magneto prime v.s. silver surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

galan7777777
before you say that surfer would win no problem, take in2 consideration that at his prime magneto was a being of almost pure energy able to open/close black holes, destroy planets, move at speeds far beyond light speed, and other cosmic feats.....and his magnetic powers can manipulate any kind of metal, he has used his power in the past to make the powerful apocalypse bow down and serve him......can surfer stand up to the full power of magneto? and for this fight magneto's telekensis blocking helmet cannot be removed

galan7777777
i hafta put this pic of wolverine getting annihilated by magneto on here for obvious reasons

DigiMark007
Erm, Magneto Prime is just a made-up term. Just making sure you know that. He reached a higher potential than he was at previously, but I never remember anyone calling him "Prime"

Surfer still wins. MP's a beast, but Surfer's still at the high end of cosmics. You have to get close to Skyfather to legitimately take him out.

galan7777777
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Erm, Magneto Prime is just a made-up term. Just making sure you know that. He reached a higher potential than he was at previously, but I never remember anyone calling him "Prime"

Surfer still wins. MP's a beast, but Surfer's still at the high end of cosmics. You have to get close to Skyfather to legitimately take him out. i mean magneto at his prime.....and he could use his magnetic powers against surfers metallic body

Soljer
Indeed. Anything that Magneto can do, the Surfer can do just as well/better/faster.

Plus the Surfer rocks out in every other way. Surfer makes the gap between Skyfather and Herald ever smaller, wink.

EDIT: Oh, and if you think the surfer's body is metal...well...

eek!

Whittdawg92
i don't think you gotta be skyfather, that's a bid exreme, but u gotta be like Thanos level at least.

batdude123
Magneto's my boy, but without a little back up, I don't see him winning this. no

Soljer
Originally posted by Whittdawg92
i don't think you gotta be skyfather, that's a bid exreme, but u gotta be like Thanos level at least.

Thanos is pretty damn near skyfather, friend. Many would argue that he is one of the lesser skyfathers.

Priest
Originally posted by Whittdawg92
thanos is way above silver surfers leauge. he hands surfer is ass everytime they have a confontation. Thanos is at skyfather tho. Like digi said, u have to be reachin skyfatherlevel to beat the Surfer.

galan7777777
Originally posted by Priest
thanos is way above silver surfers leauge. he hands surfer is ass everytime they have a confontation. Thanos is at skyfather tho. Like digi said, u have to be reachin skyfatherlevel to beat the Surfer. but remember u dont have 2 kill the opponent to beat them, and i think magneto's powers could alter surfers metallic body....i mean even when he wasent at his prime he still ripped apocalypse in half

Priest
Originally posted by galan7777777
but remember u dont have 2 kill the opponent to beat them, and i think magneto's powers could alter surfers metallic body....i mean even when he wasent at his prime he still ripped apocalypse in half

We dont even know what surfers body is comprised of. It may look like its metalic but probally not.

galan7777777
magneto at his most powerful can control the microscopin fields in space and use those to contain an enemy

Soljer
but remember u dont have 2 kill the opponent to beat them, and i think magneto's powers could alter surfers metallic body....i mean even when he wasent at his prime he still ripped apocalypse in half

What the f**k?

The Surfer's body is NOT metallic. Ever open a surfer comic?

Besides, even if it was, the Surfer could use his matter-manipulation powers and make his body ANYTHING else.

The surfer is far too powerful, and far too versatile for this. He wins, 10/10.

galan7777777
Originally posted by Soljer
What the f**k?

The Surfer's body is NOT metallic. Ever open a surfer comic?

Besides, even if it was, the Surfer could use his matter-manipulation powers and make his body ANYTHING else.

The surfer is far too powerful, and far too versatile for this. He wins, 10/10. i agree he could win, but not as easily as u think.......if u knew the pure energy version of magneto im talking about ud understand why

Soljer
i agree he could win, but not as easily as u think.......if u knew the pure energy version of magneto im talking about ud understand why

I know exactly who the combatants in this match are. Unlike some of us, who are ignorant enough to claim that the surfer is made of a metallic substance.

*sighs*

Surfer. 10/10.

manjaro
the only time i can think of mags at his prime was after he was transformed from a baby to an adult agin and he gained renewed youth along with the years of experience. yes its been thoerized that since he manipulates one of the fundamnetal forces of the universe he could be potentially limitless, but you gotta realize that 9 outta 10 times he's facing off aginat earth bound heroes and villians not that im sleeping on him, cuz joseph was the example of what magneto could be like without restraint and he did some pretty awesome things, so i say that a magneto in his prime would have a showing like God like cable, and hold his own properly b4 he gets his ass handed to him by SS

Priest
Originally posted by manjaro
the only time i can think of mags at his prime was after he was transformed from a baby to an adult agin and he gained renewed youth along with the years of experience. yes its been thoerized that since he manipulates one of the fundamnetal forces of the universe he could be potentially limitless, but you gotta realize that 9 outta 10 times he's facing off aginat earth bound heroes and villians not that im sleeping on him, cuz joseph was the example of what magneto could be like without restraint and he did some pretty awesome things, so i say that a magneto in his prime would have a showing like God like cable, and hold his own properly b4 he gets his ass handed to him by SS
co-signed

galan7777777
I know exactly who the combatants in this match are. Unlike some of us, who are ignorant enough to claim that the surfer is made of a metallic substance.

*sighs*

Surfer. 10/10. wow those were big words, can u please retype it in smaller words so the ignorant people on this site can read it?

galan7777777
Originally posted by manjaro
the only time i can think of mags at his prime was after he was transformed from a baby to an adult agin and he gained renewed youth along with the years of experience. yes its been thoerized that since he manipulates one of the fundamnetal forces of the universe he could be potentially limitless, but you gotta realize that 9 outta 10 times he's facing off aginat earth bound heroes and villians not that im sleeping on him, cuz joseph was the example of what magneto could be like without restraint and he did some pretty awesome things, so i say that a magneto in his prime would have a showing like God like cable, and hold his own properly b4 he gets his ass handed to him by SS it the past he has beaten jean as the phoenix

batdude123
IF you give Magneto in his prime enough time to summon his shields, then it got much more difficult for Silver Surfer. Magneto from that point could possibly summon 2/10 against the Surfer.

galan7777777
Originally posted by batdude123
IF you give Magneto in his prime enough time to summon his shields, then it got much more difficult for Silver Surfer. Magneto from that point could possibly summon 2/10 against the Surfer. of course he would have his shields, its him in his prime

batdude123
I know, but he still has to have time to think about putting them up.

galan7777777
I know, but he still has to have time to think about putting them up. in his pure energy state they are summoned at will (if he even needs them)

Soljer
IF you give Magneto in his prime enough time to summon his shields, then it got much more difficult for Silver Surfer. Magneto from that point could possibly summon 2/10 against the Surfer.

no

The surfer could drain the magnetic energy out of his shields. The same as others have done against Magneto in the past, just faster.

batdude123
That's great, but come to think of it, Silver Surfer isn't the speedblitzing type, so Mags WOULD have enough time to put his shields up. Those shields are MONSTERS. He deflected a mental attack from Galactus, and it took the combine might of Professor Xavier's and Jean Grey's telepathy to get through them. Even then, Magneto had to divert his attention elsewhere for them to get through. He even blocked Thor's strike with Mjolnir with one of his shields that he summoned on a whim. If he could have a little time to put his strongest shields all stacked on top of one another, then he'd be EXTREMELY tough to beat. The problem is, we're talking about Silver Surfer here. Galactus' most powerful herald. I see Silver Surfer taking this one 8/10.

Soljer
That's great, but come to think of it, Silver Surfer isn't the speedblitzing type, so Mags WOULD have enough time to put his shields up. Those shields are MONSTERS. He deflected a mental attack from Galactus, and it took the combine might of Professor Xavier's and Jean Grey's telepathy to get through them. Even then, Magneto had to divert his attention elsewhere for them to get through. He even blocked Thor's strike with Mjolnir with one of his shields that he summoned on a whim. If he could have a little time to put his strongest shields all stacked on top of one another, then he'd be EXTREMELY tough to beat. The problem is, we're talking about Silver Surfer here. Galactus' most powerful herald. I see Silver Surfer taking this one 8/10.

Eh, you're right that it isn't a blood lusted surfer, hence, Speed blitz is unlikely.

However, the Surfer has never been above draining. He would knock Magneto's shields down by draining them, not through force. Magneto would be entirely unprotected, and subject to the Surfer's onslaught. On the other hand, I still don't see what Magneto can really do to beat the Surfer.

batdude123
no

The surfer could drain the magnetic energy out of his shields. The same as others have done against Magneto in the past, just faster.

As a being of pure energy, it would be extremely hard for Silver Surfer to do that. He's shown in the past to be extremely drained when sucking out the energy of foes who have even less energy than Erik is comprised of. Magneto some times doesn't get his due credit around here. With COMPLETE control of the EM spectrum, he should be in the big leagues rightfully so. And not to mention Erik has an unlimited power source considering electromagnetism is one of the four fundamental fources in the universe. Still, Silver Surfer wins 8/10.

galan7777777
As a being of pure energy, it would be extremely hard for Silver Surfer to do that. He's shown in the past to be extremely drained when sucking out the energy of foes who have even less energy than Erik is comprised of. Magneto some times doesn't get his due credit around here. With COMPLETE control of the EM spectrum, he should be in the big leagues rightfully so. And not to mention Erik has an unlimited power source considering electromagnetism is one of the four fundamental fources in the universe. Still, Silver Surfer wins 8/10. agreed erik is highly underestimated

Soljer
As a being of pure energy, it would be extremely hard for Silver Surfer to do that. He's shown in the past to be extremely drained when sucking out the energy of foes who have even less energy than Erik is comprised of. Magneto some times doesn't get his due credit around here. With COMPLETE control of the EM spectrum, he should be in the big leagues rightfully so. And not to mention Erik has an unlimited power source considering electromagnetism is one of the four fundamental fources in the universe. Still, Silver Surfer wins 8/10.

No doubt that Eric is an amazing combatant. However, he can match neither the power, nor the Versatility of the Surfer. He's great, no doubt, perhaps low-herald level. Surfer, on the other hand, is very HIGH Herald level.

You still never mentioned what Magneto could manage to beat the Surfer.

batdude123
Eh, you're right that it isn't a blood lusted surfer, hence, Speed blitz is unlikely.

However, the Surfer has never been above draining. He would knock Magneto's shields down by draining them, not through force. Magneto would be entirely unprotected, and subject to the Surfer's onslaught. On the other hand, I still don't see what Magneto can really do to beat the Surfer.

His shields can deflect photons on a whim if he so desires, the EM spectrum is almost everywhere, even in the bonds between particles. Thus, making Magneto one of the most powerful men on the planet. I don't think it's unreasonble that if we're talking about Magneto at his very best with his most powerful shields up that are for all intents and purposes "perfect" (Karnak could not find ONE weak spot in them), then I don't think him winning is too unreasonable. When his shields have gone up, they have never been broken. The only time they were, it was because Magneto wasn't using his full attention on them to make them their most powerful. His "bottle neck" effect even beat miss Grey as the PHOENIX herself. I could think of plenty of ways for him to KO somebody on that level, but it's the freakin SILVER SURFER. He'd be lucky to pull off 2/10. Silver Surfer for the majority here. smile

batdude123
No doubt that Eric is an amazing combatant. However, he can match neither the power, nor the Versatility of the Surfer. He's great, no doubt, perhaps low-herald level. Surfer, on the other hand, is very HIGH Herald level.

You still never mentioned what Magneto could manage to beat the Surfer.

Magneto isn't low herald level. He's still plenty more versatile than the brick type characters we put into the herald level. He's beaten groups of characters that can attest to this. He's very much a high level being. With nearly limitless potential, it's a wonder why Marvel hasn't characterized him as an Omega yet, but we'll see. He certainly has the potential.

galan7777777
Magneto isn't low herald level. He's still plenty more versatile than the brick type characters we put into the herald level. He's beaten groups of characters that can attest to this. He's very much a high level being. With nearly limitless potential, it's a wonder why Marvel hasn't characterized him as an Omega yet, but we'll see. He certainly has the potential. agreed, some1 that can defeat the phoenix is not a low level herald

Soljer
*rolls eyes* EMPing the Phoenix.

Anyways.

No one has yet to give me a way that Magneto would win, they have just repeatedly spammed how powerful he is. I don't care. His shields have been drained before, and they could (very easily) be again. He also lacks the speed to effectively combat the Surfer. Magneto is a one-trick pony when you compare him to someone like Norrin.

galan7777777

Anyways.

No one has yet to give me a way that Magneto would win, they have just repeatedly spammed how powerful he is. I don't care. His shields have been drained before, and they could (very easily) be again. He also lacks the speed to effectively combat the Surfer. Magneto is a one-trick pony when you compare him to someone like Norrin. actually pure energy erik was many times faster then the speed of light

batdude123

Anyways.

No one has yet to give me a way that Magneto would win, they have just repeatedly spammed how powerful he is. I don't care. His shields have been drained before, and they could (very easily) be again. He also lacks the speed to effectively combat the Surfer. Magneto is a one-trick pony when you compare him to someone like Norrin.

I don't think you understand. That was XORNETO who did that to Jean, not Mags. I'm talking about the "bottle neck" effect.

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/2629/magdrawslifeenergy8et.jpg

Magneto also was able to shield himself from the Phoenix's blasts of pure untapped energy.

http://img371.imageshack.us/my.php?image=magtakesphoenixblast7nn.jpg

So it's safe to say that if he has enough energy in those shields to take attacks from the Phoenix and Galactus that Silver Surfer isn't going to drain them.

Also, how many times has Silver Surfer ever used his speed wisely in a battle? He always gets rocked physically by Thanos, and he was blasted off his board by Odin. Silver Surfer wouldn't think to speedblitz.

Magneto has plenty of options against Silver Surfer. Don't think that just because of who he is that he's immuned in some way to Mags' powers. Anyway, Silver Surfer STILL takes the very healthy majority at 8/10.

bigbran
no surfer isnt the speedblitzing type but he does fly and shoot fast.

Validus
Magneto can't beat the Surfer.

galan7777777
pure energy eriko is very underestimated........i agree that surfer would take this battle but not as easily as many people think

Skeets
pure energy eriko is very underestimated........i agree that surfer would take this battle but not as easily as many people think
Yeah,Surfer takes this easier than many think.

batdude123
Originally posted by Validus
Magneto can't beat the Surfer.

We're talking about Magneto after Scarlet Witch tampered with him. And yes, Surfer would smoke him for the CLEAR majority.

thedude1948
Silver Surfer > Omega level mutants. Surfer beats him 10/10, There is no possible way Magneto can beat him. Surfer can shut off Magneto's powers any time he wants but he still doesnt need to do that to win.

Validus
We're talking about Magneto after Scarlet Witch tampered with him.
So?

batdude123
Originally posted by Validus
So?

Nothing. Silver Surfer ftw.

Grimm22
Surfer wins and beats Mags head in with his board just to mock him big grin

Jvenom
I do not think the fight would be as one sided as some think. Magneto not in his prime fought Cosmic Spiderman to a stand still. Neither was hurting the other. Cosmic Spiderman is on Surfer level. Magneto has shown he can take on some heavy hitters. He went againt Thor before all his upgrades and did a good job fighting him. Magneto lost but still held his own and he is far more powerful now then back then.

manjaro
his shields have stood up to the hulk's blows too. and he was there berating him the whole time..you know..talking all flowery and shit, like you brutish bruty brute....watch as i erect an impreganable forcefileds that keeps brutes like you at bay........or something like thatbig grin.....but tyeah like i said he'll look good for the first few rounds, but then its one of those old school sound effects like ZZRRAAKK!! and its goodbye magneto

Jesse7
Magento, as in when he became pure energy, was able to make black holes, worm holes, novas, control all energy spectrums, completely and efftorlessly, also went to combat and destroy the shiar empire by himself?

That Magneto?

Soljer
Originally posted by Jesse7
Magento, as in when he became pure energy, was able to make black holes, worm holes, novas, control all energy spectrums, completely and efftorlessly, also went to combat and destroy the shiar empire by himself?

That Magneto?

Yup. That Magneto...

...still loses to the Surfer.

Jesse7
Your telling me some one who can destroy the shiar empire by them selves is below SS?

Can SS by himself destroy the Shiar empire?

Skeets
Your telling me some one who can destroy the shiar empire by them selves is below SS?

Can SS by himself destroy the Shiar empire?
Sure he can.

xmarksthespot
IF you give Magneto in his prime enough time to summon his shields, then it got much more difficult for Silver Surfer. Magneto from that point could possibly summon 2/10 against the Surfer. When did people get the idea to start arbitrarily assigning /10 values, when a character has the abilities and means to win that would work 10 times out of 10. Magneto is a very powerful mutant, but Surfer is Galactus' most powerful Herald, he has what Magneto has in spades, and more.Originally posted by Soljer
You still never mentioned what Magneto could manage to beat the Surfer. Hmm... ironic...Originally posted by batdude123
http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/2629/magdrawslifeenergy8et.jpg

http://img371.imageshack.us/my.php?image=magtakesphoenixblast7nn.jpgYay, Phoenix circa late 1970s when she was in no way what she is now. no expressionOriginally posted by Validus
Magneto can't beat the Surfer. Indeed.

That Magneto? X-Men: The End are considered What Ifs, and yes, still.

bigbran

Can SS by himself destroy the Shiar empire? you really dont know surfer, do you?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.