ROTS Palpatine & Dooku vs. Exar Kun

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

General Kon-El
Lightsaber battle only! No Force. Who takes this?

Sith'ari
Palpatine and Dooku easily.

Darth Sexy
While Kun is easily superior to either one of these two in saber combat, it's going to be a tough time for him to fight both of them. It would probably go either way.

jollyjim311
I'd have to go with Dooku and Palpatine.

Sith'ari
'While Kun is easily superior to either one of these two in saber combat'

Proof?

Darth Sexy
What do you mean proof? I would Kun only below Luke and on par with Yoda in saber combat. What proof do you need? The fact that neither Sidious nor Dooku were lightsaber prodigies, the fact that Kun's advantage is mainly his small hilted double saber and unknown technique? He might not win against both of these guys but he would certainly take them in 1 on 1.

Sith'ari
'The fact that neither Sidious nor Dooku were lightsaber prodigies'

Dooku is stated many times to be a prodigy. Sidious was able to defeat 3 jedi masters in a matter of seconds, while holding off Mace. He was also able to stalemate Yoda in their saber battle. This was at a time when he was very out of practise. Of course he was a prodigy.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Sith'ari
'The fact that neither Sidious nor Dooku were lightsaber prodigies'

Dooku is stated many times to be a prodigy. Sidious was able to defeat 3 jedi masters in a matter of seconds, while holding off Mace. He was also able to stalemate Yoda in their saber battle. This was at a time when he was very out of practise. Of course he was a prodigy.

And Exar Kun defeated his master, who was likely the most powerful one in the order, as a Padawan. What is your point? Sidious and Dooku can't compete with Kun alone, perhaps the both of them could win more times than not.

Escape81
Once again, DS, you are mistaken.

Count Dooku is a lightsaber prodigy, and has been heralded by several of his former colleagues to be one of the greatest swordsmen that the Order has ever seen. And, as for Palpatine, I'd say that a man who has not actively trained in lightsaber combat for the better part of thirteen years - who can still pick one up, kill three Jedi Masters, and go toe-to-toe with the two most powerful Jedi at the time - is pretty damn good himself.

Regardless, I have to agree with you on one point. I'd put Exar equal to - or above - either of these two, at least.

I'd say he still has a chance of killing both, but I don't know if he could simultaneously.

Darth Sexy
I didn't know about Dooku being a prodigy himself, but yea.. It could go either way really.

Escape81
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
I didn't know about Dooku being a prodigy himself, but yea.. It could go either way really.

Well, then it is obvious that you haven't picked up most of the Clone War-era novels that even so much as mention Dooku. He was one of the Order's foremost lightsaber duelists.

Darth Sexy
No, I haven't. But I didn't need to read a book to know Dooku is one of the greatest ever.

Escape81
No, I haven't. But I didn't need to read a book to know Dooku is one of the greatest ever.

Understand, then, that Dooku was a prodigy, and a gifted one at that. He was considered to be second only to Yoda, and - at the time of his departure - only Mace Windu could be considered his equal on even ground, with Yoda being better than them both.

And, then, like I said, you have Palpatine. Considering the responsibilities and political burdens of his office, it isn't likely that Palpatine kept up with his lightsaber training for the better part of thirteen years. The fact that he had it buried in a statue supports this idea. And yet, for him to be able to kill those Jedi as quick as he did, put Mace Windu and Yoda to the test, I'd have to say that he's pretty damn good himself.

Darth Sexy
I suppose yea, but against Exar Kun.....Tough one.

Escape81
I suppose yea, but against Exar Kun.....Tough one.

I'd put Exar Kun above them both. But certainly not by leagues. It is difficult to assume where Dooku and Palpatine are, in terms of sheer saber combat. You could argue that Dooku was superior, that they were equal, or even that Sidious was superior.

But, no. Kun would have long fights with either of them, I think. And, though one would likely die, I'm pretty sure that the other could attack. Afterall, Sidious and Dooku are master and apprentice, and would most likely work well together.

But this is only because of a pure lightsaber combat. I could see either one winning.

Darth Sexy
agreed..

Swirly Girl
CTHULGUH IS OCTUS!q

darthsith19
In saber combat only I'd say either one of the duo alone is close to Exar so together they'd win.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.