IMMORTAL HERCULES vs. Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Betageuze
imagine.... Hercules.. has manhandled Fireloard.... a guy... who is equal to the Silver Surfer

so..... has Immortal Hercules a chance to win against Silver Surfer

what happens... if Hercules will grab Surfer.....

Tshern
Herc gets his ass whooped. Even if he managed to grab SS, he couldn't dish out enough damage before SS releases himself.

batdude123
Silver Surfer 12/10.

Apolloknight
Originally posted by Betageuze
imagine.... Hercules.. has manhandled Fireloard.... a guy... who is equal to the Silver Surfer

HEY, this is the Guy that said Herc would Physically DESTROY the Juggernaut.

Man if you like Herc so much stop putting him up against these monsters.

Betageuze
Hercules has manhandled the FireLord

i know from 2 fights between Firelord and Silver Surfer
1:1

Betageuze
what i want to say is...

that an ANGRY Hercules....... IS A BEAST

a weapon... physically .. perhaps the strongest purest in Marvel (beside a very angry Hulk... and of course..the .. HULK KILLER HUMANOID)

ANGRY HERCULES..... indeed.... is more than .. awesome

Apolloknight
what i want to say is...

that an ANGRY Hercules....... IS A BEAST

a weapon... physically .. perhaps the strongest purest in Marvel (beside a very angry Hulk... and of course..the .. HULK KILLER HUMANOID)

ANGRY HERCULES..... indeed.... is more than .. awesome

eek!

Betageuze
IMMORTAL HERCULES.. is .. physically.. the only guy.. who a Mindless or Savage Hulk will respect...
because.. he is nearly his own level

Immortal Hercules gave Hulk a run for his money
i would love to see a match between

IMMORTAL HERCULES vs. GLADIATOR (well confident)

wow.... what a battle

2 very self-confident individuals

srankmissingnin
... Whats with all the ellipses?

Apolloknight
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
... Whats with all the ellipses?

Its.......the in thing.....talking.....like William Shatner.....can....get......enough.

Betageuze
to srankmissingnin:

you are watching at... a really Marvel comic fan... guy....

i dont know very much about.... because i am no child any more.... to old.. and to less time... to really know about what happen in present in the comic lines...

but..... i was a big fan .. of the "good old comic times"

the good old stories..... "its clobberin time".......
"nobody is stronger than Hulk.. nobody"

i loved.. to "smell" the pages of the good old comic books....

i like it very much.. to remember this good times.... when i and 2 friends each week walked to the comic shop... 10kilometres... by feet... to get the newest ones.. of MARVEL

this were the 80ies.....

good old Marvel Time....

god bless Stan Lee

Tron

Firelord equal to Surfer? Who lied to you? huh

Anyway, I don't see why you keep mentioning Hulk respecting Hercules, cause Surfer's owned Hulk every time they've met. Surfer is out of Hercules' league.

Soljer
Originally posted by Tron
Firelord equal to Surfer? Who lied to you? huh

Anyway, I don't see why you keep mentioning Hulk respecting Hercules, cause Surfer's owned Hulk every time they've met. Surfer is out of Hercules' league.

Indeed.

Not only is the Surfer potentially stronger than Hercules, it wouldn't even matter if he had the strength of an average human.

Let me explain:

The...power...cosmic, the power....cosmic is...just...just too...amazing. Too...amazing...Hercules...while...strong, while strong....is nothing.....nothing to Surfer....

Not...not a thing....

aliveinboston
Originally posted by Soljer
Indeed.

Not only is the Surfer potentially stronger than Hercules, it wouldn't even matter if he had the strength of an average human.

Let me explain:

The...power...cosmic, the power....cosmic is...just...just too...amazing. Too...amazing...Hercules...while...strong, while strong....is nothing.....nothing to Surfer....

Not...not a thing....

Not in the Marvel Universe but in yours, well, seems anything goes.

In Marvel's books, Hercules is a physical match for Thor, who, according to the publisher of these comics, is one of the most physically powerful beings in the entire universe.

Thor has repeatedly manhandled the Surfer. The only difference between Hercules and Thor is that Hercules is much a more skilled grappler. He would have the surfer (and maybe even Thor) twisted into a pretzel before he knew what was going on. And if the surfer didnt relent, Hercules would bend him in two till his shiny skin cracked like an egg. That is the way the Marvel universe has worked for decades. You are welcome to make the surfer as powerful as you want in your universe, just dont confuse that with decades of Marvel history.

If you want to compare the power cosmic with the power of Marvel's gods, look no further than Beta Ray Bill's mini series.

Tron
Originally posted by aliveinboston

In Marvel's books, Hercules is a physical match for Thor, who, according to the publisher of these comics, is one of the most physically powerful beings in the entire universe.

Thor has repeatedly manhandled the Surfer. The only difference between Hercules and Thor is that Hercules is much a more skilled grappler. He would have the surfer (and maybe even Thor) twisted into a pretzel before he knew what was going on. And if the surfer didnt relent, Hercules would bend him in two till his shiny skin cracked like an egg. That is the way the Marvel universe has worked for decades. You are welcome to make the surfer as powerful as you want in your universe, just dont confuse that with decades of Marvel history.

If you want to compare the power cosmic with the power of Marvel's gods, look no further than Beta Ray Bill's mini series.

You're right, Hercules like Thor, is one of the Earth's most powerful heroes, PHYSICALLY. But, unlike Thor, he doesn't wield a decent amount of magic, or one of the most powerful weapons in the Marvel U. Hercules' strength and fighting skills don't help him here. Surfer could leave Hercules in a smoldering crater, or turn him into a Fig Newton. He's outclassed by the power Cosmic.

And, the only thing making Hercules similar to Beta Ray Bill, like Thor, is strength.

Soljer

*laughs*

Your point? We have never seen the Surfer's lifting feats, but we know he is class 100 at a base, and can amp it to potentially unlimited levels with the power cosmic.

But as I said, it wouldn't matter if the Surfer had an average human's strength. He can fly around at hundreds of times the speed of light, and, as TRON said, leave (what's left of) Hercules in a smoking crater.

HisMajestyAC43
umm surfer, pwnzrs hercules. there are way too many ways he could do it. the only thing herc has got going for him is strength, and that is possibly matched by the surfer. when you add the rest of surfer's abilities, herc goes down faster than you can say... well he's already down.

Rols
Cant really compare Thor and Herc. Herc. just doesnt have the versatility that Thors has. SS wins 10/10

Acrosurge

Thor has repeatedly manhandled the Surfer. The only difference between Hercules and Thor is that Hercules is much a more skilled grappler. He would have the surfer (and maybe even Thor) twisted into a pretzel before he knew what was going on. And if the surfer didnt relent, Hercules would bend him in two till his shiny skin cracked like an egg. That is the way the Marvel universe has worked for decades. You are welcome to make the surfer as powerful as you want in your universe, just dont confuse that with decades of Marvel history. It seems you are ignoring a good bit of Marvel history.

1. Hercules has never been Thor's physical superior. Equal, maybe. Their physical battles are usually stalemates, and Thor gets the advantage when he starts drawing on Mjolnir.

2. Thor has never "manhandled" the Surfer in an even fight. There have always been extenuating circumstances every time they've been in combat against each other; powerups, mind-control, and so forth.

3. Surfer is not at a disadvantage in purely physical combat. He has dominated Classic Abomination (Surfer was weakened at the time), traded blows with a Gladiator/Unipowered Krosakis, knocked Lunatik silly, and recently, held his own against Hulk and his team of superhuman Gladiators.

And all of this before Surfer's recent Annihilation power up. Hercules will not be cracking the Surfer like an egg anytime soon in the Marvel Universe.

olympian
Tron and some other gents are correct. The reason Thor does consistantly so well against Surfer its because of his raw power and versability, that Hercules barring some mystical gear (ala myth) doesnt have.

galan7777777
IMMORTAL HERCULES.. is .. physically.. the only guy.. who a Mindless or Savage Hulk will respect...
because.. he is nearly his own level

Immortal Hercules gave Hulk a run for his money
i would love to see a match between

IMMORTAL HERCULES vs. GLADIATOR (well confident)

wow.... what a battle

2 very self-confident individuals gladiator would win if he was confident as u say, his power is unlimited as long as he believes it is.......and hercs brute powers would be no match for surfer's power cosmic, surfer takes this one easily

MJOILNIR
Originally posted by olympian
Tron and some other gents are correct. The reason Thor does consistently so well against Surfer its because of his raw power and versability, that Hercules barring some mystical gear (ala myth) doesnt have.
Well said. Outside of Thanos Thor has probably been surfers toughest opponent consistently. Thor did defeat SS in the blood and thunder series without help(no powerup despite what people think), he just wasnt holding back. Even surfer said so. Poor Herc has the physical means but not the while package it takes to stand up to SS.

galan7777777
and also remember that hulk respects herc because of his brute strength, but surfer could beat herc with his other incredible powers, brute strength wouldnt play a part in this fight

Dinalfos
Originally posted by galan7777777
and also remember that hulk respects herc because of his brute strength, but surfer could beat herc with his other incredible powers, brute strength wouldnt play a part in this fight

Which Hulk are you talking about?

galan7777777
well betaguese or whatever said that savage hulk respects herc because herc is so strong, and i was saying that even if he does thats the reason why

Acrosurge
Originally posted by MJOILNIR
Thor did defeat SS in the blood and thunder series without help(no powerup despite what people think). Not trying to go too far off topic, so a short answer will suffice, but why do you say that? Has it not been stated that Warrior Madness is Thor X10 of his usual strength? That seems like a powerup to me. What's your opinion?

Rols
Not to go off topic but if you remember when both BRB and SS beat down WMThor and was on the Ground BRB said to SS That Thor drew strength from the madness. Which makes me beleived that he grows stronger as the madness progress.

Soljer
Originally posted by Acrosurge
Not trying to go too far off topic, so a short answer will suffice, but why do you say that? Has it not been stated that Warrior Madness is Thor X10 of his usual strength? That seems like a powerup to me. What's your opinion?

I get tired of hearing that thrown around so often. I'm pretty sure, NO ONE, on panel has EVER stated that Warrior Madness Thor is ten times as strong as a normal Thor.

If someone can post a scan, I'd be happy to reconsider, till then, it's bullshit made up by a fanboy long ago, that just got passed off again and again.

That said, Surfer is superior to Thor, who is superior to Hercules.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Soljer
I get tired of hearing that thrown around so often. I'm pretty sure, NO ONE, on panel has EVER stated that Warrior Madness Thor is ten times as strong as a normal Thor.

If someone can post a scan, I'd be happy to reconsider, till then, it's bullshit made up by a fanboy long ago, that just got passed off again and again.

That said, Surfer is superior to Thor, who is superior to Hercules. Disregarding the X10 business, Warrior Madness Thor has been stated to draw strength from his madness and has been shown to be stronger than his 'normal' self. That being the case, I would consider WM to be a powerup, just like King or Rune Thor are a powerup over Classic Thor.

That's as far off topic as I'll go. Does anyone have a way that Hercules would gain a majority win over the Silver Surfer? Would he not have to be as strong as WM Thor or Thanos to do so? I just don't see Herc at those levels, Immortal or otherwise.

MJOILNIR
Warrior madness Thor is not. However, berserk Thor is and its on panel. Stated so by Thor. It was in a comic during the onslaught saga. Thor was talking to Jane Foster and red Norvell about going Berserk or putting on the bear shirt. He said in this state he was totally mindless and was 10x as strong as he normally is. I dont have a scan but trust me its there.

MJOILNIR
I dont doubt that the insanity during the B&T saga made him more resiliant but I think the big benifit was to stop holding back and fighting like he meant it.

Rols
Nothing was said about him 10x stronger in the comics but he was diffinetly drawing strength from his madness like BRB said in comic panel.

MJOILNIR
Originally posted by Rols
Nothing was said about him 10x stronger in the comics but he was diffinetly drawing strength from his madness like BRB said in comic panel.
No, doubt wink I think that it was akin to an adrenalin surge like insane and physcotic people(or strung out) will get when they feel threatned ect. The only time in a comic the 10x str has been mentioned is in the onslaught saga. To my knowledge anyway. It is there though. I wish I could post it but I dont remember the book or have a scanner. I know thiers a lot of people who probably dont believe it.

aliveinboston
Originally posted by Rols
Not to go off topic but if you remember when both BRB and SS beat down WMThor and was on the Ground BRB said to SS That Thor drew strength from the madness. Which makes me beleived that he grows stronger as the madness progress.

Actually, SS never beat down Thor, BRB did, and it was revealed later that it was not warrior madness but simply lunacy derived from all the mind jobs odin put thor through.

BTW, berserker rage, which is said to boost strength by 10x is not a "powerup" any more than Hulk's "rage" is a powerup. In fact, it is less so, being that all Berserker rage is is a stripping away of inhibitions to get to a mindless savage state.

Soljer
I'm not doubting that a Warrior Madness Thor is stronger than a regular old Thor. I just don't think "Ten times" is entirely accurate, considering the regular showings.

Besides that, we know that a LOT of the Onslaught saga had some holes in it....just ask Newjak about Juggernaut in the Onslaught saga wink.

Also, my point about Warrior Madness not being ten times Thor wasn't said to take anything away from Thor, but rather, ADD to it. I believe Thor is incredibly powerful, yet, he holds back constantly.

Warrior Madness Thor isn't a power-up, it's not some extra-dimensional gift, it is simply a normal Thor, who loses his inhibitions. In fact, pretty much any Thor vs. thread should take Warrior Madness into account, considering that the combatants are supposed to be fighting at the best of their ability. Meaning, if we are to take a hulk that is enraged, we should take a Thor that is in warrior madness.

Just my opinion though :-/. And Thor hardly relates to this thread, except for the fact that he is Hercules' equal in strength. In actual combat, Thor would murder Hercules through versatility, even if they are matched in strength.

Just like the Surfer would murder Hercules through versatility, even if they are arguably matched in strength.

MJOILNIR
When I was talking about Thor explaining the "berserk" state I should mention that I dont know of any time he has actually used it in a comic. It is a mythologocal consistant of Thor and a historical consistant of the vikings though. Like I said, I dont know of it ever being used on panel. I did like that mythological refernce though and would love to see it done on panel.
Oh and sorry Betagueze for getting off topic on your thread.

bigbran
hulk killer huminiod takes it.

Jyppe
Some guy once said that Hercules is potentially strongest one in the marvel universe, or something similiar (Superman vs Herc thread). I think he said Hercules is stronger than Thanos *Rolls eyes* big grin

Anywayz, Hercules' only chance would be if Surfer forgot all of his other powers and decided to slugfest Herc. (Without using super speed though) Herc's stats are remarkable, but he lacks the ranged attacks, speed and flight. These are essential against "Superman- Characters".

Soljer
Originally posted by Jyppe
Some guy once said that Hercules is potentially strongest one in the marvel universe, or something similiar (Superman vs Herc thread). I think he said Hercules is stronger than Thanos *Rolls eyes* big grin

Anywayz, Hercules' only chance would be if Surfer forgot all of his other powers and decided to slugfest Herc. (Without using super speed though) Herc's stats are remarkable, but he lacks the ranged attacks, speed and flight. These are essential against "Superman- Characters".

Ugh, I hate it when people compare Superman to the Surfer.

I mean, Superman may be getting random, idiotic powers from out of nowhere, but he will NEVER be as versatile as the Surfer is. The Power Cosmic is FAR superior to kryptonian DNA. In every way, shape, and form.

Rols
Actually, SS never beat down Thor, BRB did, and it was revealed later that it was not warrior madness but simply lunacy derived from all the mind jobs odin put thor through.

SS never beat Thor but both BRB and SS (mostly BRB did the damage)
beat Thor and was in the ground while BRB explained to SS what has happened, Thor drew more strength in the madness and round 2 started.

Did not know that.. kinda like Wolverine berserker rage then. What # of Onslaught saga was this mentioned?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.