How Jack got the Pearl (FULL STORY)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dr. Joke
Does anybody here know how Jack got the pearl in the first place (before Jones came along). I do, but would like to see if anybody else does (It does involve the East India Trading Company).

katelovespirate
yeah i got on wikipedia and was shocked and amazed by the wealth of info there.

blackpearl44
Yea.....I saw it on Wikipedia too.....you can find out anything there.....

sccch
Yeah,he didn't call it the Black Pearl.

I got the excerpt from wikipedia : 'In the fictional realm of Pirates of the Caribbean, Captain Jack's real name was Jack Smith and he was born in India on October 25. Captain Jack Sparrow commands the legendary and accursed ship named the Black Pearl. Thanks to the official Disney website and the game based on the film series, one can find that Jack Sparrow was at one point employed by the East India Trading Company. He helmed the Wicked Wench, an EITC merchant vessel, performing odd jobs for Lord Cutler Beckett. However, after refusing to transport slaves, Beckett sanctioned the torching (and sinking) of the Wicked Wench, and branded Jack Sparrow a pirate. Jack came to embrace his outlaw status and became a very successful pirate, with no desire to return to life under the command of others. Later, Jack petitioned Davy Jones to retrieve his ship that he rechristened as "The Black Pearl." From the number of his exploits and limited knowledge of his pre-pirate existence, one can assume that for the majority of his adult life, Jack devoted himself to pirating and spent relatively little time operating legitimately.'

But go here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Sparrow
they have alot of info on Jack there.

LovelyOne
wow now THATS interesting!...it shows that Jacks good streak has always been there.

Its so cool to hear about the history..do you think that its going to be mentioned in the third film?

they always reveal the secrets of the characters' past in the final film of the trilogy smile

Lady_Depp
yepp.. now tht interesting.. thts very interesting wink hehehe

katelovespirate
LovelyOne, I think we both agree on the fact that they should throw in that info int he 3rd one. give us a flashback, better yet. Jack is so hott. How could Liz not end up with him, seriously? After being so close to someone so amazing, how could she end up with average touch of destiny Will, when Jack sparrow has a handful of destiny>??

FG725
That's pretty cool. Odd to since at the begginning of POTC when the guy asks his name he ends up calling him Smith when that was his old name

LovelyOne
Originally posted by FG725
That's pretty cool. Odd to since at the begginning of POTC when the guy asks his name he ends up calling him Smith when that was his old name

OH Yeah! lol that was the first one right? where his ship sank laughing out loud

katelovespirate
I have a theory that that particular scene contains every bit of information you ever need to know about the trilogy. I am convinced the answer to the love triangle is hidden in it. Seriously. Smith, and then they made me their chief, you've never been to Singapore, Jack's brush with the EITC, one good deed leading to condemnation (jack's coming back to the pearl, only to be chained there), i saved your life, you saved mine, and then he calles her, "My lady..."

blackpearl44
^^ Yea, I agree.

YEA!! when the guards asked him his name he said "Smith......or Smithy"
yea, that was in the first one

sccch
Cool,I just realized that.

katelovespirate
yeah i like that.

no i didnt put any thought into the theory i just posted, i was just rambling whatever sounded cool. hehehe. so by all means, lets keep jones alive for at least 3/4s of the movie. he's awesome.

and ps, we need to add in a major swordfight between Jack, Liz, Will, Jones, Beckett, Jack's daddy, the Asian dude, Barbossa, Gibbs, and Tia Dalma. And then Will and Liz can have it out- that would be kinda neat...

Syren
I just saw POTC 2 yesterday and I loved it... this info is really interesting yes

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by LovelyOne
OH Yeah! lol that was the first one right? where his ship sank laughing out loud

Yes, Jack's first lines - What do you say to three schillings and we forget the name?" and the man says,"Have a good day Mr. Smith." HA

Then when the two British Navy guys are guarding the Interceptor - they ask him what's his name and he says - ah, Smith...
and they says..."What's your purpose here in Port Royal, MR. Smith" (like they don't believe that that's his real name)

katelovespirate
What made Jack go to Port Royal to begin with?
I bet that wasn't a coincidence.

Syren
Maybe because he genuinely needed a decent ship?

Kal875
Originally posted by sccch
Yeah,he didn't call it the Black Pearl.

I got the excerpt from wikipedia : 'In the fictional realm of Pirates of the Caribbean, Captain Jack's real name was Jack Smith and he was born in India on October 25. Captain Jack Sparrow commands the legendary and accursed ship named the Black Pearl. Thanks to the official Disney website and the game based on the film series, one can find that Jack Sparrow was at one point employed by the East India Trading Company. He helmed the Wicked Wench, an EITC merchant vessel, performing odd jobs for Lord Cutler Beckett. However, after refusing to transport slaves, Beckett sanctioned the torching (and sinking) of the Wicked Wench, and branded Jack Sparrow a pirate. Jack came to embrace his outlaw status and became a very successful pirate, with no desire to return to life under the command of others. Later, Jack petitioned Davy Jones to retrieve his ship that he rechristened as "The Black Pearl." From the number of his exploits and limited knowledge of his pre-pirate existence, one can assume that for the majority of his adult life, Jack devoted himself to pirating and spent relatively little time operating legitimately.'

But go here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Sparrow
they have alot of info on Jack there. Pretty Cool tidbit of info you guys have there

LovelyOne
Originally posted by katelovespirate
What made Jack go to Port Royal to begin with?
I bet that wasn't a coincidence.

Might have been tia at work with some magic...made his ship sink so it would land him at port royal laughing out loud

LovelyOne
Originally posted by katelovespirate
I have a theory that that particular scene contains every bit of information you ever need to know about the trilogy. I am convinced the answer to the love triangle is hidden in it. Seriously. Smith, and then they made me their chief, you've never been to Singapore, Jack's brush with the EITC, one good deed leading to condemnation (jack's coming back to the pearl, only to be chained there), i saved your life, you saved mine, and then he calles her, "My lady..."

OH YEAH!!..I'm gonna watch that again to see laughing out loud thats so true actually! Its like the chess game in harry potter 1..symbolized whats going to happen over the next 6 books..PotC might be doing the same thing..

That whole saving Liz..then getting chained up for it laughing out loud then "My lady" HA! Will wasnt even in the scene laughing out loud

DRAKONS
Nonsense ill tell you a secret.Dont tell it to anyone who is not in the Pirates of Caribean forums.Jack Bought it from me see

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.