Johnny Depp interview

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OxRoXyPiNkxO
Hopefully it's okay to post this, I thought some people may be interested in this if they haven't already heard about it. Tomorrow, Thurs. July 27th, Johnny Depp is going to be on David Letterman to talk about potc, it starts at 11:35pm pacific time. smile

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by OxRoXyPiNkxO
Hopefully it's okay to post this, I thought some people may be interested in this if they haven't already heard about it. Tomorrow, Thurs. July 27th, Johnny Depp is going to be on David Letterman to talk about potc, it starts at 11:35pm pacific time. smile

Thanks for reminding us - I had read this last week but forgot all about it. Have to see it.

OxRoXyPiNkxO
Your welcome

vegaofthelyre
This is awful, but I don't watch much tv.. embarrasment
What tv station is Letterman on?

OxRoXyPiNkxO
CBS

katelovespirate
would someone be so kind to post all the dirt on here for anyone who doesnt make it ???? wink wink smile big grin doctor

vegaofthelyre
Yes yes! don't worry!

LovelyOne
It will probably turn up on youtube smile

lady_captinjack
i so bored waiting for it

brokenxxheart14
i want johnny to come out noww

brokenxxheart14
hes soo hot love

katelovespirate
well that was lovely!

i really enjoy how shy and nervous he seemed.... that was super charming. wink

I love that scene they showed as the clip....

David L annoys me more than anyone else.

i sorta wish they would have let him go more in detail about the character...

AND finally, HE OWNS AN ISLAND?!??!?! SOOOOOO jealous...

vegaofthelyre
Johnny Depp is really the epitome of cool cool

If anyone else dressed the way he does, they'd look crazy, or like a homeless person. Luckily, his good genes back him up.

katelovespirates-- JD is incredibly charming.

And also, I thought I was the only one who gets annoyed by David Letterman! He's way too hyperactive; I wish he'd let Johnny just talk instead of directing and interrupting every 2 seconds.

speaking of islands, I have to say I still don't understand why Liz was trying to get OFF the island when she was marooned with Jack. You couldn't pay me money to get off that island. I would've said, "You, me, rum and this island.. forever!"big grin

Particularly enjoyed Johnny's anecdote about "vandalizing" his own billboard and getting caught by a security guard: "All right, just hurry!" hahahah!

lady_captinjack
u wont belive this ok so im watching tv last nite right, i see letterman talking making jokes aout how hot it is outside and i fall asleep!! right b4 johnny depp comes out! im am soo pissed. someone please tell me everything i missed sad

and brokenxxheart14 you are so right, he is so freakin hot!

Pirate4Life
lol i want to like, sneak up onto his private island and secretly live there!!!! LUCKYYYY!!!!
omg i know he makes me want to melt!!!!

katelovespirate
it wasnt a long interview at all, and annoying David L got in the way. Basically it went something like this:

DL made comments about jD's teeth. He asked if Disney was ever nervous about his portrayal of capn Jack, and JD responded with jokes about how Disney had made phone calls asking "Is he drunk? Are you drunk? Is he gay? Are you gay?" and said things like "You are ruining our movie!" But that things got better for him after the success of the first film.
They got on a totally irrelevent (but hilarious) tangent about the days before JD had gotten his Oscar Noms and stuff, when a huge billboard in LA had portrayed him holding a gun with the message "other kids pack lunches". JD was not too happy with that, and so commendeered a friend to help him vandalize it. A security guard showed up, noticed it was Johnny and said something like, "Just hurry."

They spent a loooong while discussing JD's island and who advised him on how to buy it, how big it is, and who lives there (just him and his family, literally) and what they do there (play on the beach, thats about it).

Thats about all i can remember. They played the clip of Liz showing up at the black pearl asking where Will is.

JD seemed nervous and shy, and irritating DL did not help matters, lol. it was a very charming little interview. JD looked really, really attractive.... still had the JS beard and teeth, but shorter hair of course, wearing some totally bizarre rockish outfit that looked great on him. But he really seems incredibly shy. I find that to be really sweet.

So yeah, thats basically all i have to say about it. smile

brokenxxheart14
thats funny that u fell sleep lol.

Pirate4Life
I know!! u fell asleep that totally sucks!!

lady_captinjack
u dont have to tell me it sux, i KNOW it sux! im soo pissed! furioushe still have the js look?? i wish i had seen it! i hope they play it again. if any of you guys find a video of the interview plz let me know

brokenxxheart14
well it was a short interview so u didnt misss much

lady_captinjack
yea but still i wish i had seen it

frau
There's a clip of it here:

http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/

Click on Big Show Highlight in the blue box. smile

lady_captinjack
thanks for the clip, but its not working for me

frau
Originally posted by lady_captinjack
thanks for the clip, but its not working for me

Maybe right click in it after it loads and play in real player? My friend wasn't getting sound until she did that.

lovethemtigers
I saw the clips from the Letterman show....Johnny is awesome and oh so gorgeous as usual...Is it just me or is like he the greatest ever...It's kind of scary how hypnotic this man can be...It's almost like you can't get enough of him. He is absolutely beautiful. I love to hear him talk, such a smooth, sultry, sexy voice...so refined for a guy from Kentucky!

When you see him outside of being Jack Sparrow, it's almost like he's this ICON - larger than life...

Also on you tube their are several Johnny tribute videos, all are great if you love Johnny...He is toxic

evilm0nki3
I saw that. oh, johnny looked very good. Funny too.

I really dont like david letterman. hes not funny. I prefer conan o brian haha

lovethemtigers
Yeah who care about Letterman......Johnny is so wonderful...He's funny, sensitive and even a little shyness about him...It's really cute the way he kept messing with his hair, tapping his hands on his leg, his smile is full of shyness...he is such a humble man for being the hottest, sexiest and most gorgeous man on Earth. Fabulous clip. Anyone who hasn't seen it needs to go take a look.....

lady_captinjack
the clip still isnt working for me

LovelyOne
It's on youtube.com now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtDYT2XfRLE - Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL1yRCOtJ9U - Part 2

lady_captinjack
thanks!

LovelyOne
welcome smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.