Sentry vs. Superman 1M

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nvrbeenwthagirl
This seems to be a much better fight than any other's I have seen with Sentry in them. I personally think that Superman 1m will school Sentry in ways that I don't have time to list. It's time for a debate of the best uber cape characters I have ever seen. And this time, they are under the Super Sun, where Superman 1M isn't going to be loosing his strength anytime soon.

batdude123
I actually already made this thread, and honestly there isn't even any evidence that Sentry is above regular Superman, much less Superman 1 Million. Superman 1 Million for the MAJOR MAJOR win.

Validus
Sentry doesn't have a chance.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I saw all of the powers and things Sentry can do. He is above Superman because he can do so much more. But Superman 1M is rediculous as well. hell he made the rain turn into telepathic droplets that calmed the crowd. I was out done with that one right there.

batdude123
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
I saw all of the powers and things Sentry can do. He is above Superman because he can do so much more. But Superman 1M is rediculous as well. hell he made the rain turn into telepathic droplets that calmed the crowd. I was out done with that one right there.

That's hardly conclusive. He doesn't have any feats that put him above Superman. People just want to believe he is out of spite for Superman. Superman has MORE outrageous feats than Sentry does, and he's been doing it longer than Sentry has.

H. S. 6
EDIT: Nevermind.

Validus
EDIT stick out tongue

batdude123
Edit.

Validus
Nice trifecta guys. thumb up

batdude123
HELLS YEAH!!! Happy Dance

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by batdude123
Edit.

I dont' know batdude, from what I'm reading about Sentry and what I have seen, Sentry is more powerful than current Superman. It's almost like Superman with The quantum bands, a gl ring, and martian Manhunters telepathy. And that sound about like Sentry to me. Superman is not on that lvl. In a punch for punch, yes they are equal, maybe Supers is stronger, but over all, Sentry is much much more powerful than Superman.

Validus
It's almost like Superman with The quantum bands, a gl ring, and martian Manhunters telepathy. And that sound about like Sentry to me.
Ummm, no.

batdude123
I dont' know batdude, from what I'm reading about Sentry and what I have seen, Sentry is more powerful than current Superman. It's almost like Superman with The quantum bands, a gl ring, and martian Manhunters telepathy. And that sound about like Sentry to me. Superman is not on that lvl. In a punch for punch, yes they are equal, maybe Supers is stronger, but over all, Sentry is much much more powerful than Superman.

Nah, Sentry isn't more powerful than Superman, nor is he more powerful than J'onn, nor Quasar, nor Hal or Kyle. To think so without any real evidence is ludicrous. Bottom line: if you want to go by over the top crazy feats, Superman has Sentry beaten in that category. 'Nuff said. Not to mention I believe Sentry oozes solar radiation out of his cells, so he'd actually be powering Superman up if they fought. erm

Anyway, Superman 1 Million TRASHES Sentry.

galan7777777
no contest supes 1m, no contest

nvrbeenwthagirl
Nah, Sentry isn't more powerful than Superman, nor is he more powerful than J'onn, nor Quasar, nor Hal or Kyle. To think so without any real evidence is ludicrous. Bottom line: if you want to go by over the top crazy feats, Superman has Sentry beaten in that category. 'Nuff said. Not to mention I believe Sentry oozes solar radiation out of his cells, so he'd actually be powering Superman up if they fought. erm

Anyway, Superman 1 Million TRASHES Sentry.

What I do when comparing a newer charcter like Sentry to a very old one like Superman, is I read what little feats I can on the New Character. And then I look at who the character has fought. Then you compare the feats of the Characters he's fought and stalemated or defeated to that of the older character. So if Sentry fights Thor and beats him, Then I look at all thor has done, and with full knowlege of all the powers Sentry has, I would go, hmm ok, Sentry is more than a match for Superman. It's the only real way to logically think these fights thru. SOme characters dont' have enough showings to debate without using battle proxy, description of powers, and the power sources. You constantly talk about how Captain Atom is not written to his full potential, and he has not that many great showings, but you debate that he can win because of what was written and the source of his powers. I'm doing the same thing. In my opinion, Sentry is more powerful than Superman and has a much wider array of powers.

Validus
How did you reach the conclusion he had GL and Quasar powers? And that his telepathy was MM level?

batdude123
What I do when comparing a newer charcter like Sentry to a very old one like Superman, is I read what little feats I can on the New Character. And then I look at who the character has fought. Then you compare the feats of the Characters he's fought and stalemated or defeated to that of the older character. So if Sentry fights Thor and beats him, Then I look at all thor has done, and with full knowlege of all the powers Sentry has, I would go, hmm ok, Sentry is more than a match for Superman. It's the only real way to logically think these fights thru. SOme characters dont' have enough showings to debate without using battle proxy, description of powers, and the power sources. You constantly talk about how Captain Atom is not written to his full potential, and he has not that many great showings, but you debate that he can win because of what was written and the source of his powers. I'm doing the same thing. In my opinion, Sentry is more powerful than Superman and has a much wider array of powers.

blink

First of all, Sentry hasn't beaten Thor, and Superman has.

Second of all, I argue about Captain Atom because he's actually shown the crazy abilities I've talked about before. BIG difference. Sentry has not shown any feats that put him above Superman, and Atom has. Not only that, speculation can only take you so far. Superman cleans up Sentry nicely and Superman 1 Million would do it that much easier.

juggernaut66666
blink

Second of all, I argue about Captain Atom because he's actually shown the crazy abilities I've talked about before. BIG difference. Sentry has not shown any feats that put him above Superman, and Atom has. Not only that, speculation can only take you so far. Superman cleans up Sentry nicely and Superman 1 Million would do it that much easier.
superman vs thor was a crossover although superman would possibly beat thor but in crossovers paralax has a hard time handling thanos and wolverine beats lobo

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Validus
How did you reach the conclusion he had GL and Quasar powers? And that his telepathy was MM level?

He basically controls light, uses his vast mental powers to hold his form together, and when your moving at his speed, and fighting beings like the hulk, you would have to be a psi of the highest order to keep it together under that type of pressue. No one knows the limits of any of his powers either, so I"m theorizing. I know he is out of sinc with time just a little and also draws his strength from the sun. When I said Gl and Quasar powers, I meant that his powers are from his will and since he can project energy fields and control light, he could be a superman with a green ring and the quantum bands.

Validus
The ring and quantum bands do much more than make light constructs. Saying he's Superman + those items is disgusting hyperbole.

nvrbeenwthagirl
blink

Sentry has beaten The Hulk. ANd I know that the Hulk would give Thor a nice run for his money. And he did so quite Easily to me. Superman Can't beat the Hulk Easily. I was using Thor vs Sentry as an example of how I debate. I'm sure I said take for instance or something like that.Geez you guys on these boards.

batdude123
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
superman vs thor was a crossover although superman would possibly beat thor but in crossovers paralax has a hard time handling thanos and wolverine beats lobo

JLA/Avengers WAS canon, and the other ones weren't. wink

nvrbeenwthagirl
JLA/Avengers WAS canon, and the other ones weren't. wink

Since JLa was cannon, can wonder woman beat Thor too? smile Cuz we all know she sure as hell can hold her own against Superman. I personally think that sometimes even cannon has to be looked at with a careful eye. Given the proper time, Thor could pummel Superman with so much more magical lighting than CM did in kingdom come. Thor Just didnt' know who he was messing with. he went in all over confident.

batdude123
Sentry has beaten The Hulk.

Actually, it was the Void, but I get what you mean. I'm still not impressed. Superman would trash Hulk all day long, it doesn't prove anything here.

ANd I know that the Hulk would give Thor a nice run for his money.

Nah, Thor using Mjolnir to the greatest of effect would beat on Hulk as well without much trouble.

And he did so quite Easily to me.

And this is supposed to make him above Superman??? What the f**k?

Superman Can't beat the Hulk Easily.

And exactly why not? He's defeated much MUCH more powerful characters before.

I was using Thor vs Sentry as an example of how I debate.

Um, okay but it doesn't prove anything.

batdude123
Since JLa was cannon, can wonder woman beat Thor too? smile Cuz we all know she sure as hell can hold her own against Superman. I personally think that sometimes even cannon has to be looked at with a careful eye. Given the proper time, Thor could pummel Superman with so much more magical lighting than CM did in kingdom come. Thor Just didnt' know who he was messing with. he went in all over confident.

Um, Kingdom Come isn't in current continuity, so nice try. What the f**k?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Um, Kingdom Come isn't in current continuity, so nice try. What the f**k?

You do realize that even tho the JLA is my favorite team ever, that Thor can beat Superman. One God force wave and Superman would be krytonian Ash. Or a whirling hammer into the phantom zone takes superman out of the fight. Or scarlet witch's chaos powers somehow change the ground into kryptonite. The ways The avengers could have taken superman out are numberous.

batdude123
You do realize that even tho the JLA is my favorite team ever, that Thor can beat Superman. One God force wave and Superman would be krytonian Ash. Or a whirling hammer into the phantom zone takes superman out of the fight. Or scarlet witch's chaos powers somehow change the ground into kryptonite. The ways The avengers could have taken superman out are numberous.

What kind of crap logic is that? It was THOR VS. SUPERMAN. If you want to go by that, then do you know how many different ways the JLA could've taken down Thor if they so chose??? What the f**k? And no, Thor's power advantage is offset by Superman's speed advantage.

bigbran
spite thread.....closing.

nvrbeenwthagirl
What kind of crap logic is that? It was THOR VS. SUPERMAN. If you want to go by that, then do you know how many different ways the JLA could've taken down Thor if they so chose??? What the f**k? And no, Thor's power advantage is offset by Superman's speed advantage.

You do realize that Thor is a God who has encountered many beings stronger and Faster than Superman. Thor has Godly senses. Speed is not going to be any major advantage over Thor. Thor could have taken supers out with his Hammer. Superman is not messing with magic on that scale. Anything that can push back a celestial is pretty much going to leave Superman as atomic ash.

batdude123
Originally posted by bigbran

It IS pretty much that one-sided. However, the thread starter doesn't know much about how powerful Sentry is, so it's not really a spite thread.

Validus
I lol'd.

nvrbeenwthagirl

Excuse me? Spite thread? and Here I am thinking I made a thread about two toons who are similiar to me. YOu must explain what the definition of spite is.

H. S. 6
I suppose if this is full potential Sentry, it's logical that he could certainly stand up to Superman 1 Million, seeing as how his powers are, theoretically, limitless.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by H. S. 6
I suppose if this is full potential Sentry, it's logical that he could certainly stand up to Superman 1 Million, seeing as how his powers are, theoretically, limitless.

I thought his powers were kinda like Gladiator's and based on what he thought he could do, he does. If that is the case, then, this thread is right. The two toons are a match for each other.

batdude123
You do realize that Thor is a God who has encountered many beings stronger and Faster than Superman.

None are the speedblitzing type. Thor wouldn't have time to pull out his most powerful qualities against Superman using his speed affectively.

Thor has Godly senses.

So? Superman has faster reflexes.

Speed is not going to be any major advantage over Thor.

Sure it would.

Thor could have taken supers out with his Hammer.

You're right.... if Superman just stood there and let Thor do what he pleased. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Superman is not messing with magic on that scale.

Really? And how many Shazam lightning bolts has Superman taken over the years and kept on coming? Magic isn't the be all to end all against him, not to mention if you can't get your most powerful attacks off in time.

Anything that can push back a celestial is pretty much going to leave Superman as atomic ash.

What kind of garbage is that? Yeah, I guess since Superman can beat Dominus and Darkseid, he can beat Thor. Not such a good way to debate in this case. By the way, Thor didn't beat any Celestial, so it's almost not worth mentioning.

By the way, you've taken this completely off track. Sentry gets his ass pounded badly by Superman 1 Million. End of thread.

bigbran
Excuse me? Spite thread? and Here I am thinking I made a thread about two toons who are similiar to me. YOu must explain what the definition of spite is. sentry would be very hard pressed to beat superman. do you realize just how powerful supes 1mill is?
its debateable that hes over pc supes, most would say yes, but because of pc supes outrageous showings, it debateable.
sentry would be lucky to take the first punch w/o ko.

batdude123

So are Superman's. That doesn't mean he'll be standing up to Superman 1 Million and winning any time soon.

batdude123
I thought his powers were kinda like Gladiator's and based on what he thought he could do, he does. If that is the case, then, this thread is right. The two toons are a match for each other.

No they aren't. Sentry would be thrashed horribly.

Validus
When Gladiator and Sentry are nearly dead and still punching holes in the time barrier, I'll consider them a match for Superman M*.

bigbran
Excuse me? Spite thread? and Here I am thinking I made a thread about two toons who are similiar to me. YOu must explain what the definition of spite is. well i guess its not a spite thread because you dont know it is.
a spite thread would be like hulk vs jubilee(or in this case, superman 1 mill vs sentry.)

batdude123
When Gladiator and Sentry are nearly dead and still punching holes in the time barrier, I'll consider them a match for Superman M*.

Or (I guess?) moving galaxies with telekinesis.

H. S. 6
So are Superman's. That doesn't mean he'll be standing up to Superman 1 Million and winning any time soon.

Sentry's powers are nothing like Superman's. Besides that, I've never heard that Superman's powers are limitless.

However, by the very nature of them, Sentry's powers are.

batdude123
Sentry's powers are nothing like Superman's. Besides that, I've never heard that Superman's powers are limitless.

However, by the very nature of them, Sentry's powers are.

Yes, actually it's been stated quite a bit that Superman's powers are technincally limitless. This does not mean, however, that he could win in a fight against Superman 1 Million. Saying that doesn't help Sentry one bit in this fight.

bigbran
Or (I guess?) moving galaxies with telekinesis. you know what? sentry threw something into the sun!

Validus
you know what? sentry threw something into the sun!
I lol'd again.

batdude123
you know what? sentry threw something into the sun!

He also beat the Hulk!! THE HULK, MAN!!!! eek! laughing

bigbran
He also beat the Hulk!! THE HULK, MAN!!!! eek! laughing cough*stalematedgalactus*cough

H. S. 6
Yes, actually it's been stated quite a bit that Superman's powers are technincally limitless. This does not mean, however, that he could win in a fight against Superman 1 Million. Saying that doesn't help Sentry one bit in this fight.

You're missing the point of my first post.

By the very nature of Sentry's powers, he has unlimited potential (meaning he would be near Phoenix/Galactus/Silver Surfer levels). This is a fact.

Superman 1 Million, as far as I understand, does, in fact, have a limit to his abilities. He may have never reached them, and he may never need to, but a limit there is.

Therefore, the Sentry would, at the least, be able to put up a fight. Got me?

(By the way, where has it been stated that Superman's powers are limitless, and what is the explanation for it?)

batdude123
You're missing the point of my first post.

I guess so.

By the very nature of Sentry's powers, he has unlimited potential (meaning he would be near Phoenix/Galactus/Silver Surfer levels). This is a fact.

How are his powers unlimited? Exactly the same way Superman's powers are "unlimited." He gains power from the radiation in the sun. And no, he isn't even close to being Phoenix/Galactus level.

Superman 1 Million, as far as I understand, does, in fact, have a limit to his abilities. He may have never reached them, and he may never need to, but a limit there is.

His powers are still way above Sentry. He's part imp, and imps are extremely powerful as I hope you already know. Sentry doesn't stand a chance against him. To say that he does because his powers are "limitless" is funny as hell to me.

Therefore, the Sentry would, at the least, be able to put up a fight. Got me?

No he wouldn't. He wouldn't have a prayer. Got me?

(By the way, where has it been stated that Superman's powers are limitless, and what is the explanation for it?)

STAR labs. His powers are essentially limitless because his power source is for all intents and purposes "limitless." Therefore, he can become more and more powerful.

bigbran
sentry has also broke an egg with his hands.

batdude123
sentry has also broke an egg with his hands.

laughing

Broly92
laughing
Hey just because Batman can't do that doesn't make it funny

batdude123
Originally posted by Broly92
Hey just because Batman can't do that doesn't make it funny

What? confused What the f**k?

bigbran
laughing i tried it once, couldnt do it, right before it was going at a house...

H. S. 6
How are his powers unlimited? Exactly the same way Superman's powers are "unlimited." He gains power from the radiation in the sun. And no, he isn't even close to being Phoenix/Galactus level.

His powers are still way above Sentry. He's part imp, and imps are extremely powerful as I hope you already know. Sentry doesn't stand a chance against him. To say that he does because his powers are "limitless" is funny as hell to me.

My, my, my...

Sentry's power are limitless because of the very basis of his powers. Read the Powers and Abilities section, and try not to state things about characters you don't know about, m'kay?

http://marvel.com/universe/Sentry_%28Robert_Reynolds%29

bigbran
My, my, my...

Sentry's power are limitless because of the very basis of his powers. Read the Powers and Abilities section, and try not to state things about characters you don't know about, m'kay?

http://marvel.com/universe/Sentry_%28Robert_Reynolds%29 its not an accurate bio, it didnt even have him breaking an egg.

H. S. 6
its not an accurate bio, it didnt even have him breaking an egg.

The information I'm referring to is accurate. wink

bigbran
The information I'm referring to is accurate. wink ok, time to get busiaa.
your using a bio, to confirm limitless strength, thats a no-no.
prepare to bombarded.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Sentry is a good match against Supers 1m. An all out Sentry has the ability to creat the void, why can't he just Make copies of himself that are for all intents and purposes, just as powerful? Superman 1M would be a good match for Sentry. Superman from the regular time line would loose badly to Sentry.

Demonic Phoenix
Sentry ripped carnageyes......shows how strong he isroll eyes (sarcastic)

bigbran
Sentry is a good match against Supers 1m. An all out Sentry has the ability to creat the void, why can't he just Make copies of himself that are for all intents and purposes, just as powerful? Superman 1M would be a good match for Sentry. Superman from the regular time line would loose badly to Sentry. meow.

batdude123
My, my, my...

http://marvel.com/universe/Sentry_%28Robert_Reynolds%29

Yes, I've read his bio PLENTY of times, m'kay. There are words like "conceivable" and "seemingly" to describe how "limitless" his powers are. roll eyes (sarcastic) Yeah, and this is supposed to mean he can beat Superman 1 Million. roll eyes (sarcastic) Rather than going on baseless assumptions as to how powerful of foes he can take down, you need to use ACTUAL EVIDENCE to support the debate of how well Sentry would do in a fight against Superman 1 Million, m'kay. So far, he hasn't even shown that he could take down Superman, much less Superman 1 Million. And for the record, it's been stated countless times that Superman's powers are limitless and that he's the most powerful hero on the earth. That doesn't mean I use it as a way of debating for him. Bad form, I must say. Sentry gets SPANKED by Supes 1 Million. Call me when he punches 83,200 years through the time dimension while in a COMPLETELY weakend state, or uses telekinesis to move a galaxy, m'kay? Superman 1 Million ftw 10/10.

H. S. 6
Yes, I've read his bio PLENTY of times, m'kay. There are words like "conceivable" and "seemingly" to describe how "limitless" his powers are. roll eyes (sarcastic) Yeah, and this is supposed to mean he can beat Superman 1 Million. roll eyes (sarcastic) Rather than going on baseless assumptions as to how powerful of foes he can take down, you need to use ACTUAL EVIDENCE to support the debate of how well Sentry would do in a fight against Superman 1 Million, m'kay. So far, he hasn't even shown that he could take down Superman, much less Superman 1 Million. And for the record, it's been stated countless times that Superman's powers are limitless and that he's the most powerful hero on the earth. That doesn't mean I use it as a way debating for him. Bad form, I must say. Sentry gets SPANKED by Supes 1 Million. Call me when he punches 83,200 years through the time dimension while in a COMPLETELY weakend state, or uses telekinesis to move a galaxy, m'kay? Superman 1 Million ftw 10/10.

Read my first post again, please. Perhaps then you'll be able to edit fast enough so people don't see you as a complete idiot.

batdude123
Sentry is a good match against Supers 1m.

No he isn't.

An all out Sentry has the ability to creat the void, why can't he just Make copies of himself that are for all intents and purposes, just as powerful?

Because that's not how it works. The "Void" is just his darkside, he can't create tons of copies of himself. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Superman from the regular time line would loose badly to Sentry.

Pffffffffffft. Based on what? Exactly, NOTHING. roll eyes (sarcastic) He hasn't done a damn thing that puts him above Superman, end of story.

bigbran
and why would void team up with sentry?

Validus
So why can't Superman M* just transmute Sentry into a pop tart?

batdude123
Read my first post again, please. Perhaps then you'll be able to edit fast enough so people don't see you as a complete idiot.

Wow, such a great way to debate. roll eyes (sarcastic) Using a BIO to support how you think he would do against Superman 1 Million without using any on panel feats to suggest he's that powerful. Then, realizing you're losing the argument, calling somebody an idiot. Yikes. Great job. roll eyes (sarcastic)

batdude123
So why can't Superman M* just transmute Sentry into a pop tart?

CUZ SENTRIES POWERZ R LIMITLESSZ!#@$!@#~~ ~ !!!!!1111111111 roll eyes (sarcastic)

bigbran
So why can't Superman M* just transmute Sentry into a pop tart? because superman is too generous. hed probably turn him into a declawed kitten.

H. S. 6
Wow, such a great way to debate. roll eyes (sarcastic) Using a BIO to support how you think he would do against Superman 1 Million without using any on panel feats to suggest he's that powerful. Then, realizing you're losing the argument, calling somebody an idiot. Yikes. Great job. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I said:

Where was I even debating, exactly? I'd love to know.

I simply stated that if this were a full-potential Sentry, assuming that because of his constantly shifting and higher state of consciousness, his powers are limitless, and that he could theoretically take on Superman 1 Million.

You seem to have taken personal insult to this statement, even though it's completely logical. I wonder why that is? roll eyes (sarcastic)

There are words like "conceivable" and "seemingly" to describe how "limitless" his powers are.

True. There are also words like theoretical, like I used in my post, but perhaps that bit went over your head? wink

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Fox13=Kai Lein
ill kick his ass and laugh at him, he thinks hes so big and bad LOL... and if i start to lose, my cousin and my dad are going to help.

Broly92
Sentry pwning Superman 1 million
http://showcase.netins.net/web/flexia/fanboy1a.jpg Happy Dance

kgkg
JLA/Avengers WAS canon, and the other ones weren't. wink So Wonder Man > GL

batdude123
I said:

Where was I even debating, exactly? I'd love to know.

I simply stated that if this were a full-potential Sentry, assuming that because of his constantly shifting and higher state of consciousness, his powers are limitless, and that he could theoretically take on Superman 1 Million.

You seem to have taken personal insult to this statement, even though it's completely logical. I wonder why that is? roll eyes (sarcastic)

True. There are also words like theoretical, like I used in my post, but perhaps that bit went over your head? wink

Fine, but speculation is never the way to go in an argument. As it stands, Superman 1 Million eats him.

batdude123
Originally posted by kgkg
So Wonder Man > GL

That was a rookie Kyle.

Broly92
Originally posted by Broly92
Sentry pwning Superman 1 million
http://showcase.netins.net/web/flexia/fanboy1a.jpg Happy Dance

H. S. 6
Fine, but speculation is never the way to go in an argument. As it stands, Superman 1 Million eats him.

I wasn't arguing, though. I was simply making an observation.

And, for the record, Superman 1 Million wipes the floor with Sentry. yes

kgkg
That was a rookie Kyle. look at the year........ that wasn't rookie Kyle.

Kyle in other comics(before the JLA vs Avenger) defeated enemies stonger than Superman. And he also defeated Polaris

batdude123
look at the year........ that wasn't rookie Kyle.

Kyle in other comics(before the JLA vs Avenger) defeated enemies stonger than Superman. And he also defeated Polaris

I believe the excuse was that they were in a time warp. If you noticed, Thor was in his classical form, but in Marvel at the time, Thor was his Rune King form. erm

batdude123

And, for the record, Superman 1 Million wipes the floor with Sentry. yes

Gotcha. wink

bigbran

And, for the record, Superman 1 Million wipes the floor with Sentry. yes how? i dont think this is sentry with his long hair.

kgkg
I believe the excuse was that they were in a time warp. If you noticed, Thor was in his classical form, but in Marvel at the time, Thor was his Rune King form. erm Time warp to what year?

Even in 95 Kyle had showing that should own WM......... Crossover are always full with PIS....... But GL have that each issue so can't complain

batdude123
Time warp to what year?

Even in 95 Kyle had showing that should own WM

I know. I'm not really sure what year, but he was written as his rookie self because of the time warp. erm

kgkg
I know. I'm not really sure what year, but he was written as his rookie self because of the time warp. erm where did u get the time warp idea?

did i miss something?

batdude123
where did u get the time warp idea?

did i miss something?

I read it in Wikipedia somewhere. Also, Validus said something about that.

kgkg
I read it in Wikipedia somewhere. Also, Validus said something about that. because in the past both Flash , and supes were no where near as fast as they are now.

Mr Master
Sentry once contained a Cosmic Containment Unit (unevolved cosmic cube) with his bare hands for a short while before it broke free.

He also entered Negative space (not the negative zone) for a moment and survived virtually without harm.

Reed was in awe.

Also when the Void was coming and it was suggested that only Sentry was able to stop it, Thor was there, along with Hulk amongst other super powers of earth...they were all scared, except Sentry.

The power of a million suns....that's alot of energy.

Void=Sentry

Sentry>Superman

Sentry<Superman1M

batdude123
Originally posted by Mr Master
Sentry once contained a Cosmic Containment Unit (unevolved cosmic cube) with his bare hands for a short while before it broke free.

He also entered Negative space (not the negative zone) for a moment and survived virtually without harm.

Reed was in awe.

Also when the Void was coming and it was suggested that only Sentry was able to stop it, Thor was there, along with Hulk amongst other super powers of earth...they were all scared, except Sentry.

The power of a million suns....that's alot of energy.

Void=Sentry

Sentry>Superman

Sentry<Superman1M

No, sorry. "Power of a million suns" is just hyperbole, and there is nothing that suggests he is above Superman. I know that's what most people would LIKE to believe, but no. no Also, Sentry gives off yellow solar radiation, so that would just power up Superman if they were to fight each other. All this "most powerful hero on earth" doesn't impress me either, considering Superman has been said to be the most powerful hero on DC earth before. It doesn't actually PROVE anything however.

Mr Master
No, sorry. "Power of a million suns" is just hyperbole, and there is nothing that suggests he is above Superman. I know that's what most people would LIKE to believe, but no. no Also, Sentry gives off yellow solar radiation, so that would just power up Superman if they were to fight each other. All this "most powerful hero on earth" doesn't impress me either, considering Superman has been said to be the most powerful hero on DC earth before. It doesn't actually PROVE anything however.

Not all solar radiation is the same as the one from a yellow sun.

Thor>Superman

Sentry>Thor

Sentry>Superman

Sentry<Superman1m

You said you wanted on panel feats, I gave you two.

Cosmic Containment Units have a far greater potential than when they evolve into Cosmic Cubes.

With ONE, Thanos became a Universe (literally).

Sentry contained one with his bare hands for a short time, while it was trying to break free.

batdude123
Not all solar radiation is the same as the one from a yellow sun.

Thor>Superman

Sentry>Thor

Sentry>Superman

Sentry<Superman1m

You said you wanted on panel feats, I gave you two.

Cosmic Containment Units have a far greater potential than when they evolve into Cosmic Cubes.

With ONE, Thanos became a Universe (literally).

Sentry contained one with his bare hands for a short time, while it was trying to break free.

He actually emits yellow solar radiation. And that doesn't prove he's above Superman, sorry.

bigbran
how is he above thor miester?

batdude123
We don't even know how much strength it would take to do that. It doesn't automatically mean that it's like moving a galaxy or something like that. How do you know that Superman couldn't contain it for just as long as Sentry did? It's not like he did it for very long. We don't even have proof as to how much strength it would've taken.

Mr Master
how is he above thor miester?

Unless were going to dismiss the events that took place in the Sentry series, we have to except that Thor, Dr Strange and many others were literally afraid of the Void, which is the Sentry.

That's how I put Sentry above Thor.

Also the Void grabbed Hulk like a child and broke every single bone in his body in one page.

Void=Sentry

Sentry, atleast in his series>Thor

Mr Master
We don't even know how much strength it would take to do that. It doesn't automatically mean that it's like moving a galaxy or something like that. How do you know that Superman couldn't contain it for just as long as Sentry did? It's not like he did it for very long. We don't even have proof as to how much strength it would've taken.

I'm not saying Superman can't do it.

I'm letting you know Sentry can.

Your right, We don't know how much strength it would take, but we do know that the Cosmic Containment Unit on it's own can make you a Universe. (Thanos)

When has current Supes stood up to a universal power, even for a "short while"?

bigbran
every comic. *damn overwritten supes!!*

Deathstroke
Wait for the next issue of Iron Man. Him and the Sentry actually fight in it. If Sentry=Void and the Void rocked the marvel heavy hitters then how does a fight with Iron Man last longer than 1 panel? The preview pages were posted somewhere on here. I'll try and find them.

Juntai
No, sorry. "Power of a million suns" is just hyperbole, and there is nothing that suggests he is above Superman. I know that's what most people would LIKE to believe, but no. no Also, Sentry gives off yellow solar radiation, so that would just power up Superman if they were to fight each other. All this "most powerful hero on earth" doesn't impress me either, considering Superman has been said to be the most powerful hero on DC earth before. It doesn't actually PROVE anything however. Actually, Superman was said by abstract beings to be the mightiest creature in this entire section of the space/time continuum. After the events of Our Worlds at War, Supes was brought before Ganthet, Highfather, Phantom Stranger, and the other gods of the quintessence, and tried for being too powerful to exist.

Skeets
Originally posted by Juntai
Actually, Superman was said by abstract beings to be the mightiest creature in this entire section of the space/time continuum. After the events of Our Worlds at War, Supes was brought before Ganthet, Highfather, Phantom Stranger, and the other gods of the quintessence, and tried for being too powerful to exist.
And you don't find that to be a little stupid.

Juntai

Reed was in awe.

Yet, void is gone when Sentry lobs it into the sun, lmao. Given that, Supes could heat vision Void and kill it, since he can output at that type of range.

Superman existed in the entropy at the end of all things for a short time. Negative Zone doesn't seem quite so awe inspiring after that.

I mean, you can't really be serious about comparing these two characters feats. Sentry would have to keep up the pace for another another few decades before he'd be comparable to the Man of Tomorrow. Let alone Superman 1 million.

Mr Master
Yet, void is gone when Sentry lobs it into the sun, lmao. Given that, Supes could heat vision Void and kill it, since he can output at that type of range.

Superman existed in the entropy at the end of all things for a short time. Negative Zone doesn't seem quite so awe inspiring after that.

It's Negative Space, the inside of a Black Hole.

Reed has seen alot for anything to surprise him.

Reed couldn't believe that someone could even touch Negative Space and survive let alone dive right into it head first, enter inside and come back out unharmed,

but he did say "it hurts" when Reed asked him, "what does it feel like to enter Negative Space"...

Sentry caught a CCU with his hands, and held it against it's will for a short while.

Like I said before, this is a thing that can take Eternity's place.
It's an impressive feat to say the least.

Mr Master
Sentry would have to keep up the pace for another another few decades before he'd be comparable to the Man of Tomorrow. Let alone Superman 1 million.

I agree that Sentry has alot of catching up to do.

I also said 1M>Sentry

Juntai
It's Negative Space, the inside of a Black Hole.

Reed has seen alot for anything to surprise him.

Reed couldn't believe that someone could even touch Negative Space and survive let alone dive right into it head first, enter inside and come back out unharmed,

but he did say "it hurts" when Reed asked him, "what does it feel like to enter Negative Space"...

Sentry caught a CCU with his hands, and held it against it's will for a short while.

Like I said before, this is a thing that can take Eternity's place.
It's an impressive feat to say the least. Superman has been inside of a black holes and escaped... he's been inside of a double black hole and escaped, held black holes in his hands. Closed rips in the time/space by rubbing his hands together. He carries the Bad Mothe****er wallet.

Entropy is all consuming, it is the end of all things. Even it far more of an absolute than a black hole is. Superman survived in it for a short period, then Waverider showed up to sustain him and take him back to his time period. I would consider that more impressive.

Avalonofthewind
Wow, someone hates Sentry. I wouldn't give him a win over Batman 1M nevermind Supes 1M.

Mr Master
Superman has been inside of a black holes and escaped... he's been inside of a double black hole and escaped, held black holes in his hands. Closed rips in the time/space by rubbing his hands together. He carries the Bad Mothe****er wallet.

You trumped the Negative Space feat but...
Non of these feats compare to holding a raw Cosmic Cube in your hands against it's will.

Entropy is all consuming, it is the end of all things. Even it far more of an absolute than a black hole is. Superman survived in it for a short period, then Waverider showed up to sustain him and take him back to his time period. I would consider that more impressive.

It's definitely comparable, but Sentry wasn't hurt by the Cube even while it tried to break his hold...

From the sound of it, Superman would of died had it not been for Waverider.

Thoughts?

Longinus
BATDUDE, I have a question for you, What puts Superman above Sentry and please don't say feats because Sentry hasn't been around long enough to accomplish as many feats as Superman so thats a little unfair. Besides the feats, theres nothing that suggests Superman would "clean up Sentry quite nicely" or vice-versa so what you're saying is just foundationless as what everyone is saying about Sentry beating Superman. Truthfully their not in the same universes and they don't abide by the same comicbook laws so it's just assumed they are close to each other strength wise.

Another thing that I hate is when people bring up King Hyperion and his words about killing Galactus, Hercules, Thor and Hulk. We didn't see Galactus' death on-panel yet it's so widely accepted but when someone brings up Sentry stalemating Galactus is bs. Why? Hyperion said all that stuff HIMSELF , noone vouched for him but Spiderman said Sentry stalemated Galactus, the honest, friendly neighborhood Spiderman said it and people say it's BS. Aunt May didn't raise Peter to be a liar!!! People just don't to believe that Sentry can be Marvel's mightiest hero, they just want him to be average.

Longinus
and yet still no reply from batdude

kgkg
1 million was pushing a Galaxy with help but still A Galaxy..... lol

Mordum
Yup sentry punks regular supes. He stalemated Genis and the collective. Supes 1m is prolly a little lower than skyfather so he wins if they fight.

rotiart
Sentry would go headsup with superman... but superman 1 million is like sun dipped superman getting sundipped...

1 million would kill sentry.

Longinus
Originally posted by rotiart
Sentry would go headsup with superman... but superman 1 million is like sun dipped superman getting sundipped...

1 million would kill sentry.

yea no doubt about that, but I don't know why Batdude claims that Sentry would be disposed of by Superman easily, there's just no proof of that.

rotiart
Originally posted by Longinus
yea no doubt about that, but I don't know why Batdude claims that Sentry would be disposed of by Superman easily, there's just no proof of that.

So far there is no proof either for or against sentry being superman level. But design wise.. he's superman for marvel. There just havent' been the feats to prove it yet. only "hearsay" as stated by characters like dr. strange and spiderman and mr. fantastic...

Longinus
Originally posted by rotiart
So far there is no proof either for or against sentry being superman level. But design wise.. he's superman for marvel. There just havent' been the feats to prove it yet. only "hearsay" as stated by characters like dr. strange and spiderman and mr. fantastic...

Sentry does have some feats like,

1 shotting Ironman

Beating Void, who broke Hulk's bones

Physically Hulk is on Supes lvls, and since Sentry=Void and Void is above Hulk I'd put him on Supes lvl strength wise and add in his versatality I'd say he's on Supes lvl. Not above or below but on his lvl.

manorastroman
if this is a hypothetical sentry with a far greater understanding of his powers (as well as the control that would follow), i think he would have a chance.

the void DID bust a shield that was the combined might of invisible womans shield, iron mans full strength repulsor, and DOCTOR STRANGE's mystical barrier.

seriously, that's pretty nuts. doctor strange's shield alone has withstood things that make a superman punch feel like a tickle.

on a side note, this anti-sentry stuff i'm getting from the DC camp is kinda bugging me. yeah superman has some ri-cock-ulous feats, but MOST OF THE TIME he's written to be less powerful. he would still rock just abound any earthbound in marvel, but considering how long sentry has been around and some of the stuff he/void has done...

like i said, if sentry had control over the void and wasn't so prone to mental breakdown, i can picture him at skyfather.

manorastroman
here's another way to look at it: the existence of the void is basically subconscious reality manipulation. since the void is clearly sentry but also clearly a separate being on the physical plane, sentry had to in some way CREATE a being with the power to crush hulk as well as the combined might of the avengers, x-men, f4, inhumans, doc strange, etc.

holy crap, i mean galactus' most powerful creation is only a bit above that level.

galan7777777
this is hardly a fight, supe 1M would easily win

bigbran
Originally posted by manorastroman
if this is a hypothetical sentry with a far greater understanding of his powers (as well as the control that would follow), i think he would have a chance.

the void DID bust a shield that was the combined might of invisible womans shield, iron mans full strength repulsor, and DOCTOR STRANGE's mystical barrier.

seriously, that's pretty nuts. doctor strange's shield alone has withstood things that make a superman punch feel like a tickle.

on a side note, this anti-sentry stuff i'm getting from the DC camp is kinda bugging me. yeah superman has some ri-cock-ulous feats, but MOST OF THE TIME he's written to be less powerful. he would still rock just abound any earthbound in marvel, but considering how long sentry has been around and some of the stuff he/void has done...

like i said, if sentry had control over the void and wasn't so prone to mental breakdown, i can picture him at skyfather. sorry but he wouldnt be at a level with odin, or argueably a level with thanos.
and i cant believe this thread got off the starting gate.

leonheartmm
sentry would totally **** superman prime. i million isnt even that powerful. when looking at superman one million's record u shoul look at both high and low end feats and create an average power level. now look at sentry, he has practically NO low end feats making his average and hence real power level far greater than superman i million. even now he can beat superman. with a greater awareness of his power and the power of the void i wouldnt be surprised if he took on sub abstract power level. remember the void's psionic power completely rewrote the entire universe to let all beings but the abstracts forget the very existance of sentry. thats not sumthin even superman prime could do.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by leonheartmm
sentry would totally **** superman prime. i million isnt even that powerful. when looking at superman one million's record u shoul look at both high and low end feats and create an average power level. now look at sentry, he has practically NO low end feats making his average and hence real power level far greater than superman i million. even now he can beat superman. with a greater awareness of his power and the power of the void i wouldnt be surprised if he took on sub abstract power level. remember the void's psionic power completely rewrote the entire universe to let all beings but the abstracts forget the very existance of sentry. thats not sumthin even superman prime could do.

We are talking about Superman 1m. Superman 1million!! Not superman prime.

leonheartmm
1 million isnt as powerful as prime. n prime would lose against sentry.

bigbran
oh-uh

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by leonheartmm
1 million isnt as powerful as prime. n prime would lose against sentry.

OMG, You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!!!! Superman 1m is leagues more powerful than Superman Prime. Superman 1M was loosing his powers the moment he left his systems supersun. and he still punched thru the time barrier and leaped from the moon to the earth. his mother is the Queen of the 5th dimension!!! Start buying some comics.

bigbran
OMG, You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!!!! Superman 1m is leagues more powerful than Superman Prime. Superman 1M was loosing his powers the moment he left his systems supersun. and he still punched thru the time barrier and leaped from the moon to the earth. his mother is the Queen of the 5th dimension!!! Start buying some comics. oh-uh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.