Will, Bill and the Knife (Spoilers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LovelyOne
Ok. This is just a theory of mine. Based on what I see in the current film and what the director has actually said himself. My apologies if someone has already figured this out and posted about it.

Ok in this movie we are introduced to Bill Turner. We are also introduced to his KNIFE and he gives his knife to WILL his son.

I have a feeling that this knife was introduced because it is going to be very significant in the final chapter and the very fact that it was introduced by his own father is also going to be important.

I also feel that what we see with Will in this movie..will ECHO later on in the next but on a much larger scale. The scenes involving Will in the latest movie.. dragged on a tad and seem unnecessary to the story..but If you think about how it could echo something in the future..then it makes them much more significant.

SO based on the interactions Will has with his father in DMC. Three questions are raised about what he is going to do in the next.

1. Is Will going to save his father?

2. Is it going to be Bill that saves his son?

3. What important part is the knife going to play?

I personally don't think the first one is the most significant based on what we have seen with the latest movie...I think that it's going to be the second and third questions which are more important.

The director himself has said that in the next movie we are going to see how Will's love story is Mirroring Davy Jones' love story..Davy lost the love of his life, she was uncontrollable like the sea..This causes davy to cut his own heart out. In the second Movie there are more than enough hints that show this is happening to Will and Liz. 1) Liz is turning into someone very free willed and untamable. 2)Various subtle hints that Will has this overshadowing, sinister destiny similar to Davy's (Tia's Hut)

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/3760/potc211mf6.jpg
Mise en scene - Notice how Will is the only man sitting as Tia tells her story of Davy (tia seems to know what is to become of Will)..the scene heavily focuses on him

I think..the most telling moment in this movie is where Will has just seen Liz kissing Jack...later we cut to the swamp...we hear a THUD..THUD...THUD...THUD like a HEART beating...or even a clock ticking down to a climax...It cuts to reveal Will angrily pondering over what he has just seen Liz do with Jack...and what else do we see here? The KNIFE!! This is basically TEASING the audience with the question "What is Will going to do with that knife if things only get worse between the two?" the thuds echo in your mind during that scene:
Will and the knife
Will and the knife
Will and the knife

So thats a pretty strong hint right there..Will is VERY similar to Davy. Ebery time Will is in that hut..there is a horrible, gloomy and overshadowing feeling that something is going to go very wrong in the future.

But the outcome may not be so bleak... Will's father is always there for Will in this movie when he needs it the most..he saves his sons life 3 times...He does something that will hurt Will but in the end cause him LESS PAIN. The Directors made this quite clear as they showed it twice in the movie(which seemed unnecessary at the time)..and once more subconsciously.

These scenes are the whipping scene, the game of liars dice and later on where Will is hanging upsidown when the Kraken is attacking Will uses the knife that his FATHER GAVE HIM to cut himself free. So his father..in essence saved will again. It could also symbolise that will sees this knife as a way to get free from trouble, so later he might see it as a means to relieve his pain over the loss of Liz (cut his heart out)

Also just before Bill gives his son the knife he tells him "A pirate is the destiny I NEVER wanted for you" So he feels pretty strongly against his son going down a dark path in the future.

So the way I see it. Will is going to come pretty close to becoming the new captain of the flying Dutchman by cutting his heart out but his father is going to step in and take the brunt of the pain. I also feel that he will put a stop to Will/Liz because all it will do is end on a bad note for Will no matter what.

Also what interests me in the latest move..Will seems pretty pissed that his dad came and saved his life during the game of liars dice..he said "It doesn't matter if I have to stay here..what matters is the key!"

Later I think that's going to be echoed in an argument with his dad about him intervening as he's about to cut his heart out..its going to be "I don't care about staying on the Dutchman..what matters to me is LIZ!" I bet he will be thinking.."liz wants to be a pirate..I can be the captain of the flying Dutchman..the greatest pirate ever!!!" His father will probably put a stop to it. Its clear that Davy never got his sea goddess of a wife back by trying to become a sea god himself..He's going to make Will see that cutting his heart out is stupid. BUT there is going to have to be a captain of the flying Dutchman..and Its probably going to be Bill who sacrifices himself for his son and takes over.

Lizziegirl
That's an AMAZING theory! That all really seems to make sense. Granted, I'm a die-hard Will/Elizabeth fan (though it seems one of the few on this board, lol) and I'm kinda hoping they end up together, but MAN that'd make an interesting movie! Thanks for sharing yes

lovethemtigers
LovelyOne you never cease to amaze me. This is awesome insight. You know, I was kind of wondering that myself but never really pondered it much...but I thought it was an odd scene where he gives Will the knife...now that's interesting....very interesting.

LovelyOne
LOL thanks guys..I could be completely wrong here though..so feel free to rub it in my face if I am in the end laughing out loud

Also if you think about it. I don't think Will is going to ever be able to make his father human again because without the captain of the Dutchman there is no crew (they will die maybe?)..so allowing his dad to be the next Captain of the Flying Dutchman is probably the best happy ending his father can get. He's going to be free as he can be if he is captain. So in a way..Will is still going to save his daddy... That is going to be Will's strength in the future i think. To let his father go for the greater good. In my opinion its going to be about Will overcoming temptation to do the wrong thing..he is ALWAYS the good guy..and getting the chance to be the bad guy is going to be pretty tempting. I can picture him getting so frustrated at being the good guy and constantly getting screwed over by people he likes/loves that he will be tempted to put an end to it all..but his over all strength will be overcoming it.

*-=Fat sacK=-*
WOW

thats a great theroy it makes heaps of sence. You sure you havn't got inside information laughing out loud
But that theroy makes everything fall into place.
Thanks for telling us

LovelyOne
LOL thanks^^ I did film studies..so I learn to pick up on things..You have to look at every scene and see how it relates to the themes of the movie..and how it relates to every other scene in the movie AND how it MIGHT relate to scenes later on in the next installment.....Its hard work

I may be quite wrong and I'm willing to accept it laughing out loud

katelovespirate
thats all completely bogus i dont know what you were thinking.... JUST KIDDIN, LOL....
As usual that is flippin awesome. LOVE IT ALL. smile You are so clever. smile

Many many good points, i especially feel strongly about all the knife significance, which i hadnt really thought about that much- and the significance of him playing with it in the last scene.... yeah.

and exactly- the scenes with his father in this one seemed to drag, which only means they were major set ups for the next film.

this is great stuff. smile i am going to have to ponder it all for a while... smile

katelovespirate
i have a theory that will really was turning piraty at the end of the 2nd film when he suggests they go get jack. he's playing with the knife, being ominous, then suddenly he seems to make up his mind to say something.... because he has decided he needs the pearl to save his father. add this to the fact he thinks Liz wants to be with Jack, and he's like, well, we can both get what we want this way. i can save my dad and liz can run off with the pirate. its an incredibly selfish suggestion on his part- he isnt just being nice to liz.

LovelyOne
Thing is..if his story is to reflect Davy Jones then Will wanting to let Liz have Jack back wouldn't make sense..I think Will is going to try and get rid of Jack in the next one as soon as he gets him back. Him coming back is a small price he has to pay for getting the pearl back...and he's going to try and get rid of Jack IMO because Will still wants Liz..but knows Jack is the problem... So yes..thats very pirate-like of him..its going to hurt Liz for his own personal gain..

LovelyOne
Thats probably going to turn Liz off of Will even more..Its ok fo Jack to trick her because he IS a pirate and she has screwed him over more that once...She admires Jack for it too because it makes her more pirate-like..which she wants

But Will? for some reason I dont think she's going to accept it from him. She's never tricked him for personal gain and he's going to trick her..thats GOING TO HURT..so she's probably going to distance herself from him even more.

Also Jack..if what that leaked script says is true..Him turning Liz over to Seo Feng..Is this HIS way of trying to remove the temptation of liz getting closer to him?? I can almost imagine a confrontation between the two where they both realise that they are trying to get rid of eachother when they really WANT eachother..the penny may drop there..

lovethemtigers
OOOhhh Lovelone I like that thought...so sexy and full of sexual tension...both trying to get rid of each other to resist the temptation....the tension building and building and then giving in - can't wait it's going to be a great scene and hopefully, well worth the wait....

LovelyOne
I know^^ my god that would be a hot scene: "You dont care about me! you gave me away"...then the penny drops.."you gave me away BECAUSE you care about me..and you are afraid of it..... there's no need to be scared of me Jack"

and then theres Jack:

" ...you ARE a pirate Liz..and its nothing to be ashamed of..you love me..and its nothing to be ashamed of.."

laughing out loud..ok too far...but I hope thats what happens

jessigem
yeah. . . . . . . Jack would never say something like that.erm

and in the last paragraph, when you said Will was pissed off at his dad for interrupting. . . i think Will was mad because his father had just ruined Will's chance at being able to save him. Will didn't care whether he won or lost. he just needed the key because as soon as he got the key he was going to kill jones' heart so he wasn't his slave anymore. i don't think Will wants to become captain of the dutchman. he knows he'd be doomed to the same fate as jones if he did that. hopefully the only thing he stabs with his fathers knife will be jones' heart or someone evil, because if he kills himself. . . . . i swear i will be one of the most devastated people on the planet at that moment. same goes for if he decides to kill jack with the knife(but then i won't be one of the most devastated, i'll be like one of the billions of devastated people).
oh yeah, and they actually made a game of liar's dice. i saw it at the bookstore along with LIFE: PotC edition.

katelovespirate
Jack won't die. End of discussion.

Jack and Liz are the hottest thing ever. (i need to expand my vocabulary. LOL) I LOVE you guys's theory on them getting together.

I find it an incredible turn-on that jack gives liz to sao. thats so hott. i dont know why. i just got flutters in my tummy. (once again i'd like to state i am not a sadist and i dont support that) but seriously, how hott would that be. you are this confused little rich-girl turned serious out of control pirate with a lot of sexual tension, and the guy you have outrageous sexual chemistry with hands you over to some asain dude, with a cheeky grin, almost a challenge of, lets see if you can manage to get out of this. SO HOTT.

and yeah, they are both obviously trying to escape the mad chemistry and intensity of their complicated relationship/friends w/benefits/mentor and student/ rock stars of the caribbean thingy. its so obvious. please. LOL. smile that makes me so happy.
unless disney uses it as the reason why liz will go back with Will. then it wont be hott. then it will be like soggy toast.

LovelyOne
and yeh Jack would'nt say it like THAT but its clear that he is liking the fact she's fallen for him..so he would probably say it but in a more jackish way..laughing out loud

and it would still be significant.. his dad would be ruining his chances of getting liz back by stopping him cutting his heart out..

jessigem
i just don't want Will to kill himself with the knife. this is like, the ONLY movie of Orlando's that he's SUPER good-looking in(besides LOTR which doesn't count to me because he's wearing a white/blonde wig and i can't figure out why he's so hot in that movie, maybe because he's an archery expert. i really don't know)
so if he kills himself off in the 3rd movie, he might not be in the 4th movie. sigh. that would suck big time. (i need to expand my vocab too).
oh yeah, i amazed how this thread has turned into ANOTHER thing about jack/liz. and it's about will, bill and the knife. it's just so amazing it's mind blowing.

LovelyOne
he wont..his dad will save him IMO did you not read my theory? laughing out loud

jessigem
yeah i did. but they can't just keep resurrecting people from the dead(barbossa) or making us believe they're dead and then saying they're actually alive(jack) and putting them in near death situations and then having someone rescue them at the last second(jack in POTC1).
it's so nervewracking wacko but i guess it doesn't matter because in the end, the movies turn out great, right?

katelovespirate

katelovespirate
PS why cant they keep resurrecting people? Xmen did it. LOL> and yeah, basically everything in the movie relates to liz and jack, so its only natural every thread becomes that.

jessigem
it's a little annoying that every thread becomes that, to tell you the truth.
and about the resurrecting thing, i said in the end it doesn't matter because the movie is great anyways. it's just nervewracking while you're watching it.
it's like "oh no don't die" "don't worry i'm not dead, i'm just floating in the belly of a beastie"

^^[leane]
wow its been so much time i havnt been here... + i havnt seen the 2 yet (its not out in france) so i dont get a thin of wut u guys r sayin

katelovespirate
Originally posted by jessigem
it's a little annoying that every thread becomes that, to tell you the truth.
and about the resurrecting thing, i said in the end it doesn't matter because the movie is great anyways. it's just nervewracking while you're watching it.
it's like "oh no don't die" "don't worry i'm not dead, i'm just floating in the belly of a beastie"

totally nervewracking. like, bite your hands off nervewracking. LOL.

check out my tribute to pintel and ragetti. i gaurantee that thread isnt about liz andjack. LOL.

LovelyOne
Originally posted by jessigem
yeah i did. but they can't just keep resurrecting people from the dead(barbossa) or making us believe they're dead and then saying they're actually alive(jack) and putting them in near death situations and then having someone rescue them at the last second(jack in POTC1).
it's so nervewracking wacko but i guess it doesn't matter because in the end, the movies turn out great, right?

Bill doing that wont mean he dies..he will be the new captin of the Flying dutchman...which is probably going to be the best freedom he can get. Yhe movie didn't explain it too well but I think, once the heart is stabbed then the crew dissapears too.

Bill wont exactly be a baddie if he is the new captain..Davy Jones is just a bitter old man who lost his love..

And katelovespirate..I totally agree with you..

LovelyOne
and if you see a thread where people are talking about Jack/Liz then you dont have to read it..stop making us feel bad about liking the idea of Jack/Liz.. no one really cares enough about Will/Liz being together to make a thread about it them..so whats wrong with talking about what we like? sad

choosewisely
the theory sounds cool, but there ar soooo many theorys like this and i think if you really want to you can see a lot of things as a hint.
i wouldn't like it if this became the story of 3...

Originally posted by ^^
wow its been so much time i havnt been here... + i havnt seen the 2 yet (its not out in france) so i dont get a thin of wut u guys r sayin

Hey!! smile how are ya?

^^[leane]
gd gd i feel like an old woman coming back to the house she lived when she was young (if u no wut i mean lol)
gd 2 see u

choosewisely
lol

LovelyOne
Originally posted by choosewisely
the theory sounds cool, but there ar soooo many theorys like this and i think if you really want to you can see a lot of things as a hint.
i wouldn't like it if this became the story of 3...

Hey!! smile how are ya?

It's not just a theory based on nothing..Its based on things that seem irrelevant to the second film..but if they take place in the 3rd on a bigger scale then it will make them more significant..It seems as if the Director is heading for a Will/Davy thing even if you like it or not laughing out loud As he has said so himself..

I think its a pretty cool direction to go if they do decide to do it..it seems pretty solid that thy are heading in that direction..It's going to be so dark for Disney..people are going to remember them for it..The third in the trilogy is always the darkest and most bizzare...

jessigem
good point(about the 3rd in trilogies being dark and bizzarr), i never really thought about it, but it's true.

lovelyone: sorry, i'm not trying to make anyone feel bad about the liz/jack thing. i mean c'mon, i know i'm outnumbered on this thing. EVERYONE (with a few exceptions) love that matchup and loves to talk about it. i was just saying i was surprised to see a WHOLE LIST of things about the jack/liz thing and why they shouldn't pair up on this thread about will, bill and the knife. and i don't read them. look in any of the jack/liz threads and i'm pretty sure you won't see any of my posts, because i havn't been in them. but i think in one of them i might have a post. . . . i'm not entirely sure.

LovelyOne
LOl ok sorry. I think I misread what you were trying to say smile

And thinking about it..I dont think that Disney are going to make it so their characters end the legend of Davy Jones and the flying Dutchman..so Bill taking the place as captain would be a better way to Kill jones but not kill the legend..

Maybe Davy will find his true love and try to make Will take his place so he can leave but daddy steps in..

there's so many crazy possibilities laughing out loud

vegaofthelyre
You know, I read somewhere that Jack gives Lizzie over to the Chinese pirate dude and Will's like, What the heck!! Why did you do that??

And Jack reveals that tactically, they needed to give Lizzie over but that he gave her over because he was already KNEW she could handle herself and would eventually escape or seomthing like that..HMMMMMM

??? i dunno where we're all getting these spoilers hhaha

LovelyOne
Originally posted by vegaofthelyre
You know, I read somewhere that Jack gives Lizzie over to the Chinese pirate dude and Will's like, What the heck!! Why did you do that??

And Jack reveals that tactically, they needed to give Lizzie over but that he gave her over because he was already KNEW she could handle herself and would eventually escape or seomthing like that..HMMMMMM

??? i dunno where we're all getting these spoilers hhaha

LOL yeh I heard about that. I think thats his way of getting rid of the his temptation..(that he might be in love with Liz) laughing out loud Just like Liz got rid of hers at the end of movie 2

If not..I'm sure Liz will get over it..she HAS screwed him over twice now..its about time he got her back a little bit he he..I dont think he's angry with her at all..

katelovespirate
thats so hott. smile i've already posted my feelings about that spoiler, hehehe.

gosh seriously, its impossible to go spoiler free. i just dont want to know who liz ends up with before i see the movie. id rather suffer through it and bite my hands off. smile

evilm0nki3
This has absolutely nothing to do with this post but everything to do with Jack Sparrow.

I was walking in a store today. I had my jack sparrow shirt on. I walked pass this kid and he looked at me, and started pointing and yelling, "Look it's jack sparrow. JACK SPARROW JACK SPARROW!" He kept yelling and babbling about Jack Sparrow and pointing at me as I walked away. It was hilarious. My mom was somewhere else in the store and she said she heard a kid yelling jack sparrow but she didn't know why. then in another store a girl asked me where I got my shirt at. Funny day. laughing out loud

choosewisely
Originally posted by LovelyOne
It's not just a theory based on nothing..Its based on things that seem irrelevant to the second film..but if they take place in the 3rd on a bigger scale then it will make them more significant..It seems as if the Director is heading for a Will/Davy thing even if you like it or not laughing out loud As he has said so himself..

I think its a pretty cool direction to go if they do decide to do it..it seems pretty solid that thy are heading in that direction..It's going to be so dark for Disney..people are going to remember them for it..The third in the trilogy is always the darkest and most bizzare...
i didn't say it was based on nothing, but there are many.
but would you like it if will turns evill and doesn't shave his tentacle beard....

LovelyOne
Originally posted by choosewisely
i didn't say it was based on nothing, but there are many.
but would you like it if will turns evill and doesn't shave his tentacle beard....

LOL I would like to see will break the mould of his character a little bit and ALMOST become evil..but then end up doing the right thing. It's about time his character showed us a bit more of a bad side..He's just boring at the moment..

katelovespirate
yeah i think WIll is going to cross some lines in order to become more interesting, mysterious, questionable, something.

i dont think he will end evil. but i think it will all come extremely close and it will build up to some intense final moment. (cough saving kiss for end... whether it is jack or will)

i think Will is in for a tough journey. but i dont see him with tentacles. there was so much suffering going along with he and his father aboard the dutchman in the 2nd one, that things are certain to end at a helm for the 3rd.

katelovespirate
PS i have a jack shirt as well, LOl, but i only wear it to the beach

LovelyOne
Yes..Its going to be his dad who pulls him back I'm sure of it..NOT LIZ..IMO the whole thing about his dad saving his sons life 3 times in the latest one is so it will make sense when he does it in the last one...

In my opinion. She's going to choose Jack over him..thats whats going to make him try and do something crazy in the first place, he's going to see that Liz is falling for Jack in the next one otherwise he's not going to go over the edge which would make all the Will/Davy, dad, knife hints in the latest one irelevent.....

If she did go back with him then that would mean she goes back for sympathy of for fear of what he might do if she doesn't and not for real love... the ending kiss would be meaningless if it was with Will ....is that an interesting way to end it?? NO

jessigem
ugh if Will gets tentacles i'm going to freak out.

LovelyOne
lol "oi fish face" laughing out loud

katelovespirate
did i ever mention i really like the title of this thread? very poetic. smile

bill was sorta annoying to me, except when he started laughing with the line "what more can they do to me?" i just despise the passive father figure, and he was pretty whiny and very passive. he hardly did anything the whole movie. he tried to jump in and be a good dad, but it was all too little, too late. poor guy. i feel bad for him but i still think he is rather annoying. i hope that changes in the next one. i hope we get to see him without barnacles growing out his face. that was so irritating i was like, rip em off!!!!!!!!

LovelyOne
Originally posted by katelovespirate
did i ever mention i really like the title of this thread? very poetic. smile

bill was sorta annoying to me, except when he started laughing with the line "what more can they do to me?" i just despise the passive father figure, and he was pretty whiny and very passive. he hardly did anything the whole movie. he tried to jump in and be a good dad, but it was all too little, too late. poor guy. i feel bad for him but i still think he is rather annoying. i hope that changes in the next one. i hope we get to see him without barnacles growing out his face. that was so irritating i was like, rip em off!!!!!!!!

Thats robably going to be Bill's triumph in the next..he's going to save his son and its going to be dead on time and when he TRULY needs it..

and yeh..took me a while to think of a decent short title for the thread laughing out loud

katelovespirate
random theory late at night:

(after reading about the short clip of trailer where Will throws Liz's arms off him)

Maybe Liz will die doing something heroic to try and prove her love to WIll out of desperation, like save his dad or something, and then Jack will make a bargain with Tia to bring Liz back.... that would be kinda hott.

Yeah Will's dad is going to have to do something cool in the next one... like attend the pirate council! smile

jessigem
awwww. that would be so sweet of him. happy
but i think if Liz dies because of Will, Will will feel bad about it and try to save her himself. i don't think he could stand to have the death of somebody on his hands. let alone his former lover.

katelovespirate
this is also true. lol. smile maybe thats what will cause will to cut his heart out. hehehe just kiddin. yeah Will would try to save her.... whether or not he would be successful is doubtful...

jessigem
have some faith in the lad!! he's more of a pirate than ever now. and the more piratey he gets, the better he is at doing piratey things. even though i don't think that saving a lover is a piratey thing to do. . . . . but you get my point, right?

katelovespirate
oh yeah.

Will is pretty hott when he puts the dagger in his mouth.

jessigem
Will is pretty hot when he does anything!!drooliodroolio
but i have to say, he looks better with his hair tied back.

jessigem
and this one too.

LovelyOne
In my opinion, Orlando is skinny and weak looking .Sure he's damn fine looking in the face... but he has no muscle on him.

jessigem
*sigh* i don't care. as long as he's not fat. and he still looks good in the loose white pirate shirt. happy

katelovespirate
oh geee EVERYONE looks better in pirate clothing...

but yeah, Will is pretty skinny. especially in the 1st one. he has beefed up a bit since then. but still, he has a while to go before he will look piraty.

I swoon for Jack. smile

katelovespirate
have i mentioned lately that i like this thread? good on ya, lovelyone. smile

Will has a hero complex. Because he had the passive father, he grew up being the man of the house. He lost his mother at a young age, so its no wonder he imprints/ falls for, the next female he sees (Elizabeth)... Now when guys dont have strong father-figures in their lives, they tend to do one of two things. They either have real problems relating to other guys and get along best with girls, or they try to go for the opposite from what they say their father as--- by ALWAYS being in charge, ALWAYS doing the rescuing, planning, saving, etc.
Thats essentially what Will has been--- as we see at the beginning of 1, where he is an expert swordsman, a bit of a hothead, but extremely awkward around Elizabeth. However, once he falls in with pirates, he realizes he CANT always be the hero because there is so much he doesnt understand about piracy and the world in general. No wonder there is so much Jack/Will tension. Plus Will has all this bitterness built up against pirates, since his father saw piracy as more important/worthwhile than his family.
The fact that Will makes the oath to daddy signifies that he still really resents what his father did. In a way, Will is trying to prove something to himself and the world: he is not like his father, and he has the ability to control his life better. (since he missed the usual little boy phase of trying to impress dad, this is it.)
Psychologically, if you get into Maslow's hierarchy of needs, WIll has achieved quite a bit by the beginning of 2 (girl of his dreams, probably a higher standing in the community, etc), and so its only natural that he pursue an achievement beyond the realm of what he has, an achievement that seems impossible (rescuing his dad from mythic bondage).
The main problem here is that where Bill has nothing to lose, WIll has EVERYTHING to lose by going after this...

LovelyOne
Good points^^^ katelovespirate..smile you are so right about Bill not having anything to lose He says to Will "what more can they do to me" in the latest one..he will probably say something similar in the next one when he decided to take the place instead of Will..

and jessigem.. Orlando has a stunning face..he has amazing bone structure..he's one of the beautiful people who doesn't have a bad angle..So I think he is FINE but he's just not...........chunky enough for me..maybe he should build up some muscles too to go along wit that DAMN FINE FACE of his.

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/6928/cadenet3lu6.jpg

I have to say that as he has got older..he has more of a sexy maturity about him ..he can pull off the beard and long hair really well

katelovespirate
yeah orlando has good facial structure... lol. i prefer the more muscular type myself... wink

jessigem
i don't like him w/ the mohawk.
i think he doesn't look right w/o the little moustache and long hair. maybe because w/ the mohawk he looks young AND wimpy. at least the moustache makes him look older and more manly(instead of boyish)

katelovespirate
he looked pretty good in the final scene of 2... when he was mad at liz. he looked a bit beefed up there.

LovelyOne
His back was really sexy whip

katelovespirate
yeah it was!!!! does he like, shave his back or something?! LOL

LovelyOne
He might have laughing out loud..or waxed it..sick

katelovespirate
its like, ripped. and tan. and really good looking.

well, everyone looks better wet.

LovelyOne
Originally posted by katelovespirate
its like, ripped. and tan. and really good looking.

well, everyone looks better wet.

am I the only person turned on by Orlando getting whipped? laughing out loud everyone else is like nooooosad and I'm like DAMN!

katelovespirate
NOOO!!!! i get SOOOO turned on by that. i keep posting about it, protesting that I am NOT a sadist....

but i find it INCREDIBLY hott and sexy when he gets whipped. dont know why. LOL>

wow we are strange. hehehe

LovelyOne
I just pretend that its me whipping him big grin laughing out loud

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbyepNqmbEc

what cracks me up is how Davy J looks weirdly turned on in all his octopus glory sick

katelovespirate
Yeah he does. He IS a sadist. LOL. probably a Masochist as well, cutting his heart out and all...

thats hott.

LovelyOne
LOL i agree^^

and DAMN IT IS HOT...

katelovespirate
i especially love the way they rip Will's shirt off and restrain him. thats so hott.

it takes a really special person to look that hott while in pain...

allofyousuckkk
i dont know if this has been addressed, but how does Barbossa fit into the picture?

katelovespirate
um... you mean how does he fit with the hott sexy pirates? or how does he fit into the PLOT?

cause he's going to save Jack and the pearl.... he's really just after the pearl, but he's going ot end up saving Jack.

other than that, who knows! smile

LovelyOne
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
i dont know if this has been addressed, but how does Barbossa fit into the picture?

I have a feeling he's going to be pissing the hell out of Jack..and if he was resurected by Tia and Tias is secretly working fot the EITC..using barbossa might help them do what they want to Jack.

Also he might try it on with LIz and JAck will get all defensive laughing out loud

katelovespirate
NOOOOOO Tia isnt working for the EITC?!?!! Dont suggest such an awful thing!!!! that would be TERRIBLE!!!!!!!

I just really like Tia. i think she is really cool. ANd she is EVERYTHING the EITC is against. I really dont think she would work for them. really really. she is WAYYYYYY too cool and dangerous for that.

Yeah i bet he will try it on with Liz... HAHAHAHA. Oh Jack. Oh LIz. thats soooooo hott. hehehehe.

Yeah i foresee a TON of witty Jack/Barbossa banter... they are soo clever and funny in the 1st one---- very similar characters actually, Jack's just hott and has a moral centre. LOL.
Once again, I have to say I love the idea of Barbossa saving Jack.

LovelyOne
I think she is working for them and she is also trying to make the Will Davy thing come about quickly....she made them want to go to Tortuga where Jack would find Liz and Norrington. Norrington is the reason why the EITC gained the heart..Her Jar of dirt is what made Norrington find the heart. If Jack didnt have that jar of dirt then Jack would have still had the heart by the end of the movie.

Bringing Liz and Jack together makes Will separate from her. Tia persuades Will to go in search of the Dutchman..leading him to be separated from Liz even more so then JAck/Liz can develop. She knows that Jack wants Liz in that scene too.

Beckett also seems to know about the whole "fate intervening the wedding" thing..which all leads back to Tia when you think about it.

LovelyOne
I cant imagine why she would want Will to end up like Davy...

UNLESS its because once Davy can walk on land again his time as captain of the flying Dutchman will have ended. Which is BAD NEWS for the EITC isn't it?

She seems to know that Liz/Wills relationship is potentially similar to Davy/Calypso so she seizes the chance to MAKE IT HAPPEN so that Will will be able to take Davy's place as captain and ensure more years of the Dutchman's loyal service to the EITC.

She knows what Jack wants Liz. She knows that Liz wants to be free and like a pirate before she even meets her,...She knows that if she separates Will/Liz then something will develop between Jack and Liz..which would make Will end up like Davy. So she MAKES that happen by making Will interested in the dutchman and Davy then he gets stuck on there whilst Liz flirts away with Jack in the meantime. She knows that once Will is separated from Jack, Jack would head to Tortuga where he find Norrington(a way to get heart to EITC) and Liz (means to make Will like Davy in the future)

believe me..She's behind everything IMO..she's made out to be this crazy lady who you wouldn't expect to be a major threat..but she is.

katelovespirate
no i definately think she is a threat, i dont think she is crazy, and i think potentially she is behind a lot of stuff--- but i draw the line at her being involved with the EITC> I think she is a good guy, in the end, like Jack. I mean, the premise of 3 is basically the pirates against the EITC, right? IMO, Tia is a pirate. Harsh, untamable, obsessed with the sea--- that screams pirate, not big business. LOL. But thats just my opinion.

I know she has to have some selfish ulterior motives... my guess is, IF she WAS Jones' lover, she wants him back finally. After years (or perhaps centuries) of being wild and untamable, she's probably come around to see what a good thing she lost. So her final act, IMO, will be something along the lines of removing the threat of Jones by getting together with him, finally. Maybe we will get to see Tia as she really is--- with sea life growing on her too--- calypso like, or whatever. ANyhow, that would basically put the dutchman to rest, and the kraken under Tia's power, and she could use it to destroy the EITC... or something along those lines.
I think she will be the "last word" character if you know what i mean-- when everything else seems to be failing, she'll suddenly appear in all her power to save the pirates.
Also consider- the EITC supports the slave trade, Tia Cant support that! i dont think thats her type of people.

But i could be dead wrong on all of this. We still have the natives' hut with all the EITC products to consider... though i would more aptly contribute that to Beckett than anyone else.

LovelyOne
Fair points^^

But Tia isnt a pirate she is a magical voodoo lady who can see into the future and knows what people really want..

The jar of dirt. I still think that was given to Jack so that Norrington would stumble across it and then give the heart to the EITC. If thats not the case then the jar of dirt would have been pointless to the story..the EITC wouldn't have even got their hands on it had she never given that Jar of dirt to jack. They also wouldnt have even got the heart had JAck not gone to Tortuga (after seeing Tia) to pick up Norrington.

LovelyOne
That might have been her and Becketts deal..She gets Davy back as a certainty if the EITC gain the heart. They have possesion of it which means it's in safe hands and cant be destroyed by Jack or Will. So Davy wont die before he can go back to her.. The EITC in turn get a new captain of the flying dutchman from her: Will. She makes that destiny happen for them so they can continue to controll the waters in the future... Davy's time as captin is pretty numbered because he will be able to walk on land again soon

katelovespirate
in 2 Davy mentions he cant go back on land for nigh on 10 years... meaning he had just recently been on land... no wonder Tia had ink all over her face.

LovelyOne
so its only once every 10 years he can walk on land? u sure that its not actually only 10 years left before he walks on land for good?

LovelyOne
Also t Tia may not be in her natural form ..the voodoo lady could all be a disguise hiding who she really is..Calypso. So she could have still made that deal with Beckett..

here are some thing that make me think she and beckett have spoken and are prompting along a Jack/Liz relationship so that a Will/Davy thing can happen

1. Beckett knows about the magical compass..which we later learn Tia gave to Jack. So she has all the info on it..and Beckett suddenly does too when we meet him.

2. He says to liz that the wedding being stopped might be "FATE INTEVENING" hint hint he stopped the wedding so that this Will/Davy fate could happen.

3. He hints to her that she likes Jack (prompting along the relationship)

4. The man working for Beckett...was he REALLY there at the beginning to grab Liz and put her back in the cell..or was he there to make SURE she didn't end up where her FATHER was planning for her to go(away from Will and Jack). I say this because later..he sees her in Tortuga and does NOTHING to stop her going off with Jack..He goes back to Beckett and tells him that she has gone with him..letting Becket know that everything is going to plan maybe?..if not why not grab her right there in Tortuga?

katelovespirate
yeah absolutely. i feel strongly about that. hehehehe. smile i really thought she was cool.

remember that time you said tia had been "chewing on an ink cartridge" hahahahahaha. good stuff.

so about will and bill... i CANNOT WAIT to see bill team up with Jack's dad to go find the two of them. then it will be like, the amazing foursome. wow. its going to be sweet.

LovelyOne
hey did you read my suspicious points about a Beckett/Tia connection..I edited my post above^^

also I agree with you. I cant wait to see what happens with Bill and Jacks dad who's called Captain grant (the sea sponge) Sparrow according to the script laughing out loud eek!

and yeh..she had ink in her teeth for a reason..obviously been snogging Mr Octopus..there was a great emphasis on her teeth when she spoke as if you were meant to be drawn to the fact she had that all around her mouth.

katelovespirate
yes exactly... and there would be NO other possible reason for giving her outrageous inky teeth. LOL.

i cant believe it took us so long to think that out. hehehe. i feel dumb.

maybe we will get to see them kiss in the next one. it would probably be pretty interesting, seeing her work her way around all those little tentacle things... LOL

jdl1224
Originally posted by LovelyOne
Also t Tia may not be in her natural form ..the voodoo lady could all be a disguise hiding who she really is..Calypso. So she could have still made that deal with Beckett..

here are some thing that make me think she and beckett have spoken and are prompting along a Jack/Liz relationship so that a Will/Davy thing can happen

1. Beckett knows about the magical compass..which we later learn Tia gave to Jack. So she has all the info on it..and Beckett suddenly does too when we meet him.

2. He says to liz that the wedding being stopped might be "FATE INTEVENING" hint hint he stopped the wedding so that this Will/Davy fate could happen.

3. He hints to her that she likes Jack (prompting along the relationship)

4. The man working for Beckett...was he REALLY there at the beginning to grab Liz and put her back in the cell..or was he there to make SURE she didn't end up where her FATHER was planning for her to go(away from Will and Jack). I say this because later..he sees her in Tortuga and does NOTHING to stop her going off with Jack..He goes back to Beckett and tells him that she has gone with him..letting Becket know that everything is going to plan maybe?..if not why not grab her right there in Tortuga?

dang it you LovelyOne. you and I REALLY think with the same kind of brains! lol. i was reading this whole thread (or the parts i hadnt already read) and a little light bulb clicked on in my head about the compass and the fate thing and everything. and i figured id finish reading the thread then post. and whats the next post i read? YOU WITH EVERY POINT I HAD! its amazing, just amazing. haha. but you know what. just to make myself feel smart... here we go. smile

I think that Tia IS in fact working with EITC because how would Beckett know what his compass did and that he even had it in the first place? He also seemed to know about the 'fate' things and such- so its obvious Tia could have told him. She may be putting on an act for everyone so she can trick them. I'm with LovelyOne on this. We both starting blaming Tia for everything around the same time.

Okay, I'm done. smile haha. of course your wording is much much better. But- what can you do? lol. But you and katelovespirates have good points about the inky teeth/mouth. that WAS really emphasized. although, a tad gross- still a good point. now i'm in a thinking mood again.

this movie just never stops, does it!?

IS IT FREAKING MAY YET!? UGHHHHH. mad

katelovespirate
YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!! smile i love this thread. everyone is so darn clever. smile

LovelyOne and jdl1224, you both have very good points about Tia and the EITC... it makes a lot of sense.
I'm going to stick to my guns and say Tia isn't working with them, just for the fun of it... i can see it being the way you describe it, hahaha.... smile but anyways i'm going to stay on the other side of the argument, just to make it interesting... LOL

I think Beckett knew Jack had the compass from way before, when Jack was working for Beckett. Its going to be wayyyyy interesting to see Jack and Beckett interact in the next one (if we do)... because i bet Jack loathes Beckett more than anyone else on earth.
Liz should have shot beckett. that woulda made Jack sooooo happy.

I think when Beckett is talking to Liz and assuming she has fallen for Jack (which i think she has anyway) he might be speaking of what he knows of Jack-- which is, women fall for him easily. Perhaps Jack stole some of Becketts lovers back in the day. Or perhaps Becket;s ability to love.. hehehehe.

so here are some questions I have about TIA:

why does she live in the middle of nowhere, over water?

are the people around her hut real, or are they her secret mystical army, or what? they all seem to really love Jack...

why would Tia leave that locket laying about her hut? She obviously wanted them all to see it.

Is Tia surprised to see Jack? If she had recently been snogging Jones, would he have mentioned that Jack would be popping by with a black spot?

Would Jones have asked Tia to send Jack to him? Would Tia have done it?

Does Jack know about Tia and Jones? If so, why does he trust her sooo much???

LovelyOne
She may have left it there for the AUDIENCE to see it..I didn't notice ANY of the characters acknowledge it laughing out loud

She's over water cuz she be calypso me thinks..goddess of the sea.

I don't think she has a deal with Davy..I think that Day doesn't know sh is calypso yet. Otherwise he wouldn't still be all heart broken and bitter if he knew he had his true love back.

-----------------------------------------------
Back to my whole..Will doing something stupid thing..I think Jack said it best in PotC1:

"I'm dishonest. A dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. It's the HONEST ones you need to watch out for. You can NEVER predict when they are going to do something incredibly STUPID"

HINT WILL HINT you gotta watch out for the HONEST character..he's going to do something REALLY bad and stupid in movie 3.

katelovespirate
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo thats a really clever point. well done you! smile that line--- so much significance. its so true! smile

i hope Will does something extremely outrageous. it would make me like him tons better.

jdl1224
"I'm going to stick to my guns and say Tia isn't working with them, just for the fun of it... i can see it being the way you describe it, hahaha.... but anyways i'm going to stay on the other side of the argument, just to make it interesting... LOL"

haha, that made me laugh. smile

"Is Tia surprised to see Jack? If she had recently been snogging Jones, would he have mentioned that Jack would be popping by with a black spot? "

I was thinking that too actually. When you think about it Davy could have gone to Tia (not knowing it was his lover- if she was) and she helped him and he told her about Jack. Maybe she does still want Davy and is trying to save him (lovelyone) and so helping Davy get rid of Jack.

LovelyOne and I agreed that she's trying to make the Liz/Jack thing happen a lot sooner. The kiss at the end caused Jack his 'life' (again, still not convinced he's dead) and the kraken to get him, why? To be sent to Davy.

This all makes sense to me when I read it and type it- and when you really think about it we are all nuts! haha. Think about whats actually IN and movie and all the theries weve made up an developed lol. But in all reality- we're so cool. smile haha.

LovelyOne
Originally posted by jdl1224

LovelyOne and I agreed that she's trying to make the Liz/Jack thing happen a lot sooner. The kiss at the end caused Jack his 'life' (again, still not convinced he's dead) and the kraken to get him, why? To be sent to Davy.

Yeah. I think that the feelings between Jack/Liz were always bound to come out but Tia's involvement is shaping those feelings to fit her desires. It makes perfect sense of the interrupted Kiss smile and the ring being very visible when happened you have good observation..that completely flew oer my head.

Halting the Kiss meant that it was saved for Will to see later..and it also leads to a climax where Jack/Liz characters become VERY close to one another..Liz became something more important to Jack after she did that to him at the end which was probably Tia's intent..If she can make Jack realise he has feelings for her then the love thing can continue into the next movie. And that last scene clearly showed us that Jack was completely in awe of Liz(something that wouldnt have een there had they kissed earlier)..To Tia that ending ensured a longer lasting relationship between Jack/Liz..which means Will is going to lose out..which is what she wants..she also knows she can bring Jack back so thats why she allowed that ending to happen too. The fact that she had Barbossa's corpse there LONG before anything happens PROVES to us that she KNEW jack was going to die..so maybe she was the one who planned it? If not..why the heck did she not say anything to Jack at the time..IMO she is behind everything that we see happen. Magic cant force people to love one another so Jack/Liz feelings were most probably real for eachother...Tia just uses them to her advantage.
hope that makes sense^^ laughing out loud

katelovespirate
i think jack also knew he might be pushing his limits this time around and he also knew Tia could bring him back.

what does Tia charge for a resurrection? i mean, WHY did she resurrect Barbossa? did they know each other as well? Or who paid her to fix him? lol

LovelyOne
In my opinion she did that because she is planning to kill off Jack and bring him back..only Barbossa is strong enough to get Jack back so she plans ahead and digs up his corpse long before the events unfold in movie 2.

She knew about/ planned Jack's death..but says nothing to him..she wants him to die at the hands of Liz because that means Liz/Jack become closer which means Will becomes more separate from Liz. and then the will/Davy thing can happen..I think she wants the will davy thing to happen.

katelovespirate
wait, im confused. why does Tia want Will to go Davy? smile

LovelyOne
to keep him out of the picture whilst Jack/Liz develop..so the Wil/Davy destiny can happen..just a guess though laughing out loud The kiss seems to be saved by Tia(ring/black spot) until Will is able to see it.

katelovespirate
HAHAHAHA sorry im having a stupid day...

why does Tia want Liz and Jack to get together again? (other than the fact that its just plain hott)

LovelyOne
To make the Will/Davy thing come about..she wants that to happen in my opinion so that she can get davy back for good..she can make Will the next captain of the Dutchman. So that means Davy can then be free..she can have her lover back for good..if she really is calypso.

katelovespirate
ok got it. wink

jdl1224
2 random things. I don't really have a point to make at the moment...

1. what is IMO?? that has confused me ever since i joined this forum.

and 2. i just thought this was intresting. on imdb.com i read that the kiss because liz and jack was cut out of orlando's script so that the look on his face when he sees them kiss would be real. i thought that was kindda intresting, so i thought i would share. smile

LovelyOne
that is interesting^^and sneaky of Disney..that tells us that its a very important moment for the character of Will if they are trying to get as real a reaction as possible from Orlando. Its going to be a big theme in the next movie for sure.

and IMO means In My Opinion smile

jdl1224
why thankyou. smile how embarrasing i couldnt figure that out! embarrasment

LovelyOne
Oh dont worry..I didn't have a clue either until a few weeks ago laughing out loud

katelovespirate
Originally posted by jdl1224
2 random things. I don't really have a point to make at the moment...

1. what is IMO?? that has confused me ever since i joined this forum.

and 2. i just thought this was intresting. on imdb.com i read that the kiss because liz and jack was cut out of orlando's script so that the look on his face when he sees them kiss would be real. i thought that was kindda intresting, so i thought i would share. smile

thats AMAZING>.. oh my goodness thats awesome. WOW... I love that so much. HEHEHE. oh geee.... well yeah, the look on his face is really interesting... its not quite what you would expect... hehehe. its hott.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.