away from her

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bakerboy
The director debut of Sarah Polley, this movie will be released at the end of the year. Its the story of the forgetful wifeof a philanderer falls in love with another resident in her nursing home. Its a very touching story based in short tale by Alice Munro. Julie Christie is the main role of the movie, and the supporting cast includes Gordon Pinset, Michael Murphy and Olimpia Dukakis.

I think that its a great story, sarah polley its a very interesting actress and could be a good director, and Julie Christie is a fantastic actress. This movie could be one of the important films of next prize season.

bakerboy
The film was released in the Toronto Film Festival with a a lot of great reviews. Lion Gate adquired the rights for the movie to release it soon and to be a strong contender for nex oscars. The story is touching and the actors are amazing, specially Julie Christie, plalying a mature woman being destroyed by the Alzheimer Illness.

bakerboy
Confirmed release for the movie in the USA: April 2007.

bakerboy
New release of the movie: may 4 of 2007.

Here is the trailer in youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE3EG5uwBU0&mode=related&search=

Very touching, very emotive and with excelent perfomances. Julie Christie's perfomance is pure genious.

By the way, im back after a long rest.

bakerboy
But seriously, this movie looks as one of the best movies in this year.

bakerboy
The movie was released yesterday. anybody saw it?

Bardock42
Haha, people were really interested in this release, weren't they?

Well, I have never heard of it.

bakerboy
Well, this is because majority of people today are only interested in the blockbusters, and great movies like this arent in that focus, but it doessnt means that the movie its bad or something. In fact, the reviews had been very positive and impressing.

MildPossession
I've heard of it, and it looks excellent. Sarah Polley is an actress I follow, so will be interesting to see what her directing is like this time around. Also want to see The Secret Life of Words, not directed by her though.

bakerboy
Yeah, sarah polley is a great talent as an actress, and this is her debut as a director. And for the reviews, this movie looks great.

I absolutely recomend the secret life of the words to you, she is only the main actress in that movie, not director, the director is the spanish isabel coixet. But the movie was great, and tim robbins and julie christie are i the cast too. Christie is also the main actress in away from her.

LovingMovies24
I'm interested. Christie should get an Oscar for this!!

ADarksideJedi
Wait who does she fell in love with again?If this movie is a tear jerker then I am staying far away!Those stories make me cry too hard.jm

MildPossession
You have not even seen her performance yet...

bakerboy
Julie christie performance in this film is truly impressing. She plays the lovely fiona, a woman with alzheimer, and her performance is so natural, so deep, so true. Totally amazing. Julie could show a range of emotions only with her eyes, her smile, or her gesture. I beat that she will win the oscar, and she deserves it.

She is one of the best actress today, so sad that she works so little nowadays. And the movie its incredible.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by bakerboy
The director debut of Sarah Polley, this movie will be released at the end of the year. Its the story of the forgetful wifeof a philanderer falls in love with another resident in her nursing home. Its a very touching story based in short tale by Alice Munro. Julie Christie is the main role of the movie, and the supporting cast includes Gordon Pinset, Michael Murphy and Olimpia Dukakis.

I think that its a great story, sarah polley its a very interesting actress and could be a good director, and Julie Christie is a fantastic actress. This movie could be one of the important films of next prize season.

I agree.its a great movie with a great story and she is a good actress.

ADarksideJedi
What other movies has this actess played in?jm

bakerboy
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
What other movies has this actess played in?jm
Many, she is a british screen legend, like helen mirren or judi dench.

Here is a list, beasides away from her: Doctor Zhivago, darling, farenheit 451, far from the madding crown, petulia, the go-between,dont look now, mcabe and miss miller, shampoo, heaven can wait, demon seed, heast and mist, power, dragonheart, afterglow, hamlet, finding neverland, troy, harry potter and the prisioner of azkaban, the secret life of words.

But here are her complete filmography in imdb:

http://www.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=julie+christie

Some of her films are classic, and she is an oscar winner, won an oscar for darling and she will win possibly her second oscar for away from her. I recomend you to see some of her films, she is great.

MildPossession
I wasn't saying she isn't a good actress. I think she is brilliant. Just pointing out how someone can say she deserves something when they haven't even seen the film yet.

bakerboy
Yes, i know it, mild.

ADarksideJedi
Thank you I Will check her out.My mom is from England so no doubt she will know who tihs actess is.Thanks agian.jm

pr1983
it's out over here, and i've heard very good things... hope to go and see it soon...

Piggle Humsy
I saw the Trailer for this a little while ago.
Hadn't heard about it but was drawn in by the poster and title.
and it was a good trailer, I'm hoping to see it when I can.

I'm so sick of seeing these trailers with teeny boppers in them like high school musical.. yucky
It's nice to have a film with a main adult cast for a change smile

bakerboy
Yes, the trailer was so touching. Really great. And its nice to see an itelligent film with a cast of adult people, not the stupid tennagers movies for stupid tenaggers and the blockbusters with horrible actors and performances noways. I want to see stories about real people, not more stories about special efects.

bakerboy
Any people more have seen this great movie? Julie Christie deserved the oscar for this, not marion cotillard for the vie in rose.

MildPossession
Marion totally won that Oscar, Christie was good but not as good as Marion in La Vie en Rose, she was just fantastic as Piaf.

As for Away From Her, It was beautifully shot but overall it was quite a bore to watch, didn't like the dialogue for the most part. Was a disappointing film.

bakerboy
Totally desagree in both things. First, i think that Julie deserved the oscar all the way. Marion was good, but many times overacted and she didnt do her own singing, Julie was much more touching and credible as a woman with alzheimer.

Second, i dont think that away was boring. It was very well shooted and the dialogue was superb.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.