Cid (ff7) vs. Freya (FF9)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kayne Archeron
both very skilled spear-users, wondered what you guys thought it would come down to

NINJ4_BL4D3
Cid....cause I like him

Draco69
Freya. More skilled, she can summon dragons and her nasty "I'm invincible when I'm Jumping!" trick is a b*tch.

Plus she can go into her...er...whatisitcalledagain....overdrive mode?

Kayne Archeron
Cid also had overdrives... when could Freya summon dragons???

Draco69
Originally posted by Kayne Archeron
Cid also had overdrives... when could Freya summon dragons???

It was her last special ability.

FF9 didn't have "limit breaks" they had the ability to go "Super-Saiyan" when they get hit alot.

Kayne Archeron
it was called Trance, and the bars filled the exact same way, so Cid got his Limit Break the same way Freya got her Trance... Freya would win here mainly cuz of her jump technique

Skeets
Freya can do 9999 damage with one attack...erm

Draco69
Originally posted by Kayne Archeron
it was called Trance, and the bars filled the exact same way, so Cid got his Limit Break the same way Freya got her Trance... Freya would win here mainly cuz of her jump technique

Ah. Yes! Trance. That was it was called.

And I hated it! It filled up and got wasted on a Slime...just before the friggin Boss battle!

Kayne Archeron
Cid can do 9999 as well if you train him high enough... plus he can do that damage in 8 attacks

Skeets
Originally posted by Draco69
Ah. Yes! Trance. That was it was called.

And I hated it! It filled up and got wasted on a Slime...just before the friggin Boss battle!
Bah I would get trance more than once against the boss.Ozma was a *****....disgust

Draco69
Originally posted by Skeets
Freya can do 9999 damage with one attack...erm

Which is why I considered her better than Steiner. Steiner had higher defense. But Freya's magical defense was much higher. Steiner's Shock would also cause 9999 damage in one attack but Freya's Dragon Crest would also do 9999 damage....for a fourth of the MP price of Steiner's Shock...

Kayne Archeron
as long as you have all the status immunities, Ozma's not too bad

Skeets
Which is why I considered her better than Steiner. Steiner had higher defense. But Freya's magical defense was much higher. Steiner's Shock would also cause 9999 damage in one attack but Freya's Dragon Crest would also do 9999 damage....for a fourth of the MP price of Steiner's Shock...
I used them both...erm with Garnet as the other.

Draco69
I used them both...erm with Garnet as the other.

I used them both in the final battle. Zidane for all intents and purpose was mainly useless except for his unusually high attack....

His special abilities were useless. I used Quina more than him. Quina's Mighty Guard was damn essential in alot of battles.

Kayne Archeron
i just used the initial 4 characters: Zidane, Garnet, Vivi, and Steiner, and i never really had trouble with any of the enemies... of course, Vivi and Steiner = Doomsday Sword = good times

SpadeKing
The rat chick w00t

Draco69
Vivi was a powerful little bastard...

Eiko was useless as well. Her summons were not nearly as strong as Garnet's. Except for Madeen who would rival Ark.

I also hated using Armant. High attack...low everything else....

Kayne Archeron
Cid has better limits, but Freya's got that freakin jump move... i could've sworn Cid did too... might've been one of his limit breaks though x-x

Skeets
Zidane sucks even with the ultima weapon...erm

Kayne Archeron
Vivi was a powerful little bastard...

Eiko was useless as well. Her summons were not nearly as strong as Garnet's. Except for Madeen who would rival Ark.

I also hated using Armant. High attack...low everything else....

Amarant still had my favorite looking Trance, despite his suckiness XD

Draco69
Zidane sucks even with the ultima weapon...erm

It's sad when the optional character is better than the main one.

My final party was Quina (Support) Steiner (Attack) Freya (Attack) Garnet (Occasional Support/Summons)

Kayne Archeron
it's sad how underrated Quina is by some people

Skeets
It's sad when the optional character is better than the main one.

My final party was Quina (Support) Steiner (Attack) Freya (Attack) Garnet (Occasional Support/Summons)
You can switch Zidane? what the hell.

Draco69
You can switch Zidane? what the hell.

Oh yeah? You didn't know? I was surprised as well. Except for during integral story battles, Zidane didn't have to be in the party.

Skeets
Oh yeah? You didn't know? I was surprised as well. Except for during integral story battles, Zidane didn't have to be in the party.
What the hell...messed
compared to the other main guys he sucks major balls.

Kayne Archeron
the only thing characters in 9 were lacking were multi-hit moves... i don't mean like spreading out spells, i mean hitting a target more than once

kamikz
Just a question... How does the damage YOU yourself train them to deal matter in this case? I trained Yunda to take around 10 times that, namley 99999, but I doubt she could take near any FF character in a melee fight...

Kayne Archeron
Cid can hit more than Freya, but apparently he can't jump like Freya, even though he can...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.