Multiversal Martial Arts Tournament

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Soljer
Here is an idea. Every single character from DC, from Marvel, from Image, from any comic is suddenly transported by the WrIte-R to a distant planet. Two by two, a tournament is held. Anyone with (true) super powers is immediately depowered.

Nominate your favorite combatants to be the tournament champion. I hope to have a top five/ten at the end of this thread of the BEST of the BEST.

Oh, and Karate Kid referees. stick out tongue.

Jesse7
I nominate Omega Kid

Apolloknight
karate Kid pwns everyone in the tournament 100 at a time with 10 second rest in-between every 100.

Soljer
*laughs*

Damnit! I said Karate Kid referees! He can't participate -_-.

Validus
Originally posted by Soljer
*laughs*

Damnit! I said Karate Kid referees! He can't participate -_-.
What about the second Karate Kid? He was nearly as good as Val. big grin

partiallyinsane
I doubt anyone would agree with me seeing as how he's is viewed as a dead-weight in these forums, but I think Daredevil would win this competition.

Soljer
Originally posted by partiallyinsane
I doubt anyone would agree with me seeing as how he's is viewed as a dead-weight in these forums, but I think Daredevil would win this competition.

No worries, at least you nominated a real candidate *glares at above posters*.

Now we just need someone else to nominate another candidate, and there can be debate! Yay! stick out tongue.

HisMajestyAC43
oo spiderman, batman, captain america, black panther, wolverine, and just fo r the hell of it, thanos.

Skeets
No Karate kid? so probably Mantis,kenshiro.

partiallyinsane
Originally posted by HisMajestyAC43
oo spiderman, batman, captain america, black panther, wolverine, and just fo r the hell of it, thanos.

No powers spidey is screwed. Batman would lose...probably to Cap at least. Panther wouldn't be nearly as effective without his powers.

Thanos knows fighting styles other than blasting and bashing?

DD knows moves that other heroes can't even perform due to his time with heightened senses...I believe he'd win...that is if he could see again...instead of being totally blind...even then he's pretty formidable.

P.S.(His powers aren't really powers...stick told him that they were senses everyone had, but it takes something (training, the accident that DD lost his sight in, etc.) to unlock them)

HisMajestyAC43
Originally posted by partiallyinsane
No powers spidey is screwed. Batman would lose...probably to Cap at least. Panther wouldn't be nearly as effective without his powers.

Thanos knows fighting styles other than blasting and bashing?

DD knows moves that other heroes can't even perform due to his time with heightened senses...I believe he'd win...that is if he could see again...instead of being totally blind...even then he's pretty formidable.

P.S.(His powers aren't really powers...stick told him that they were senses everyone had, but it takes something (training, the accident that DD lost his sight in, etc.) to unlock them)

ok, without spidey senses, i can see spidey losing to dd bcause of his "super-senses" (which arent powers at all)...

but how exactly is he going to beat batman? i just don't see it. lol neither does dd...

and thanos doesn't need to know anything but blast and bash... not that he doesn't know more than that, but his durability and strength without enhancements alone are more than dd could ever hope to super sense through...

partiallyinsane
ok, without spidey senses, i can see spidey losing to dd bcause of his "super-senses" (which arent powers at all)...

but how exactly is he going to beat batman? i just don't see it. lol neither does dd...

and thanos doesn't need to know anything but blast and bash... not that he doesn't know more than that, but his durability and strength without enhancements alone are more than dd could ever hope to super sense through...

Batman isn't near as adept as DD. DD knows some techniques that probably don't even exist in DC.

As for Thanos...well...Thor was once taken out buy a nerve shot, from Mantis, to the neck. With his enhanced senses DD could find more effective shots than even Mantis.

Soljer
Gahh! Thanos has super strength and durability. Though they may be a gift from birth, because of his race, they too are eliminated. His competition in this tournament would be restricted to an appropriate strength and durability level for a HUMAN of his weight and size.

Same goes for any humanoid alien.

As far as non-humanoid aliens...well...I don't know if they should even be admissible, but assuming they ARE, they are also restricted in a similar fashion.

It would be like saying "Superman would win because he's kryptonian! Even without a yellow sun, he still has yellow sun energy in reserve" or some such. Just unfair wink.

batdude123
If you take away DD's senses, he'd get beat by Batman. erm

Soljer
True, but as they pointed out, DareDevil's senses aren't a super power, but rather, a skill.

I honestly think Task Master would have a good shot at this contest, especially if he goes last wink.

batdude123
True, but as they pointed out, DareDevil's senses aren't a super power, but rather, a skill.

I honestly think Task Master would have a good shot at this contest, especially if he goes last wink.

Um, you can't get a radar sense like that through pure training, and neither did Matt. It was awarded (or plagued) to him, and it IS a power. Thus, it should be taken away from this tournament.

And Taskmaster's mimicing powers should also be taken away...

Mr.V
Originally posted by batdude123
Um, you can't get a radar sense like that through pure training, and neither did Matt. It was awarded (or plagued) to him, and it IS a power. Thus, it should be taken away from this tournament.

The dude's blind cut a brother some slack hey? wink without it he can't even bloody see lol.

batdude123
Originally posted by Mr.V
The dude's blind cut a brother some slack hey? wink without it he can't even bloody see lol.

So give him his sight back!!! laughing

MrHeavySilence
I nominate Black Canary.

And..

The Joker. He's a master of Joker-Fu. Joker-Fu style is a combination of Brazilian Street Fighting and Jokernomics.

batdude123
Originally posted by MrHeavySilence
I nominate Black Canary.

And..

The Joker. He's a master of Joker-Fu. Joker-Fu style is a combination of Brazilian Street Fighting and Jokernomics.

huh

Soljer

I'm unsure. I thought, as another poster mentioned, there was nothing 'super' about murdock. His 'powers' could easily be achieved through intense training, right? Making it a skill?

:-/

I also thought the Taskmaster's abilities were due to an advanced photographic memory. Again, a skill, not a power.

Akin to Cassandra's ability to read body language. A skill, not a power, right? :-/...

I'm unsure whether I should ammend the rules, to take these out as well, or not. Are they powers? or skills?

batdude123
I'm unsure. I thought, as another poster mentioned, there was nothing 'super' about murdock. His 'powers' could easily be achieved through intense training, right? Making it a skill?

:-/

I also thought the Taskmaster's abilities were due to an advanced photographic memory. Again, a skill, not a power.

Akin to Cassandra's ability to read body language. A skill, not a power, right? :-/...

I'm unsure whether I should ammend the rules, to take these out as well, or not. Are they powers? or skills?

Well, they're f*cking with you about DD's radar sense. That's a power, plain and simple. Nobody can hone their senses that well. They're truely incredible. DD's POWERS were awarded to him and he didn't get them through training. So... I'd ban the radar sense. thumb down Of course, you'd have to give his eye sight back.

A skill??? A skill wouldn't let you copy and mimic that many people's movements. That's an implanted power.

Soljer
True, true. I guess Matt loses his radar, but gains sight. I was kidding about Taskmaster, though, I do not believe he would be that difficult to take out. All one would have to do is act erratically, as Deadpool did.

Deathstroke could probably do the same thing, considering he was un-readable by cass.

Anyway, some would argue a skill doesn't let you memorize an entire volume of books word for word, but people with a photographic memory would disagree.

batdude123
True, true. I guess Matt loses his radar, but gains sight. I was kidding about Taskmaster, though, I do not believe he would be that difficult to take out. All one would have to do is act erratically, as Deadpool did.

Deathstroke could probably do the same thing, considering he was un-readable by cass.

Anyway, some would argue a skill doesn't let you memorize an entire volume of books word for word, but people with a photographic memory would disagree.

No no no. Nobody on the planet can do what Taskmaster does. no He has implanted powers in his brain. erm

Accel
Taskmaster doesn't have powers, he has photographic reflexes. This is just a talent he was born with. It can't really be considered a power.

batdude123
Originally posted by Accel
Taskmaster doesn't have powers, he has photographic reflexes. This is just a talent he was born with. It can't really be considered a power.

Yep, you're right. erm

Reaper777
PITT RULES THIS TORNAMENT!, sorry had to say it, Id say Thanos or someone like that, But Pitt definately makes it into the top five.

complexbrother
I nominate Gamora

http://www.norse-man.net/Marvel/Char-G/Gamora.jpg

In her first appearances, Gamora's speed and strength were not superhuman, but the result of intensive training and incredible skill. In the pages of Infinity Watch it was revealed that Gamora had been cybernetically enhanced to have superhuman strength, speed and a healing factor equal to that of Wolverine. Gamora's strength and speed were further enhanced by Adam Warlock when they returned from Soul World.

Gamora is one of the most skilled martial artists in existance, capable of far more than holding her own against far more powerful opponents or numerous adversaries. She can paralyse powerful opponents by attacking nerve clusters. She is also skilled in the use of most weapons, usually preferring knives, but she carries advanced energy weapons as well

HisMajestyAC43
ummm... i think that dd's senses, taskmaster's memory and spiderman's spidey sense are all in the same class. they are like those kinds of things that make them good fighters, but also powers not honed skills. cyclops was born able to blast optic beams, but he couldn't control it till he was taught or mastered it with practice. but you cannot tell me that cyclop's optic blasts are not a power.

HisMajestyAC43
Originally posted by complexbrother
I nominate Gamora

http://www.norse-man.net/Marvel/Char-G/Gamora.jpg

In her first appearances, Gamora's speed and strength were not superhuman, but the result of intensive training and incredible skill. In the pages of Infinity Watch it was revealed that Gamora had been cybernetically enhanced to have superhuman strength, speed and a healing factor equal to that of Wolverine. Gamora's strength and speed were further enhanced by Adam Warlock when they returned from Soul World.

Gamora is one of the most skilled martial artists in existance, capable of far more than holding her own against far more powerful opponents or numerous adversaries. She can paralyse powerful opponents by attacking nerve clusters. She is also skilled in the use of most weapons, usually preferring knives, but she carries advanced energy weapons as well

wanna know who trained gamora to be a killing machine??

thanos!!!

cue carlos mencia!

carlos mencia: dur dur dur!

batdude123
ummm... i think that dd's senses, taskmaster's memory and spiderman's spidey sense are all in the same class. they are like those kinds of things that make them good fighters, but also powers not honed skills. cyclops was born able to blast optic beams, but he couldn't control it till he was taught or mastered it with practice. but you cannot tell me that cyclop's optic blasts are not a power.

It doesn't matter. They are still POWERS. Thus, they are stripped out of the competition.

complexbrother
but her fighting skills surpass his (the studant becomes the teacher, and he admitted it in the comic the Infinity Watch) because he has a plethora of powers and abilites to fall back on, not so with her.

HisMajestyAC43
It doesn't matter. They are still POWERS. Thus, they are stripped out of the competition.

exactly, thats the point i was trying to make if it wasnt clear. they are all powers, and therefore if powers are being stripped to make room for actual skill those should go too.

batdude123
exactly, thats the point i was trying to make if it wasnt clear. they are all powers, and therefore if powers are being stripped to make room for actual skill those should go too.

I only read your first sentence to your previous post. laughing stick out tongue

Soljer
Aye, and any natural super strength, durability, or speed is reduced to what would be appropriate for a human of that size.

For example, Wonder Woman was born out of Clay, to be as strong and as fast as she is. However, in this competition, she would only have the strength a normal (big mother ****ing) woman would have.

Grrrr....Two pages, and we are still debating rules -_-.

HisMajestyAC43
lol, i still think gamora is a good choice. ummm batman should still be in the running, dardevil, eh... theres a lot of heroes that fight well.

batdude123
Honestly, Soljier, there isn't any clear cut winner here. erm

jinzin
GOKU PWWWWNNNNNNZZZZZZZZORRRRRRRRRRRRZ ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Accel
Taskmaster's photographic reflexes can't be considered a power because unlike Spidey's spidy sense, DD's radar sense, and Cyclops's optic blast, his abilities are neither mutant nor unnaturally given. It's just a special gift that others can be born with as well, like Echo.

HisMajestyAC43
Originally posted by Accel
Taskmaster's photographic reflexes can't be considered a power because unlike Spidey's spidy sense, DD's radar sense, and Cyclops's optic blast, his abilities are neither mutant nor unnaturally given. It's just a special gift that others can be born with as well, like Echo.

yea but he has honed his natural ability to the point where it is an unfair advantage...

Jyppe
I'm with Gamora here. She pressure pointed Thing in the Infinity Crusade..

Accel
yea but he has honed his natural ability to the point where it is an unfair advantage...
Wouldn't that be part of training fit for any other martial artist?

Soljer
Honestly, Soljier, there isn't any clear cut winner here. erm

I know that. I was trying to get multiple people to nominate characters, and then the debate itself would be able to commence. There is no clear cut winner between EVERYONE, but perhaps if we could have some of the best nominated, there could be a clear cut winner between those few.

illadelph12
Well, if this is any comic book company anywhere, I'd say the top of the food chain behind Val is either the major player in the Fist of the North Star series or the Dragon Ball series. Perhaps the Naruto series also. In all honesty, Kenshiro may even be Val's equal, let alone his brother Raoh. Also, you'd have to include the Street Fighter comics, GI Joe comics, TMNT Comics, etc.

My money would be on Kenshiro or Goku. Gamora, Mantis, Batman 1M, Ryu and Snake Eyes are honorable mentions.

batdude123
Originally posted by illadelph12
Well, if this is any comic book company anywhere, I'd say the top of the food chain behind Val is either the major player in the Fist of the North Star series or the Dragon Ball series. Perhaps the Naruto series also. In all honesty, Kenshiro may even be Val's equal, let alone his brother Raoh. Also, you'd have to include the Street Fighter comics, GI Joe comics, TMNT Comics, etc.

My money would be on Kenshiro or Goku. Gamora, Mantis, Batman 1M, Ryu and Snake Eyes are honorable mentions.

Oh yeah!!! I forgot about Batman 1 Million!!! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Reaper777
I still think Pitt or Thanos would win

Sea King
Rock Lee no expression

rotiart
Gamora would win. She spars with, and can HURT Thanos.
When Drax had his infinity gem inside himself (he had somehow swallowed it) she kicked him hard enough in the gut to cause him to cough it up. Drax.. and person with Hulk level durability and strength, got winded by one kick from Gamora.

When Gamora sparred Thanos, It looked like Gamora was winning, Thanos said so himself. She is the most skilled/powerful combatant in hand in hand in Marvel comics bar none. I've yet to see anyone with stats like that, and since theres no karate kid... Gamora wins.

rotiart
Rock Lee is nothing compared to his master Guy.

Shudder at the thought of Guy at his prime. erm

Broly92
Goku

Soljer
Originally posted by Broly92
Goku

As I mentioned, anyone with super speed or strength is restricted to what strength and speed they SHOULD be for a human of their size. I'm not sure how great of a fighter Goku is, he never shows off any true skill. It's all incredible speed and strength. Which is restricted here.

HisMajestyAC43
Goku

umm i think that yosemite sam would most definitely pwnszor all of those marvel and dc pansies. especially that stupid gamora. roll eyes (sarcastic)

haha didnt you love how gamora was whooping up on ronan in his own mini series... lol. anybody?

Sea King
Originally posted by rotiart
Rock Lee is nothing compared to his master Guy.

Shudder at the thought of Guy at his prime. erm

yes that would be crazy for guy being at his prime he would be like flash speed

and the best h2h fighter among all of these

the best part is he has no super human powers

Broly92
As I mentioned, anyone with super speed or strength is restricted to what strength and speed they SHOULD be for a human of their size. I'm not sure how great of a fighter Goku is, he never shows off any true skill. It's all incredible speed and strength. Which is restricted here.
What as a kid he had the same speed and strength as skilled fighters and won still

complexbrother
he being a sayan he had superhuman strength, speed, and stamina

(I know everthing there is about the DBZ universe)

Sea King
what about guy and Rock Lee??

their speed and strength come from trainging and they have no super powers.

so their speeds and strength cant be restricted.

(except the lotus tec but other then that even moveing at flash compareable speeds is thier norm)

Broly92
he being a sayan he had superhuman strength, speed, and stamina

(I know everthing there is about the DBZ universe)
as do I but Goku's skill is one of the best

complexbrother
Originally posted by Sea King
what about guy and Rock Lee??

their speed and strength come from trainging and they have no super powers.

so their speeds and strength cant be restricted.

(except the lotus tec but other then that even moveing at flash compareable speeds is thier norm)

Then those feats by it's very nature would be conciderd superhuman, they just honed their human abilites to superhuman status levels

Soljer
Rawr. I don't care how anyone gets there. Superhuman is superhuman. It is nullified.

Sea King
http://www.myspace.com/chambersguy

this is my myspace i have a rock lee music video on their were he fights garra (at the exams with out his weights)

if you go look then you will have to turn of my music before playing it cause then its just jumbled

complexbrother
as do I but Goku's skill is one of the best

he does has much skill, but without his sayan abilites his skill level would'nt be much, he would have around the same skill level as Yamcha, or Krillin.

Broly92
he does has much skill, but without his sayan abilites his skill level would'nt be much, he would have around the same skill level as Yamcha, or Krillin.
No he would be a little above wink

galan7777777
id pick the celestial exitar the extirminator, because even depowered, he is still over 20,000ft tall, and could squash his opponent

Sea King
i say Guy or Rock lee even if they are not allowed their speed and strength they would still have the speed and strength of the best athleat in the world.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Sea King
i say Guy or Rock lee even if they are not allowed their speed and strength they would still have the speed and strength of the best athleat in the world.

Are you saying that Rock Lee and Gai have peak human stats? Chunnin Exam Rock Lee sans wieghts was moving faster then Gaara's protective sand barrier. For those who don't know that is hell'a fast; Gaara's sand barrier moved faster then the speed of sound at the time of the Chunnin Exam . Gai is much faster then Rock Lee... hell even a tweleve year old Kakashi showed some Quicksilver-esq speed.

Soljer
Originally posted by srankmissingnin

Are you saying that Rock Lee and Gai have peak human stats? Chunnin Exam Rock Lee sans wieghts was moving faster then Gaara's protective sand barrier. For those who don't know that is hell'a fast; Gaara's sand barrier moved faster then the speed of sound at the time of the Chunnin Exam . Gai is much faster then Rock Lee... hell even a tweleve year old Kakashi showed some Quicksilver-esq speed.

And, if you pay attention....ALL super powers are null and void for this tournament. Hence, characters that have quick-silver esque speed have what would be normal speed for their height/weight/build.

It is supposed to be ALL ABOUT skill.

srankmissingnin
And, if you pay attention....ALL super powers are null and void for this tournament. Hence, characters that have quick-silver esque speed have what would be normal speed for their height/weight/build.

It is supposed to be ALL ABOUT skill.

Yeah I just got what Seaking said. It confused the hell out of me at first... I think it was that he said "speed and strength" twice in one sentence.

... It's been a long day

rotiart
But... their skill is what gives them their speed. Guys like Rock Lee got there "power" through training. Their speed, strength and agility is based upon their fighting style... If you take away their "power" you're also saying that those fighter's skills aren't permitted.

Sea King
Originally posted by rotiart
But... their skill is what gives them their speed. Guys like Rock Lee got there "power" through training. Their speed, strength and agility is based upon their fighting style... If you take away their "power" you're also saying that those fighter's skills aren't permitted.

this was what i was trying to say in the first place but the tread starter said he dont care how they got their level of speed and strength..ect it null

complexbrother
don't try to pull that. it's perfectly clear what he means. you can stil do any fighting style and have human stats. it's like Iron Fist without the glowing fist that can crush anything. or Akuma without the island sinking demonic strength. just his skill. (which is enough to kill most people).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.