The book

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dexx
I'm not much of a EU knower, in fact i haven't even read a damn book 'bout it. So i went down at the library and grabbed this thinggie here:.......aaaaaa....*grabs book* Darth Maul, shadow hunter.
Any mof ya know it? Is it any good?

yerssot
have it, not bad
doesn't really show Maul as main one, though

Dexx
i don't care. At least i get to know more 'bout Maul

yerssot
well, it's not that you get a whole bio, but it's better than crystal star or rogue planet

Dexx
never herd of 'em. Anyway, nice to see it's not bad

yerssot
well, just don't read crystal star or rogue planet!

Dexx
ok...
*grabs pen'n'paper*

yerssot
laptop is better

Dexx
naah. I already have a 200 pages list entitled " WHAT BOOKS I MUST NOT READ" so....it's easier than writtin' it on the laptop

Dexx
i'm halfaway in it. It's not bad. Only the action happens before ep. 1. Do i have to make connection between it and the book? Here, in the book the jedi encounter the sith. Don't they get the chance to tell the council? Cause in ep. 1 none of em knew. Anyway, maybe i'll find this out later in the book.

yerssot
you'll find out later... or now if you nag

Dexx
k, i'll wait and read about it

Julie
Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter was a decent book, but it is not a "must read" ....it is interesting to have the "bad guy" be the "hero" of the story. Also the book provides a good prequel to EpI. The plot is alright, but I suppose it could have been better...but hey that can be said about a lot of things

Captain REX
I like it when bad guys get the spotlight for once. Usually they are just there to be blown away. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Julie
smile true....but shouldn't evil always be vanquished in the end?????

Yes I do understand what you mean....it's a nice change for the "bad guy" to be the protagonist for once wink

yerssot
helps if you really like maul

Dexx
i do, i do...and i like it a lot that things end up ok for Maul.
Too bad he dies sad

yerssot
only in your mind, my young padawan learner

Dexx
padawan, me? smokin'

yerssot
on the forum

Dexx
no way, i reject that degree....

Julie
hmmmm....I can't say that darth Maul is or was or ever will be my favorite character....

Dexx
well, i like him and yoda....dunno wich best yet. MAul's an Xtremly well assembled character. And he's evil enough....even for my tastes... evil face

Dexx
ok, finished the book. Not bad at all. I couldn't imagine a better ending for it. My kinda book. The good guys die evil face

Julie
sad poor good guys......

Dexx
Bwah! weak minded!

Julie
You shouldn't say such things it makes you seem evil

Dexx
i am! Mwahahahahaa evil face evil face

Julie
laughing out loud I laugh in the face of evil....especially in you......I can feel the good in you Dexx...let go of your hatred wink

Dexx
damn...i have some good left in me? well....i can't be perfect

Julie
hmmmm.....dexx it's good to have goals and all....but this obsession with evil,....really now roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dexx
well....star wars did this to me...*starts crying*

Corran
Hey, that's no way for an evil lord to behave.

Dexx
i have a few good spasms in me too.......trying to dish 'em

Julie
see i told you there was some good in you....now back to the book.....

Dexx
i finished it long time ago. And then i took episode I. I said it was a good opportunity bbecause i never got to read it. And considering that i know most of dialogues by heart the fake distorsion of the dialogues in the book was kinda...not nice. So i just read the saber scenes and the duel...

Julie
hmm can't say that I've ever done that to a book....I always read cover to cover....not the publishing info but all the other stuff too....including the dedication and author's notes embarrasment

yerssot
I have the book in Dutch and in English, and the english one had an E-book with it

Julie
umm I thought e-books were only online confused

yerssot
yup, but they included this one in it too

Julie
Ohhh I think I know what your talking about....I heard about that. I bought the book too early to get the e-book too sad

Dexx
it exhausting to read a book at a monitor

Fire
well I read the entire art of war
and mein kamps from my computer screen, it ain't that easy but it's ok

Dexx
i tried silmarillion. But afte the first 2 days of reading the same paragraph 10 time..i got over it

Julie
I've only read excerpts from a computer screen....never a whole story

Dexx
yup..big articles at most

Julie
I find it more satisfying to be turning a page than scrolling down

Dexx
depends on how lazy u are....it say 70% here big grin

Julie
confused umm you lost me there

Dexx
it's quite simple. I'm 70% lazy. Nothin' to it

Julie
I see...well is that a good thing or a bad thing? Do you like being so lazy or not??

Dexx
i'm to lazy to process those matters big grin

Julie
roll eyes (sarcastic) a very likely excuse......moving on....

Dexx
yes..no more sw books for now

Corran
When is the next NJO book out?

yerssot
october first

Corran
Thanks.

Julie
Have any of you read the excerpt for Destiny's Way????? It's on the back of traitor....The book is 400 some odd pages long and I just hope it's as good as SBS

yerssot
no, I'm trying to keep the timeline

Julie
????timeline...what timeline?

Dexx
book cronology perhaps...time order

yerssot
that book of Michael C, guy who wrote Jurassic Parc

Julie
Criton?...Critin...somehting like that

yerssot
pronounced in Dutch it's crichton but it's not that
(that's why I wrote C big grin )

Julie
good move

Dexx
i'm planning on buying some books before i leave here....what do ya suggest?

yerssot
SW books

Dexx
yeah..i know...but be more speciffic.

yerssot
a good SW book

Dexx
seriously....
should i get the NJO series...

yerssot
depends,
I started with Rebirth, reading SBS now, you can start with one of those to follow, not sure about others

Dexx
do the njos eries have an order or u just grab what ya can. I think i saw about 12 -13 books of the njo...not sure

yerssot
it has a chronology, julie posted it here a few weeks ago

Dexx
yeah, found it..i'll print it...

yerssot
though SBS is quite a big book to read... but it's a great one

Dexx
what's sbs...

yerssot
an abreviation

Dexx
of...

yerssot
a word

Dexx
wich is spelled

yerssot
W-O-R-D

Dexx
ok..fine ....

yerssot
glad I could help

Julie
roll eyes (sarcastic) sbs is the lazy person's way to refer to a wonderful New Jedi Order book called Star By Star

Dexx
ahaaa...k....'ll be lookin' for it.

Julie
good, it's about 606 pages long...it shouldn't be that hard to spot wink

Dexx
i like big books...keep ya worm

Julie
huh...you'll have to clarify that statement. I do agree though that a good long book is aq wonderful thing.

yerssot
it does get irritating when you know it will take months to finish! sad

Dexx
and then i don't move my ass of the chair until i've read 400 pages....i finish it in 2 days big grin

Julie
Yea I'm more like dexx, but I have more work to do and less time to read...plus I read slow so it takes me a while to read 400 pages

Dexx
untill 4-5 moths ago, they were almost forcing me to read something. When lotr came out i wanted the books and i couldn't stop reading....no more homeworks for a time..mwahahaha wink They i grabbed another 4 volume set: Musashi.....great book. The hobbit.....and i've read 6 - 7 more books this summer. I'm saving silmarillion for my 9 hour escale at prague sad

Julie
huh confused I don't get the last part

Dexx
wish i didn't either. I'm gonna wait 9 hours in an airoport for my plane. MUST READ

Julie
Oh my goodness...that is a long time...poor thing...I hope you brought lots and lots of books with you

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.