Reasons why Tia = Bad News! Supporting evidence from LovelyOne and Myself

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jdl1224

sccch
Here's an interveiw with Naomie Harris. She says that Tia isn't who everybody thinks she is,and she says Tia will have a dramatic departure.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CejABfbOCxg

evilm0nki3
I read she could be Calypso

jdl1224
well, seeing as how no one but 2 people and a few more believe shes bad... wouldnt that mean, everyone thinks shes on jacks side except us, therefore making that statement correct by saying- we DONT think she is who everyone thinks she is.

wow. that was confusing. haha. hope that made sense!

katelovespirate
hehehe sorry guys i still disagree... wink

Not because I have any information about Tia, cause i dont. Logically, you guys have a great theory and logically, you have convinced me. But there's still a gut instinct i have about Tia, and so even though I'm probably wrong, I still dont think she is in league with Beckett... lol.

sccch
I don't think that she works with Beckett,but maybe Jack did something to her to make her make a voodoo doll of him. But I don't know.confused

jdl1224
well katelovespirate i just don't know what to do with you! haha. just kidding. all well, we can all have our own opinions!

LovelyOne
I agree with alot of what you say She is a very suspicious character. But I think that Liz did have feelings for Jack to begin with, she shows them before she realises the compass is pointing to him... but its only when the compass started shove them in her face she began to fear the feelings she was getting for him. She seemed pretty comfortable with them until people or the compass brought them up. She also seemed pretty comfortable about the possible kiss she could have got from jack..until it was stopped..By Tia I think smile Tia didn't want that kiss to happen there otherwise Will wouldn't have seen it and Liz's denial wouldn't have grown to a climax by the end of the movie...It was stopped for that reason. smile

The only logical reason why Tia would strike a deal with Beckett is because she wants the heart to be kept safe from Jack or Will(who are in pursuit of it to destroy it) This would mean Davy dies..and I think Tia wants davy. So she makes SURE the heart gets to the hands of the EITC! the JAR of DIRT leads Norrington to find the heart...she also makes them decide to go to Tortuga where they pick up LIZ and NORRINGTON so that she can make the Will/Davy thing play out and ALSO pick up the man who will betray Jack later and find the heart..thanks to her trusty JAR OF DIRT.

Also I'm not sure if this is accurate but I think Davy's time as captain of the Flying Dutchman is running out. In 10 years he will be able to walk on land again and this means that the EITC cant control him or the sea. They could blackmail him with the heart to make him go back to the sea.. but what if he refuses to offer loyal service to them? He may be so set on persuing Calypso that he decides not to go back ever again. That would mean the EITC would have to destroy the heart and LOSE the power of the ocean..so they need a PLAN B!...Which is probably where Tia comes in..she can use her knowledge of Will, Jack and Liz and their feelings for one another to her and Beckett's advantage. SHE can make this Will davy thing come about She KNOWS that Jack has feelings for Liz and vise versa...so she KNOWS if she separates Will from the 2, they will probably develop a relationship..and what does she do in the movie?? MAKES WILL SEPARATE FROM THEM so she probably IS making this Will/Davy thing come about...which would mean Will being a new captain of the flying Dutchman..which means YEARS more service to the EITC before he can walk on land again.

LovelyOne
Calypso is the GREEK goddess of the sea. She has an Island to her self..she often lures men onto it and keeps them there but they can never fully HAVE her so she leaves them heartbroken I studied the Odyssey that she was featured in. And in Greek mythology the gods and goddesses have the power to oversee EVERYTHING..they have the power to make certain things happen in order for events to play out the way they want them to. If TIA is Calypso then she could use magical objects and her knowledge of peoples personalities and feelings for one another to shape their destinies.

TWO WORDS:

Divine Intervention

funny how Pintel and Ragetti(spelling) bring this whole "Divine Intervention" argument into the movie...wink Why add that in if its not important to the story at all?

katelovespirate
HAHAHAHA i love that. divine intervention.
This next one was definately feeling VERY mythic with the kraken, so everything you said about Tia makes a lot of sense. She is a great character. really interesting.

With Jones, the deal is he can only step on land once every ten years--- and he cant stay on land. he can be on for like, what, a day? then he HAS to go back to the ocean in order to live. part of the deal he made when he cut his heart out i reckon. SO he obviously had just been on land when we meet him in 2, (cause Tia's all inky) and he makes a quote about how he cant step on land for nigh on ten years (meaning he was just on land)... anyhow, his ten year deal doesnt mean he is free in ten years, it just means he gets one day on land.

MY NEW TIA THEORY: wink
As far as Tia being Calypso... the balance of power is what I'm starting to look at.
In 3, the pirates are all going to have to join league against the EITC. We have to look at the balance of power there. If they are equally matched, or even if the pirates are SLIGHTLY the underdogs, then Tia either can't be on the pirate side, or she cant be too powerful. Because the heroes (pirates) have to win a battle that looked difficult or impossible. So if Tia is ultra-powerful, and in charge of everything, she won't be on the side of the pirates because that would make it too easy for them. But, she might be on no one's side...
If, on the other hand, Tia is more how we saw her in 2, she would be on the side of the pirates, because her help would be mysterious and indirect at best, so it wouldnt give them too much of an advantage.

Am i making any sense? LOL.

Still dont think she is in league with Beckett. LOL... But there's something I still don't get... Obviously its the CAPTAIN of the Flying Dutchman who controls the kraken (and thus, the ocean)... so really, the heart is a means to that end. So why won't Beckett just stab the heart and set up one of his guys as captain??

LovelyOne
Good points^^ and yes you make sense..

But if she's not in league with Beckett then WHY make the heart go to him? Te jar of dirt would be pointless to the story if it wasn't her means of getting th heart to the EITC. Also she gives Jack the inkling to visit Tortuga where he will pick up the very man who finds the heart due to the Jar of dirt. He also picks up the key link in the Will/Davy thing. all because of Tia.

She may not be in complete league with Beckett..she may just want the heart to be kept safe with him for the time being. She may be trying to figure out a way to make Davy able to walk on land and stay on land..which could mean give the Dutchman a new captain to take Davy's place....WILL....then Davy wont die.

She might not be causing the will/Davy fate for the EITC She may be doing it all for HERSELF so she can keep davy WITH HER..she might be tricking the hell out of the EITC for her own personal gain...I think she is the most CLEVER and sly character of the lot. laughing out loud

LovelyOne
She may be tricking Beckett..He is the only one who would be able to officially stop the wedding and so start off the whole Will/Davy thing. I think Beckett has spoken with her and he probably agreed to break up the wedding..the fact he says "fate intervening" just makes him all the more suspicious that he's been speaking with her. The fact he tries to prompt along the Jack Liz thing too..and the fact that his henchman clearly doesn't want to separate Jack and Liz in Tortuga all adds up to the fact that he has been speaking with Tia..but Tia is probably tricking him. She's going to be the biggest threat IMO not the EITC. Its like she is using all the characters as if they were her puppets. That would make sense if she was a goddess.

So yeah I agree with you..she cant make either side too powerful..but she can be the biggest threat to both sides laughing out loud

katelovespirate
yes she could! i cant wait to see how she will come out. It will take all of Jack's charm to tame her, i reckon... LOL

I still dont get what the jar of dirt has to do with the heart.

Yes i do think Tia is using the characters like puppets, but she obviously cares about Jack a little bit... or she wouldnt have suggested they go after him.
How did Jack and Tia meet to begin with?:

jdl1224
You both make good points. So now I'm thinking that Tia IS tricking the EITC. Maybe Disney WANTS us to think she's bad when really, Tia will come back in the 3rd movie and "be on" EITC side and kind of scare all the pirates. Then the battle that seems 'impossible' will come about and something will happen no one can explain- and it will end up being Tia on the pirates side afterall. I mean in the first movie Jack's meanings were a bit questionable and Liz and Will even have that conversation going "Who's side is he on anyway?" "At the moment?" Jack and Tia obviously get along so theres a good chance they could do the same thing. i never thought of it that way.

Now i really think that Tia is TRICKING the EITC NOT working for them (as LovelyOne said) hmm hmm. now i've got to go think some more!

katelovespirate
yeah i agree with that- tricking but not working for--- though i still wonder if tia is at all connected with them. i dont think she would get involved there, even to trick them. i would believe she and jones are in league first i guess. Tia probably knew what Jack was up to, knew Will would end up on the Dutchman, etc. IMO Will's destiny centers around defeating Jones... so if Tia and Jones really are connected, no wonder she tried to seduce Will. Im not making much sense. I just think Tia is a good guy. LOL.

I reckon Jack gets his eyeliner from Tia, who makes it out of Jones' ink. hehehe.

LovelyOne
I think she knows that Will may possibly turn out like Davy but she watns to make it happen IMO almost every part where the Will/Liz/jack triangle thing happened. Tia was there in spirit...I dont think the destiny is going to involve Will beating Jones..I thought it would be Jack who defeats Jones..he is the main character after all.

jdl1224
Beckett could have thretened her. Will didn't want to do what he wanted either but he did it to save Liz. Maybe Tia didn't want to help Beckett either but its what she had to do to save Davy.

katelovespirate
yeah i bet jack will finish jones, if anyone does... but i think Will is going to be very involved in all things jones, cause of his dad.

smile

LovelyOne
Tia obviously planned/Knew of Jack's death LONG before anything happened because she had Barbossa's corpse there. She is obviously shaping how the story unfolds. She's planned everything ahead in my opinion..thers so much evidence for it. She plans to kill off Jack at the hands of Liz..which actually STRENGTHENS the liz/Jack relationship which means Will loses out and becomes like Davy. She kills of Jack but intends to bring him back using Barbossa...who is in her hut long before anything unfolds in the story. Evidence that Tia is shaping how things are going to happen.

ESB -1138

LovelyOne
Originally posted by ESB -1138
1. Who is to say she actually brought back Barbossa? No one knows is she did or not. And she might need the body for all we know and Barbossa is the only one who can get to the World's End to save Jack.

It doesnt take an idiot to notice that she had the dead body of Barbossa and towards the end he is alive. WHY would it be anyone else who brings him back? there were no other magical charaters brought into the movie so its OBVIOUSLY Tia who brought him back from the dead..she IS a voodoo lady..

You are obviously one of these people who base everything you say on what you see at face value..If all the characters were who they say they are then that would be a VERY boring story indeed..stories need twists..and her actually being against Jack would be a TWIST. By your logic there are no twists in movies....what PotC were you watching mate?

If he left her like all the other women then he woulfnt have got such a warm welcome from her.

I dont think the ring is a bad luck charm. I agree with you there. but it IS important to the Jack/Liz moments because its made to look obvious when he almost kisses her and also when he gets chained up..hinting that Tia may be behind whats going on. The movie makers wouldnt have added in Jack pinching the ring for no reason..there is a REASON why he took it and there is a reason why we ONLY see it clearly when ever there is a Jack/Liz moment.

LovelyOne
there is actually LOADS of evidence to suggest Tia is bad news. I dont actually see you giving any strong evidence to back your claims up to be honest.

Liz wanted Jack so much that she was AFRAID of it towards the end. Thats why she did that to him. It wasn't to really save Will and herself from Davy/Kraken. It was to get rid of the temptation of Jack before it gets too much for her. So by doing that to Jack she forces herself to stick with Will...even if its not what her heart really wants.

It obviously wasn't to really keep will safe from Davy because she then agrees only hours later to go in search of Jack again..which would mean bringing Davy after her and Will again. Obviously the fact the Kraken/Davy was after them wasnt her reason for chaining Jack up.

katelovespirate
GOSH. why doesnt everyone just agree that JACK WANTS LIZ and LIZ WANTS JACK and basically thats how it goes. LOL. wink

sccch
Originally posted by katelovespirate
GOSH. why doesnt everyone just agree that JACK WANTS LIZ and LIZ WANTS JACK and basically thats how it goes. LOL. wink

I agree!yes

jdl1224
holy crap lovelyone you did it it AGAIN!

i read all those things against mine and i was like 'what? that doesnt even make sense!' and i was gunna comment on all of them, then i went to the next page and whats the first post? you doing it! haha. dang, get it.

how exciting! me, lovelyone, and katelovespirate are all on at the same time. haha. just thought i'd point it out! smile

LovelyOne
Originally posted by jdl1224
holy crap lovelyone you did it it AGAIN!

i read all those things against mine and i was like 'what? that doesnt even make sense!' and i was gunna comment on all of them, then i went to the next page and whats the first post? you doing it! haha. dang, get it.

how exciting! me, lovelyone, and katelovespirate are all on at the same time. haha. just thought i'd point it out! smile

LOL believe me! you make much more sense then that guy with your theories.. smokin' I always confront him with a reply and he never responds to me...hope he does this time..

and yes its cool to all be online..I miss lovethemtigers, blackpearl44, Sweetkat and vegaofthelyre...I wonder what has become of those 4 confused

jdl1224
Originally posted by LovelyOne
and yes its cool to all be online..I miss lovethemtigers, blackpearl44, Sweetkat and vegaofthelyre...I wonder what has become of those 4 confused

aw i dont know who they are! did they make good theories? because if they do... they should definatley come back! smile

LovelyOne
Yeh they make very good theories smile

jdl1224
i think i just saw that lovethemtigers was on! how exciting!

katelovespirate
AWE!!!! its like the posse... gosh i love you guys. smile i am so stupid today. i cant think of any good theories. LOL.

LovelyOne
LOL im sleepy ^^ I'm in stupid mode too big grin

our posse is AWSOME big grin

katelovespirate
Yeah it is... we are the best. tee-heee. smile the non fan girls obsessing over how hott Jack and Liz are.... YAY! smile laughing

jdl1224
haha! yall are so cool!! internet is so awesome. lovely is in the UK im in the US and... katelovespirate is in... her dreams? haha.

katelovespirate
Okay, so im having a thought here.

Why did the Isle de Muerta go all pear-shaped, and why was it reclaimed by the sea?
WHo is the sea? Either Davy or Tia, right? WHY did they reclaim the island?
And perhaps this means Davy and Tia were in league about Barbossa... ??? Perhaps Davy brought him to Tia to resurrect.

hahaha i dont know what im talking about

LovelyOne
I'm just confused at the moment...I dont remember the Isle de muerta thingy being swallowed by the sea?? confused laughing out loud

tia dalma
Sorry guys i have to agree with katelovespirates. Why if she was working with the EITC would she give the jar of dirt to Jack to help protect him.

tia dalma
Originally posted by sccch
I agree!yes

I'm with you two on that. big grin

jdl1224
Originally posted by tia dalma
Sorry guys i have to agree with katelovespirates. Why if she was working with the EITC would she give the jar of dirt to Jack to help protect him.

the jar didn't protect him. it made things worse for him.

LovelyOne
Originally posted by tia dalma

Because she knew that it wouldn't REALLY help him..how is a jar of dirt going to stop Davy or his men getting to Jack? It obviously wasn't a big threat to Davy..he just looked at it as if to say "WTF is that all about Jack?"

If it wasn't for that blasted jar of dirt then in no way would the EITC gain the heart at the end. Its obvious that the Jar of dirt wouldn't really help Jack..Tia knows that jack will cling onto a material possesion if he thinks it will keep him safe, she knows that he will cling onto it as if it was his first born son..so she knows that he will think it safest to put the heart in there..when it really isnt safe to put it in there..and we find out why in the end when Norrington takes it. That the Jar of dirt was no help at all..Actually it caused Jack more pain than help..he even fell down the stairs because he held it..I think the audience seriously overlook that falling down the stairs thing..They will be thinking "oh stupid drunken Jack" but why add such a random and meanigless moment into a movie? Answer..its not random and meaningless...there is something fishy about that Jar...

laughing out loud

jdl1224
^^^what she said.
i just wasnt in the mood to explain lol.

LovelyOne
Also^^ even when Jack shows his suspicions about it she STILL doesn't tell him exactly how it will help him..She just uses reverse psychology on him to make him take it...VERRYY suspicious thing for her to do.

..She knows the Jar wont help him...if it was to just make Jack feel more secure then thats STILL not good for him because its means a false sense of security in time of danger...He's going to put all his faith into something that will make things worse for him in the long run ..and she knows it...

katelovespirate
gah. that jar.

meanwhile... i really really like tia's dress she wears.

jdl1224
Originally posted by sccch
Here's an interveiw with Naomie Harris. She says that Tia isn't who everybody thinks she is,and she says Tia will have a dramatic departure.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CejABfbOCxg

i finally watched that. i dont know why i didn't before. but i'm at work and my computer at home is really slow- maybe thats why. ANYWAYS.'

i think now especially tia's a bad person because she did say in the interview shes not who everyone thinks she is. most everyone on this board think shes good and helpful, the opposite would be what lovely and i believe.

i think that interview does a better job of supporting the fact that tia's bad. not the other way around.

willofthewisp
The instinct I got while reading her interview about Tia not being who we all think she is was that she's more than meets the eye, not that she was necessarily evil. Everyone compares POTC to the Star Wars series, and imo, Tia is Yoda. Yoda wasn't quite who he seemed to be at first. He seemed like just a short, somewhat stupid creature but proved to Luke's dismay he was very powerful and very wise. Maybe the same applies to Tia. Has anyone seen the voodoo doll in the movie rather than the website? Everything she's done can be argued good or bad, so all I can safely say with confidence about her is that I think she's much more powerful than we think. Maybe she's Calypso, maybe not.

LovelyOne
When exactly did the Jar of dirt help him? All it did was make things much worse for him...It never helped him once...Tia knew that Jack would cling onto a material possesion if he thinks it will help him..so Tia knows that he will put all his faith into that Jar of dirt..and that he would think the heart would be safe in there..when it clearly wasnt..Tia knew...

Also she gave Jack the inkling to go to Tortuga where he would eventually pick up the very man who betrays him because he saw that Jack had put the heart into the Jar of dirt....and he also picks up the very woman who betrays him..

NOTHING Tia did or said to Jack in this movie led to good..It all ended pear shaped where she was involved. and it wasnt an accident I'm sure of it..she can see into the future..she had Barbossa there long before Jack even came to see her..she knew that Jack was going to die and she LET IT HAPPEN...

Also if Jacks best intentions where her top priority then why didn't she tell him that she knew he was going to die later?

willofthewisp
Don't you think Jack would have went to Tortuga anyway? I don't think he was completely at loss for a plan when he went to see her. I think he mainly went to fill Will in and also was clinging onto the hope that Tia would have some magic remedy that would fix everything. But she didn't and he got a jar of dirt. Did anyone else know/say that Davy can be on land only every ten years? That may just be total BS, we don't know, and Jack's smart, but can be tricked.

LovelyOne
Well Jack may have gone there.. but it was only after he had been to her..He was lost and wanted help from her...If he knew he should have gone to Tortuga in the first place then he would have gone there with out seeing Tia. Also she may not have been the direct reason he went there but she IS the reason why Will got separated from Jack..so then the JAck/Liz thing could develop and Will/Liz's relationship can then start to Mirror what happened to Davy Jones and his fiance.

I'm a film studies student..We are taught to realise that everything you see in a movie has purpose..the Jar of dirt simply being Tia's way of making Jack feel better would be completely irrelevant to the plot. It would be pointless...even if it was just to make jokes it still wouldn't need to be in there if it was just a placebo..

I'm pretty certain that its the reason why Norrington got the heart and Tia knew from the very beginning that it would be the way for Norrington to get it to the EITC. Norrington would have never found it had jack not put it in there...Jack would have still had it in his shirt and he could have killed Davy..but I don't think Tia wants Davy to be killed..so how can she prevent him from being killed? By getting the heart to a safe place..the EITC. Jack and Will cant get to it to stab it can they?..So Davy is safe for the moment..I think Tia is tricking everyone....

We have already established that there are 2 enemies Davy Jones and the EITC..there NEEDS to be a new one in the next movie to keep people interested in the plot..and the twist is that it may be Tia. Seo Feng wont be a big threat..he apparently dies pretty early on
after kidnapping Liz..

The pirates movies are all about people switching alliances. The director has given away the fact that the next movie will revolve around people constantly switching alliances..I feel that the EITC and Jack might join up in order to stop Tia/Davy. Jack/Liz will need their help to stop tia from making Will from become the next Captain of the Dutchman..and the EITC will probably need Jacks help to stop Tia being in control of the sea or what ever..

This is just a theory though. Based on what I have seen and what we have been told is going to happen in the next movie..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.