spiderman vs. the thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

soxfn89
Spiderman vs The thing from the fantastic four. Fight takes plce in an arena/

batdude123
This has been done before.

Dinalfos
In an arena? With high walls? Spidey gets webbing? Any objects to throw around?

Grimm22
Unless this is Iron Spidey, Peter has pretty much no chance of winning here no expression

I mean its like putting him up against the Hulk

It will take Ben awhile to hit Peter but once he gets a shot in its over.

Spidey isnt strong enougth to hurt Ben, just annoy him

soxfn89
Ok so the arena has high walls to work to Spideys advantage so about 5 suvs for the thing to throw around

Grimm22
Ben isnt hitting Spidey with an SUV no expression

A thunder clap could stun Spidey and give Ben enougth time to smash his head into the ground erm

Of course Spidey could just hang up on the ceiling stick out tongue

Dinalfos
Actually, Spiderman doesn't really have to hurt his body. He can poke his eyes out during a speed blitz or make him lose balance big grin

But seriously, he's too versatile, and also too smart to go toe to toe with someone who is at least 12-14 times stronger.

If this is a straight fight, then Spidey would eventually have to give in, although his speed and agility do compensate for his lack of strength.

soxfn89
I honestly don't know I find it difficult to believe that someone who can lift 10 tons (15 with his new upgrades) can't land a powerful punch. For those who vote Thing. Do you think it matters if it is the new iron spidey hes fightin or the classice one.

Grimm22
Originally posted by soxfn89
I honestly don't know I find it difficult to believe that someone who can lift 10 tons (15 with his new upgrades) can't land a powerful punch. For those who vote Thing. Do you think it matters if it is the new iron spidey hes fightin or the classice one.

Not really.

I mean all Spidey's punches are going to do is annoy Ben no expression

The fight should end in a stalemate though erm

Ben cant hit Spidey unless Spidey gets cocky and Spidey cant really hurt Ben

Tha C-Master
Agreed... unless it's an environmental advantage to one or the other.

DigiMark007
Meh, I remember arguing forever with someone on this.

In the end, though, it comes down to the thunderclap. A good one would phase Spidey enough for Ben to take the win. Otherwise, Spidey would jump circles around him all day and eventually probably wear him down.

rotiart
Peter's only chance against hulk/thing level opponents is to use PIS. IE the wall falling on the opponent. SP vs. FL was also PIS, as spiderman is not on the level of even the she hulk, and she hulk busted her hand on surfers skin.

It becomes a fight of peter dodges for eternity. and may not be hit by hit. which would allow a stalemate. other than that. thing 10/10.

Dinalfos
Sure, but Spidey knows Ben. His thunderclaps aren't nearly as strong as Hulk's or Juggernaut's. Besides, Spidey can shut his ears with webbings.

badabing
Spider-Man makes webbed claws and cuts Ben's face.

rotiart
Originally posted by Dinalfos
Sure, but Spidey knows Ben. His thunderclaps aren't nearly as strong as Hulk's or Juggernaut's. Besides, Spidey can shut his ears with webbings.

that would stop the sound effect... but not the force...

and if thing ever lands even a single blow... parkers getting stunned.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Dinalfos

Why wouldnt Ben's thunderclap be as powerful?!?! What the f**k?

Sure he may not be as strong but it would still have the same effect no expression

There is still the force of the clap yes

Dinalfos
Originally posted by rotiart
that would stop the sound effect... but not the force...

and if thing ever lands even a single blow... parkers getting stunned.

Ofcourse. That's why he needs his versatilty more than ever.

The sound effect of a thunderclap is the most devestating part for superhumans. The force is less of a problem, though it could still drop him temporarily.

Grimm22
Originally posted by badabing
Spider-Man makes webbed claws and cuts Ben's face.

laughing

Or rather those stupid stingers stick out tongue

DigiMark007
Peter's only chance against hulk/thing level opponents is to use PIS. IE the wall falling on the opponent. SP vs. FL was also PIS, as spiderman is not on the level of even the she hulk, and she hulk busted her hand on surfers skin.

It becomes a fight of peter dodges for eternity. and may not be hit by hit. which would allow a stalemate. other than that. thing 10/10.

Hrm. I have to mildly disagree.

First, SM-v-FL should never be brought up. Ever. Yeah, it was PIS, though FL wasn't using his most powerful attacks for a reason they described and explained. It wasn't just straight-up idiocy, and I'd encourage you to re-read the fight to refresh your memory on it (page 1 of the spidey respect thread). No one at Marvel was imagining that he could beat him if FL was going all out, nor did they write it that way.

Anyway....

SM beating FL = PIS. Sure, I'll agree.
SM beating Thing = upset. It's different. Yeah, Thing takes this the vast majority of the time. But let's say he doesn't think to thunderclap. Then, about 1000 slow-ass punch-dodges later, and 50 cars-smashing-straight-into-Thing's-head later (not to mention other stuff he'd inevitably find to use as a weapon in most environments), and Parker might pull out a win.

A rare upset? Absolutely. But ludicrous PIS? No.

Tha C-Master

It becomes a fight of peter dodges for eternity. and may not be hit by hit. which would allow a stalemate. other than that. thing 10/10. Not PIS, but a plot device, if he were in a "normal" environment, say New York, he would find a way to win... it wouldn't be unbelievable at all with his wit.

He could do something with his webbing or anything, he just can't beat them head to head...

batdude123
1. I'VE MADE THIS BEFORE, AND IT WAS CLOSED BECAUSE IT HAD ALREADY BEEN MADE.

2. http://img190.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spidermanvsthingzs8.jpg

Decay
in an arena or anything like that thing takes it. on the streets though spider-man would have a slight chance.

spider-man can benchpress 10 ton, so how much could he squat? legs are alot stronget than arms. i can see him swinging around and avoiding ben until ben lags behind (if its in the streets spider-man can get aroung pretty quick), then when bens looking for him a swinging double leg kick to the back of the head off a tall building would make an impression. springing kicks off the ground into bens face after he webs it would make ben take notice too.

if its any kind of straight fight in an enclosed space ben would take it, but out on the streets spider-man is very resorceful, he had the strength to lift a couple of cars and throw them around. if ben can catch him though it will be over pretty quick.

Tha C-Master
He's currently at 15, maybe even 20 tons now...

DigiMark007
Originally posted by batdude123

I understand batdude, but the search function has been completely changed. As it is right now, I can't make heads or tails of it and can never find threads that I'm looking for.

If someone wants to post a link to a previous SM/Thing thread, I'll be happy to close or merge this one. Until then, it stays.

Superboy Prime
I think Spidey would eventually hurt from punching THing's skin.

Tha C-Master
There was even that one last June with the rapping contest going on... that was good ol' fun.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
There was even that one last June with the rapping contest going on... that was good ol' fun.

lol.....I remember that. I think I got in on it at some point (probably a bad decision, but it was fun). Yeah, bonus to anyone who can find that thread....I can't figure out the new search function.

soxfn89

Sorry about that but I used the search function and could not find it

Now I'm guessing spiderman has more stamina then the Thing. I think Spidey may be able to wear ben down after awhile as long as he can stay at a distance and avoid getting hit

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by DigiMark007
lol.....I remember that. I think I got in on it at some point (probably a bad decision, but it was fun). Yeah, bonus to anyone who can find that thread....I can't figure out the new search function. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=350736&perpage=40&highlight=Zenoside+forumid%3A77&pagenumber=1 big grin

Doesn't take but a second, when you know what words to use...

batdude123
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I understand batdude, but the search function has been completely changed. As it is right now, I can't make heads or tails of it and can never find threads that I'm looking for.

If someone wants to post a link to a previous SM/Thing thread, I'll be happy to close or merge this one. Until then, it stays.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=397044

And YOU were the one who closed it. sad

Skeets

Cry for me!...evillaugh

batdude123
Originally posted by Skeets
Cry for me!...evillaugh

bawling cry crybaby weep

DigiMark007

Quit trying to pin things on me....this was when we had the old search engine that I understood. If I could've found the old thread, I would have clsoed this sooner too.

stick out tongue

Anyway, closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.