statesman vs superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lando005
Hi i'm new here so i figured i'ld start off strong with a match between 2 heavy hitters. Now i've been reading this forums for a long time and i see a lot of comments based on who likes who more so let me just say if your one of thoes people PLEASE DONT COMMENT just the facts here folks this fight's based solely on thier stats and combat styles that each fighter has displayed...and for thoes smartguys out there askin which version of sups we're useing the current one

Soleran
Bump, can I get some info on the Statesman?

lando005
City of heroes flagship charater.... class 100+ strenght super speed flight invulnerablity, can also produce powerful bolts of lighting... mystical avatar of zeus

Blair Wind
I made a thread about him once...no one replied. Good luck with this one big grin Do you happen to have the actual comics to show them what he is capable of?

lando005
yea i do but you wont get anything spectactular out of the comics he's in but if you go to the cot website evey video he's in he's whoopin up on sombody

lando005
Statesman's appearance in the end of beta event for City of Villains allowed players to read over an extensive list of his powers. In addition to his Tanker primaries and secondaries, Statesman also possesses the flight, fitness, and leadership power pools, as well as his own personal power pool, named simply "Statesman." This pool contained several Electric powers, including the "nuke" Thunderous Blast, which he occasionally used in lieu of Super Strength attacks. Starting with Issue 7, a "Hero" version of Statesman randomly spawns as a reinforcement against villains in Recluse's Victory. This version has been confirmed through testing on the Training Room to use Thunderous Blast in his attack chains.

badabing
He looks like Magneto mixed with Captain America.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Statesman_%28City_of_Heroes%29

badabing
Here's Blair's thread.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t379326.html

lando005
does that really matter doesnt change who he is or what he can do

lando005
if it helps i'll just do a bunch of statesman vs fights that's bound to stir up some intrest in him

batdude123
Superman drops the chump. He seems like a much weaker version of Billy WITHOUT the magic.

badabing
Originally posted by lando005
does that really matter doesnt change who he is or what he can do
What are you talking about. My description of Stateman's costume? no expression

lando005
ya the costume comment sorry if it seemed kinda rude....aside from that please give us your humble oppinion

lando005
and as far as the whole magic thing is concered maybe you missed the part where it's pointed out that statesman is a incarnation of zues i think he's got plenty of magic to spare

badabing
ya the costume comment sorry if it seemed kinda rude....aside from that please give us your humble oppinion
I have never read anything with Statesman. He seems powerful. If you have scans please post them.

batdude123
and as far as the whole magic thing is concered maybe you missed the part where it's pointed out that statesman is a incarnation of zues i think he's got plenty of magic to spare

Guess I did miss that part. Meh. Magic isn't a death sentence for Superman by any means. Superman's dropped plenty of people more powerful than Statesman. Supes ftw.

lando005
nobody's saying anything about magic always beating superman i was just sayin that statesman was a magical entity, i agree with you where as magic vs superman is highly overrated just cause someone has magical superstrenght doesn't mean he can trounce all over big blue, however magical projectiles or magical energy based attacks will effect him IE statesman's thunderbolts, and even then it's not like it a one hit and supes is done kinda deal he can take a few shots it's just that they would actually hurt him unlike regular thunderbolts

Blair Wind
Originally posted by badabing
I have never read anything with Statesman. He seems powerful. If you have scans please post them.

Hes mostly used in the game (and the comics get influenced by the game).....Top Cow I believe finally made the comics public (instead of the exlusive players only comics)

Blair Wind
if it helps i'll just do a bunch of statesman vs fights that's bound to stir up some intrest in him

Go for it....personally I want to see more of the speedster (Ive only read a couple comics with them in it but he was immediatly my favorite)

lando005
Statesman hasnt been around too long in the comic sceen and what's more in the city of hero's universe he's the most powerful hero out there so it's not like he goues out on a daily to handle most city level crime. and even in the game you can only find him in one spot i havent even encounted him in the game yet so we have no real feats of strenght to go off of all we got is what's known on wiki and the coh page.......
if it helps he's survived a nuke without even a scratch on him

lando005
oh come on people somebody's gotta have some input

jasofisc
on the web site you can view a lot of the comics (http://www.cityofheroes.com/comic/backissues.html). Statesman has a very good chance of taking this. One his incridble combat expirence and magical lightning would mess up supes just like captain marvel's does. However I know i'm not going to convince any superman fanboys so as for all the rational people on this forum statesman's duriblity is the same as supes and his speed, and his strength and everything else. The differnce between the two is that statesman is more of a soldier then a superhero. He's like captain america and captain marvel rolled into one.

Batman Beyond
man i would have thought this would be closed (btw my coh char would wipe the floor with statesmen)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.