Is Tia behind EVERYTHING?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LovelyOne
The only reason Jack went to her was because his magical compass that SHE GAVE HIM wasn't telling him where to go. was she making it fool around?

(with credit to Jdl1224 for spotting this):
Then he picks up the ring with a black spot on it..which may have been what caused the black spot to appear before Jack almost kissed LIZ(its clear he is wearing it there)..If so Tia obviously wanted to stop that kiss...but why? Was it to make Liz's feelings/denial for Jack build up to a climax so that she would become so threatened by the temptation of being with him that she would CHAIN HIM UP to get rid of him ? I'm pretty sure if that kiss HAD happened in the curiosity scene then the ending wouldn't have been like it was.

The Jar of dirt..leads Norrington to find the heart...also causes Jack to fall down the stairs..suspicious and random bad luck.

Also she meets Will..gives him an interest in the flying Dutchman and his father...

Its as if she is prompting along this whole Will/Davy thing..she's using the characters true emotions for one another to her advantage me thinks.

I think Liz's feelings for Jack were always there..and vice versa...but it seems as if Tia is trying to bring them to the surface ALOT sooner then they were supposed to emerge. Liz clearly had feelings for him but then the compass pointing to him made her start to FEAR the fact she has feelings for him... .she wasn't ready to accept being with Jack Was tia making it point to him to cause this fear? The ending shows us that Liz's realisation of feelings for Jack happened too soon so she got rid of him because it was too much for her at that time..this wouldn't have happened had she Kissed him earlier and if the COMPASS never pointed to him.

It seems that with every major plot twist..Tia..in essence...is there
confused

I have a feeling Tia wants this will/davy thing to come about

Kayne Archeron
over-analyzation?

LovelyOne
No..its all there...think about it before trying to piss me off..please..

Kayne Archeron
O.o wasn't trying to piss you off, i just never got the impression that Tia would play that much of a role... then again, with the way the story's been throwing itself about, who knows what could happen =D

LovelyOne
Oh ok lol..sorry

I think that Tia is a MAJOR part in this whole story..she's not what she seems..she also had a similar locket to the one Davy had..She might be Calypso in disguise (the woman he fell in love with but cut his heart out over)

Bocaj
Originally posted by LovelyOne
Oh ok lol..sorry

I think that Tia is a MAJOR part in this whole story..she's not what she seems..she also had a similar locket to the one Davy had..She might be Calypso in disguise (the woman he fell in love with but cut his heart out over)
Either that or the possibility Elizabeth is a human reincarnation

katelovespirate
i am rather hoping tia and liz will get some good screen time together in the next one. that would be cool. smile

or perhaps Will will seek help from Tia to get liz back or something...

Jack of Blades
thats posible that will will come to her for advise only dont see whats so cool about tia and liz good screen time

jdl1224
Originally posted by LovelyOne
The only reason Jack went to her was because his magical compass that SHE GAVE HIM wasn't telling him where to go. was she making it fool around?

(with credit to Jdl1224 for spotting this):
Then he picks up the ring with a black spot on it..which may have been what caused the black spot to appear before Jack almost kissed LIZ(its clear he is wearing it there)..If so Tia obviously wanted to stop that kiss...but why? Was it to make Liz's feelings/denial for Jack build up to a climax so that she would become so threatened by the temptation of being with him that she would CHAIN HIM UP to get rid of him ? I'm pretty sure if that kiss HAD happened in the curiosity scene then the ending wouldn't have been like it was.

The Jar of dirt..leads Norrington to find the heart...also causes Jack to fall down the stairs..suspicious and random bad luck.

Also she meets Will..gives him an interest in the flying Dutchman and his father...

Its as if she is prompting along this whole Will/Davy thing..she's using the characters true emotions for one another to her advantage me thinks.

I think Liz's feelings for Jack were always there..and vice versa...but it seems as if Tia is trying to bring them to the surface ALOT sooner then they were supposed to emerge. Liz clearly had feelings for him but then the compass pointing to him made her start to FEAR the fact she has feelings for him... .she wasn't ready to accept being with Jack Was tia making it point to him to cause this fear? The ending shows us that Liz's realisation of feelings for Jack happened too soon so she got rid of him because it was too much for her at that time..this wouldn't have happened had she Kissed him earlier and if the COMPASS never pointed to him.

It seems that with every major plot twist..Tia..in essence...is there
confused

I have a feeling Tia wants this will/davy thing to come about

THANKYOU! Someone finally sees my point! lol. I posted a while back saying "I don't trust Tia..." and no one really understood me. I said...

"My theory (feel free to correct) is that it may have something to do with Jack. The voodoo doll- I think Tia is the one who is making all the bad things happen to him."

Maybe I just didn't get enough evidence to make it seem that way. I realize now a voodoo doll can't do all that. But the ring thing does make sense- you brought up more bad luck kindda things then I thought of.

Another thing- at the end with Liz is crying, Tia doesn't seem sad? You'd think if they were past lovers or something of the sort she would be a TAD emotional. But really she was almost smiling and sounded excited saying "Would you go to the ends or the earth to save him!?" AND why else would she bring back Barbossa!? What good is he but to go to the end of the world!? Maybe she DID know and it caused the tension between Liz and Jack because she has something against Jack and wanted Liz to do what she did. She makes Jack almost trust her (obviously he does a little bit for going to her for help with the kraken) Maybe her plan was the bring Barbossa back, get Jack to the end of the world, then somehow turn everyone on her side but then out of no where turn on them and try to get Jack killed forever.

I knew I never liked Tia! lol. but everyone was saying that she was trying to help Jack. But if she was trying to help- she wouldnt bring back Barbossa- the man he waited, what?, 11 or something years to kill!

hmm, hmm, hmm. I don't like Tia one bit! lol.

jdl1224
Okay I have another idea too!

Maybe Tia wanted WILL. The second she sees him she practically hits on him. Maybe she could tell Jack and Liz were intrested in each other and figured if they were together Will would be free to do what he wanted. She seemed so intrested in him and was like she was talking to him specifically telling him that what happened to Davy will happen to him. Maybe something will happen between those to in the 3rd one. Who knows... dun dun DUN. haha. sorry, cheesy, i know. big grin

But it's just another thought.

Jack of Blades
Well meybe she haz someting in store for him but not what you are thinking i think.

LovelyOne
Will is resembling Davy...She;s attracted to it thats for sure..

And she's brought Liz's realisation of emotions for Jack out WAY too early for her to handle. If the compass didnt point to jack then she wouldnt be fearing what she felt for him and then the ending wouldnt have happened....I think Tia was making it point to him..It is her magic compass after all..

lovethemtigers
I honestly don't think Tia is controlling Jack and Liz - but then again who knows....I do know something about her is significant....The touch of Destiny, Barboooa's boots in the back room, the locket matching the one that Davy Jones' has....Yeah it was kind of weird how before they get there I am expecting her to be really scary and kind of wicked but seems seems perfectly nice and willing to help them....Mr. Gibbs says Jack must be really desperate to be willing to she "her", then Jack implies that they are not on the best of terms just before they enter the cabin....but then she sees pleased to see jim "Jack Sparrow" the way she says it.....So, who knows....I'm just really getting very confused about the entire movie, the subplots, the ironies, the symbolisms, my mind is whirling from it all and now this....the Tia Dalma theory - oh no more thoughts to ponder-----Iwish is it were May so we would now be able to figure it all out...

LovelyOne
Its the ring that gets me though..I dont think she is in control of their emotions but she is sort of channeling them to fit her wants ..I think that by making th compass point to Jack its making her fear her feelings for Jack which gives her reason to chain him up..she seemed pretty much Ok with him until that started to happen..and the interrupted Kiss only made matters worse..the ring is really obvious when she chains him up and when he touches her face..then on that very hand the black spot appears and it makes him pull away..the ring has a black spot on it too..

had it not been for the compass causing fear for Liz..she wouldn't have chained him up..and had it not been for the interrupted kiss..she wouldn't have chained him up..that Kiss would have pretty much been at the right time for Liz..but it was stopped..her natural feelings for him would have been realised nicely for her had that kiss not been stopped..but the way it stopped it let her build up even more denial and fear and it caused her to selfishy chain him up at the end to get rid of the temptation..Its also as if the kiss was saved until Will could see it..thus turning more like Davy..which I thik Tia wants...

In my opinion without the compass or the black spot stopping the Kiss then the ending wouldn't have happened the way it did..It is Tias compass and she could be making it point to Jack to make Liz afraid of her feelings for him..She's clearly not ready to accept them..thats why it ended like that..If it wasn't for the compass going crazy Jack wouldn't have even gone to see her...I think she made it go crazy deliberately to get Jack to come to her with WILL.

She might be pretending to be pleased to see him..there is something rally strange about her

jdl1224
get it LovelyOne, get it.

katelovespirate
HMMMM.... i am still pondering all of your brilliant theories, guys. good thinking.

i guess i still trust Tia. Jack seems to trust her implicitly, and in my opinion Jack is sharp and knows who to trust. I think Tia is powerful and dangerous, but not necessarily evil.
I DO think there might be something going on where she wants Will. BUT i think it goes beyond just seeing him and wanting him... i think with her gift of foresight, she probably sees who he will become--- something powerful in the caribbean, a force to be reckoned with, some incredibly meaningful destiny, etc.... and she wants him because of that.

when she is going off about "you want to know me..." we could draw some parellels here. When they are talking about the woman Jones fell in love with, this woman basically incorporates a lot of ideals== the passionate, wild, untamable woman, the ocean, etc.... and Tia feels she represents all these ideals as well. SO when she is saying "you want to know me" perhaps she is alluding to the fact that Will wants to know and understand Elizabeth, but she remains something of a mystery to him. Like Tia, like the ocean, like his future...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.