shud exile be male or female

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ESB Vader
ok guys i seen some jack@$$ frm lucasarts made exile officially a female and i think that is fu*ed up because when the kotor preview came out , the exile was a male.

so from now on we refer to the exile as male ok?

Tangible God
Aren't you being just a tad bit sexist?

Archangelysses
Anyway Canon is CANON

Sith'ari
The Exile should be male, simply because the game dialogue is more natural on the male path.

Tangible God
What's so Male about the dialogue? Darkside convo choices are rather male, but since the canonical ending is generally considered light, those are ruled out.

Advent
Originally posted by ESB Vader
ok guys i seen some jack@$$ frm lucasarts made exile officially a female

And what in the world is wrong with that?

Considering they don't decide canon as soon as the game comes out, it isn't f'ed up.

No. The Exile is a female, so I will address the Exile as a "she".

Who cares? What does the game dialogue matter? You can play the game as a male, the Exile just isn't officially male.

Sith'ari
'Who cares? What does the game dialogue matter? You can play the game as a male, the Exile just isn't officially male.'

It's not like I even care that much, but imo The Exile should be male because when I played as a female, the dialogue just seemed silly and unreal, and just put me off of the idea.

Tangible God
The dialogue in both games is silly and unreal, but what does it matter about the player's gender?

Sith'ari
The dialogue seems even more unnatural when you are a female.

Swirly Girl
Yay! I love negative anecdotes that are neither realistic or accurate!

Darth Kreiger
The dialogue is differant for Male and Female in both games, and if you notice at the beginning of the 2nd one, the default for Reven is female

Swirly Girl
You set Revan's gender through your conversation with Atton...

And different dialogue? Slightly different in some topics, like talking to a love interest, or something else. But on the whole? It's the same.

Archangelysses
agreed swirly girl

ESB Vader
it dosnt matter what you choose but what matters if some jack ass in lucasarts decides to make something like gender canon, in kotor1, the male dialogues seem more real esp with whats going on with bastila

even in kotor 2, the charactirs u get through a male character is much more releastic with the cut scenes.

when the kotor2 preview came out, the exil WAS male but that guy changed it to a "she".

The dialogue is differant for Male and Female in both games, and if you notice at the beginning of the 2nd one, the default for Reven is female

that is not default just because it is in first choice. Revan IS a male
because already from what happened in the first game as i keep saying, the story goes a much more releastic path when revan being male

Swirly Girl
it dosnt matter what you choose but what matters if some jack ass in lucasarts decides to make something like gender canon, in kotor1, the male dialogues seem more real esp with whats going on with bastila

even in kotor 2, the charactirs u get through a male character is much more releastic with the cut scenes.

when the kotor2 preview came out, the exil WAS male but that guy changed it to a "she".

that is not default just because it is in first choice. Revan IS a male
because already from what happened in the first game as i keep saying, the story goes a much more releastic path when revan being male

More realistic? Please, evidence; not anecdotes.

Advent

You get the Handmaiden. How is she more realistic than the Disciple?

Uh, the Exile was never canonically a male at all. They can't "change" something that was never consituted as fact. A preview of a game where they wait to decide the gender later on doesn't mean the Exile was ever actually a male.

So, should I believe Dante in DMC4 looks like Benicio Del Toro, even though it's just a preview to show off the graphics of the PS3 and how DMC4 will work?

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/192/devilmaycrydemocr4.th.jpg

((The_Anomaly))
This is ridiculous. The exile is a girl, get over it.

KingDubya
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
yes

Barker
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
thumb up

Stop Whining, ESB.

ESB Vader
This is ridiculous. The exile is a girl, get over it and
i did get over it and stop saying i didnt. i am not whining either.

just wanting to know why confused

anyways what about revan?

ESB Vader
o ya and swirly girl u want evidence? evidence you get.

why revan should be male? u played the game didnt you?
when revan confronted bastila in the star forge, it seems much more releastic when he uses the love bond between them to bring her back to the light.

and when i played as female in kotor1, it didnt seem as real when talking to bastila during the final confrontation to bring her back to the light.

swirly girl i doubt u were reading what i was saying

ESB Vader
and swirly girl, u r from a european country aint you? i can see the way you spell "lightsabre"

and please read, not talk cock and sing song. no offense but i do not like the way you reply to peoples post because i find some of them sarcastic

Captain REX
Canonically, Lucasarts plays it off that Revan is a dude, Exile's a chick.

And who cares how the **** Swirly spells lightsaber?

And that's still not evidence. no expression That's just your opinion.

Anyways. I voted Exile = chick. Because that's what it is.

Advent
and swirly girl, u r from a european country aint you? i can see the way you spell "lightsabre"

Are you from Alabama?

Lol. "Talk cock and sing song". That's a new one.

overlord

and please read, not talk cock and sing song. no offense but i do not like the way you reply to peoples post because i find some of them sarcastic Please, this isn't a chatroom. Use the edit button and type in an orderly fashion.

ESB Vader
meh lol i juz get argumentative, well maybe they did make exile a chick cuz revans already a male o ya and european ppl spell words differently from americans like color is colour or center is centre.

ESB Vader
uh sry bout my language. well they didnt make the exiles face canon right ; ; it would suck if they made the official face terrible which i doubt they would

overlord
colour, humour looks much better to me, but then I'm not American nor from the UK. stick out tongue

But I think you're right about them turning the exile female canonically because Revan was already verified as male. Fans can get very agitated about it (you should see the dumbass female Revan fan art) so they made it a fair deal.

exanda kane
Originally posted by Sith'ari
The dialogue seems even more unnatural when you are a female.

Perhaps becasue you are male yourself, or am I wrong about your gender?

Forcemaster
not to sound like an idiot, but who is Exile and what's kotor? And what does Canon mean? huh

Captain REX
KOTOR = Knights of the Old Republic.

The Exile is the main character from Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords.

Canon means...oh bugger, I hate explaining this. Canon is what is accepted as fact in the Star Wars universe (or any other thing). For example, it is canon that Darth Vader defeated Luke in The Empire Strikes Back.

There are different levels of canon.

Level 1: The movies, scripts, and George Lucas himself.

Level 2: The Expanded Universe (books, comics, etc.)

Level 3: ...other stuff...

Level 4: Noncanon! Not factual!

Darth Kreiger
Lucasfilm's word is law mortals!

It doesn't matter, I say Revan ends Dark Side Male, and Exile is Female Neutral, and follows Revan =) You can choose whatever it is, since you're the Players

ESB Vader
well if kotor 3 comes out who do u think is the main character? cant be exile or revan

Darth Kreiger
Someone new, not that hard, or possibly Revan, I've been playing it again to try to decipher what's going on, and it very well may be Revan, with the Exile as a Playable Character

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.