Pre-(and post) crisis Spider-Man vs Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dreampanther
I noticed a previous thread of Spider-Man vs Wonder Woman was closed, because Spider-Man was so obviously overmatched.

The thing is, I don't know much about post-crisis Wonder Woman, but I do have a comic in my possession where (pre-crisis) Spider-Man and Wonder Woman meet, and he takes her down so fast she barely has time to blink.

Well, actually, here is what happens: He comes upon her where she is being attacked by a bunch of goons, deflecting bullets with her wrists. Spidey steps in to offer his help, but she thinks he is sent by Doom, so she attacks him as well. However, Spidey moves so fast, she is forced to comment:"I've never seen anyone move so quickly! For all my Amazon speed, I am plodding next to him!"

She tries to rope him with the lasso, but Spidey jumps up to the roof, rips out some cables and plunges the room into darkness. The next moment he taps her on the shoulder and explains to her that while she is lost in the dark, his Spidey sense lets him know exactly where he is, plus, her glowing lasso makes her a pretty obvious target.

So I would say that this encounter clearly demonstrates that in pre-crisis, Wonder Woman obviously was not way out of Spider-Man's league.

So now, can somebody tell me about the new Wonder Woman, and why Spider-Man is so obviously out-classed against her?

Soljer
Pre crisis spider-man?

The crisis was a DC thing, friend.

Accel
There's no such thing as Pre- or Post-Crisis Spidey since Marvel never had a Crisis.

Any way, the "new" Wonder Woman is in Superman's league, much more powerful than her Pre-Crisis version. That alone is why she curbstomps Spidey.

Dreampanther
Oh, sorry, I don't know much about the crisis, sorry. But my questions remains:

The comic I have proves that Spidey can beat WW. Yet the previous thread was closed because Spidey was "obviously outclassed". So what changed with her?

olympian
That was in the second Spiderman/Superman crossover. Pre crisis Superman that is.

And that bit its bad writting. A case of one character being so much popular than the other that it overrides levels.

Pre Crisis WW while not superior to him could punch Pre Crisis SM away. And her speed was showed to be faster than Mercury on ocassions. Theres no way Spiderman could be faster.

Simply Spidermans underdog aura in taking people way out of his league. Wich happens quite often.

Milkie
Originally posted by Accel
There's no such thing as Pre- or Post-Crisis Spidey since Marvel never had a Crisis.

Any way, the "new" Wonder Woman is in Superman's league, much more powerful than her Pre-Crisis version. That alone is why she curbstomps Spidey.

Edit

Dreampanther
Ah, okay, I was wondering about that - because it didn't make sense, you know? So you reckon pre-crisis Wonder Woman was actually faster than Spider-Man? Despite what the comic said?

Please understand, I am not arguing with you - it's a serious question! I have a lot of comics where I differ with the authors (that infamous Lobo vs Wolverine fight being just one of my least favourite examples of bad writing...)

So I ask, seriously - you really think Wonder Woman was actually faster than Spidey, despite what the comic said?

olympian
Originally posted by Milkie
Edit
Now get the sex scene with his girl.

olympian
Originally posted by Dreampanther
Ah, okay, I was wondering about that - because it didn't make sense, you know? So you reckon pre-crisis Wonder Woman was actually faster than Spider-Man? Despite what the comic said?

Please understand, I am not arguing with you - it's a serious question! I have a lot of comics where I differ with the authors (that infamous Lobo vs Wolverine fight being just one of my least favourite examples of bad writing...)

So I ask, seriously - you really think Wonder Woman was actually faster than Spidey, despite what the comic said?

I quite understand that it can create doubts to some who never fully read some of the characters involved, but its a given. Pre Crisis Wonder Woman fougth Superman. They punched back and forth. Her speed was showed to be faster than the God of Speed Mercury in at least one straigh contest between both.

Perhaps in the writers mind, it was just a distinction of : speedblitz versus running/flying speed. Spiderman trademark ability when figthing others is to zip fast around them to give him an advantage. The running speed is just going straigth.

But even so its quite a scretch beliving that a guy that Captain America can sometimes dodge is faster in reaction time than someone who goes faster than sound at the very least...while figthing SM.

My opinion? Bad writting based on Spiderman being more popular than her.

Dreampanther
Ok, thanks! I guess I'm gonna have to get some more WW comics, I don't really know enough about her.

olympian
When you do, like her or not i think you will come to the conclusion that what happened was just popularity stuff, i think.

Dreampanther
Schweet! thumb up

Soujaboy
Edit

I would like for this to never be posted again.

Milkie
no expression

Why

Tron
Edit

DON'T do that again.

That's your only warning from me.

Milkie
OH SORRY

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.