Moonies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Jello
Ok, I want your guys' opinion on these people cause you really don't hear much about them in the news anymore.

The Unificaiton Church is a cult founded by a South Korean con artist and former prisoner named Sun Myun Moon. They have weird rituals involving mass marriages and default of property to Moon.
in terms of beliefs, they believe that Moon is the second coming of Christ and in general hate Communists, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, and Hindus with virulent passion. They are pro-theocracy and have been known to practice brain washing techniques involving torture. Moon is currently living in exhile after serving time for tax and corruption charges.
Now, this would all be fine and forgettable except-
Moon wields incredible power and influence over american politics both policy wise and financially. His ties are mainly, but not limited to the republican party, specifically people linked to the Nixon and Reagan cabinets.
Moon owns the Washington Times newspaper.
Moon was crowned divine king on earth in a ceremony in a federal building in 2004 by several US congressmen
Moon has especally deep ties to the Bush family, which has accepted millions in political contributions to him.
The Moonies currently have thousands of members around the world.
thoughts?

JaehSkywalker
makes me think of anti-christ... *shivers*

Deicide
i crapped in my pants a little.....>frap<

Imperial_Samura
If it's not lizard men it is moonies running the world.

Generally it seems that all a cult needs to do these days is to take a popular symbol, and imply that they have secret powers over governments. It is all so bland compared to things like the Cult of Isis and the Bacchic mysteries of ancient times.

gordomuchacho
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
If it's not lizard men it is moonies running the world.

Generally it seems that all a cult needs to do these days is to take a popular symbol, and imply that they have secret powers over governments. It is all so bland compared to things like the Cult of Isis and the Bacchic mysteries of ancient times.

I bet its simpler than that, i think if you just went door to door saying you have discovered the truth of god and he told you all this information, eventually you would get a few followers. Might be an interesting experiment if your bored. No wait i got it! A starting a cult reality tv show. 2 guys get sent out for a month to see how many members they can get in there newly developed cult and the winner with most members at the end gets 100,000 dollars. Now thats a show I would watch! Happy Dance

Alliance
Originally posted by Darth Jello
thoughts?

1. Where are you getting this info.

2. Just another crazy cult.

Nellinator
If he is guilt of corruption and tax evasion he has broken the law and proved to be of poor character. Therefore, he cannot be the Christ in any way. Wait a second... he was guilty. hmmm... definitely not the Christ and, therefore, also a liar and scumbag that will likely be punished harshly on Judgement Day.

JaehSkywalker
^ punished hardly on judgement day>> yep..

he should repent...

cking
yes! he should go public and tell all the people he has deceived what evil he has done. He should tell it like a man! not a deceiver! thumbdown

Darth Jello
Originally posted by Alliance
1. Where are you getting this info.

look em up, they aren't exactly low profile.
here's the coronation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f08clPMODw8

Alliance

Like all religions.

Deus Venèficus
Like all religions.

I don't know... I wouldn'd consider myself a member of a crazy cult.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6797/sign7bz.png

Alliance
meh...its a point of view.

There are different degrees of crazy.

Deus Venèficus
meh...its a point of view.

There are different degrees of crazy.

Hmm... well personally I'm not what you would call a devout Christian.

I don't go to Church, I don't read my Bible (in fact where is my Bible?), I listen to Godsmack, ACDC and those "pagan" bands, I am ok with homosexuality (well I find it sort of gross, but then I'm not gay), and I don't believe the Creation story is literal. In fact unless I actually told you I was a Christian you would never know the difference.

Most of my Christian relations consider me to be what is known as a "weak Christian" or a "nonpracticing Christian".

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6797/sign7bz.png

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by gordomuchacho
I bet its simpler than that, i think if you just went door to door saying you have discovered the truth of god and he told you all this information, eventually you would get a few followers. Might be an interesting experiment if your bored. No wait i got it! A starting a cult reality tv show. 2 guys get sent out for a month to see how many members they can get in there newly developed cult and the winner with most members at the end gets 100,000 dollars. Now thats a show I would watch! Happy Dance

Me and some friends joked about starting a cult back in high school. One of the girls volunteered to be our prophet, he qualifications being, in her words "the fact I'm hot" - which I couldn't argue with as she was. I actually suspect it could have worked - there really does seem to be some very basic aspects that run through most modern cults.

JaehSkywalker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.