Kyle Rayner vs Sentinal(Alan Scott).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
Nuff said.

Sea King
im not sure but i think has been done but anyway alan would win this

he has(as a gl not sentinal) canceled hals ring and he thought kyle some on how to use his ring.

this is sentinal version though so he has no wood weakness and is quite powerful

Darth Martin
I'm going with Alan too.

Validus
Originally posted by Sea King
im not sure but i think has been done but anyway alan would win this
Nah

Sea King
Originally posted by Validus
Nah

about what part??

Validus
About Alan beating Kyle. Since the thread doesn't specify we assume it's current Kyle who has access to Alan's power source plus another. He would defeat Alan handily.

Now as normal old Green Lantern, Kyle would lose.

About the thread being done before, you are correct.

batdude123
Alan. I assume Kyle isn't Ion for this fight, so I'll stick with Sentinel for this fight.

Sea King
About Alan beating Kyle. Since the thread doesn't specify we assume it's current Kyle who has access to Alan's power source plus another. He would defeat Alan handily.

Now as normal old Green Lantern, Kyle would lose.

i agree with you that if it is ion then yes but if its kyle then no.

(i know they are the same person but i was talking about the diffrent versions like gl and ion)

one more thing how did kyle get acess to the starheart?

Validus
Jade gave it to him.

Sea King
Jade gave it to him.

all ok

i always thought that alan should have been part of the corps cause if it was not forthe Gardions he would of never been gl.

Sea King
but if its gl kyle then alan stomps him and if its ion the alan gets stomped

Darth Martin
No Ion. Should I change Sentinal to regular Alan Scott to make it more even?

King_Mungi
The evil Ion just got defeated by Hal Jordan :P

Anyways we really don't know what good Ion is capable of after he "hatched" for the caccoon.

Sea King
Originally posted by Darth Martin

alan would win even if you do change it to gl alan wink

it would be more close a fight but alan would stll win

Validus
I disagree with that. Alan has experience but almost no feats to say he bests Kyle and his wood weakness is easily exploited.

Juntai
Originally posted by King_Mungi
The evil Ion just got defeated by Hal Jordan :P

Anyways we really don't know what good Ion is capable of after he "hatched" for the caccoon. Not quite. Did you read the comic?
If you did you'd know Alex Nero was defeated by Hal in space, and Kyle was still back on Mogo.

Mider
rayner is to imaginative with his powers

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Juntai
Not quite. Did you read the comic?
If you did you'd know Alex Nero was defeated by Hal in space, and Kyle was still back on Mogo.

No duh! did you even read my post?

"Anyways we really don't know what good Ion is capable of after he "hatched" from the caccoon". The caccoon that was on Mogo, and I never said Kyle lost to Hal just the bad Ion, which is correct. We have no idea what current Ion is capable of, but the evil version (Nero) was defeated by Hal.

DigiMark007
I love the respect Alan gets here since I'm a huge fan, but Kyle honestly has some insane feats that I have yet to see Alan match.....ever.

It's mainly the discussion of power sources and which version we're talking about.

Ion = win
Kyle as regular GL = Loss
Alan as Sentinel = better
Alan as GL = not as good

It probably goes something like this:

Ion > Kyle+Starheart > Sentinel > GL(Alan) > GL(Kyle)

Sea King
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I love the respect Alan gets here since I'm a huge fan, but Kyle honestly has some insane feats that I have yet to see Alan match.....ever.

It's mainly the discussion of power sources and which version we're talking about.

Ion = win
Kyle as regular GL = Loss
Alan as Sentinel = better
Alan as GL = not as good

It probably goes something like this:

Ion > Kyle+Starheart > Sentinel > GL(Alan) > GL(Kyle)

yes i could go for that but it is sentinel in this fight so he wins

DigiMark007
yes i could go for that but it is sentinel in this fight so he wins

Possibly. The version of Kyle was never specified. The "normal" version would be GL, in which case I'd agree with you. But apparently Kyle has the Starheart or somesuch currently, so if we go with current I may have to disagree.

But it's all quite relative...we can't decide without more specific character references.

Sea King
Possibly. The version of Kyle was never specified. The "normal" version would be GL, in which case I'd agree with you. But apparently Kyle has the Starheart or somesuch currently, so if we go with current I may have to disagree.

But it's all quite relative...we can't decide without more specific character references.

actually the tread starter said no ion

Sea King
Originally posted by Darth Martin

DigiMark007
actually the tread starter said no ion

Ah right.

Fair enough then. smile

Validus
Is there anything to show why the forum consensus seems to be Alan > Kyle?

Sea King

this is Green Lantern kyle and Sentinal alan so i dont see kyle winnig their

DigiMark007

lol. No, there isn't. But I like Alan so this forum-wide trend amuses me.

laughing out loud

Validus
this is Green Lantern kyle and Sentinal alan so i dont see kyle winnig their
I'm talking about both as Green Lantern's here. The only thing I've ever heard was that Alan had the experience edge but if that were the case, everyone would say Alan > Hal which isn't the case.

newjak86
Maybe me and BW should have drafted Alan instead of Kyle

Sea King
I'm talking about both as Green Lantern's here. The only thing I've ever heard was that Alan had the experience edge but if that were the case, everyone would say Alan > Hal which isn't the case.

well i dont say alan is greater then hal but i do say they are equals and i can show scans to back that up

DigiMark007
Originally posted by newjak86
Maybe me and BW should have drafted Alan instead of Kyle

I'd say yes, except that scans (while they exist) are harder to come by for Alan than Hal and Kyle, because they're more popular (recently at least). A lot of it would have to be taken at your word rather than shown in scans.

Validus
well i dont say alan is greater then hal but i do say they are equals and i can show scans to back that up
Probably from a single comic. Kyle, Hal, Wally, Superman, and Dr. Fate pretty much sit atop the rest of the DCU as far as actual feats are concerned.

Sea King
Probably from a single comic. Kyle, Hal, Wally, Superman, and Dr. Fate pretty much sit atop the rest of the DCU as far as actual feats are concerned.

no not a singal comic either i do have some were around two to three diffrent comics that i can show they are at least equals.

DigiMark007
I remember an old silver-age fight where Alan punks him....I don't have scans but I've seen it.

But that's not even canon anymore, since it was before the original Crisis.

Sea King
not to metion its alan who showed kyle how to use the ring for the most part

DigiMark007

Moot point. Kyle's well past that now. It's like saying I could beat up Mr. T when he was 4 years old. I could, but right now he'd whup my ass.

Validus
Sinestro showed Hal how to use his ring but we all know how their fights usually go.

If you want to say Alan and Hal are equals, thats fine. I would agree but I could easily make the case that Kyle is equal to both too. His feats are unsurpassed by anyone, period.

Sea King
Moot point. Kyle's well past that now. It's like saying I could beat up Mr. T when he was 4 years old. I could, but right now he'd whup my ass.

sinestro tought hal jordan and hal may have beat him but he always had a hell of a fight on his hands

Sea King
Sinestro showed Hal how to use his ring but we all know how their fights usually go.

If you want to say Alan and Hal are equals, thats fine. I would agree but I could easily make the case that Kyle is equal to both too. His feats are unsurpassed by anyone, period.

i never thought kyle was below them as a matter fact i always thought he was al least their equals if not better as gl. if were dealing with sentinal then hes stronger then kyle and if you read the comic were brain wave took controll of sentinal you see were he tells kyle to kill him before its to late. then he gets compleat controll of him and kyle figures out he wants him to kill alan. then brain wave tells kyle that he was not fighting to full abilty cause he did want kyle to kill alan cause that would drive jade crazy with rage aginst kyle.

Validus
Yet you still believe that GL Alan Vs GL Kyle has Alan coming out on top. I'm just saying theres nothing to suggest Alan would defeat Kyle if both are just at their Green Lantern power levels and that Alan being better or having more willpower than Kyle is an unfounded opinion.

Sea King
Yet you still believe that GL Alan Vs GL Kyle has Alan coming out on top. I'm just saying theres nothing to suggest Alan would defeat Kyle if both are just at their Green Lantern power levels and that Alan being better or having more willpower than Kyle is an unfounded opinion.

i believe alan has the exp on him of course but he has will power on him.

although the fact that kyle is more creative and has shown far better feats and that leads me to believe he would have great will power. i dont it could be greater then alans but i was always under the impression that alan was sapouse to have the greates will power not by feats but by the way he was portrayed.

so yes i sopuse kyle could beat him in a gl on gl match.
but i also believe it could go either way but you seem to think kyle could simply beat him hands down or at least thats the way your sounding to me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.