Comedy in '06 - BEERFEST

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UWHusky
What does everyone think about the comedy choices this year. I mean, Scary Movie 4 and Little man were OK but I think Beerfest is gonna be the one that makes me laugh the most!

Oh, Talledaga nights looks good, but I think Beerfest will be more off the wall hilarious!

Myth
I'll put my money on Talladega Nights. Although Beerfest looks good, plus it has Will Forte. Beer League with Artie Lang looks promising as well.

fruits
Talladega Nights was definantly friggen awesome. it was amongst the greatest will ferrell movies ever. anchorman is still up on top though

Myth
I don't know. It took me multiple viewings of Anchorman to like it as much as I do. Talladega Nights definitely gave me a better first impression. As of now, I find them pretty equal.

UWHusky
Yeah, I find that Ricky Bobby was funny, but not as great as everybody seems to think it was.

I am thinking broken lizard is gonna bring it with beerfest and i am gonna be first in line!

LiL nAstY GirL
I hope its not a let down like Club Dread

~Da Rev~
Originally posted by UWHusky
What does everyone think about the comedy choices this year. I mean, Scary Movie 4 and Little man were OK but I think Beerfest is gonna be the one that makes me laugh the most!

Oh, Talledaga nights looks good, but I think Beerfest will be more off the wall hilarious! Are we forgetting "Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan"? This looks pretty damn funny. Funnier than beerfest.

epicadventure
I have high hopes that Beerfest will be as good and probably better than the truly freakin funny Talladega Nights. The humor is different, and while Ricky Bobby continues Ron Burgundy's creation of great one-liners, Beerfest is for an older crowd, and practically begs, nay, requires me to drink while I watch it, if not when seeing it in the theaters, then when I buy it on DVD. And I respect that.

And yes, Borat looks awesome, but from what I've seen so far, it lacks alcohol, and also is minus Broken Lizard, which doesn't put points against it, but these are just things you have to note when comparing (potentially) classic American comedy movies.

SpaceMonkey
Beerfest looks stupid, in my opinion. I never get that "trying too hard to be funny" comedy from Super Troopers.... it's like the same type of stuff with this one.

DeVi| D0do
Beerfest should be a mockumentary... that would rock.

Impediment
^nope

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.