Asian Pics are FAKE

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jdl1224
I was on http://potc-online.net/ and they just posted that all the pics you see of Jack in asian costumes is FAKE.

Here's the Post:

Alright well I just just found out that the picture of Jack Sparrow in the Asian costume that everyone thought was from the third movie, is OFFICIALLY FAKE

Here is the email:

Now that Comic-Con is over and the costume debuted, the secret is finally being set forth to the public:

The Asian-costumed Jack pictures are...

FAKE

And, yes, this is 100% official.

Toby Markham, aka SithCamaro ( http://www.sithcamaro.com ), is one of the best (and IMHO, THE best) Jack Sparrow cosplayers around. He is well known for his astounding eye for detail and wonderful determination in making his costumes as accurate to the real costumes as possible. Many of his accessories (rings, belts, etc.) have even been created from casts he made off of screen-used items. He took second place in the Zizzle PotC Look-Alike Contest (he woulda taken first if it was based solely on costume).

Every costume he has made (and he has several various Depp character costumes) has taken months upon months to create and perfect, and tons of time, effort, and money to complete. As such, his latest endeavor was to mix things up; create an original-concept costume from his own imaginative mind.

As he has several "connections" to PotC, he of course has had the privilege of seeing things from the upcoming PotC movies before anyone else does. So, of course, he managed to see the Asian costume worn by Chow Yun-Fat as Sao Feng and an Asian costume Keira Knightley as Elizabeth Swann dons. Based on the basics of these costumes, Toby set out to create his own original-design Captain Jack costume: Jack in Singapore.

Once finished, he took pictures, as he does with all his costumes. Well, wondering what Johnny Depp as Jack would look in such a costume, Toby decided to do a little photoshopping just out of curiosity.

Then the pic of Chow with a fan popped up on the 'Net, and people began to really believe that the Asian Jack costume was for real, based on its similarity to Chow's costume. And not long after, an image of Keira in costume with a Dutch extra yet again reinforced everyone's belief that this just HAD to be for real. But of course, we didn't know that Toby'd already seen such costumes long before those pics of Chow and Keira surfaced, so we couldn't know that the correlation between those and the Asian Jack was different from what we thought.

But alas, it was not meant to be, and Toby debuted his costume to great effect at Comic-Con. Afterward he posted images on his cosplay.com gallery, and since he no longer had to keep the costume a secret, he could tell the true story behind the costume and the photoshopped pics.

Here's a picture of Toby:
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=775879
(and check out his comment here on what the Chinese characters on the chest mean)
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=775884

So, once and for all, the Asian Jack photos have been 100% debunked as 100% false.

Just to let you know that the pictures will be removed from this site ASAP

just thought I'd let you all know. confused

sccch
By saying that,your also saying this pic is a fake.

sccch
and this one. Right?

diddly-dum
so if those pics are fake, do you know where ther are real ones??
And DON'T give me anything off wikipedia!

sccch
But the last one I posted CAN'T be a fake. It has the crew and Jack and Barbossa don't see eachother in the 2nd one.

LovelyOne
well damn laughing out loud

there are also loads more pics of him in that costume confused

sccch
I saw Jack in that asian costume WAY before SithCamaro dressed as him.

diddly-dum
sccch is right.
Plus that does look like a new scene. Haven't seen it before in POTC1 or 2!

jdl1224
no. the ones in the ASIAN costume. in those other pics he's in the jack costume. I'm pretty sure those are real. but someone has the asian costume pic as a signature. idk who it is. i'll try to find it.

sccch
Originally posted by jdl1224
no. the ones in the ASIAN costume. in those other pics he's in the jack costume. I'm pretty sure those are real. but someone has the asian costume pic as a signature. idk who it is. i'll try to find it.

I've seen that picture BEFORE SithCamaro dressed as him.

diddly-dum
I'm lost.

jdl1224
"Toby decided to do a little photoshopping just out of curiosity."

i think he photoshoped johnny's face in. and he didn't release the pics of him until LATER.

sccch
We're talking about this.

diddly-dum
oh.
Now I get it!
Or atleast enough to pass a quiz. lol

jdl1224
Originally posted by sccch
We're talking about this.

"Just to let you know that the pictures will be removed from this site ASAP"

they obviously didn't know they were fake. look, all i know is that isnt the only website saying its OFFICIALLY FAKE.

diddly-dum
okay.

jdl1224
which sucks. because we all thought we were getting closer to the 3rd movie.

BEH!

sccch
Doesn't matter,I saved that pic to my computer. tongue vampire
Besides,a picture is a picture.

vegaofthelyre
Aww bummer. I found those Asian Jack to be unaccountably hot.. although I do love his original pirate costume more..

jdl1224
^^ same. smile

diddly-dum
wishi could ask my cousin's friend! She is a background actress!

sccch
I'm going to go ask SithCamaro and find out what's going on.

sccch
Here he is in the Asian costume.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-zq2IJ2UJY

diddly-dum
Who is SithCamaro?

sccch
Watch the vid. He's a REALLY good imitator of Jack.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-zq2IJ2UJY

jdl1224
the guy who made the costume and pictures.

diddly-dum
oh!him! my mom has him as a frind on myspace!!!!

sccch
Ok,this should clear things up. I just got a message from SithCamaro,here's what he said.
"There is only one in the world, and I made it. smile"

jdl1224
so yes, those pics are fake.

sccch
Yeah, but I sent him another message asking him where he came up with the idea.

jdl1224
he saw sao's (sp?) costume and keiras and tried to make up what jacks could look like.

diddly-dum
he did a pretty good job!

evilm0nki3
But I thought I read that they showed him in his asian costume in the clips from Comic-Con?

diddly-dum
Dunno, I'm kinda behind on this stuff.....

sccch
jdl1224, you said that the pictures were going to be taken down...they're still here.

jdl1224
what are you talking about?

sccch
'Just to let you know that the pictures will be removed from this site ASAP'

jdl1224
not THIS site. the site i got that from. they had the pics up of 'johnny' in that costume. they said theyd take those pics off asap because they found out they arent real.

diddly-dum
Originally posted by jdl1224
not THIS site. the site i got that from. they had the pics up of 'johnny' in that costume. they said theyd take those pics off asap because they found out they arent real.

I think she meant that site

jdl1224
i was quoting from this site: http://potc-online.net/

they have those pics in their gallery and they said theyd take them down asap.

diddly-dum
thats what I meant.

reverence
Has anyone got a big version of the photoshoped pic?? I used to have a copy of itsaved but my computer died and I lost it. I don't care if it is a fake I just wanna have a proper look at it.
thanks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.