Worst? So far this year...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
Ah heck Dusty you know I had to. stick out tongue

No doubt my vote goes to the following:

Date Movie and Little Man

Impediment
Date Movie was deplorable. I refuse to watch Little Man or most any other Wayans Bros. movie.

cain marko
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

No doubt my vote goes to the following:

Date Movie and Little Man

i hate date movie and i agree with impediment about those brothers. i dont like POC and i dint even see the second one but i hate it anyway and scary movie 4 was POOR!!!

Dusty

laughing out loud

Out of the ones I've seen... Lady in the Water. It was ridiculous.

Leggy_n_Merry
Well I haven't seen any of those type films because I knew they'd be crap. I've liked almost all the films I've seen this year except Memoirs Of A Geisha. It's not that it's crap, I just got really bored. So obviously this is definitely not the worst film of the year but I haven't seen any of the really crap ones to know what is; it's just the one I've seen this year that I like the least.

Edit: Whoops this a 2005 movie sorry, but it came out in the UK this year so I just assumed.

Wolfie
The Shaggy Dog

H. S. 6
Lady in the Water, hands down.

Ladyluck
Date Movie.

Impediment
X-Men 3 was very, very disappointing.

Ladyluck
Originally posted by Impediment
X-Men 3 was very, very disappointing.

It was pretty disappointing but for the most part I liked it.

Solo
I try to stay away from seeing movies that are obviously awful, i.e. "Little Man". But, unfortunately, I had the displeasure of seeing "Firewall".

Tptmanno1
Out of what I've seen, Miami Vice. or Date movie...

Strangelove
BloodRayne
Grandma's Boy
Big Momma's House 2
Curious George
Aquamarine
Larry the Cable Guy: Health Inspector
The Benchwarmers
Garfield: A Tale of Two Kitties
Little Man
Scary Movie 4
Date Movie
Lady in the Water

Granted, I haven't seen any of these, because I consider myself a good judge of what will suck

Dusty
Originally posted by Strangelove
BloodRayne
Grandma's Boy
Big Momma's House 2
Curious George
Aquamarine
The Benchwarmers
Little Man
Scary Movie 4
Date Movie
Lady in the Water

Granted, I haven't seen any of these, because I consider myself a good judge of what will suck

Grandma's boy was good. IMO.

C-Dic
"Firewall" or "Ultraviolet" get my votes. I loved "Date Movie", personally. It went back to old school baffoonery for the spoof genre, not a bunch of tired dick and fart jokes.

Myth
BloodRayne
Grandma's Boy
Big Momma's House 2
Curious George
Aquamarine
The Benchwarmers
Little Man
Scary Movie 4
Date Movie
Lady in the Water

I'm with Dusty. Grandma's Boy was hillarious. It definitely should be removed from that list (and replaced with Last Holiday). And I disagree with most people on Lady in the Water. Its a good fantasy film.

Anyway, mine are Firewall, Freedomland, Nightwatch (yeah, I said it), 16 Blocks and Benchwarmers (at least of the ones I've seen).

Kram3r
The worst I've seen this year has to be Scary Movie 4. Just really, really, really bad jokes. Not funny at all.

-Tired Hiker-
Awe man, I loved Date Movie, Benchwarmers, and Grandma's Boy. But what I did not like and refuse to believe anyone who says that this film was good, was Bloodrayne.

The last worst movie I saw was The Pirates Of Treasure Island. I can't believe this movie actually had deleted scenes. It should have all been deleted.

rockycairns
Miami Vice is good for the action its just the script that makes it suck a little i had faith in Michael Mann

forumcrew
Originally posted by Dusty
Grandma's boy was good. IMO.

yea it was really funny

Can i just go ahead and give this one to snakes on a plane?

pr1983
Ultraviolet... f*ckin awful...

i was disappointed by nightwatch and miami vice (and x-men and superman returns), though i liked em all more than ultraviolet...

BackFire
The Omen, one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Some kid sitting there looking constipated. That's all it was.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by Myth
I'm with Dusty. Grandma's Boy was hillarious. It definitely should be removed from that list (and replaced with Last Holiday). And I disagree with most people on Lady in the Water. Its a good fantasy film.

Anyway, mine are Firewall, Freedomland, Nightwatch (yeah, I said it), 16 Blocks and Benchwarmers (at least of the ones I've seen).

laughing out loud I enjoyed Firewall, Freedomland, Benchwarmers, and especially 16 blocks.

Maybe it was the conditions under which I saw them, for free, rented on dvd with my wife and my in-laws, but I thought they were okay.

For a really shitty movie see: The Squid and the Whale.

Solo
Originally posted by sithsaber408
I enjoyed Firewall, Freedomland, Benchwarmers, and especially 16 blocks.

For a really shitty movie see: The Squid and the Whale.
You are hilarious!

As a film "Grandma's Boy" was pretty bad. Although, I thought most of it was very funny.

pr1983
Originally posted by BackFire
The Omen, one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Some kid sitting there looking constipated. That's all it was.

i hope to god you mean the remake...

BackFire
Of course, worst movies this year. The original wasn't made this year.

pr1983
Originally posted by BackFire
Of course, worst movies this year. The original wasn't made this year.

Just needed to be sure dude, just needed to be sure... phew...

gshkris72
New world.. soo borringg!

Solo
Originally posted by gshkris72
New world.. soo borringg!
That'd be 2005.

gshkris72
ohh woops. my bad.. hmm then superman i guess

pr1983
Originally posted by Solo
That'd be 2005.

If you're in europe its a 2006 movie... erm

Tptmanno1
That'd be 2005.
And New World wasn't that bad, it was slow, but it had good cinematography (sp?) and good Music, The plot was old, and we've all heard it before, but it was done rather well. Nothing life changing though.

Myth
Originally posted by sithsaber408
laughing out loud I enjoyed Firewall, Freedomland, Benchwarmers, and especially 16 blocks.

Maybe it was the conditions under which I saw them, for free, rented on dvd with my wife and my in-laws, but I thought they were okay.

Hey, its all good. Everybody is entitled to like whatever they want and vice-versa.

forumcrew
You are hilarious!

As a film "Grandma's Boy" was pretty bad. Although, I thought most of it was very funny.

yea but GB isnt trying to be an oscar worthy masterpiece of a film. Its supposed to make you laugh and achieves it well.

masterkit
Ive only seeen 4 movies from this year and i liked them all so the worst one from last year was Mr. & Mrs. Smith

Solo
Originally posted by Tptmanno1
And New World wasn't that bad, it was slow, but it had good cinematography (sp?) and good Music,
Totally agree. I'm a huge Malick fan, and I thought it was a fantastic film.

Originally posted by Tptmanno1
The plot was old, and we've all heard it before, but it was done rather well.
Well, it is based on real events.

Tptmanno1
Totally agree. I'm a huge Malick fan, and I thought it was a fantastic film.

Well, it is based on real events.
Which is why I said we've all heard it before...
But yea, it dragged, but I really should have seen it in theaters, My TV didn't do the sweeping scenes and beautiful shots justice.

buffymitch
I thought you guys forgot Ultraviolet. No movie wil win from this movie. destined to get a few razzies.

Strangelove
Originally posted by forumcrew
Can i just go ahead and give this one to snakes on a plane? Bite your tongue, you ruffian!

WrathfulDwarf
BloodRayne
Grandma's Boy
Big Momma's House 2
Curious George
Aquamarine
The Benchwarmers
Little Man
Scary Movie 4
Date Movie
Lady in the Water

Lady in the Water? Is it really that bad?

Myth
I actually liked it. And Strangelove didn't even see it, he is assuming.

miram
I haven't seen many movies this year, but I did see miami vice, that was pretty bad.

Dusty
Lady in the Water? Is it really that bad?

Details in the Lady thread. sad

Kayne Archeron
if you didn't enjoy Lady in the Water, then you were looking for too much out of it. plus, for how original it was, it definately shouldn't be on that list. now, Ultraviolet, on the other hand... pretty much only 5 lines in that whole movie, all of which sucked

Storm
The Hills Have Eyes.

dementedde
I think mine will have to be a cross between Stay Alive and When A Stranger Calls. Both reviews saying why I didn't like them can be found in The Vomitorium topic at the top of the first page's Movie Discussion Forum.

Dusty
Originally posted by Kayne Archeron
if you didn't enjoy Lady in the Water, then you were looking for too much out of it. plus, for how original it was, it definately shouldn't be on that list. now, Ultraviolet, on the other hand... pretty much only 5 lines in that whole movie, all of which sucked

I wasn't looking forward to anything. It just sucked. Awful dialogue and the so called 'Plot Twist'.

It's the worst movie I have seen this year, and for a long time.

I actually got around to The DaVinci code last night. The term 'Not as good as the book' strongly applies. Almost the entire movie was shot at night, making it very hard to keep close attention to. Shame on you Ron Howard.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Kayne Archeron

Oh, yes. It's originality kept me glued to my seat. I mean, who doesn't want to watch terrible acting, agonizing dialogue, and a plot that could make a four-year-old vomit with disgust? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Myth
I wasn't looking forward to anything. It just sucked. Awful dialogue and the so called 'Plot Twist'.

Its a good fantasy flick in my opinion. Its not trying to be realistic and its goal wasn't to "trick" you like his previous movies. The movie is like a puzzle but it doesn't really try a true "plot twist." People only expect a good plot twist because its M. Night. Guess what people, not all movies need a plot twist, so I don't see why people think M. Night's movies need them.

Look at his history:
Unbreakable - Major twist
Sixth Sense - Major twist
Signs - No plot twist (deals with irony, but no actual twist of the plot)
The Village - Major twist (although far inferior to the previous)
Lady in the Water - No plot twist (small twist, but not really a "plot" twist and it was pretty clevor due to the foreshadowing)

In other words, STOP WATCHING M. NIGHT'S MOVIES HOPING PURELY FOR A TWIST! (this is in general to people, not actually aimed at you Dusty, unless you were only watch his movies hoping for twists).

Dusty
I'm not watching his films for plot twists. I watch them because they draw my attention easily, and I love the characters. However, the fact that Reggie was the guardian was just so silly, and I didn't care about it enough for it to have any sort of effect on me.

It was just boring, and funny.

"I'm only working out one side of my body. I'm like a scientist"

H. S. 6

The adjective that comes to my mind when I think of that part of the movie is "retarded."

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Myth

16 Blocks wasn't that bad

ash&embffaa13
I watched the movie "Silent Hills", and I thought it would be more thrilling, but the sad thing isd, is that I didn't even jump. I could have been beter!

Kayne Archeron
I'm not watching his films for plot twists. I watch them because they draw my attention easily, and I love the characters. However, the fact that Reggie was the guardian was just so silly, and I didn't care about it enough for it to have any sort of effect on me.

It was just boring, and funny.

do fairy-tales ever make sense? no, not really, which is what M. Night was going for

Victor Von Doom
That thread title is bizarre.

I tend to avoid films that will be bad. In the case of 'Little Man', it hardly requires Holmesian deduction to predict that will be the case.

SnakeEyes
"Over the Hedge."

Solo
Right now, I'd have to say Silent Hill.

Ultraman Baltan
Definately "Aliens Gone Wild". Easilly the worst movie ever created. PERIOD. Then it's "Ultraviolet", which is also one of worst movies I've ever seen, but at least had plot. "Superman Returns" was also absolutely terrible. Lex Luther, while grand, couldn't save this movie from being the worst Brian Synger(sp?) movie I ever saw. But, unlike the other two, I've seen worse than the new "Superman" film.

SUPERSOLDIER
I would have to go with Date Movie.

jainasolo55
im a good judge of movies but when i go to the movies with my friends i usually end up wasting money on crap i dont want to see. bloodrayne and waited(dunno if thats 05 or 06) sucked

office jesus
My pick'd probably be Ultraviolet. And the trailer made it look so damn cool too. Too bad Mila can't act for shit. : Sigh. : Other than that? Superman. It was good, but I couldn't get over the writing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.