into a knot.

He has the agility of a great ape and the acrobatic prowess of the most accomplished circus aerialist and acrobat. Ha can walk a tightrope or a slack rope as easily as most people can walk on a sidewalk. He can walk on his hands for many hours, or perform a complicated sequence of gymnastic stunts such as flips, rolls, and springs. He can easily match or top any Olympic record at gymnastics apparatus (such as flying rings, climbing ropes, horizontal bars, trampolines). Further, his manual and pedal dexterity is so great that he can write using both hands at once or tie knots in rope with his toes.

The Beast is quite fast, able to run on all four at approximately 40 miles per hour for short sprints. His stamina is approximately triple that of a well-trained athlete in his prime. His physiology is durable enough to permit him to take a three-story fall without a broken bone or stain (providing he lands on his feet).

At the time of his further mutation into his present furry form, his metabolism underwent a period of accelerated change. As a side effect, he was able to metabolize and recover from penetration wound to his body within a matter of hours. Since then, his body's metabolism has stabilized and he no longer has quite such a rapid recovery rate. He is still able to recover from a wound at about twice the normal human rate.

How is that weak?

Sam Z
I never said he is weak, but man...
Venom has speed that is comparable to Spider-man, MUCH stronger than him, can make his suit sharp, he is freaking durable and can take even class 100 punches without getting much hurt, SPider's punches are useless against him. He can break steel doors with ease and lift huge bulldozers. He KOed Spider-man before with single punch and almost killed Railly with single strike. Few times kicked Carnage ass in 1 on 1 fight. And ALL that was before he merged with his clone and became even stronger. Sorry but without preptime Beast doesn't stand a chance.

Grimm22
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Beast beats their combined IQ. Because Thing's is about, what? 50 or so... shifty

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ben isnt stupid.

He may not be a genius but he has a ton of common sense

So unless Beast has an IQ of over 200 your wrong big grin

Richv1
Vemon hes got Beast beat in everything but brains.

Big Sexy
Venom would destroy beast. Beast has a great IQ but I never see him use it on the spot like spiderman. Anything he does takes time, when hes on the field he reserts to using his beast like powers and that leads to molest in a bucket.

Metalmanx
I dunno really. If you look at REALLY old Beast, like back in the 60s and 70s, he was a lot more resourceful and a better thinker-on-the-fly back then than he is now. Mostly because he had to be, he was a main member of the 5-person team. But, because of the skyrocketing population of the X-roster, he gets very, very little spotlight. It's really hard to say what he could do now if he was giving more showings. Give Beast as many showings as Wolverine, and things would be so much more different.

Beast 2-3/10.

Whittdawg92
i concur.

Sam Z
Originally posted by Richv1
Vemon hes got Beast beat in everything but brains.

Venom usually eats brains...

xmarksthespot
I dunno really. If you look at REALLY old Beast, like back in the 60s and 70s, he was a lot more resourceful and a better thinker-on-the-fly back then than he is now. Mostly because he had to be, he was a main member of the 5-person team. But, because of the skyrocketing population of the X-roster, he gets very, very little spotlight. It's really hard to say what he could do now if he was giving more showings. Give Beast as many showings as Wolverine, and things would be so much more different.

Beast 2-3/10. I commented on this before in another thread. In terms of street-level to low level superhuman there is a distinct advantage to characters with their own ongoing title e.g. Spider-Man, Daredevil, Batman, Captain America, Wolverine. For one thing they have a title focused on them in which they can perform many feats. For another their popularity has entitled them a solo title and that same popularity often allows them to have showings against more powerful people. When one looks at how many feats a character has they should really also look at the number of appearances they've had too.

Venom wins though.

Darth Martin

Beast 2-3/10. cosigned

Jarlaxle
Fact: Beast has an IQ of 179

Darth Vegas
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I commented on this before in another thread. In terms of street-level to low level superhuman there is a distinct advantage to characters with their own ongoing title e.g. Spider-Man, Daredevil, Batman, Captain America, Wolverine. For one thing they have a title focused on them in which they can perform many feats. For another their popularity has entitled them a solo title and that same popularity often allows them to have showings against more powerful people. When one looks at how many feats a character has they should really also look at the number of appearances they've had too.

Venom wins though.

I concur.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.