Anybody have really good things to share about POTC3????(may contain spoilers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

diddly-dum
Does ANYBODY know ANYTHING GOOD about POTC3????
Pistures are fine too,...
~Thanx

diddly-dum
Fine, I'll start.
I was on the actual island that they filmed POTC2 (or 3) on.

sccch
Here are some pics.

diddly-dum
cool. Did you ever want to actually be on the ship from the movie?? I was !!!!

sccch
and another.

diddly-dum
How in the world do you get pics on here??!! I keep trying to get some of mine, and t says file is to big!!!

sccch
I just click on the button. Mine aren't too big, but I don't know how to put up multiple ones up. sad

diddly-dum
see, I try that. I'm wondering if it's because they are my own pics....

jdl1224
try uploading them to imageshack.us or something. (if you think its because they are yours) then try putting them up.

diddly-dum
I tried that. But it ALWAYS says its too big. Is it because they are my personal photos??

sccch
confused

diddly-dum
Is there anything else I can do that doesn't involve downloading a program(imageshack.us,ect)? My mom would KILL me!giljotiini hang

sccch
eek

diddly-dum
Long story short,.. to many downloads = computer crashing.
So no more downloads

sccch
not good.jawdrop I'll just put up the website I got the pics from.
http://potc-online.net/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=6&page=5

diddly-dum
Coolio. Thanx!

sccch
angel_not

diddly-dum
smile

jdl1224
you dont download imageshack- you just upload your pics onto the website.

diddly-dum
But then how do I get the pics from there to here??

jdl1224
put the direct link on here. i think we would be able to go to the URL. but thats if you cant get it up here.

diddly-dum
I'll try it. Just I can't right now! Bummer

tia dalma
Will, Liz, Barbossa and Tia sail to the orient and confront Sao Feng for charts to World's End. The crew sail off the dge of the world and find Jack lying dead on the black pearl. Tia brings him back to life. Liz is captured by Sao Feng. Norrington is now an admiral and controls Davy. He goes after Jack. While the EITC get a huge fleet and try to rid the world of pirates.

diddly-dum
Did you find this off wikipedia?

evilm0nki3
From Ohjohnny.net-

There are no plans to change "Pirates of the Caribbean" to "Pirates of the West Desert." Nonetheless, The Tooele Transcript-Bulletin has confirmed that Johnny Depp and the crew of the blockbuster film franchise were at the Bonneville Salt Flats Friday filming a scene for the upcoming third installment.

Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman had a secret lunch at the Salt Flats Friday. He met with the cast and crew of the next installment of "The Pirates of the Caribbean" series, which wrapped a one-day filming engagement near Wendover.

Amid the vast and bright blankness of the dry lake bed, a huge caravan of semi-truck trailers and catering tents interrupted the bare landscape. Crew were deconstructing the bow of the film's most famous ship, the Black Pearl, Friday around 2 p.m. Workers confirmed that filming had ended for the day and that Huntsman had paid a visit.

Michael Singer is the unit publicist for the film whose working title is "Pirates of the Caribbean 3." He confirmed that the Salt Flats did play host to the film's crew as well as director Gore Verbinsky and its star Johnny Depp. None of the other stars, including Orlando Bloom, Kiera Knightly or Chow Yun-Fat were in Utah.

The film takes place (no surprises here) in the waters of the Caribbean Sea. For several months, the cast and crew filmed scenes for the second and third installment in the waters off the coast of Grand Bahama Island. Singer said he could not comment on how the bright-white desert landscape plays into the script.

"I can't talk about the content, but for the purposes that we required I can say that the Bonneville Salt Flats presented a perfect location," Singer said in an interview Monday. "And all the officials, from the governor, BLM and film commission were really absolutely great to work with."

With only a one-day film schedule, the Salt Flats aren't likely to play a pivotal role in the film, but Singer said locals will be able to identify the scenes that were shot here.

"For those familiar with the Salt Flats, certainly, there will be some recognition factor," he said.

On-set Friday, a man who identified himself as a member of the locations crew referred to the production company's exclusive use permit with the Bureau of Land Management and very politely asked the staff of The Tooele Transcript-Bulletin to leave the Salt Flats. He said only media representatives with clearance from the publicist are allowed on set.

Prior to being asked to leave, however, a crew member confirmed that Gov. Huntsman had visited the set. According to the crew member, Huntsman "sat down, had lunch, bull s
and left."

Huntsman's communications coordinator, Lisa Roskelly, said Monday that the governor's office could not comment on the meeting, regardless of whether filming had wrapped.

"We told the organization that we wouldn't talk about it at all," she said without confirming any details of the meeting at all. "From the governor's perspective, it was a confidential economic development meeting."

Utah Film Commission director Aaron Lee Syrett did not return phone calls by press time. Ray Kelsey, the BLM representative who manages permits for the Salt Flats echoed the governor's vow of silence, but opened up when given confirmation that Singer had spoken openly about the filming. Concerning secret permit practices by the BLM, Kelsey had this to say.

"If we don't honor some of these confidentiality issues that come up with these groups, they probably wouldn't come out and film here," he said. "In some cases it is when you have media calling and trying to find out what's going on and you got celebrities out there who are concerned about paparazzi and trying to keep secret while they are shooting to prevent the public from knowing until the time it is released."

Despite telephone calls Friday, the governor's staff was reluctant to explain where Huntsman was, or perhaps they themselves were unaware.

The Tooele Transcript-Bulletin became aware of the governor's engagement in Tooele County by overhearing chatter on a police scanner regarding his movements and transmissions that also mentioned the Utah Film Commission. That the movie was Pirates of the Caribbean became obvious when the figurehead of the Black Pearl was spotted, still half-erected, on the Salt Flats about three to five miles north of the end of the access road.

According to police scanner conversation, around 12:30 p.m. the governor arrived in Wendover. Huntsman's weekly schedule indicated he would be in a meeting with this chief of staff at that time. No location of the meeting was provided on the schedule.

Tooele County sheriff's dispatch was participating in the radio conversation that was tracking the governor's movement, but denied any knowledge of his whereabouts when contacted Friday around noon.

After calls were made to the governor's office, the Tooele County Sheriff's office and Tooele County dispatch, the radio transmission changed.

"We just got word that the news media is picking up on this," a voice said, and advised that no more details should be shared about the governor's movements. No more than 10 minutes later, however, in thinly-veiled code, a voice said "the eagle has landed."

Singer said he appreciated the secrecy but was not concerned that details will be revealed now.

"We just wanted to do our work as quietly as possible with as few distractions," Singer said. " certainly would draw a crowd ... If it had become a tourist attraction it wouldn't have helped anybody. Nobody, including law enforcement, wants thousands of people trouping about."

The bigger question is why has the secrecy continued even now after the filming is done.

"Of course, we're finished in the Salt Flats," Singer said. "That is the only reason I'm able to talk to you about it now. If you had contacted me Friday, mum would have been the word."

The film's director Gore Verbinsky told Rolling Stone magazine that filming will continue at least through September when Keith Richards is set to tape a cameo.

Singer said there is no date for completion of the film.

Kelsey said the film crew was very responsible for the delicate Salt Flats landscape.

"They were very cognizant of the environmental sensitivity of the Salt Flats," he said. "They kept their set very clean. They did everything we asked to minimize the impact of the salt."

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/stheartgrenade/sand.jpg

I'm guessing it's for Davy Jones Locker? Hmmmmm

diddly-dum
Interesting. But I think the pic isn't davyJ locker..

sccch
That looks like the 'PEARL'!

diddly-dum
now that you mention it, it does look like the pearl. especialy if you watch the begining of POTC1

evilm0nki3
It IS the pearl. That's what the article was about...let me peatse what it said beside the picture...

sccch
Ohhh.

evilm0nki3
I was saying that the desert might be for Davy Jones locker because it is a big desert...like it is described everywhere on the internet..and the picture is with the article...did I say that? idk..

diddly-dum
Makes sense.

nehaa
yeah

sccch
The desert is Jack's Purgatory,which has HUGE crabs. The 'Pearl' is also there.

diddly-dum
makes sense

sccch
Looks like these are for the 3rd one.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/robthmsfan20/Johnny%20Depp/potc2_004.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/robthmsfan20/Johnny%20Depp/potc2_001.jpg

diddly-dum
who's yellow and red??

sccch
Scarlett and Giselle. the ones that slapped him in the first movie.

diddly-dum
RIGHT!!hysterical laughing

sccch
I guess he has a little...run in with them.

diddly-dum
UH OH!

sccch
I guess we're getting a little bit...offtopic

diddly-dum
Maybe,.. just abit,...
You can whip us back into topic,.. whip

LovelyOne
Originally posted by sccch
I guess he has a little...run in with them.

YEah lol..theres was another pic where they are filming gissele slapping him... laughing out loud

diddly-dum
LOL laughing

sccch
I saw that a few days ago, and I was looking for it.

diddly-dum
Now you have it??

sccch
No...still looking.

diddly-dum
Wish I could help,... can't today though

sccch
FOUND THEM!!
http://www.ohjohnny.net/potc2/set088.jpg
http://www.ohjohnny.net/potc2/set089.jpg
http://www.ohjohnny.net/potc2/set075.jpg

LovelyOne
I hope to god that Disney don't destroy our dreams by doing what they always do (stupid fairytale ending) and cheaply making Jack end up with those 2 at the end of the movie cuz he loses Liz to Will..It wouldn't be credible at ALL mad people will feel sold out..Jack didnt get what he wanted..if he ends up with those 2

sccch
Oh I HIGHLY doubt that will happen.

diddly-dum
Cool picks, glad you found them!

evilm0nki3
Shoots: August 3, 2006 - Nov. 30, 2006
Locations: Los Angeles, Palmdale, Long Beach

CaptinJackLover
where did you find that out?

evilm0nki3
ohjohnny.net is where i find everything lol

CaptinJackLover
haha cool. *goes to website and stares at the wonderful johnny* *comes back here* ....its my new favorite site! big grin big grin big grin

sccch
I know, isn't it great!

CaptinJackLover
yes its the best! johnny rocks my socks! Happy Dance

evilm0nki3
That's going to be funny. Jack gets slapped yet again ha ha

CaptinJackLover
hahha thats so sad. i kinda feel bad for him. his face must really hurt by now

sccch
I just realized that Will never gave Jack Scarlett's slap from the 2nd movie. laughing out loud

CaptinJackLover
LOL! he probably felt bad for him. but then again if someone slapped me so i could give it to someone else. I definatley would, especially if it hurt.

bat14
Do you know, how the monsters will look like ?

sccch
Monsters?

evilm0nki3
From Ohjohnny.net- (kinda funny)

From Sande Alessi's site and from Johnny Depp Reads (thank you Karen):
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN III-OLD AFRICAN AMERICAN & ASIAN PIRATES
Feature Film
SAG

Casting Director: Sande Alessi
Start Date: 9/7/2006
Shoot/Start Date: September 7 thru 11th, 2006
Pay Rate: 126/8 + time and 1/2 for overtime
Submission Instructions: Immediatley - fitting today

VERY OLD LONG HAIRED PIRATES ]
Must be VERY CHARACTER and SKINNY!!!! Serial Killer looks. Age 60+. Do not submit pix with wigs....

This is Featured Background work. To be part of a Core Pirate group. Sag or non-union is okay. BUT must speak French Fluently. Possible upgrade.

Real French males that fluently speak French. Must be really skinny, charactor looking, serial killer types. A quote from the director, 'I need French Crack heads.' That's the look we are
going for.

PIRATES ]
Males, age 18-50. EXTREMELY SKINNY, character faces, good actors. Possible principal upgrades. Must be avail to work multiple weeks. We need African, French, Middle Eastern, South American and Asian.

Males, age 18-40. Must be very pale and British/Aryan looking, clean cut, short hair.

Females age 18-50. Must have real breasts. Must be very pale and British looking. We need African, French, Middle Eastern, South American and Asian.

60+. Must have wrinkles and a character face.

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN 3 - INDIAN/PAKASTANI SIKHS
Feature Film
SAG (will accept non-union as well)

EAST INDIAN/PAKISTANI SIKHS ]
Male, 18-100. Must be a REAL Sikh - with the turban and all. Especially need older character faces.

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN 3 /Stand-ins/Photo Doubles
Feature Film
SAG
(will accept non-union as well)

Casting Director: Sande Alessi/Kristan Berona/Mike Passine
Interviews: Soon
Shoots: TBD
Pay Rate: SAG Double Rate-$141/8

A well-proportioned 4'5 male, Caucasian, 25-35 years old. Complete measurements include Ht: 4'5, Wt: 80-90lbs, suit: 14b, Waist: 24.5-26, shirt: 14b, shoe: 6.5-7, Neck: 12.5 hat: 22, Glove: 7. Please meet as close to these specs as possible before submitting. Actor's name is Peter Badalementi

Skinny Caucasian male, 50's-60's, Will be wigged. Weathered, deep lines, character look. Ht: 5'9-5'10 waist: 33, chest: 38, Neck: 15. Actor is Keith Richards. Submit like types.

FoxMeister
The bit near the end when Jack Sparrow shoots the falling barrel was a cool bullet-timee moment and at the end when it takes 5 minutes for Jack to jump in the octupusses mouth was very sad sad Overall a good movie

diddly-dum
Originally posted by evilm0nki3
From Ohjohnny.net- (kinda funny)

From Sande Alessi's site and from Johnny Depp Reads (thank you Karen):
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN III-OLD AFRICAN AMERICAN & ASIAN PIRATES
Feature Film
SAG

Casting Director: Sande Alessi
Start Date: 9/7/2006
Shoot/Start Date: September 7 thru 11th, 2006
Pay Rate: 126/8 + time and 1/2 for overtime
Submission Instructions: Immediatley - fitting today

VERY OLD LONG HAIRED PIRATES ]
Must be VERY CHARACTER and SKINNY!!!! Serial Killer looks. Age 60+. Do not submit pix with wigs....

This is Featured Background work. To be part of a Core Pirate group. Sag or non-union is okay. BUT must speak French Fluently. Possible upgrade.

Real French males that fluently speak French. Must be really skinny, charactor looking, serial killer types. A quote from the director, 'I need French Crack heads.' That's the look we are
going for.

PIRATES ]
Males, age 18-50. EXTREMELY SKINNY, character faces, good actors. Possible principal upgrades. Must be avail to work multiple weeks. We need African, French, Middle Eastern, South American and Asian.

Males, age 18-40. Must be very pale and British/Aryan looking, clean cut, short hair.

Females age 18-50. Must have real breasts. Must be very pale and British looking. We need African, French, Middle Eastern, South American and Asian.

60+. Must have wrinkles and a character face.

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN 3 - INDIAN/PAKASTANI SIKHS
Feature Film
SAG (will accept non-union as well)

EAST INDIAN/PAKISTANI SIKHS ]
Male, 18-100. Must be a REAL Sikh - with the turban and all. Especially need older character faces.

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN 3 /Stand-ins/Photo Doubles
Feature Film
SAG
(will accept non-union as well)

Casting Director: Sande Alessi/Kristan Berona/Mike Passine
Interviews: Soon
Shoots: TBD
Pay Rate: SAG Double Rate-$141/8

A well-proportioned 4'5 male, Caucasian, 25-35 years old. Complete measurements include Ht: 4'5, Wt: 80-90lbs, suit: 14b, Waist: 24.5-26, shirt: 14b, shoe: 6.5-7, Neck: 12.5 hat: 22, Glove: 7. Please meet as close to these specs as possible before submitting. Actor's name is Peter Badalementi

Skinny Caucasian male, 50's-60's, Will be wigged. Weathered, deep lines, character look. Ht: 5'9-5'10 waist: 33, chest: 38, Neck: 15. Actor is Keith Richards. Submit like types.

They litterally put the shooting dates on the internet??

diddly-dum
This maybe off topic, but do you guys have like a schedule to come on here? 'Cause it seems like a group comes and leaves and another group takes their spot,.. just curious...

sccch
I come on here anytime I can.

diddly-dum
I come on here when I'm bored,.. or got nothin better to do than talk about Pirates! wink

CaptinJackLover
i come on whenever i can

diddly-dum
I guess you can now! lol wink

CaptinJackLover
lol. i can come on a lot. i have no life. lol jkjk

diddly-dum
I can see,.. all ya going on and on and on about Jack Sparrow! lol wink

CaptinJackLover
lol. well how can you not talk about him?!

diddly-dum
*shrugging*
well, one of my friends would love this site!

CaptinJackLover
me too

diddly-dum
CJL I love you sig. pic!

CaptinJackLover
lol. thanx!

diddly-dum
where did you get it??

CaptinJackLover
www.iconator.com i searched under pirates of the caribbean avatars. they have lots of good ones on that site!

diddly-dum
cool, thanx!

CaptinJackLover
welcome!

diddly-dum
No what do we talk about??

CaptinJackLover
hmmm....whats on your mind about pirates??

diddly-dum
i don't know,.. I'm thinking I should be getting ready for when my grandma picks me up at 11:00am...
Naw,...

CaptinJackLover

diddly-dum
interesting....

evilm0nki3
i read about Jack and someone else...barbossa or davy jones...have a sword fight in an 8 foot crow's nest. I am excited about that. Sounds very awesome! haha

diddly-dum
SOUNDS SOOOOOO COOL! I wanna see it!!Jumpy

evilm0nki3
PICTURES! eek! from ohjohnny.net

http://www.ohjohnny.net/potc2/potc3020.jpg

http://www.ohjohnny.net/potc2/potc3019.jpg

Is that Keira? I can't tell. It sorta looks like her, and they got it from a Keira website..

tia dalma
Hey found out Will does go evil. He makes a deal with the EITC then with Captain Sao Feng to capture Jack, But Jack persuade shim to take Liz instead or something like that.
i know i said it on the other forum but it's so sweet, Jack asks "Did anyone come to rescue me because they miss me" and the crew go silent then Jack the monkey raises his paw.

CaptinJackLover
will goes evil?! o its going to me a really interesting movie! i cant wait!

evilm0nki3
Where'd you find it out? Aw that's cute! The monkey raises his paw lol

CaptinJackLover
i think she found it at ohjohnny.net

i saw it there so mabe she did. i dont know

evilm0nki3
oh! i go there all the time. i didnt see it..well i did read he does flip out and kill three people. was that it?

CaptinJackLover
he does?!

evilm0nki3
idk. hehe i read it somehwere but i cant find it!

CaptinJackLover
AHHH! PLZ FIND OUT WHERE YOU READ IT! I MUST KNOW! big grin

diddly-dum
Same here! The monkey thing is pretty cute though!

willofthewisp
What's this about Will killing 3 people? Villains? because if he kills Jack, Liz, and Barbosa, story's over. No more money for Disney, no more great story for us. Hasn't he killed villains? Anybody keeping track of the death count? confused confused

diddly-dum
he killed some cursed pirates in the first one,...

evilm0nki3
I think it said he kills davy beckett and sao feng I THINK i tried to find it via google but i couldnt...maybe it was taken off the website when they realized how wrong they were...i thought it was on ohjohnny.net....*sighs* ive been saying this alot lately..im senile... wacko

diddly-dum
Its okay, they have been taking lots of stuff off,... it confuses all of us

D_Shiznitdog
Here's a picture of Sao Feng's ship, the "Empress".

diddly-dum
she's a beauty!

Jack of Blades
well i cant say anything righ now but when i see her on water then we can tal about it

diddly-dum
ruin the fun you do!

Jack of Blades
Now your some yoda?my opinion that is

diddly-dum
I DIDN'T TRY!!!

evilm0nki3
AH! I love his ship! It is so prettyfull! It looks like a japanese ship haha...but its chinese...

diddly-dum
It looks like a Chinese junk.

evilm0nki3
it needs cleaned. its got dirt on it...

diddly-dum
well, it is sitting in sand!

evilm0nki3
yah...i guess thats why...haha...i like the red sails...very oriental-ish...

diddly-dum
doh

D_Shiznitdog
Here's another angle.

I got these here:
http://www.the-bahama-islands.com/piratesofcaribbean.html#tee

It has more pictures of the actual ships.

diddly-dum
Bahamas??? POO! I was just there for Christmas!!

bat14
i don't understand the language but the pictures are good.
http://www.filmbyen.net/news.php?do=show&id=1098&PHPSESSID=3b6dd505b6d57db6d885a398167ee59d

evilm0nki3
I wonder why he has a mushroom in his ear?

bat14
yeah, he has them on his whole face. i think p3 plays in the jungle. so perhaps they are jungle-men like the underwater-men

evilm0nki3
ooo. that would be different.....jungles are fun haha

Jcksparrows
That guy reminded me of the dudes on the Flying Dutchman, only mushroom style instead of barnicle style.

D_Shiznitdog
Here's the pictures for anyone who hasn't seen them.

D_Shiznitdog
Chinese!

D_Shiznitdog
I just realized by looking at that Bahamas website (which is about shooting on the second and third films) that the Dauntless is in some of the pictures. I guess it will play a part in the third movie.

SparrowSavvy
Now, this thread already has spoiler warnings on it so...

I've heard something implied in an interview with Naomi Harris that Tia Dalma is in fact...

Calypso?

Now a sea nymph is definately someone Davy Jones would tear out his heart over.

diddly-dum
Originally posted by bat14
yeah, he has them on his whole face. i think p3 plays in the jungle. so perhaps they are jungle-men like the underwater-men

curous,.. where did you get your sig???

D_Shiznitdog
Originally posted by SparrowSavvy
Now, this thread already has spoiler warnings on it so...

I've heard something implied in an interview with Naomi Harris that Tia Dalma is in fact...

Calypso?

Now a sea nymph is definately someone Davy Jones would tear out his heart over.

I heard that too. Did anyone else read the first 56 pages of the early draft for the third movie?

sccch
I dont know if this is good or bad. at http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808713062/cast

It says: Geoffrey Rush: Pirate Captain Barbossa/Captain Blackheart

diddly-dum
Ooh Blackheart??

sailorleo
it goes with your blackheart!!! ahahahahahaha lolololol

evilm0nki3
hahahhaha thtas funny.

i wonder what blackheart could mean 0_0

Chiki Mina
captain blackheart?? is it possible that he CHANGED his name to captain blackheart? since he is going to be on board w miss swan and the first movie, like u guys were talking earlier, she said"it goest to your black heart"..hmmm kinda makes u wanna think.

Jacky Sparrow
Why must so much person be killed??? It's said that:

According to rumors, James Norrington will be returned to his high-class status and promoted from his previous rank of Commodore to Admiral. He will have Davy Jones and his crew at his command, having captured Jones' heart in the second film. Some sources state he will be killed by Bootstrap Bill Turner, although others suggest he will redeem himself and join forces with Jack and company. Nothing has yet been confirmed about his character.

In the third film, it is believed that he and Norrington use the heart to make a deal with Davy Jones. In the third film, it will most likely show what Jack Sparrow did to him, as he says that "one has left a mark on the other". Jack could have made him a eunuch, which would be the result of, or the source of, his constant referencing of eunuchs. Some rumors say that Beckett will be killed by Davy Jones.

Little is known about the third movie, especially Barbossa's role , but based on his reappearance in the last film, it can be assumed that he will team up with Elizabeth Swann, Will Turner and the crew of the Black Pearl to rescue Jack Sparrow. In a brief segment of footage shown at 2006 Comic-Con, there was a shot of Barbossa and Sparrow dueling in the midst of a large-scale ship battle. Johnny Depp revealed that Barbossa gave his life up for Sparrow when the Kraken attacks, and when they're on another ship (not the Black Pearl).

You can find it at Wikipedia!

D_Shiznitdog
In the early script, Norrington was trying to get Elizabeth and some Chinese pirate captives off of the Flying Dutchman. Then, Bootstrap yells "Prisoner escape!" or something like that and stabs Norrington. I didn't really understand why Bootstrap stabbed him though.

CaptinJackLover
norri dies?!!?!? noooo!!!!!!

evilm0nki3
Hehe And the writers said they would think of a better way for him to die. smile

sailorleo
he better not die...i'd die....i need him to live DAMNIT!!!!!!!

sccch
NOOOOOOO!!!!! HE SHALL LIVE!!!!!!

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h82/toboesrain/together.jpg

diddly-dum
I like the wovesbig grin

jessigem
big grin we all do

diddly-dum
I like them more!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.