Top 100 games of 21 century

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

El_NINO
This is a pretty good article listing the top 100 games of the 21 century which also includes a brief synopsis and how well the game did in revenues.

http://www.next-gen.biz/page1.html

Smasandian
The title is somewhat misleading.

It should say Top 100 Selling Games of Current consoles. I dont understand why they didnt incorporate PC and handhelds sales also.

And I wish somebody made an list of the Top 100 games of all time. It would be interesting.

El_NINO
Mainly because there arent as many games on the PC as the console also they are going by how much money the game made however I agree with you. Some of the all time best are on the PC only.

Smasandian
But some of the biggest selling games in history are PC games.

I think they were just lazy. All this writer had to do was get the sales figures of the current gen games, and then copy and paste....and then add a little obvious comment about the game.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Smasandian
The title is somewhat misleading.

It should say Top 100 Selling Games of Current consoles. I dont understand why they didnt incorporate PC and handhelds sales also.

And I wish somebody made an list of the Top 100 games of all time. It would be interesting.

Best selling would be Super Mario Bros (over 40 million)

Smasandian
Well, technically, people didnt buy Super Mario Bros, they got it free when they purchased the NES.

Same with Tetris.

But I still think that Myst is one of the highest selling game of all time, if I'm not mistaken.

lord xyz
Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks is one of the best!

DarthSidiouss
lol. kingdom hearts series. final fantasy series. mario broz series. zelda series. tetris. metroid. <---- classics. metal gear takes this by a long shot... lol these are some of the greatest series ever.

Smasandian
Of the top 100 games of all time by sales or by how good it is?

El_NINO
laughing out loud

sometimes people confuse what they think is good as opposed to how much the game made which is what actually makes them a top 100 best games.

Smasandian
Not really.

Best means good. So if the title is Top 100 Best Games, it means the top rated by critics or how good the games are.

It should say Top 100 Selling videogames of all time.

El_NINO
Not really

Because sometimes the list also goes by how much they made even tho some articles may have a top best list as the title. Like this one I posted. #1 game on this list is GTA followed by Halo. GTA vice city has made more than Halo making it #1 on the Best List

H. S. 6
Not really.

Best means good. So if the title is Top 100 Best Games, it means the top rated by critics or how good the games are.

It should say Top 100 Selling videogames of all time.

They didn't say "Top 100 Best" games.

Lana
It says Top 100 of the 21st century, so it's only going to be games that came out in the past 6 years. Hardly any sort of definitive list.

Smasandian
Originally posted by H. S. 6
They didn't say "Top 100 Best" games.

I know it didnt say that.

Nino, I know, but best is an adjective for good. Sales, or revenue doesnt mean good. It means it sold well.

So again, the list should say, Top 100 Selling/made the most amount money.

El_NINO
You have a point Smasandian. To me they should have changed the title.

H. S. 6
I know it didnt say that.

Nino, I know, but best is an adjective for good. Sales, or revenue doesnt mean good. It means it sold well.

So again, the list should say, Top 100 Selling/made the most amount money.

Oh. I thought you were referring to the list. embarrasment

Smasandian
It's alll goood.

I think everybody agrees that its a bad article. Hahaha.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.