Storm vs The Human Torch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FireIncarnate
Storm- Weather Witch

Human Torch- Living flame.

Who wins?

**FI**

xmarksthespot
Been done. Human Torch. Nova.

stormfront13
been done in comics...storm easily won

HandOfFate
Originally posted by stormfront13
been done in comics...storm easily won

True Storm did win...

Storm Vs Human Torch
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3293/stormvshumantorch8yw.th.jpg

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/8993/stormvshumantorch27un.th.jpg

http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/1663/stormvshumantorch33mk.th.jpg

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/3481/stormvshumantorch45fm.th.jpg

DarkCrawler
...Human Torch is basically stating that he could kill Storm whenever he wants in the last scan...huh

...he even let her take the first shot. And was standing on one place.

Yeah, she won easily, but only because Human Torch was making it an easy match for her.

Dinalfos
Yeah, that's what I would say too.

What If...
Human torch underestimed her. That's his characters arrogance, and in this battle he would do it again.

His torch can easily be put out.

Been done.
Comic > your opinion

And in the very first scan Storm states she hardly needs to go full power to defeat him, they were both going easy.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by What If...
Human torch underestimed her. That's his characters arrogance, and in this battle he would do it again.
To say Torch would underestimate the same opponent twice is just shy of calling him retarded. When are those scans from anyway?

What If...
and?

soxfn89
I think a nova blast from torch could probably do the trick but anything short of that dtormcould probably win. she controls to many elements of nature

DarkCrawler
and? And Torch is not retarted...hence, he won't underestimate Storm the second time?

What If...
Who said this battle was a second time?

Have you created a timeline?
The thread creater never specified when this battle takes place.

Either way,
Storm won in the past, she wins again.
Storm has scans to back her up, you, however, do not.

HandOfFate

Either way,
Storm won in the past, she wins again.
Storm has scans to back her up, you, however, do not.

Well that pretty much says it all. smile Close thread.

Grimm22
The last scan said that Torch could have killed her if he wanted to What the f**k?

Someone's in Denial roll eyes (sarcastic)

DarkCrawler
Who said this battle was a second time?

Erm...unless specifically stated it is assumed that they are current versions of both...What the f**k?

And what Storm has backing her up? Let's see...her beating Human Torch who gives her an opening and refuses to kill her...where as Storm is pushing her powers to the level that she is moving buildings...

TK1
Torch Wins, Nova owns weather.

stormfront13
Originally posted by Grimm22
The last scan said that Torch could have killed her if he wanted to What the f**k?

and the first scan says that she doesn't need to go full strength to defeat him. it's a little unfair to deny what storm says and keep what torch says fact.

stormfront13
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Erm...unless specifically stated it is assumed that they are current versions of both...What the f**k?

And what Storm has backing her up? Let's see...her beating Human Torch who gives her an opening and refuses to kill her...where as Storm is pushing her powers to the level that she is moving buildings...

does it even seem as storm is straining? she has always been able to lift objects of that weight.

DarkCrawler
does it even seem as storm is straining? she has always been able to lift objects of that weight. Such as?

Anyway, Storm was not going NEAR as lightly to Torch then Torch was going on Storm...

Grimm22
and the first scan says that she doesn't need to go full strength to defeat him. it's a little unfair to deny what storm says and keep what torch says fact.

If Johnny went to full Nova, Storm wouldn't even have a body no expression

There would be a bunch of charchal and thats it

stormfront13
Such as?

Anyway, Storm was not going NEAR as lightly to Torch then Torch was going on Storm...

do you have proof of that? all storm did was manipulate the wind for a win, and we both know manipulating wind is as easy as breathing for storm.

stormfront13

what do you think is quicker

1) lightning

2)flaming on and going nova

Grimm22
what do you think is quicker

1) lightning

2)flaming on and going nova

Lightning wont do crap to Johnny no expression

TK1

Agreed.donatellodonatello

phillipan
In the first scan storm verbally tells torch she isnt going to need to try that hard which was trash talk. Whether or not she was trying we cant tell.

Torch however we got to read his sincere thoughts and he knew he couldve killed her if he wanted to.

soxfn89
Lightning wont do crap to Johnny no expression

why not?

DarkCrawler
I actually think that Storm will take majority (seeing as lightning is faster then Torch's attacks and he is not immune to electricity). I just think that showing that fight as proof is crap.

soxfn89
I actually think that Storm will take majority (seeing as lightning is faster then Torch's attacks and he is not immune to electricity). I just think that showing that fight as proof is crap.

agreed. Neither Storm nor Torch seemed to be going their full potentisl snd I don't think that scan is a good way of showing who is better. A

What If...
And the first scan said Storm was putting little effort, your point?

How so? Proof?

I have shown many many scans on how Storm can and will beat him, you just come to the forums spamming emotes with your F4 sig.

I'm in denial? He already lost, it's not an opinion, it's a fact. Get over it.

She can put out his flame over and over, he won't even have a chance to nova.
A) how she did in the first scan

B) An instant hurricane
http://img95.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uncannyxmen120158zu.jpg
http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uxm98p84xx.jpg

C) A flash flood
http://img74.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uxm95pg094xk.jpg

D) Freezing rain that can shatter matter
http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uncannyxmen118162fg.jpg

She brings much more to the table than just flames.

Post scans to prove your points or GTFO

Grimm22
Originally posted by soxfn89
why not?

Well it depends no expression

The electriciy would hurt him, however the heat from it wouldnt even faze him

What If...
proof?

And heat isn't the part of an an eletircal shock that kills you.

Grimm22
proof?

And heat isn't the part of an an eletircal shock that kills you.

It can still hurt you no expression

HandOfFate
Here the thing, Johnny was assuming that Storm was at her limit while holding the building in mid-air. If you look at the pic you'll see that Storm doesn't seem to be straining, so we have no idea if his assumption was true or not.

You should also consider if his attack would have reached Storm before she drop the building on his head or counter it with a lightning bolt.

What If...
That has nothing to do with it. no expressionno expressionno expression
cardiovascular failure > burns no expressionno expressionno expression

Torch loses. no expressionno expressionno expression

Whittdawg92

There would be a bunch of charchal and thats it geez, what a racist <_<

GalacticStorm

Yeah but by the same token Storm could have easily killed Johnny as well via a lightning bolt. He too doesnt have superhuman durability.

On top of that a nova blast would take too long to power up. Its not an effective strategy. Storms just too versatile for Johnny. Her wind can hold both him and his attacks at bay whilst a high yield lightning bolt would kill him.

leonheartmm
johnny takes it unless this is queen of asgard storm.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Whittdawg92
geez, what a racist <_<

You're Racist! mad

stick out tongue

What If...
How so?
She won in the comics, I have posted many scans showing how she will win.

All you people saying johnny wins just states "johnny wins" with no evidence or theory how.

Trolt
Yeah everything was done in johnny storms' point of view.

You can see storms' butt-ugly smirk when she's pinning him down via wind. Remembver that nanites were messing with people's minds, making them want to fight, so maybe her face just shows her bloodlust. As much as she's focusing on offence, u can't tell how much of her total ability that is taxing (torch states that he "bets" she doesnt' have much left).

Dropping a building on torch wont mean much as he can pretty much melt it and slag storm at the same time ...

but lightning bolts settles things.

Swanky-Tuna
I've heard from... Wyvannder? That in Torch's more recent days he's been able to absorb the energy from power lines and isn't the cocky, idiot monger anymore.

And he might not have increased durability on paper but he has taken hits from some strong people, places, and/or things so he has some degree of defense.

DarkCrawler
Well, he's taken hits from Terminus (was paralyzed for a minute after that, though), Annihilus, Hulk, Namor, Thing, etc...I think the plasma around him might protect him in some way...

Blair Wind
Couldnt he just create copies and fight her that way?

HandOfFate
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
I've heard from... Wyvannder? That in Torch's more recent days he's been able to absorb the energy from power lines and isn't the cocky, idiot monger anymore.

Interesting but there a big differents between a power line and a lightning bolt.smile

And he might not have increased durability on paper but he has taken hits from some strong people, places, and/or things so he has some degree of defense.

Most heroes can say the same thing. Shoot Spider-Man and Daredevil should have been dead thousands of times.

H. S. 6
Storm wins easily. One lightning bolt could take Johnny out.

It can still hurt you no expression

So what? "He's going to be dead, but that doesn't matter, because at least he won't have been burnt." stick out tongue

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Couldnt he just create copies and fight her that way?
????

DarkCrawler
Wind would probably dissipate them pretty fast.

H. S. 6
Wind would probably dissipate them pretty fast.

Or, ya know... a hurricane. stick out tongue

What If...
end of discussion.

Swanky-Tuna
I know there are better examples in recent FF comics for Torch but I don't feel like downl--buying them.

There's also the asinine concept that wind puts out anything bigger than a match instead of stoking it, making it hotter.

drwerwer
Storm makes a big rain storm which un flames torchy and then sends one big lightning bolt throgh him. And yes she has made rain storms fastly before.

batdude123
Originally posted by drwerwer
Storm makes a big rain storm which un flames torchy and then sends one big lightning bolt throgh him. And yes she has made rain storms fastly before.

There's a scan (I can't remember where it is), but somebody tries to to dowse HT with water, and Johnny told him it's like trying to put the sun out with a super soaker. HELL NO Storm is going to put his flames out with just a simple rainstorm, or a monsoon for that matter.

RisingStorm
Yeah if ever he can do so much nova if Storm already extinguished him off.

Time to make nova < Lightning bolt

And he's not immune to lightning too.

HandOfFate
Originally posted by batdude123
There's a scan (I can't remember where it is), but somebody tries to to dowse HT with water, and Johnny told him it's like trying to put the sun out with a super soaker. HELL NO Storm is going to put his flames out with just a simple rainstorm, or a monsoon for that matter.

True, given his heat rain shouldn't really affect him but if she thin out the air he wouldn't have flame to fight with.

What If...
You are so stupid.

On the scan in the first page Storm put out his flame with a gust of wind....yet she can't do it with gallons upon gallons of water falling all around him?

Blair Wind
its called a bad showing roll eyes (sarcastic)

batdude123
You are so stupid.

On the scan in the first page Storm put out his flame with a gust of wind....yet she can't do it with gallons upon gallons of water falling all around him?

Who the f*ck are you calling dumb you arrogant idiot? It's called PIS. There's no way that Storm's weather controlling abilities can dowse Johnny's flames. It's like trying to put out the SUN with wind or rain. It ain't gonna happen. So stop being a fanboy for one second and think logically.

FireIncarnate
Surely a Flash Flood could do the trick?

**FI**

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by FireIncarnate
Surely a Flash Flood could do the trick?

**FI**
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y186/zanpanzer/comics/Getinthepool.gif

GalacticStorm
By thinning out the air Storm could limit the intensity of Johnnys flame. On top of that her wind can keep him at bay or even hold him in position. It only takes a bolt of high yield lightning to take him out. He too does not possess superhuman durability.

FireIncarnate
The guy who drew the pic...

LOL. That made me laugh lots.

But, who says that she can't use some form of huge tidal wave? I'
ve seen a scan where she just create a huge flood, which begins with a huge wave, and just washes these guards out of the way. It seemed to be pretty instantaneous too, meaning Johhny might not be able to fly away in time.

**FI**

stormfront13
There's no way that Storm's weather controlling abilities can dowse Johnny's flames. It's like trying to put out the SUN with wind or rain. It ain't gonna happen.

you do realize that...

1)storm has doused his flame three times with no effort at all

2) she-hulk has doused his flame with water

3) his flame has been doused with an extinguisher

H. S. 6
Why is this thread still alive?

FireIncarnate
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Why is this thread still alive?

Because people still feel the need to contribute to the discussion? roll eyes (sarcastic)

**FI**

batdude123
you do realize that...

1)storm has doused his flame three times with no effort at all

2) she-hulk has doused his flame with water

3) his flame has been doused with an extinguisher

It's called crap writing. Anyway, regardless, Storm would probably win this one.

What If...
Storm wins with 1 lighnting bolt regardless rather she can put out her his flame, which she can.

Superman in general is bad writing, and I can't believe YOU called ME fanboy LOL! Happy Dance

batdude123
Storm wins with 1 lighnting bolt regardless rather she can put out her his flame, which she can.

Superman in general is bad writing, and I can't believe YOU called ME fanboy LOL! Happy Dance

What you just said means that the elements of weather are able to put out the sun. roll eyes (sarcastic)

FireIncarnate

Doesn't Johhny's fire protect him from alot of things, like lightning for instance?

**FI**

What If...
Go back to around page 2 for the answer to that question.

It would protect him from the heat, not the electrical shock...which would leave him dead but not burned.

xmarksthespot
Hmm... don't read much Fantastic Four. But I recall hearing he can affect the temperature of objects, and if so can't he just make her clothes burst into flames...

What If...
Lighnting bolt > faster than flames.

I thought this thread finally might have died, who bumped it so I can shoot you?

Not to mention, Storm has wierd/ghey control over the molecules of her costume, I'm sure there would be a way to counter her having her clothes burst into flame

FireIncarnate
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Hmm... don't read much Fantastic Four. But I recall hearing he can affect the temperature of objects, and if so can't he just make her clothes burst into flames...

Even if he could, Storm is immune to extreme temperatures.

**FI**

Grimm22
It's called crap writing. Anyway, regardless, Storm would probably win this one.

Yep yes

Gone are the stupid days when things like wind and water could douse his flames big grin

Swanky-Tuna
Since the late 80's were almost 20 years ago, I won't mention the fire extingisher, but could water or wind even effect his flame? I mean, in theory if he's often compared to a sun, a good portion of the fire has to be self generated. It can't just be fueled by the air.

Originally posted by FireIncarnate
Even if he could, Storm is immune to extreme temperatures.
Resistant.

H. S. 6
Storm can thin out the air around him though, correct? At least dampening his flames to an extent.

batdude123
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Storm can thin out the air around him though, correct? At least dampening his flames to an extent.

That wouldn't do much good. Trying to put out Johnny is like trying to put out the sun. She isn't going to do it by thining out the air. no REGARDLESS, Storm ftw.

ExodusCloak
Resistant

I remember Magneto filtered her own lightning through her, and she got severely burnt. I think Nightcrawler had to teleport her away.

I'd give Storm the slight edge if the Human Torch starts off in his human form. But then again my HT knowledge is limited.

drwerwer
Well there is also the pssoibility that storm creates a flash flood.
She then uses 200 mph winds to bring johnny into the flood water then she shoots the water with a lightning bolt and fries torchy.

stormfront13
. Trying to put out Johnny is like trying to put out the sun.

do you have proof of this? you keep saying it but haven't provided anything to back it up. considering his flames have been doused uncountable times then that statement is pretty hard to believe.

batdude123
do you have proof of this? you keep saying it but haven't provided anything to back it up. considering his flames have been doused uncountable times then that statement is pretty hard to believe.

His flames have reached nova levels i.e the temperature of the sun. He's commented in a scan when somebody tried to throw a bucket of water on him, that it would be like trying to put out the sun with a super soaker. All the times he's had his flames put out is basically crap writing. But hey, that was the eighties!! LOGICALLY, nothing Storm can conjure up should put out Johnny's flames.

batdude123
Originally posted by drwerwer
Well there is also the pssoibility that storm creates a flash flood.
She then uses 200 mph winds to bring johnny into the flood water then she shoots the water with a lightning bolt and fries torchy.

A flood will equate to nothing.
The winds would probably make his flames stronger
Yep. The lightning bolt wins it for her.

batdude123
His flames have reached nova levels i.e the temperature of the sun. He's commented in a scan when somebody tried to throw a bucket of water on him, that it would be like trying to put out the sun with a super soaker. All the times he's had his flames put out is basically crap writing. But hey, that was the eighties!! LOGICALLY, nothing Storm can conjure up should put out Johnny's flames.

Just so you don't miss it.

stormfront13
His flames have reached nova levels i.e the temperature of the sun.

yes...but is he constantley at nova level? no

so...? villians comment that their unbeabable but does that prove they are? it's called intimidation.

according to you

once again...according to you even though much things weaker than storm have put out his flame.

montrail
???Hasn't Bobby already defated Human Torch?

batdude123
yes...but is he constantley at nova level? no

so...? villians comment that their unbeabable but does that prove they are? it's called intimidation.

according to you

once again...according to you even though much things weaker than storm have put out his flame.

Wind and water aren't going to put out his flames, neither should a little fire extinguisher. Sometimes you have to think logically and not always take the sh*t some writers put out there. And this doesn't even mean anything to the fight. She STILL wins this. But, she isn't going to put out his flames. If she tried with water and wind, he WOULD go nova and fry her. Her only option is to mount an offense right off the bat that would take him down, which of course she is capable of. Storm ftw 8/10, but she isn't putting out the flames. Not by a longshot. Writers are dumbasses when it comes to these kind of things. It's the same reason why Captain Atom is held back and not usually at his potential (which is limitless).

drwerwer
A flood will equate to nothing.
The winds would probably make his flames stronger
Yep. The lightning bolt wins it for her.

To tell you the truth that is what I was thinking about the winds and I also thought that the flood would just evaporate because of the heat but I easnt sure and needed someone to clarify this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.