Hardest Games You've Played (merged)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
Okay guys, think and try to remember what was the most impossible video game you ever played.

Mine:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the NES.

This game was fuking impossible. All you had was basically four lives to get through 5 levels of gut wrenching hell.

CorderaMitchell
I play all of my games on hard.

old sf, on hard, was cheap crap.

timesplitters 2 on hard, was cheap. Telepathic snipers were uber cheap.

Red Superfly
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
Okay guys, think and try to remember what was the most impossible video game you ever played.

Mine:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the NES.

This game was fuking impossible. All you had was basically four lives to get through 5 levels of gut wrenching hell.

I had that game. I don't think I ever finished it until I was a bit older. Certainly no kids game.

It was utterly pointless being anyone but Donatello. His stick had a longer reach and did more damage than the others (why a Bo Staff had more power than TWO FREAKIN KATANA SWORDS is beyond me). I think it was the ultimate testament to Donatellos uber-greatness in general.

As for bastard hard games, I'd like to go with Bart vs The Space Mutants for the NES. The fourth or fifth level was set in some museum, and at the end you fought a T-Rex of some sort. If you jump at it, you die. If you run around, you'll die. I had no idea what to do and a part of me still believes I dreamt the whole surreal experience.

CorderaMitchell
And donatello's bow went THROUGH the walls.

His weapon is the weakest now, like it should be.

Morridini
Super Mario Bros 3 without skipping any levels.

General Zodiac
Devil May Cry 3 is f***ing hard.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Morridini
Super Mario Bros 3 without skipping any levels.

That wasn't so bad, but mine didn't save... sad

DarkCanadian
Tetris on the fastest speed setting.

shadow12
Super Mario Bros 3 without skipping any levels. it wasn't that hard

Morridini
Not hard? Without the ability to save the game would require hours upon hours of non-stop playing. Too hard for me.

Mainstream
Originally posted by shadow12
it wasn't that hard

yeah without those flutes I would have never beat it.

shadow12
i did it is hard but it is possible i never could beat the metroid or legend of zelda 1 & 2 for nes

§P0oONY
I think Metal Gear 2 was harder then Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

snake_eyes616
Originally posted by DarkCanadian

I AGREE!

SaTsuJiN
I heard ninja gaiden for NES was the hardest

§P0oONY
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
I heard ninja gaiden for NES was the hardest

That's bloody hard...... one of the hardest ever

but not harder then the metal gear games in my opinion... they are completely impossible

ragesRemorse
sim city

Morridini
I never managed to complete the text-based game Zork.

darth_royke
if one game needed the ability to save it was toejam and earl. loved it tho

OB1-adobe
Oh yeah:

Jurassic Park on the snes. It was way to big. It was cool though, but godamn if you played, be prepared to spend 9 hours, get lost most of the time, get killed by cheap stupid shit, and have gameover before you finished the game.

§P0oONY
I never managed to complete the text-based game Zork.

Zork is fun

Morridini
I know it's fun, but I keep getting stuck (an old Zork thread I made: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=333330&highlight=Zork)

§P0oONY
I know it's fun, but I keep getting stuck (an old Zork thread I made: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=333330&highlight=Zork)

BuMpEd

dAngEr_Is_gO!
Head Over Heels on the Commodore 64. It took me ages to unite head and heels and then I got caned. Rick Dangerous III almost reduced me to tears too, but I was a lot younger then.
Impossible Mission on the C64 was just that! I even enabled the trainer with unlimited time and the ability to walk through enemies and I still couldn't finish the bloody thing!! mad

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by DarkCanadian

That isn't bad if you work up to it. smokin'

Phoenix Aska
The most impossible game to beat is friday the 13th for the old NES.

It really is impossible to beat and anyone who says they have is lying.

systemshock2
Battletoads on NES. Especially on that one speeder level.

Linkalicious
I agree with the original poster. Ninja Turtles on NES was a tough little mother f'er.

It felt like I could never disarm all those damn bombs involving the dam.

§P0oONY
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/wayner1797/Metal%20Gear%20Solid/MetalGear2SolidSnake.jpg

Bloody impossible

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by Linkalicious
I agree with the original poster. Ninja Turtles on NES was a tough little mother f'er.

It felt like I could never disarm all those damn bombs involving the dam.

Even with game genie and partial invincibility you could still lose the game.

With that I did beat it. and of course it had the stupidest ending ever.

It was like "Hooray you beat shredder, lets go celebrate with pizza!"

the end

kmcdude
Originally posted by systemshock2

I could never get past that level!omfg it still bothers me to this day.

DID ANYONE GET PAST THIS?

I honestly think the programmers stuffed up the game so u cant get past it mad

CorderaMitchell
Battletoads is one of thecheapest games made.

Lord Follen
Fire emblem on hard....LOL

Darth Jello
the hardest game ever is Castlevania Chronicles...the original X68000 version

Darth Jello
to those who haven't played it the last four levels are nearly impossible, they are a clock tower, a tower of dolls, the dungeon, and Dracula's tower. at this point in the game, 4 hits kill you, which is why you should be delighted to encounter some wonderful enemies such as: a nude female werewolf, Demonic aborted fetuses that attack you out of jars, flying dolls that scream "RAPE!" in japanese when you try to hit them, A clone of yourself brandishing a whip made from snakes, the skeletons of children jumpin a bone rope, a spider creature featuring a human skull for a head and a giant ribcage for legs, axe knights, death, and some demon french maids who happen to know the Ninjutsu.

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by Darth Jello
to those who haven't played it the last four levels are nearly impossible, they are a clock tower, a tower of dolls, the dungeon, and Dracula's tower. at this point in the game, 4 hits kill you, which is why you should be delighted to encounter some wonderful enemies such as: a nude female werewolf, Demonic aborted fetuses that attack you out of jars, flying dolls that scream "RAPE!" in japanese when you try to hit them, A clone of yourself brandishing a whip made from snakes, the skeletons of children jumpin a bone rope, a spider creature featuring a human skull for a head and a giant ribcage for legs, axe knights, death, and some demon french maids who happen to know the Ninjutsu.

That's odd. I beat this game within a night. Of course, the hardest games I know of are:

1) Castlevania III for NES. The last level will make you kill things. And if you beat it, you can replay it again on a HARDER difficulty. After beating it twice I gave up.

2) Ninja Gaiden for NES. That last jump with the perfectly timed bat is nigh-impossible, and the boss battle afterwards requires two life bars.

3) Spiderman and the X-Men: Arcade's Revenge for SNES. I got this game when it first came out and couldn't beat it. I finally picked it back up in '98 and beat it after two weeks of playing. Meh.

jaden101
the last level of the original "driver"...those FBI cars just didn't bloody give you an inch...mental bastards they were...

Red Superfly
Oh God, don't mention Driver.

Actually, my vote now goes to Driver II. There's a simple chase mission where you chase a car (who has Jedi reflexes and invincibility of a tank) through traffic. This isn't just any normal traffic. It's around a mountain side in rush hour traffic and you are given a car that's seemingly made out of balsa wood and has all the agility and grip of a shopping trolley with a bad wheel on ice.

It is impossible. I concede. It's cheap and frustrating and I hated it. It was just a typical crappy trial and error level. Run to car, crash, restart, fly over cliff, restart, hit tiny rock and flip car, restart, hit car, restart, traffic hits you, restart, hit a fence post, restart, you catch up to the car but before you get to deal any damage he escapes, restart. It was pixel perfect gameplay in the extreme.

The timing of the traffic routes, the gaps in the road, the rocks placed on the banks, the fence positions, the indestrucability of the car in question, the bouncy physics of your own car, they all meant there was like 0.00001% margin for error. It was devoid of all fun.

Stuntman was a walk in the park comparred to this (I managed to 100% every stunt on Stuntman with relative ease and found Driver and Driver 3 relatively easy). Driver 2 f*cking sucked.

Darth_Janus
I sense angst in you, young Superfly.

CorderaMitchell
any really OLD game, for the most part.

Darth Jello
play it on the original mode, not the arrange or easy mode. or download the x68000 rom. Castlevania III was a walk in the park by comparison.

Darth_Janus
I did. And it was still easy. Still beat it.

Wolf Dog
yah ****in Ninja Gaiden was ****in hard. ive just recently beat it on my PSP by using the save slots feature. 3 ****in hard ass bosses in a row.

Wolf Dog
i was using the snes9x emulator.

Kumar
i think either Battletoads/Double Dragon or Super Empire Strikes Back are the hardest. both for SNES. i had to use cheats for BTDD and when i got to the end... THEY CALLED ME ON IT!!! that asshat little bird guy that is like the Toads leader said "well good job, you beat the dark queen but at least the dark Queen doesn't chat. try it again without the warps". I WAS SO PISSED!!

oh, and Ghostbusters 2 for the NES was hard to, lol

Hit_and_Miss
Qnything on the c64, I never completed a game, as soon as you had to press play on the tape to load the next lvl I lost. I presume I got killed by something smile.... oh and a game based on popeye.

Burner
Superman on NES the hardest game ever.

dAngEr_Is_gO!
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
Qnything on the c64, I never completed a game, as soon as you had to press play on the tape to load the next lvl I lost. I presume I got killed by something smile.... oh and a game based on popeye.

Ah, the old "press play on tape" message! Then you had to wait 10 minutes for the game to load big grin

Darth Jello
hard games due to programmer stupidity: Back to the Future, Back to the Future II and III, Marvel's X-Men, Wolverine, Wolverine: Adamantium Rage, X-Men (genesis, the first one), the entire Super Star Wars series, all the Zelda CD-i games, A Boy and his Blob, Metal Gear, this list could go on

Red Superfly
How about ET?

It's generally considerred as the worst game of all time because it's so impossible.

I tried it via a ROM, and it's impossible. You go in a pit near the beginning, and the only way out of the pit is to extend ET's neck and jump precisely within a millionth of a second of a time window. Miss the window of opportunity, and you don't play the game.

The game was refunded as soon as people played it. Apparently the company that made it recalled the lot, and dumped all the carts in the desert.

The game is impossible beyond comparison.

kier14matrix
Was that for the Atari 2600?

DarkC
FallDown on the fastest speed setting.

Burner
hard games due to programmer stupidity: Back to the Future, Back to the Future II and III, Marvel's X-Men, Wolverine, Wolverine: Adamantium Rage, X-Men (genesis, the first one), the entire Super Star Wars series, all the Zelda CD-i games, A Boy and his Blob, Metal Gear, this list could go on

Yes, I have wolverine admantium rage and I don't think I've ever gotten past the second level...or to it....i forget.

CorderaMitchell
Maximum Carnage was pretty cheap.

Hit_and_Miss
anyone ever play short circuit for the c64?? that was impossible if you started to get anywhere a man would run on and shoot you...

MrBones
FFX was the hardest because maxing out everyone and getting all the Ultimate Weapons was a *****...

kmcdude
Ninja Gaiden was hard,not impossible though

Sai1
Personally I haven't come across a game I couldn't beat without much difficulty since the NES days. flex So any answer I give will have to come form there and I know just what I'm going to choose.

Top Gun 2

I have no idea how anyone could have beat this game. I never once even got past the level 2 boss. One could argue that at that time, a flying game on NES just wouldn't be well developed enough and it was only hard becuase frankly they didn't really give you much of a chance.
(If that's not the case then I just had no clue how to play that game. laughing )
If that is the case I will say the mose challengeing game I've played sis Battletoads on NES. Some how I did manage to beat it once on maybe my 50th try or so one day. Now that was a hard game. Fun too.

eggmayo
Abadox.

Certain levels on UT2004 on Godlike difficulty, Battlefield 2 and CSmessed on any particulary leet clans server.

General Kaliero
There are a ton of SNES games that are insane in the difficulty dept.

Super R-Type, Axelay, and Out of This World come to mind instantly.

kamikz
Hmmm....

Jagged Alliance 2 was damn hard if you played it on the higher levels. If you play it on version 1.3 (with an increased difficult) it is awefully hard.....

The Hidden and Dangerous was a hard game to complete. The first level even needed damn much tactics, even at the easy difficult....

Broken Sword games.....

Those who comes to mind right now.......

Smasandian
Yeah Sai1....I had Top Gun 2 and I could barely beat the first level, let alone get to the second....

Was the second level with the trees?

Currently, hmmm hardest game, Counter Strike, ( i dont know if this counts), it was revelation to actually get 1 kill in a match when I played... I thought of having a kill ratio of 1:2 was actually good for me.hehe.

NINJ4_BL4D3
Top gun 2 isn't hard......................it just pisses you off to the point where you wanna throw something at the screen........shuriken

StinkFist462
wasnt this a thread already?

Devil May Cry. the original. i just could not beat it at all.

Ushgarak
Out of this World just needs sheer, unbreakable persistence.

Most difficult? Grand Prix Legends.

Thunder Fox
contra for ps2

Smasandian
Originally posted by NINJ4_BL4D3
Top gun 2 isn't hard......................it just pisses you off to the point where you wanna throw something at the screen........shuriken

Isnt that contridicting?

If it wasnt hard you wouldnt of thrown the controller right?

So it is hard to the point of being angry and severly annoying to the point of breaking the TV and not playing afterwords.

JToTheP
Most NES games, or Devil May Cry 3, Dante Must Die mode.

Sai1
Originally posted by Smasandian
Yeah Sai1....I had Top Gun 2 and I could barely beat the first level, let alone get to the second....

Was the second level with the trees?

Currently, hmmm hardest game, Counter Strike, ( i dont know if this counts), it was revelation to actually get 1 kill in a match when I played... I thought of having a kill ratio of 1:2 was actually good for me.hehe.

Now that you mention it... yeah it did have those annoying trees! laughing Usually I was able to make it to the boss, a helicopter. Never once beat him though.

I hadn't really considered on-line games though. The difficulty there is just based on how good your opponet is. If its a noob it's easy. If it a vet it's hard. So I was referring mostly to games that aren't on-line. Or at least just the single player aspect of them if they are on-line.

Sai1
Originally posted by NINJ4_BL4D3

Are your serious? By that do you mean you actually got somewhere in that game? How the heck did you avoid the missles cause barrel rolling didn't do squat. It worked in the two player mode but hardly ever in singleplayer. ...I think. At least not when more than one was fired at you like during boss battles. Damn helicopter...

ESB -1138
Super Mario Bros 2 for the NES or known here in the USA Super Mario Bros the Lost Level:

You have to know exactly what's coming up next just to be able to respond to it in time before you end up dead. Not to mention some levels; just to get pass them; will take many, many, many tries just to get the timing 100% right because if you were off a little you were dead. And to reach Level 9 you must go through all the levels without taking any wrap zones and that just makes it harder.

Devil May Cry 3 for the Playstation 3:

Is it me or does Devil May Cry 2 feel like one of those practice stages for Devil May Cry 3. 2 was easy as hell and 3 was hard as hell.

Kayne Archeron
Castelian on the NES - THAT GREEN SOB NEEDED SOME ATTACKS O.<
DMC3 (Dante Must Die) - ... i'm sorry, i'm not allowed that much crack or i would be able to beat this difficulty

and of course...

GHOULS'N'GHOSTS ON THE NES *gets an aneurism just thinking about it*

$noopbert
Legend of Zelda. embarrasment

Vinny Valentine
Project Gothem Racing 3 on Hardest

JToTheP
Originally posted by ESB -1138

Devil May Cry 3 for the Playstation 3:

Is it me or does Devil May Cry 2 feel like one of those practice stages for Devil May Cry 3. 2 was easy as hell and 3 was hard as hell.

No, 2 is the easiest of the three games. Capcom felt pity for the couple people who complained about the difficulty of one, and made it easy as hell. Otherwise I don't have huge problems with 2. 1 is practice for Devil May Cry 3.

white_wolfy
Originally posted by eggmayo
Abadox.

Hahahahaha, I was actually saying that out loud when I saw your post. laughing out loud

DarkC
Originally posted by white_wolfy
Hahahahaha, I was actually saying that out loud when I saw your post. laughing out loud
The video for that on GameSpot is so friggin' hilarious. laughing

"I got killed by a powerup! What garbage is this!"

eggmayo
Originally posted by DarkC
The video for that on GameSpot is so friggin' hilarious. laughing

"I got killed by a powerup! What garbage is this!"
embarrasment

I downloaded the ROM when I saw that video...

Can't even get to the big dog thing sad

LockJaw is lol
Originally posted by JToTheP
Most NES games, or Devil May Cry 3, Dante Must Die mode. (modern game list) Yeah, that and DMC 1 on Dante must die.
(Retro game list) Dragon's lair (nes) Metal gear (nes)

Sai1

LOL! A boy and his bolb! I remember that game. laughing
Wasn't hard though. Just took a little while to figure out what the tricks were.

As for the Ninja Gaidens, I beat each of them on NES the first time I played them so I can't say were hard but I'll say 1 was the hardest since you couldn't simply crawl up walls. If I recall though, 3 actually had a limitted about of continues didn't it? Don't remember.

Forgot about the first TMNT for NES. That was a hard sucker. Never could beat it. Gave up for a long time. Got back into it later and finally beat it for some unknown reason. Never touched it again. smile I'm gonna have to retract my last statement about Battletoads then becuase until I beat that game, I at least always got really far. Same can't be said for TMNT.

I just remembered something else. What was the name of that game for NES that was a side-scrolling shooter where you control a robot looking similar to something from Robotech. The special thing about the game was that at will you could reverse your gravity back and forth and walk upside down on ceilings. After you beat it you got the option to play it on hard mode. That hard mode is the same story as TMNT for me. Although like battle toads, I was at least always able to get pretty far.

Kayne Archeron
i'm surprised i'm the only person who's said Ghouls 'n' Ghosts on the NES

Tha C-Master
I still think Timesplitters 2 on hard was just ridiculous, losing half a bar with one shot, and the guys had ridiculous accuracy and you needed perfect timing, with NO saves, just a checkpoint inbetween the huge levels... just ONE checkpoint, and no health either.

Sai1
Originally posted by Kayne Archeron

I've heard more than once that it was really hard but unfortunately I've never played it. Never saw it in the arcades either.

headrek1
Sure somone has said it already, but Ninja Gaiden (the one on the XBOX, not the sega versions) kicked my ass, I sure there are more classic games that were way harder, but I didn't really hit the game scene until PSONE.

leonheartmm
metal gear solid 2 on extreme difficulty with no special items{bandana, wigs stealth etc}

alien resurrection

leonheartmm
no devil may cry 1 and 2 i finished on dante must die more than once. but the last fight against vergil in devil may cry 3 on dante must die was one of THE HARDEST challenges in gaming history.

forbidden siren is kinda hard too.

JToTheP
Originally posted by leonheartmm
no devil may cry 1 and 2 i finished on dante must die more than once. but the last fight against vergil in devil may cry 3 on dante must die was one of THE HARDEST challenges in gaming history.

forbidden siren is kinda hard too.

DMC2 is not hard at all, They don't even have Easy Automatic the game is so easy.

DMC3 DMD>DMC1 DMD>DMC3 Hard>DMC1 Hard=DMC3 Normal>DMC 2 DMD>DMC2 Hard=DMC1 Normal>DMC1 Normal>DMC2 Normal

The hardest part of DMC2 DMD is Lucia fighting the invisible fish.

JToTheP
metal gear solid 2 on extreme difficulty with no special items{bandana, wigs stealth etc}

Are you kidding me?

MGS2 Extreme is a joke, due to that huge life bar alone. If you aren't out for dogtags or anything, just pick off every guard in FPV, or kill them somehow. Solidus is the only challenge, the Rays aren't hard ever after you fight them for your first time on whatever difficulty. And the Snake shoot-out, just block while Snake kills the guards.

MGS2 Extreme is as pathetic as Twin Snakes' Extreme.

Now, European Extreme THAT is another story entirely.

yusif2k
Ninja Gaiden Black on the hardest difficulty level.

MadMel
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
I still think Timesplitters 2 on hard was just ridiculous, losing half a bar with one shot, and the guys had ridiculous accuracy and you needed perfect timing, with NO saves, just a checkpoint inbetween the huge levels... just ONE checkpoint, and no health either.
it wasnt that bad..not if you had the lightgun thingy...

IceJaw
Are you kidding me?

MGS2 Extreme is a joke, due to that huge life bar alone. If you aren't out for dogtags or anything, just pick off every guard in FPV, or kill them somehow. Solidus is the only challenge, the Rays aren't hard ever after you fight them for your first time on whatever difficulty. And the Snake shoot-out, just block while Snake kills the guards.

MGS2 Extreme is as pathetic as Twin Snakes' Extreme.

Now, European Extreme THAT is another story entirely. Yes, european extreme really is another story, but I always get stuck at the end when Solidus is suffocating Raiden and I always die there, I really need an turbo controll for my ps2 erm

JToTheP
Originally posted by IceJaw
Yes, european extreme really is another story, but I always get stuck at the end when Solidus is suffocating Raiden and I always die there, I really need an turbo controll for my ps2 erm

Just hit the controller as fast as you can. I survived with the bar down to I in Life, not very pretty.

It's as if Euro Extreme was always MEANT to be played as thorough and anally as it is. You can't compare a guard seeing you halfway across the screen with the game ENDING at being spotted.

Phazon
Battletoads on NES. Especially on that one speeder level. No thats not hard at all... Battletoads for snes is much harder

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by MadMel
it wasnt that bad..not if you had the lightgun thingy... Lightgun?

Either way it was extremely cheap and a test of trial and error.

Skeets
Originally posted by Kayne Archeron
I'm playing that on my laptop with an xbox 360 controller.
That games a little too hard.

D-Low
Ok I don't know if any of you guys remember this game, it's called Blasto for Ps1, its sooo friggin hard man. mad

InnerRise
Yeah, I believe I saw that it was just released or will be released for the DS or GBA and that's it's very hard and only longtime fans would probably tolerate the difficult and everybody else would just be too frustrated with it to play.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

El_NINO
Hardest game of all time... FESTERS QUEST for NES. messed

speiderman
Gargoyles for Nes

InnerRise
The Care Bears Magical Adventure.

By the time you got to the Cloud that would bounce on you and shoot Rainbows at you, you'd run out of Care Bear Heart Power and you'd be defenseless. I don't know how they expected you to beat it, you just couldn't.

anata wa wakarimasu ka....

dirkdirden
Hell fire and target Earth

K.Diddy

laughing out loud I never got past that level and I tried for about a year

supercrazy
ICO on ps2. totally pointless game.

juggernaut66666
Prince Of Persia Two Thrones last boss fight.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by InnerRise

By the time you got to the Cloud that would bounce on you and shoot Rainbows at you, you'd run out of Care Bear Heart Power and you'd be defenseless. I don't know how they expected you to beat it, you just couldn't.

i guess i'll stay away from that one then. I heard it was a super fun good time too.

laughing laughing thats good stuff man

Gran turismo, ninja gaiden. ghost recon2

HARDEST GAME EVER BELOW

Tekken 5 on ultra hard with the controls customized to the triangle button being the only button that has any function what-soever (turn off all other button functions), and the function is low kick. That shit is mega hard. I never could make it past the first stage. My firend and i tried to, for three hours. Seriously. We were stoned though, but it was still a good challenge

Count Makashi
Force Commander, i couldn't finished the last game of the Empire campaign-masacre at Abridon,pt. 3- i played that room for months and couldn't do it, i had to use cheats in that room.

InnerRise
Originally posted by InnerRise

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
i guess i'll stay away from that one then. I heard it was a super fun good time too.

laughing laughing thats good stuff man

Gran turismo, ninja gaiden. ghost recon2

HARDEST GAME EVER BELOW

Tekken 5 on ultra hard with the controls customized to the triangle button being the only button that has any function what-soever (turn off all other button functions), and the function is low kick. That shit is mega hard. I never could make it past the first stage. My firend and i tried to, for three hours. Seriously. We were stoned though, but it was still a good challenge

When I first saw your post, I was like "What is that? Who's posing as me."

I had no recollection of posting that at all and I still kind of don't but it's right there.

Haha. When I just read it I had to laugh a little though. But yeah. That's so not me I don't think.

Of course I never Played such a game as "The Care Bears Magical Adventure."

I could never get past the first one....."The Care Bear Cousins and the Magical Unicorn of Light."

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Emperor Ashtar
Last action hero for the SNES, God that game was hard.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
I play all of my games on hard.

old sf, on hard, was cheap crap.

timesplitters 2 on hard, was cheap. Telepathic snipers were uber cheap.

Street fighter 2:Anniversary collection, Jesus...

Ushgarak
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Prince Of Persia Two Thrones last boss fight.

Gotta take issue with this one. That fight is intensly irritating but it cannot be rated amongst one of the hardest things ever. If you can actually muster the patience to keep trying, you'll get every segment right sooner or later, and it's not as if you have to start half the game back when you fail.

ESB -1138
The hardest game I ever played was...Super Mario Bros 2 (the Lost Levels in the US). That game is hard.

chithappens
Originally posted by Janus Marius
That's odd. I beat this game within a night. Of course, the hardest games I know of are:

1) Castlevania III for NES. The last level will make you kill things. And if you beat it, you can replay it again on a HARDER difficulty. After beating it twice I gave up.

2) Ninja Gaiden for NES. That last jump with the perfectly timed bat is nigh-impossible, and the boss battle afterwards requires two life bars.

3) Spiderman and the X-Men: Arcade's Revenge for SNES. I got this game when it first came out and couldn't beat it. I finally picked it back up in '98 and beat it after two weeks of playing. Meh.

I remember than f'ing bat!!!! OMFG!!!! It was soooooooooo gay. The only way to do it was to have the fire wheel before you got there but it requires not f'ing before the next checkpoint also. I used to lost so much health because either you just fall into the pit or take a lot of licks down below.

And Spidey and Xmen, I never did beat that game. How did you defeat Rhino?

chithappens
Where the hell is Contra on NES???!?! (and no 25 lives code!)

And Master Ninja Mode of Ninja Gaiden Black (Xbox)??!? I think I nearly cried playing that damn thing. Can't past chapter 9.

Darth Jello
Almost any nintendo pirate cart, especially those put out by color dreams/wisdom tree like sunday funday/menace beach, bible adventures, and super 3d noah's ark.
Smash bros. melee can be really frustrating due to the camera movement when there are lots of opponents onscreen and cause on higher difficulties it seems like opponents are more overpowered than those on the "easy" setting of any old SNK fighter. Megaman anneversary collection is near impossible on Gamecube cause A and B are reversed with no way to change the controls, but then again, that whole compilation is a buggy, horrible disaster.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by supercrazy
ICO on ps2. totally pointless game.
1. Ico was a superb game.

2. Most, if not all, games are in a way pointless.

llagrok
hmm, there are two games I can say that I really struggled with.

1. Gunvalkyrie on Xbox
2. X-men on nintendo

Gunvalkyrie was just so incredibly boring and you had to kill every single monster on every single stage.
X-men I recall being difficult because you couldn't revive any characters when they died, that was a major hassle.

Darth Jello
you can revive dead characters by going into the danger room. and if you actually manage to beat every mission (i used the game genie on this glitchy ass game), hold A, B and Select, then press Start (i think you may need to have practice highlighted) to go to the last level.

King Nothing
Halo 2 on the hardest difficulty.

K73SK
hardest game.....

i vote for......

doom 3 on nightmare

even doom1 and 2 on nightmare are a pain in the ass on single player without cheats

Antediluvian89
Originally posted by Janus Marius

3) Spiderman and the X-Men: Arcade's Revenge for SNES. I got this game when it first came out and couldn't beat it. I finally picked it back up in '98 and beat it after two weeks of playing. Meh. Dracula X was alot harder IMO, it took me like more than a week to get past the clock tower.

Yeah the last boss of Ninja Gaiden is like... next to impossible.

The Genesis version feels a bit easier, I finished it just a week or two after starting it.

leonheartmm
alien resurrection PS1
DEVIL MAY CRY 3 {dante must die mode} i dont know of any1 whose actually beaten the last bos, vergil 3 without using cheats with unlimited devil trigger and LOTS of items. its nigh impossible to do it without cheating.
NOCTURNE{can be easy or hard, but without a walkthrough, u CAN get seriously screwed on hard mode}

ESB -1138
alien resurrection PS1
DEVIL MAY CRY 3 {dante must die mode} i dont know of any1 whose actually beaten the last bos, vergil 3 without using cheats with unlimited devil trigger and LOTS of items. its nigh impossible to do it without cheating.
NOCTURNE{can be easy or hard, but without a walkthrough, u CAN get seriously screwed on hard mode}

Ha! My friend did that without cheats or a single item...then I tried it and got pwned.

grey fox
Double Dragon

F*ckin Hard on mission 3.

Three ninja guys and TWO pumpkin heads ! Jesus christ !!!

JToTheP
alien resurrection PS1

The key with DMC games are learning the bosses' attack patterns and moves, so if you can do that you've got the first key to survival in DMD mode. The second option is using guns as long as it takes.

Has anyone used guns in Heaven or Hell mode? I never got around to beating that, do they still die in one shot?

superbatman86
The key with DMC games are learning the bosses' attack patterns and moves, so if you can do that you've got the first key to survival in DMD mode. The second option is using guns as long as it takes.

Has anyone used guns in Heaven or Hell mode? I never got around to beating that, do they still die in one shot? Yes they do kill with only one shot.You still have to take the sheilds down on the Fallen though.And your right about learning their attack patterns but if mess up even slightly your dead.Currently GodHand is destroying me.

MightyEInherjar
Originally posted by IceJaw
Dragon's lair (nes)

RIGHT F*CKING THERE.

That game was so f*cking ridiculous. It was hard just because the controls and such were f*cking horrible.

I remember getting that game, and you start on a drawbridge outside of the castle...it took me about 6 hours gameplay to finally get inside that god damn castle, then I just died as soon as I got in there.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.