ken vs ryu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

x man25
in any streetfighter games would you pick ryu or ken and why

FG725
I bet this one has never been done before no expression

Kayne Archeron
the amazing thing is, it probably hasn't x-x

Ryu, even though i like Ken more

Sin I AM
Ken....those flowing blond locks and he's so damn flashy

Kayne Archeron
are we going by who would win in a fight or who we like more?

iceman13
hey,ryu wins, want to see a good thread, come down to cap vs spider man

x man25
who you whould choose to fight in a sf game

badacyborg
Ryu! I just love how he can change fighting styles in mid combat in marvel vs capcom

iceman13
caps vs spider man come down

Kayne Archeron
i like Ken... though ryu has stronger hits, Ken is more combo based, so it helps me overwhelm my opponents

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by iceman13
hey,ryu wins, want to see a good thread, come down to cap vs spider man Poor cap loses, unless its in a comic.

Tha C-Master
Anyways, its either a tie in some media, but other than that ryu wins.

badacyborg
Yeah, Ken's cool, nut Ryu is cooler

Darkstorm Zero
I'm definitely more of a Ryu player... he may not have the combos or the flaming Shoryuken, but Ryu has the stronger single hits, better hadoukens and better defences. and I love the Shin Shoryuken.

badacyborg
What about the shinkuu Hadoken?

badacyborg
Yeah, I'll say it again since noone's posting...Ryu wins

Sam Z
I think this is not about "who wins?", but about "whom would you pick?" and I would pick Ken, just like him better.

badacyborg
I would "pick" Ryu, but I must admit, using Ken livens up the game playing experience a bit, since his moves are more flashy, in a sense

shin_remy
Gameplaywise :

Ken is better then Ryu in the most sf's and vs series

i pick Ken, he is just better and i like his attitude.

storyline wise:

it's a tie, or Ken wins and then Ryu wins and so on.
they say that they are equals,

i hate Ryu and Ryu is in sf3 better then Ken. Ken didn't train much after sf2, to busy with his family while Ryu has all the time of the world to train.

sf1 equals
sfalpha equals
sf2 equals
sf3 ryu is better

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by badacyborg
What about the shinkuu Hadoken?

Strange thing is, in the games, the Shinkuu Hadouken is his weakest super art eek! laughing out loud

Tha C-Master
Not in the versus series though, they just didn't want him to be projectile happy.

But Ryu and Ken weren't equals in Alpha all the way I don't think.

Darkstorm Zero
Well, in the Marvel Vs games, it depended on how much you could mash the buttons.

Plus, the Shin Shoryuken in the vs series had huge electrical bursts, yay for elemental effects.

shin_remy
according the tier lists Ken is placed higher then Ryu in the MOST vs series

ken is better then Ryu in Alpha series but not in Alpha 3 Ryu is a top tier in this game together with Guy and Akuma

streetman
I LIKE USING RYU MORE

Superboy Prime
Gotta love how gameplay wise Ken is uber in SF3: Third Strike.

brainchild81
Originally posted by streetman
in any streetfighter games would you pick ryu or ken and why Ken, because his moves are cooler

Xplosive
Originally posted by shin_remy
Gameplaywise :

Ken is better then Ryu in the most sf's and vs series

i pick Ken, he is just better and i like his attitude.

storyline wise:

it's a tie, or Ken wins and then Ryu wins and so on.
they say that they are equals,

i hate Ryu and Ryu is in sf3 better then Ken. Ken didn't train much after sf2, to busy with his family while Ryu has all the time of the world to train.

sf1 equals
sfalpha equals
sf2 equals
sf3 ryu is better

Storyline wise:

Ken lost to Ryu in SF3 and than in a rematch in New York, where Ryu again won and without so much difficulty. Only time Ken won was in SFA and that was because Ryu was depressed, couldn't even fight clear, didn't even want to fight and Ken knew that.

Thy are not equal and Ryu potential is far greater.

shin_remy
Originally posted by Xplosive
Storyline wise:

Ken lost to Ryu in SF3 and than in a rematch in New York, where Ryu again won and without so much difficulty. Only time Ken won was in SFA and that was because Ryu was depressed, couldn't even fight clear, didn't even want to fight and Ken knew that.

Thy are not equal and Ryu potential is far greater.

No

Sf 1 : and training days, the difference were very little. They were Eqeals!!
Sf Alpha : Ken won in Sf Alpha, and yes Ryu was distracted
Sf 2 : Ken won again from Ryu, he maried Eliza after.
Sf 3 SECOND IMPACT!! : Ken won
Sf 3 Third Strike : Ryu got his rematch, Ryu won

Ryu said in sf 3 third strike that he had the more winnings of the two,

THAT IS TRUE. They had much friendly matches and Ryu IS indeed the better one of the 2. BUT let me tell you something.

Ken always holds back!!! Only in sf 2 he didn't. and they had an intensive battle. he promised Eliza to marry after he defeated him. and that happend.

but Ryu is better in sf 3 and has more Potential

smile

Xplosive
Sf 3 SECOND IMPACT!! : Ken won

That fight isn't considered as anon. He only got defeated by Oro.

but Ryu is better in sf 3 and has more Potential

Yup, greater potential and everyone realizes that, including even mighty Akuma and Oro.

And as it seems, Ken is already much behind him. Than after Ken he also defeated strong Alex, and he actully win it without much difficulty.

If they would go both all out, than it would come to huge difference in power.

shin_remy
If they would go both all out, than it would come to huge difference in power.

well not realy, because Ken gives Ryu always tough matches, how many times they fight, they have ALWAYS a hard time on each other.

it was also a quote of Ryu somewhere in sf wink

But in difference in power is true, Ken has his family to take care and doesn't train much while Ryu has al the time of the world to train.

soo yes there is difference between Ryu and Ken in sf 3 but BEFORE that it wasn't realy.

smile

SaTsuJiN
I like to pick ken cuz of his agility... ryu is good for players who land 100% of their hits due to his high damage / dizzy factor... but I usually flail around all crazy like til I get a hit in .. then sometimes I like to do duel style

brainchild81
Ditto

Xplosive
well not realy, because Ken gives Ryu always tough matches, how many times they fight, they have ALWAYS a hard time on each other.

it was also a quote of Ryu somewhere in sf wink

But in difference in power is true, Ken has his family to take care and doesn't train much while Ryu has al the time of the world to train.

soo yes there is difference between Ryu and Ken in sf 3 but BEFORE that it wasn't realy.

smile

Before it was, but not that much, but difference is that Ryu possesses naturally great power and Ken doesn't, that is difference between them. Before it was only skills and that (Ryu was still winning), now the difference in power is becoming clear.

As Akuma said, when Ryu will see his true power, all will become child's play then.
And that is why Ken can never be as Ryu can be. Ryu possesses such inner power, Ken doesn't.

The-Judge
ryu. ken has a more wild style, but ryu is more serious in his training. especially in hyper street fighter. ken trains, but only normal training, against ryus superhard training in the mountains

shin_remy
Before it was, but not that much, but difference is that Ryu possesses naturally great power and Ken doesn't, that is difference between them. Before it was only skills and that (Ryu was still winning), now the difference in power is becoming clear.

As Akuma said, when Ryu will see his true power, all will become child's play then.
And that is why Ken can never be as Ryu can be. Ryu possesses such inner power, Ken doesn't.

also true

but don't forget my friend, Ryu has all the time of the world to train while Ken has his family to take care wink smokin'

Xplosive
also true

but don't forget my friend, Ryu has all the time of the world to train while Ken has his family to take care wink smokin'

Well, Ken is family man. smile
I wonder if Ryu will someday get at least girlfriend. He is a good looking in the game and in comics.

shin_remy
Well, Ken is family man. smile
I wonder if Ryu will someday get at least girlfriend. He is a good looking in the game and in comics.

hahaha ,well he HAD a girlfriend once, but i don't know of it is really true,

and sources are saying that Chun Li is interested in him, and sakura

so who knows big grin

Phazon
Pervert no expression

laughing

Tha C-Master
Chun Li seems to like everyone...

Penelope
I liked Ken, but for some reason, Ryu always seemed to give me that extra edge. I have yet to be defeated by ANYONE when i'm Ryu.

Mesirus
i'm going with ken, because i always played as ryu and my friend played as ken, in most fighting game i can beat him 9 times out of 10, but he usually wins in that match up

newavenger13
ken sucks,ryu wins and thats it.

JacopeX
Ryu >Ken

Emperor Ashtar
It's Obvious, ryu

Blanka
i like ken cuz is fun playing him

The-Judge
ryu is the main character, end of story, ken is the sidekick

Blanka
ken is strong too in sf2 i liked him better

shin_remy
Ryu is only better then Ken AFTER SF 2!!

Gameplay wise is Ken most of the times better

but they are eternal rivals and give each other always a good fight!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.