Colossus vs. Emma Frost

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Metalmanx
Standard forum rules. No prep. In the unactivated Danger Room.

Colossus vs. Emma Frost (diamond form only, no telepathy). Fight is either to KO or death.

Who wins?

xmarksthespot
Neither. Neither performs ordinary bodily functions when in organic ____ form, both are impervious to one another. erm

Metalmanx
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Neither. Neither performs ordinary bodily functions when in organic ____ form, both are impervious to one another. erm

I must disagree with this. While Emma is not exactly a natural diamond, Colossus could easily crush and destroy diamonds. I don't see anything at all stopping him from doing the same to her.

She, on the other hand, couldn't damage him at all.

DarkCrawler
This has been done before...that sure was funny thread. There was some fanatic feminist Emma Frost fangirl (I believe it was a girl) who said that frost was WAY more durable then Colossus, that diamonds were the strongest substances in the universe, and that even Superman could not crush diamonds in his hands.

Find it, I'm sure you would have a good laugh. laughing out loud

Metalmanx
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
This has been done before...that sure was funny thread. There was some fanatic feminist Emma Frost fangirl (I believe it was a girl) who said that frost was WAY more durable then Colossus, that diamonds were the strongest substances in the universe, and that even Superman could not crush diamonds in his hands.

Can't find it at all. Just did a big search on both Emma and then Colossus. Is it named something weird?

jrodslam
Originally posted by Metalmanx
I must disagree with this. While Emma is not exactly a natural diamond, Colossus could easily crush and destroy diamonds. I don't see anything at all stopping him from doing the same to her.

She, on the other hand, couldn't damage him at all.

Any proof of Colossus being able to crush and destroy diamons? I wouldnt doubt that hed be able to hit off pieces of a flawed one, but to crush a perfect diamond is something i doubt he can do. I can be swayed via evidence.big grin

DarkCrawler
Couldn't find it either for some reason...

Anyway, Colossus wins this. He's faster, FAR stronger, more experienced hand to hand fighter, and most likely more durable. I mean, he punches through titanium...he would probably shatter Frost after some time.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by jrodslam
Any proof of Colossus being able to crush and destroy diamons? I woujldnt doubt that hed be able to hit pieces of a flwed one, but to crush a perfect diamond is something i doubt he can do. Id can be swayed via evidence.big grin

Has Hulk, Juggernaut, or Superman crushed diamonds before? Even if they haven't, would you doubt that they could? Same deal here, dude. Colossus is easily, EASILY strong enough to crush/crumble/break/shatter even the most flawless diamond.

Tshern
Couldn't find it either for some reason...

Anyway, Colossus wins this. He's faster, FAR stronger, more experienced hand to hand fighter, and most likely more durable. I mean, he punches through titanium...he would probably shatter Frost after some time.

You're forgetting the greatest asset that any superho/heroin can have. Usually it's better with heroins...

xmarksthespot

She, on the other hand, couldn't damage him at all. That's sort of like saying while Colossus is not exactly ordinary steel steel can be crushed in a car accident and there's nothing to stop a car from doing the same to him.. messed

That being said he'd win regardless.

Accel
Can't find it at all. Just did a big search on both Emma and then Colossus. Is it named something weird?
Search engine just sucks now. It's hard to find any thing any more.

Metalmanx
That's sort of like saying while Colossus is not exactly ordinary steel steel can be crushed in a car accident and there's nothing to stop a car from doing the same to him.. messed

That being said he'd win regardless.

I don't follow. Colossus is far more durable and stronger than any steel. Emma is more durable than any natural diamond. I was giving her props there.

Colossus, however, can still destroy diamonds with his well-known strength.

DarkCrawler
Whereas Colossus has been shown to be far durable then any other steel, where it has been shown that Emma is more durable then other diamonds?

xmarksthespot
I don't follow. Colossus is far more durable and stronger than any steel. Emma is more durable than any natural diamond. I was giving her props there.

Colossus, however, can still destroy diamonds with his well-known strength. It made sense in my head before not so much now though, I recall a logical fallacy but not the name of it. Need sleep.

More I'm looking at it, the more this thread just seems spitish in response to the Luke Cage one... erm

Metalmanx
It made sense in my head before not so much now though, I recall a logical fallacy but not the name of it. Need sleep.

More I'm looking at it, the more this thread just seems spitish in response to the Luke Cage one... erm

Honestly, not so much spitish. It was just an idea after Colossus was mentioned in the other thread. I meant it in no way to be spite, especially since apparently there is some belief that is very powerful in her diamond form. I wanted to see how powerful.

xmarksthespot
Honestly, not so much spitish. It was just an idea after Colossus was mentioned in the other thread.Lucky for you... I was about to make the counter-spite thread. Emma Frost vs Colossus. No stipulations. big grin
I meant it in no way to be spite, especially since apparently there is some belief that is very powerful in her diamond form. I wanted to see how powerful. There are very few people for Emma Frost to fight on the vs though. She's a telepath. Telepaths on the forums either mindrape or get speedblitzed.

In diamond form people much weaker than Luke Cage stand no real chance against her, and those much stronger she stands no real chance against.

HisMajestyAC43
i believe it was ultimate colossus who was stated to be able to flatten diamonds between his fingers, it was during one of his fights, and jean grey reminded him of it to boost his confidence?

but normal colossus i would still say has the strength advantage... and because i don't think that emma frost is going to be doing much to him, it becomes a "when will emma crack" fight.

ExodusCloak
In diamond form people much weaker than Luke Cage stand no real chance against her, and those much stronger she stands no real chance against.

That's true, as I said in the other thread, a person who could provide enough force to rip out the electrons from her unique diamond form and shatter her ie Colossus, Superman...but Luke Cage is another story...

BTW I was thinking for a counter for the speedblitz thing...say a telepath Xavier got speedblitzed by Quicksilver who had an Adamantium Glove...Xavier died but his consciousness still lingers like Emma's, can he use his ability to possess and evict Pietros mind from his body after this event? Emma has taken over icemans body like this...so could Xavier do the same?

What If...
Why did you set her up aganst him without her main defense/offsensive skills then....regardless it is a lame fight of who can take/dish out hits....and obviously colossus wins.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by What If...
Why did you set her up aganst him without her main defense/offsensive skills then....regardless it is a lame fight of who can take/dish out hits....and obviously colossus wins.

Apparently not when some people think that she is durable enough to withstand Colossus's blows.

What If...
She doesn't have the strength of colossus,

So it's

Durabilty vs durabilty
super strength vs. above averge strength

ExodusCloak
Is this the thread everyones talking about?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=321826&highlight=Colossus+vs+Emma+Frost+forumid%3A77

pr1983

I remember that thread... yeah, t'was funny... and colossus wins...

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by pr1983
I remember that thread... yeah, t'was funny... and colossus wins...

I just read right through that entire thread, and even though I agree that Colossus should win this...I would still like to point out a few things regarding that 4th last post in that thread.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamond

Look under toughness, a diamond can be broken because of it's macroscopic geometry. Because of it's tetrahedral structure real Diamonds have pressure points which allow this to occur...Emma isn't a real diamond, Emma is a perfectly smooth flawless diamond...which means no pressure points. (Further proof of this is during the Danger Saga, Danger has access to every weapon known to man, which includes a drill made of any material that comes to mind. She had Emma by the head and she played on Emma's fear of being shattered. However during their second confrontation once every other X-Man was knocked out she resorted to blackmail instead of killing Emma right there and then while she did not hestitate to eliminate Colossus, Cyclops, Kitty, Beast and Wolverine. Also note that Danger is no idiot, she also knows all of the X-Mens strengths and weaknesses)

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/3410/05streetsamuraidcp14gd1.th.jpg

But here where's my brain got wrecked...there is no such thing as a diamond without pressure points because it wouldn't be a diamond if it didn't have pressure points...and since this is a comic and I'm suppose to believe this organic diamond is diamond and perfectly smooth then Cutting/Crushing/Chipping etc Emma via human methods isn't going to work.

On a side note Emma can be tossed around like a rag doll because her mass remains the same.

Just wanted to clear that up...Colossus should still take this if he can create enough force with his punches to disturb her perfect molecular structure. ie Superman should be able to shatter her because his punches create so much force that it should distrupt and change the electron configuration of the Carbon in her organic diamond.

BTW Just noticed that Danger is in the same league as Colossus strength and durability wise...

Whittdawg92

Find it, I'm sure you would have a good laugh. laughing out loud laughing I remember, i was in it to. good times, good times.

pr1983
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
I just read right through that entire thread, and even though I agree that Colossus should win this...I would still like to point out a few things regarding that 4th last post in that thread.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamond

Look under toughness, a diamond can be broken because of it's macroscopic geometry. Because of it's tetrahedral structure real Diamonds have pressure points which allow this to occur...Emma isn't a real diamond, Emma is a perfectly smooth flawless diamond...which means no pressure points. (Further proof of this is during the Danger Saga, Danger has access to every weapon known to man, which includes a drill made of any material that comes to mind. She had Emma by the head and she played on Emma's fear of being shattered. However during their second confrontation once every other X-Man was knocked out she resorted to blackmail instead of killing Emma right there and then while she did not hestitate to eliminate Colossus, Cyclops, Kitty, Beast and Wolverine. Also note that Danger is no idiot, she also knows all of the X-Mens strengths and weaknesses)

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/3410/05streetsamuraidcp14gd1.th.jpg

But here where's my brain got wrecked...there is no such thing as a diamond without pressure points because it wouldn't be a diamond if it didn't have pressure points...and since this is a comic and I'm suppose to believe this organic diamond is diamond and perfectly smooth then Cutting/Crushing/Chipping etc Emma via human methods isn't going to work.

On a side note Emma can be tossed around like a rag doll because her mass remains the same.

Just wanted to clear that up...Colossus should still take this if he can create enough force with his punches to disturb her perfect molecular structure. ie Superman should be able to shatter her because his punches create so much force that it should distrupt and change the electron configuration of the Carbon in her organic diamond.

BTW Just noticed that Danger is in the same league as Colossus strength and durability wise...

all good points... but yeah, that thread.. the good ol days... *gets all misty eyed*

ExodusCloak
all good points... but yeah, that thread.. the good ol days... *gets all misty eyed*

I feel like an idiot for reading that entire thread...where did that whole "throw him in the ocean" idea come from confused

Tha C-Master
Is this the thread everyones talking about?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=321826&highlight=Colossus+vs+Emma+Frost+forumid%3A77 Swearing each other out in Chinese? God that's hot.

pr1983
I feel like an idiot for reading that entire thread...where did that whole "throw him in the ocean" idea come from confused

i have no idea lol...

Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Swearing each other out in Chinese? God that's hot.

damn straight it is...

Tha C-Master
i have no idea lol...

damn straight it is... I still can't believe you're 30. eek!

Whittdawg92
lmao

pr1983
I still can't believe you're 30. eek!

stick out tongue 23

and yeah, a woman speaking in an oriental language is hot... either when she's angry or when she's in another mood i can't talk about on this board... stick out tongue

Tha C-Master
stick out tongue 23

and yeah, a woman speaking in an oriental language is hot... either when she's angry or when she's in another mood i can't talk about on this board... stick out tongue What mood, teach us "senior" citi- I mean member... whistle

pr1983
What mood, teach us "senior" citi- I mean member... whistle

big grin

well, it invloves much nakedness and flexibility... wink

What If...
I read the whole thing too....i just couldnt stop

Tha C-Master
big grin

well, it invloves much nakedness and flexibility... wink You mean like going to the doctors?

pr1983
Originally posted by What If...
I read the whole thing too....i just couldnt stop

Good eh...

You mean like going to the doctors?

laughing

well, sometimes, make believe can be fun... stick out tongue

Whittdawg92
wow this is gettin unconfortable.

Tha C-Master
Good eh...

laughing

well, sometimes, make believe can be fun... stick out tongue I don't understand Sir Elder Member, I thought the Doctor's wasn't fun. What makes it so fun in this case?

pr1983
Originally posted by Whittdawg92
wow this is gettin unconfortable.

A bit yeah... big grin

I don't understand Sir Elder Member, I thought the Doctor's wasn't fun. What makes it so fun in this case?

The physical exam... stick out tongue

Tha C-Master
A bit yeah... big grin

The physical exam... stick out tongue

I always thought that hurt... what makes it so special with Oriental women?

Whittdawg92
Colossus wins.

pr1983
I always thought that hurt... what makes it so special with Oriental women?

lol... tell you what, when i get back online later i'll pm ya and tell ya...

Tha C-Master
sad I'm always left out.

pr1983
sad I'm always left out.

Thats because my private time with any beautiful woman is exactly that... mine... stick out tongue i aint sharin... stick out tongue

And Colossus wins...

Tha C-Master
I want some private time!

pr1983
I want some private time!

You can have as much as you like... just don't have it anywhere close to me... stick out tongue

Tha C-Master
I still don't get it...

pr1983
I still don't get it...

doh

psy_blade
Colossus. He can't be shattered, only dented. And i thing Colossus is strong enough to break diamonds.

StiltmanFTW
Colossus easily.

pinksushi1
Bump.

I question whose durability is superior.

snoopdogg
Emma I guess.

pinksushi1
Which of the two is it harder to cut through?

KingD19
Colossus wins on both accounts. Despite what Danger said, Emma has a shatterpoint, and a diamond bullet can, and I believe has shattered her before. A diamond bullet to Colossus is like a regular bullet.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by KingD19
Colossus wins on both accounts. Despite what Danger said, Emma has a shatterpoint, and a diamond bullet can, and I believe has shattered her before. A diamond bullet to Colossus is like a regular bullet.

I don't believe the durability part. Omega Red could pierce beneath his skin plus he's been knocked out in steel form. Emma's diamond form allowed her to survive the attack on Genosha. Both revert back to human form when vibranium touches their skin so that's moot. Emma has less mass so she'll be thrown around more but that doesn't mean she's less durable.

Plus Emma's Diamond Form trumps Dakens claws. (All 3 of them) shifty

jrodslam
I don't believe the durability part. Omega Red could pierce beneath his skin plus he's been knocked out in steel form.

I sure if Red applied the death factor and tried the same on Emma, hed get the same results.

the ninjak
It's not a matter of who can dent or crack the other.
When Colossus grabs Emma by the wrists and spins them around her back.
Puts his foot on her back and pulls her arms together ......sooner or later one of those arms are going to crack.

snoopdogg
I sure if Red applied the death factor and tried the same on Emma, hed get the same results. I'm beggining to think that's the reason Red was able to poke his fingers into Colossus' metal body.

IEmma isn't a real diamond, Emma is a perfectly smooth flawless diamond...which means no pressure points.

She has a flaw, it's how she was shattered. He probably would not know how to find it though and IIRC it's microscopic.

KingD19
Yeah, somehow the DF was turning Colossus human under the armor, even though he's fully metal.

ExodusCloak
I sure if Red applied the death factor and tried the same on Emma, hed get the same results.

Doubtful, Bishops nanites took out Colossus but not Emma because of her Diamond physiology.

snoopdogg
According to the handbooks Colossus has a higher melting point than Emma does.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by snoopdogg
According to the handbooks Colossus has a higher melting point than Emma does.

I haven't checked. Genosha got nuked, the radiation levels were of the charts so whatever her melting point is it's still pretty impressive. Besides there's this:

Emma Frost -Diamond Physiology

Bishop unleashes a nanite virus that knocks out all the X-Men including an armoured Colossus. Emma's Diamond Physiology however prevents this.

Cable #9
(4th December 2008)
Writer: Duane Swierczynski Artist: Ariel Olivetti

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/2273/cable020.th.jpghttp://img136.imageshack.us/img136/84/cable023.th.jpghttp://img5.imageshack.us/img5/4631/cable024.th.jpg

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/1622/cable003.th.jpghttp://img19.imageshack.us/img19/5660/cable004.th.jpghttp://img266.imageshack.us/img266/9240/cable008q.th.jpghttp://img17.imageshack.us/img17/2267/cable009.th.jpg
BTW what are Colossus's and Emma's melting point in the handbook? I'm too lazy to go and check the respect threads for those bios.

jrodslam
I'm beggining to think that's the reason Red was able to poke his fingers into Colossus' metal body.

It is.

-Pr-
I haven't checked. Genosha got nuked, the radiation levels were of the charts so whatever her melting point is it's still pretty impressive. Besides there's this:

Emma Frost -Diamond Physiology

Bishop unleashes a nanite virus that knocks out all the X-Men including an armoured Colossus. Emma's Diamond Physiology however prevents this.

Cable #9
(4th December 2008)
Writer: Duane Swierczynski Artist: Ariel Olivetti

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/2273/cable020.th.jpghttp://img136.imageshack.us/img136/84/cable023.th.jpghttp://img5.imageshack.us/img5/4631/cable024.th.jpg

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/1622/cable003.th.jpghttp://img19.imageshack.us/img19/5660/cable004.th.jpghttp://img266.imageshack.us/img266/9240/cable008q.th.jpghttp://img17.imageshack.us/img17/2267/cable009.th.jpg
BTW what are Colossus's and Emma's melting point in the handbook? I'm too lazy to go and check the respect threads for those bios.

tbh, that's dumb as hell.

Colossus-Big C
colossus melting point is 9000degrees
in theory if it gets hotter he would begin to melt

KingD19
He's been heated past 9000 degrees before I'm pretty sure.

And those scans were dumb, Colossus who is fully metal gets incapacited, yet Emma who is fully diamond doesn't. And then somehow Bishop's energy blast makes Emma turn back human, and after all that...Beast is the first one up.

ExodusCloak

And those scans were dumb, Colossus who is fully metal gets incapacited, yet Emma who is fully diamond doesn't. And then somehow Bishop's energy blast makes Emma turn back human, and after all that...Beast is the first one up.

It's quite simple, Colossus physiology is different to Emma's. We've seen him bleed out "energy" (Uncanny X-Men #211). The nanites were designed to knock out machines and f*ck with the human nervous system. So his body either mimics a human nervous system or is similar to a machine, and I doubt the latter because Kitty would screw him up quite bad if that was true. Emma's diamond body on the other hand really serves no other purpose other then to house her in.

As for Emma being turned back to human, well it looks like he blasted her backward and then attacked her with arm tentacles and while this was happening she changed back to human form to attack him telepathically but ended up getting throttled.

Nope, the nanites were only supposed to last 5 minutes, Beast was shown to be up first because he was knocked out in that very room where Emma confronted Bishop.

snoopdogg

And those scans were dumb, Colossus who is fully metal gets incapacited, yet Emma who is fully diamond doesn't. And then somehow Bishop's energy blast makes Emma turn back human, and after all that...Beast is the first one up. I agree. The writer seems to have made a mistake there.

ExodusCloak
I agree. The writer seems to have made a mistake there.

If that was the case Colossus wouldn't get knocked out by gas in metal form.

snoopdogg
If that was the case Colossus wouldn't get knocked out by gas in metal form. Colossus don't breathe in metal form which he's stated numerous times. I've also seen issues stating his body don't have a hearbeat or show any other vitals. He's even stated he can't cry in metal form once.

ExodusCloak
Colossus don't breathe in metal form which he's stated numerous times. I've also seen issues stating his body don't have a hearbeat or show any other vitals. He's even stated he can't cry in metal form once.

According to Astonishing X-Men #5 that's how they knocked him out when they wanted to cut at him.

KingD19
Even though he's done things like carry the blackbird on his back to shore after it's sunk pretty far out in the ocean.

In reality, he doesn't breath, but they alter small things to fit the story. Like when he fought Red, he isn't a metal shell with human skin underneath, he's fully metal.

snoopdogg
According to Astonishing X-Men #5 that's how they knocked him out when they wanted to cut at him. Yea, but he could have been very well human form when they did that.

-Pr-
According to Astonishing X-Men #5 that's how they knocked him out when they wanted to cut at him.

I disagree. he said the gas came every few days. i honestly don't think he was in his metal form permanently.

and i dont believe emma is more durable, tbh.

ExodusCloak
Yea, but he could have been very well human form when they did that.

Except he was banging against the door in metal form. You're telling me that he's that dumb that he never thought to stay in metal form if that were true?

snoopdogg
Except he was banging against the door in metal form. You're telling me that he's that dumb that he never thought to stay in metal form if that were true? No, I'm saying he could have been in human form when they gassed him.

juggernaut74
Colossus stomps in a fight and in durability.

KingD19
Ord created a cure for the Legacy Virus, whose to say he didn't come up with a specialized gas that forced Colossus back to his human form, while at the same time knocking him out?

snoopdogg
Ord created a cure for the Legacy Virus, whose to say he didn't come up with a specialized gas that forced Colossus back to his human form, while at the same time knocking him out? I'm guessing like PR said Colossus wasn't in metal form the while couple years he was dead. They most likely waited till he reverted human then gassed him.

juggernaut74
I'm guessing like PR said Colossus wasn't in metal form the while couple years he was dead. They most likely waited till he reverted human then gassed him. Makes sense as pointed out Colossus don't breathe in metal form.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.