.. Will luke skywalker, greatest jedi master of all time die ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Infinity
I've heard alot of talk that they might kill off luke in one of the new books.. now let me ask all of you die-hard luke fanboys ? do u think they can do this ? how would this affect star wars and who will take over then council ? Kyp Durron, possibly ? .. Leia...? or will this just not happen.. tell me what u think. by the way i searched whether this has been done or not and it hasnt, well atleast i could find anything. tell me what u think.

Lightsnake
Of old age eventually, yeah

Infinity
lol. no but i mean like soon.. like NOW in the next few novels..

Blue_Hefner
I hope Jacen kills him.

Darth Sexy
Luke will only die of old age

Sith'ari
I've got a feeling Jacen will kill him.

Infinity
why jacen lol ? dont spoil me if anything happened cause i havent read any of the new books lol.

Infinity
the dark nest series.. for example

Blue_Hefner
Read Betrayal and you'll see.

Blaxican Hydra
Luek won't be killed. He's to symbolic to be killed.

exanda kane
Originally posted by Blaxican Hydra
Luek won't be killed. He's to symbolic to be killed.

Explain symbolic? Think you have the wrong term there.

I think it would be a great asset gone from Star Wars, although not of much interest on his own, he was there from the beginning, but I also can't see a death for him that is worthy to such an iconic figure in popular culture, even if only you guys read it.

Darth_Glentract
Luke is already dead during the Legacy comics. So is Ben, his son.

SnakeEyes
Well, Luke WILL die eventually. Whether it be from old age or in a blaze of glory, it is going to happen. And Lucas will make tons of money off of it, because people will all be buying the book that Luke dies in, whether they like his death or not.

exanda kane
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Luke is already dead during the Legacy comics. So is Ben, his son.

Already? Wow...thats strange. (please no spoilers if thats true)

I can see why they'd kill off Luke in the end, but to kill Ben (if they did)...it seems a great waste, like I felt when I realised that Anakin Solo gets killed too, who were some of the only new characters I could take seriously..

Lightsnake
Nothing is saying Ben and Luke are dead by Legacy...if they are, it's assumed old age. It's been a century anyways

J.M FcThumbs-Up
During Legacy Luke is living in Yoda's Hut on Dagobah!!!!!! stick out tongue

Captain REX
Originally posted by exanda kane
Already? Wow...thats strange. (please no spoilers if thats true)

I can see why they'd kill off Luke in the end, but to kill Ben (if they did)...it seems a great waste, like I felt when I realised that Anakin Solo gets killed too, who were some of the only new characters I could take seriously..

In the 'Legacy of the Force' series of books that's coming out, the year is already 40 ABY. Luke's like...59, 60. The 'Legacy' series of comics is set in 130 ABY to 137 ABY so far. I doubt Luke lives to 150. Ben probably dies around 100 years old, if he dies of old age.

Kol Skywalker looks to be about 40 or 50, maybe older.

Darth Sexy
Or is it possible that Luke Skywalker, as the greatest force user that ever lived, becomes the highlander and roams the galaxy waiting for the quickening. There can be only one!

Sith Lord Windu
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
Or is it possible that Luke Skywalker, as the greatest force user that ever lived, becomes the highlander and roams the galaxy waiting for the quickening. There can be only one!

of.......course.....he does?? confused confused confused

Darth Kreiger
It doesn't really matter, New Jedi Order series kinda destroyed Star Wars IMO. If they kill off Luke it will show you how the current EU authors are ruining it erm

Luke has risen to God-like Status, the only thing worthy of killing him would be a Sith Lord that doesn't die in 1 book

Infinity
hmm... wow i think that the njo series is amazing. im reading it now and its really good. if they killed luke it would be dumb... just the fact of luke gone... :s makes no sence to me

Infinity
Originally posted by Darth Kreiger
It doesn't really matter, New Jedi Order series kinda destroyed Star Wars IMO. If they kill off Luke it will show you how the current EU authors are ruining it erm

Luke has risen to God-like Status, the only thing worthy of killing him would be a Sith Lord that doesn't die in 1 book

actually it would be more likely for one of his own to turn dark.. and go darkside on his ass...

((The_Anomaly))
Didn't Lucas say that he wouldn't allow Luke to be killed in EU. I'm sure he has restricted that from happening. (other then by natural means)

He has restricted things from happening before. Like giving a list of species that cannot be Jedi, as well some author had wanted a main bad guy character to be a insane clone of Obi-Wan and Lucas restricted that too.

Infinity
nice ! so luke wont die wink

zephiel7
Yah, I'll kill him smile

JaehSkywalker
NOOOOO!

but yeah, old age.

Jam-Jul_Lison
Originally posted by Infinity
hmm... wow i think that the njo series is amazing. im reading it now and its really good. if they killed luke it would be dumb... just the fact of luke gone... :s makes no sence to me

You Obviously have very far into the series. They killed of Chewbacca in the NJO series. Hell they killed him having a moon crashing into him. About the only death worse then that for Chewie would be to have Jar Jar kill him. The NJO series is the worst series ever written. I wish all copies of those books could be burned and we could all just forget they were ever written.

As for Luke dieing. If he were to be killed I would hope he would go out in a blaze of Glory.

Also to the PT fans out there that wonder why we make a big deal out of the OT characters so much. They are the reason Star Wars is the way it is today. Yes the PT character did play a big role, but there are a hell of a lot more books and comics with the OT characters in them, then there are PT characters. Those novels and comics with the OT characters in them helped keep Star Wars alive until the time of TPM. A lot of us have grown to know and realy understand these characters and they will always remain the favorites of the OT fans.

The only reason I said something about this is cause I got a feeling a PT fan might come in and ask why we are making such a big deal over this. I have seen it happen before. lol

Infinity
hm... the njo is amazing i duno were u get ur infor mation from...

Darth Kreiger
I've read up on them, the whole Plot, it sounded stupid, the latest EU have been making everything more Complicated and making Force Users godly (Lukes Light Side Insta-Kill WTF?)

Infinity
lol

exanda kane
Originally posted by Captain REX
In the 'Legacy of the Force' series of books that's coming out, the year is already 40 ABY. Luke's like...59, 60. The 'Legacy' series of comics is set in 130 ABY to 137 ABY so far. I doubt Luke lives to 150. Ben probably dies around 100 years old, if he dies of old age.

Kol Skywalker looks to be about 40 or 50, maybe older.

Ahh didn't realise the difference in the name at quick glance. wink

Infinity
lol im pretty sure luke lives to be older. luke is the center of the force. yoda lived to be like 980... it makes no sence. luke will be older than 150. 100% positive. at the time of ep3 mace is 70 and dooku is in his late 70s early 80s... sids is clearly older than both of them.. and luke is much more powerful with the force, meaning he can use the force to live longer as mara used the force to keep her alive from her illness. if something happens after ad she dies.. DONT SAY ANYTHING plz ! im still reading njo. thank u

Darth Kreiger
Mace is like 50, not 70

Infinity
wiki says hes 70

Advent
Originally posted by Infinity
wiki says hes 70

No, it doesn't say that. It says he was born in 72 BBY. His death was in 19 BBY, ergo you subtract 72 from 19 and you get 53. Mace Windu is only fifty-three, so I don't know how you get 70, or think wiki says he's 70.

Biographical information

Homeworld Haruun Kal

Date of birth 72 BBY

Date of death 19 BBY

Simple math, and a simple mistake on your part.

Infinity
lol sorry

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Originally posted by Advent
No, it doesn't say that. It says he was born in 72 BBY. His death was in 19 BBY, ergo you subtract 72 from 19 and you get 53. Mace Windu is only fifty-three, so I don't know how you get 70, or think wiki says he's 70.

Biographical information

Homeworld Haruun Kal

Date of birth 72 BBY

Date of death 19 BBY

Simple math, and a simple mistake on your part.

I thought he was 50 by TPM>>>according to the "Insider's Guide to Episode1"(cd-rom) he was.
That means he's 63 during ROTS.
Either WIKI's wrong, you are wrong or I am wrong.
Where did you get that biographical info?

wink

Lord Saboteur
Originally posted by J.M FcThumbs-Up
I thought he was 50 by TPM>>>according to the "Insider's Guide to Episode1"(cd-rom) he was.
That means he's 63 during ROTS.
Either WIKI's wrong, you are wrong or I am wrong.
Where did you get that biographical info?

wink The people on Wiki don't grab things out of their asses, they try too hard to make things perfect. no expression

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Originally posted by Lord Saboteur
The people on Wiki don't grab things out of their asses, they try too hard to make things perfect. no expression

No I understand that.
BUT, it's never said anywhere that WIKI's official or final authority on all things SW.
I don't grab "Insider's Guide to EP1" out of my ass, it's made by Lucasfilm Arts I believe!!!!!!!!!!

wink

Infinity
lol. im pretty sure that he is about 70...

ESB Vader
how old is luke when he dies? err

ESB Vader
umm wait, didnt read page 2, hes 70 yrs old?

Darth Scythe
Luke seems like he's in over his head(or thats whats being hinted) in the new legacy book, and Jacens philosophy on him and the Order are at odds to say the least.

My honest opinion? Either Luke or Jacen won't live to see the end of the legacy books. I'm going to go out an a further limb and say of IS Luke who dies then I see a power struggle for the Council(stay with me for the next part).... One that leads to the splintering of the order with Kyp and his loyalty to the Force on one side and Corran and his loyalty to the government on the other like how we saw in the DN trilogy and HORN's knights splitting off and forming what will later become the Imperial Knights in the legacy comics. If you think about it, they all wield silver sabers like Horn did. And all the while, Jacen in the aftermath of it all goes on to find an apprentice who would go on to be Darth Krayt later......

Sorry, that was the writer in me speculating.

Captain REX
Luke hasn't died yet, but currently he is 60 years old, ESB.

Mace Windu was 53 when he died. That means he was 40 in TPM.

I'm not sure where they get the date, but I'm sure it's accurate.

Meanwhile, Darth Krayt established his Sith Order in the year 30 ABY, ten years before Jacen's fall to the Dark Side. Close, but no cigar, I'm afraid, Scythe.

And while your Horn splintering off theory makes sense, I'd like to know how Jedi loyalty to the Galactic Alliance becomes loyalty to the sworn enemies of the GA, the Empire.

Belegūr
Eventually (and hopefully) - yes.

Infinity
eventually ... how dare u..

Infinity
and hopefully...

Infinity
..wtf..

Captain REX
****ing edit button.

mcelreth
WHEN Luke dies after that the series,if any,will either totally lose it or will sell more.Since Chewy died Hon isn't what he used to be

mcelreth
Originally posted by mcelreth
WHEN Luke dies after that the series,if any,will either totally lose it or will sell more.Since Chewy died Hon isn't what he used to be. I thought Jania went to the dark side after Anikin died?

Infinity
hmm... uhh if luke dies star wars will die with ihm.

Forcemaster
Why does Jacen go to the Dark Side?

Forcemaster
i think a sith will kill Luke.

Darth Scythe
Originally posted by Forcemaster
Why does Jacen go to the Dark Side?

Technically(according to him) he's only Sith by name and has not fallen to the "dark side". He justifies it on the premise of the greater good vs. greater evil........ but did he really HAVE to kill another(possibly hot) female Jedi Knight?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.