Blackbolt vs. Ironman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

General Kon-El
Hand to hand combat only. No energy blasts for Ironman and no scream for BB. Who takes this? Located in a jungle.

bigbran
umm... blackbolt destroys him.

Priest
ironman wins

General Kon-El
I'm handing it to Ironman too.

H. S. 6
What's a "scream" exactly?

General Kon-El
Blackbolt can't use his voice or mouth to win this battle like that time he took out Gladiator

Priest
Originally posted by H. S. 6
What's a "scream" exactly?

AHHHHHHHHHH!

bigbran
blackbolt doesnt use his screams as much as you think.
he has also fought hulk, thor, gladiator, sphinx, in h2h. and he never gets tooled. he has actually gotten the better of all of them.

General Kon-El

Priest
Ironman OKed the Hulk with a punch too, and that was with his old armor. With the extremis ironman wins 7/10

kgkg

bigbran
Originally posted by Priest
Ironman OKed the Hulk with a punch too, and that was with his old armor. With the extremis ironman wins 7/10 hahaha, funny.

Priest
Originally posted by bigbran
hahaha, funny.
dnt belive me? check the repeck thread of ironman.
also ironman is a class 100, blackbolt itsent. without the scream, black bolt looses.

Blair Wind
no expression

BB took out Sphinx who was trouble for Big G....I dont think he used a scream for that one either no expression

BB>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ironman

bigbran
dnt belive me? check the repeck thread of ironman.
also ironman is a class 100, blackbolt itsent. without the scream, black bolt looses. no i was laughing at the conclusion of your 7/10.
bb is definately underated in strength.

aliveinboston
blackbolt doesnt use his screams as much as you think.
he has also fought hulk, thor, gladiator, sphinx, in h2h. and he never gets tooled. he has actually gotten the better of all of them.

Not really. Hulk and Thor have both overcome Black Bolt physically. Against the hulk he was forced to resort to using his voice and with Thor, after being knocked off his feat, he was beaten to the punch as Thor damaged his energy receiver with a precisely placed strike.

Priest
no i was laughing at the conclusion of your 7/10.
bb is definately underated in strength.
hes strong, i as well is a black bolt fan...but the ironmans current armor will land him the win. too powerfull, and certainly faster. Ironman can hang with the toptiers and hold his own.

bigbran
Originally posted by aliveinboston
Not really. Hulk and Thor have both overcome Black Bolt physically. Against the hulk he was forced to resort to using his voice and with Thor, after being knocked off his feat, he was beaten to the punch as Thor damaged his energy receiver with a precisely placed strike. how is that overcum? as i recall it, he could trade blows with hulk. and thor had to cheapshot him.
its in bbs power to use his voice, just like iron man uses his repulses every issue, so why wouldnt he use it?

bigbran
hes strong, i as well is a black bolt fan...but the ironmans current armor will land him the win. too powerfull, and certainly faster. Ironman can hang with the toptiers and hold his own. yes sentry... evil face

Priest
how is that overcum? as i recall it, he could trade blows with hulk. and thor had to cheapshot him.
its in bbs power to use his voice, just like iron man uses his repulses every issue, so why wouldnt he use it?
he probally dident want to use i cause it may cause too much damage to the surronding settings.

Priest
yes sentry... evil face
its Sentry hes the man..look at the sig eek!

batdude123
Black Bolt ftw.

Innerhype
In a fist fight like this, Iron Man would easily overcome him.

In a normal all-out fight though, Black Bolt's chances are increased DRAMATICALLY

Thanos_THOTU

bigbran
Originally posted by Innerhype
In a fist fight like this, Iron Man would easily overcome him.

In a normal all-out fight though, Black Bolt's chances are increased DRAMATICALLY again, seriously underestimating bb.
why the hell would iron man stand a chance in h2h against thor? i know you didnt say it, but answer me.

Innerhype
again, seriously underestimating bb.
why the hell would iron man stand a chance in h2h against thor? i know you didnt say it, but answer me.

In a hand-to-hand fight against Thor he would stand a chance, may or may not be real high after Thor goes into warrior rage.

He bloodied Odinpower'd Thor (with the help of a certain armor)

But now, currently, Iron Man would win. Black Bolt has fought with Thor and even rose from blows from Mjolnir, thats not underestimating Black Bolt at all.

I think Iron Man is the one truely underestimated here.

manjaro
i guess nobody remebers that the same way BB rips electrons apart he can harness them increase physical attributes to about class 60 and thats under optimal conditions...sooo no doubt if he feels like he's in a life and death situation(which HE WONT fighting iron man) he can harness enuff to push even furhter than that.

Iron Mans suit might grant him class 100 strentgh but he doesnt have the durability to match once BB locks horns with him he's literally gonna wear out from the strain. plus BB can harness electrons to project concussive waves from his hands that looks likes Havok's power..so there are too many ways for BB to rape him

Darth Vegas
Iron Man takes this.

Innerhype
Keep in mind that this is a fist fight..

Tony Stark has a healing factor now, I'm sure that can keep him going at peak for quite some time. Wolverine can go at peak for days.

bigbran
Keep in mind that this is a fist fight..

Tony Stark has a healing factor now, I'm sure that can keep him going at peak for quite some time. Wolverine can go at peak for days. thats wolverine though, you know one of the most overwritten characers ever!
blackbolt is pretty underestimated right now.

manjaro
I WONT STAND FOR THIS BULLSHIT ANYMORE I SWEAR IT!!!!! ARAGGRHHHA!!!!!!!1 mad mad mad mad mad mad mad there are a few ppl who i concede who could beat BB in any combat but Iron Man is dammmmnnnnn sure not one of them..DIDNT YOU HEAR ME?!? I SAID AARGRGRGGRHGHGGH!!!!!!!

Innerhype
Originally posted by manjaro
I WONT STAND FOR THIS BULLSHIT ANYMORE I SWEAR IT!!!!! ARAGGRHHHA!!!!!!!1 mad mad mad mad mad mad mad there are a few ppl who i concede who could beat BB in any combat but Iron Man is dammmmnnnnn sure not one of them..DIDNT YOU HEAR ME?!? I SAID AARGRGRGGRHGHGGH!!!!!!!

Whoa, take it easy there.

Just be cool cool

Darth Vegas

Simmer down.

It's only a thread for pete's sake. roll eyes (sarcastic)

A.J
I WONT STAND FOR THIS BULLSHIT ANYMORE I SWEAR IT!!!!! ARAGGRHHHA!!!!!!!1 mad mad mad mad mad mad mad there are a few ppl who i concede who could beat BB in any combat but Iron Man is dammmmnnnnn sure not one of them..DIDNT YOU HEAR ME?!? I SAID AARGRGRGGRHGHGGH!!!!!!! yes

ExtraMision5555
Wait a sec, Iron man stronger than bb? probably, but A better fighter??

Seriously? im curious, how many times has iron man gone h2h with someone?

manjaro
ok recently in that extremis mini Iron man went up against this guy who was enhaced as well and dude owned the shit out of him almost killinghim and this guy isnt a god at h2h hw was just really strong...the first round that is. and judging by what ive seen this guy do he was bullet proof, he showed great resistenace to the repulsar blasts, and and he lifted a 4 door sedan with a family in it over his head rather effortlessly, now thats about 5 or 6 tons, but he's obviously stronger than that, plus he was so fast that IM eyes couldnt keep up with him, and he was clocked at running 300mph when he took off, and he kept up that speed indefinately on his way to washington

when stark got his own upgrade, and went for round two he ripped off the shovel off a bulldozer which can way anywhere from 10-20 tons in and of itself(depending on model) and mallen just smacked it out of his hands and actually took it away from him, so id actually put this guy at about 20 tons..30 if im pushing it, and tho IM blew his head off he still owned, even tho it was the latest armor coupled with the extremis virus, so BB has a comfortable level of about 60 tons which i estimate is twice as strong as mallen and if the situation requires it he can harness even more electrons to push himself even further tho it might cuase him some discomfort, so BB isnt losing to Iron man at anything im sorry thats just the way it is

Innerhype
Considering what Mallen did to Iron Man's Armor, I place him over class 100 stength.

He crushed parts Iron Man's armor almost effortlessly and the armor's shell is nearly as strong as adamantium.

thedude1948
Blackbolt takes this fight. What are the best feats so far of Iron Man's Extremis armor? being the Sentry's sidekick when he fought The Collective? Almost ran away from the Sentry? pretty impressive... laughing

leonheartmm
bb is not class 60. hes a close second to an enraged hulk mind u. and when he harnesses his elecron power for his ultimate punch its game over for iron man. besides, he doesnt have to scream, he can direct blasts from his antenna to destroy iron man. not to mention he has shields.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by leonheartmm
bb is not class 60. hes a close second to an enraged hulk mind u. and when he harnesses his elecron power for his ultimate punch its game over for iron man. besides, he doesnt have to scream, he can direct blasts from his antenna to destroy iron man. not to mention he has shields.

confused

BB is a BMF no doubt... But CL60 is all the strength he's got period. He is a very good H2h fighter...So at the very least he's equal if not better than IM in that matter... Although with IM's access to everything electronically He could probably pull a Neo and learn whatever he wanted to learn pretty damn fast as far as fighting techniques. But IM is more than 2x as strong and is much faster and is much more durable IMO.

So IM takes this 7.5/10

wink

bigbran
Originally posted by Tony Stark
confused

BB is a BMF no doubt... But CL60 is all the strength he's got period. He is a very good H2h fighter...So at the very least he's equal if not better than IM in that matter... Although with IM's access to everything electronically He could probably pull a Neo and learn whatever he wanted to learn pretty damn fast as far as fighting techniques. But IM is more than 2x as strong and is much faster and is much more durable IMO.

So IM takes this 7.5/10

wink wait. so you know exactly how strong bb is? or is that because your a im fan?

Max P
Bolt is above human at base level but he uses his energy powers to increase his strength and all his abilities. Where as IM is 100 I think bt he cannot and is not as skilled fighter as BB so Bolt wins.

bigbran
agreed!
and i dont believe bb is only a 60 strength.

Innerhype
wait. so you know exactly how strong bb is? or is that because your a im fan?

I think it is just what he gathered from the Wiki, which stats: "...By augmenting his body with his electron power, Black Bolt becomes capable of lifting approximately 60 tons under optimal conditions."

manjaro
this is getting so insane now i dont even know what to do anymore

bigbran
I think it is just what he gathered from the Wiki, which stats: "...By augmenting his body with his electron power, Black Bolt becomes capable of lifting approximately 60 tons under optimal conditions." wiki? really, if wiki was right everytime, then namor cant lift more than 80 tons, sassy hasnt lifted a 250 ton tanker.
bb can fight h2h with an enraged hulk, but hes only a 60 tonner? really...

batdude123
BB ftw.

manjaro
for the love of god the defintion for optimum is

The point at which the condition, degree, or amount of something is the most favorable.

so when it says that his optimum level is 60 tons that means thats the level where he feels more comfortable and see as most efficient, but there is no known limit to how much energy he can harness, so if he wants to im sure he can push his body, and boost his strenght even farther if he wanted to even if he reaches a breaking point where he's feeling pain, so please stop this now its enuff to drive someone insane...IM cant beat black bolt and i think thats end of story
wink

ExtraMision5555
Im really lost, alot of people are sideing with IM, is thier a lack of BB knoweldge here? or is thier something about IM im missing, becuase i really dont see IM takeing the majority of these. It just doesnt make sense.

Lets not forget this is the same person who got slapped 400 miles away by Namor (i understand it was a sucker punch, but a display of strength none the less), someone who BB has manhandled in a weakened state.

p.s i know, it wasnt really 400 miles. lol.

Darth Vegas
Iron Man can lift/bench 85 tons under normal conditions. At peak conditions (ie. using an extraneous power source or maxing out the limits of the armor) he can lift/bench 100 tons.

I'd say IM has BB beat in the power department, but IM's no slouch when it comes to trading blows and going hand to hand either. Iron Man has gone toe-to-toe with the likes of Thor, Hulk, and Namor on numerous occasions and held his own.

I say IM 6/10.

Darth Vegas
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
Im really lost, alot of people are sideing with IM, is thier a lack of BB knoweldge here? or is thier something about IM im missing, becuase i really dont see IM takeing the majority of these. It just doesnt make sense.

Lets not forget this is the same person who got slapped 400 miles away by Namor (i understand it was a sucker punch, but a display of strength none the less), someone who BB has manhandled in a weakened state.

It was definitely a sucker punch.

IM has defeated Namor in the water.

bigbran
Originally posted by Darth Vegas
Iron Man can lift/bench 85 tons under normal conditions. At peak conditions (ie. using an extraneous power source or maxing out the limits of the armor) he can lift/bench 100 tons.

I'd say IM has BB beat in the power department, but IM's no slouch when it comes to trading blows and going hand to hand either. Iron Man has gone toe-to-toe with the likes of Thor, Hulk, and Namor on numerous occasions and held his own.

I say IM 6/10. in every fight, im resorts in using his blasters, so its not just h2h, bb doesnt use his voice as much, and he can stand with an enraged hulk, h2h.

rotiart
Oh please please pleaseeeeee let black bolt come to captain america's rescue in Civil War 4... and kick Iron Man's ass... Oh please please pleaseeeeeeee.

Blackbolt would have to durability to take any hit iron man could dish out. And then after that. he'll let out a short exasperation of pain... which would nuke everything within a 1 mountain radius. :P

xmarksthespot
Black Bolt ftw.

Darth Vegas
in every fight, im resorts in using his blasters, so its not just h2h, bb doesnt use his voice as much, and he can stand with an enraged hulk, h2h.

Hulk got KTFO by Iron Man with a punch. That to me is as H2H as it gets. Granted, he had to burn out his suit to do so, but he still accomplished what he wanted. Also, Iron Man didn't resort to using his repulsors in that battle against the Hulk.

http://img418.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vshulk1a1dq.jpg
http://img424.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vshulk1b3sq.jpg
http://img418.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vshulk1c1tn.jpg
http://img413.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vshulk1d9he.jpg
http://img431.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vshulk1e6yd.jpg
http://img438.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vshulk1f0qc.jpg
http://img416.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vshulk1g8vh.jpg
http://img413.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vshulk1h1ee.jpg
http://img432.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vshulk1i2aj.jpg

And that was his OLD armor.

Knocking the Hulk out is a feat that BB cannot claim.

rotiart
Ironman in his hulkbuster suit couldn't knock out the hulk in MANY blows. But you're saying in his regular suit he did it in one. I take that akin to the spiderman defeating hulk feat. Its a 1/100 pure PIS bull statement. Considering how often its taken the entire Avengers to put down a pissed off hulk. What idiot writer wrote that?

Darth Vegas
Originally posted by rotiart
Ironman in his hulkbuster suit couldn't knock out the hulk in MANY blows. But you're saying in his regular suit he did it in one. I take that akin to the spiderman defeating hulk feat. Its a 1/100 pure PIS bull statement. Considering how often its taken the entire Avengers to put down a pissed off hulk. What idiot writer wrote that?

Call it a bull statement all you want, but it happened, as the links to the pics can attest..

Jesse7
So IM has 1/100th chance of knocking out the Hulk with a punch, okay.

Darth Vegas
Originally posted by Jesse7
So IM has 1/100th chance of knocking out the Hulk with a punch, okay.

As opposed to Black Bolt's chance of knocking out the Hulk which is zero.

And now that Tony has Extremis?

Face it, h2h, the odds are stacked against BB.

rotiart
Ironman hits BB. BB groans in pain and gives Ironman a nuke level whisper thats knocked out gladiator.

manjaro
wow IM took on the hulk

manjaro
no really wow

manjaro
just a warm up for..........

manjaro
.......this

manjaro
and this

manjaro
this one i think is the most important, he takes a full shot from the hulk and his head his still firmly attached to his body

manjaro
yet another he can take down an opponent without saying a peep...what do you think would happen to Iron man with all his fancy electronics

Longinus
I'm convinced that BB can beat IM atleast 7/10, the other's IM takes from memorising his moves.

Psyquis52
BB takes this 8.5 out of 10

Darth Vegas
yet another he can take down an opponent without saying a peep...what do you think would happen to Iron man with all his fancy electronics

And?

All you proved was that BB couldn't knock the Hulk out in h2h combat. laughing

Completely and totally irrelevant.

Thanks for nothing.

Darth Vegas
Ironman hits BB. BB groans in pain and gives Ironman a nuke level whisper thats knocked out gladiator.

You really should read the rules laid out by the creator of this thread before posting. I don't suppose you know what "hand to hand combat only" means.

ExtraMision5555
I duno, i just cant convince myself that IM would have an overwhelming majority over BB in H2h. BB isint fighing Hulk here, hes fighting IM who has a considerably smaller durability range. I can see IM wining a few of these though. The only thing i see IM having an advantage in is strength, i guess. ide give IM a generous 3 or 4 wins here.

Brutacus
Even with help from Karnak BB couldn't knock out hulk.
IM knocked out hulk with all he got.

But does this say anything????

Innerhype
You know guys, I found this real cool rib joint down the block.....

the Darkone
Black Bolt will f**k up Ironman beyond comprehension, Black Bolt to this date has yet to lose in h2h combat, he has defeated namor, hulk, ikaris, the thing, gladiator, ronan etc in h2h combat. Black Bolt defeated one of the best warriors of the eternal race Ikaris and they where sparring, Black Bolt laid him out with the "master blow" punch.

Black Bolt is on a prime eternal level or lower herlader level of power, Black Bolt can antimatter bombs and throw them at Iron Man all day. And not to long ago Iron Man got served by Temugin in h2h combat and he was cracking Iron Man suit with his punches.

ExtraMision5555
Not only that, Hulk has been beaten by BB on more than one occassian, granted it wasnt entirely H2h, alot of the fights were. Including BB knocking hulk through a mountian. IM plain and smiple, isint winning against BB short of a few flukes

Dinalfos
Black Bolt has never defeated Hulk purely physically at all. Just tactically, or with the aid of his other powers. The punch that knocked the Hulk out of the sky left him completely unharmed, he lost conscious because of a lack of oxygen. Besides, he shouldn've broken free anyway. Previous containments could never hold him for long.

Omega-level
If Black Bolt opens his mouth, Iron Man is a corpse. See what he did to the Hulk or Apocalypse.

bigbran
he probally dident want to use i cause it may cause too much damage to the surronding settings. i know why he didnt use his voice, i was comparing his strength to thor.

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by Dinalfos
Black Bolt has never defeated Hulk purely physically at all. Just tactically, or with the aid of his other powers. The punch that knocked the Hulk out of the sky left him completely unharmed, he lost conscious because of a lack of oxygen. Besides, he shouldn've broken free anyway. Previous containments could never hold him for long.

yes i realize he didnt beat him h2h, as i stated, but he hung with hulk in h2h combat as in exchanged blows, displaying he is capable of "high end" h2h, amongst several other battles, Ikarus, Gladiator, Thor (though he was beaten)

i dont see IM presenting an insurmountable task for BB

manjaro
thats what im saying..ppl are going on like just cuz IM took a few kunfu lessons from captian america he's this big bad ass in h2h all of a sudden

Darth Vegas
It's funny how everyone says that Black Bolt will F--- up Iron Man with his whispers, screams, anti-matter bombs, etc.

No sh-t. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Unfortunately, all of that is completely irrelevant because the battle between them is supposed to be h2h (ie. fisticuffs and trading blows) as the person who made this thread stated.

That being said, Iron Man is currently much stronger than BB.

And since BB is at a distinct disadvantage due to the fact that he can't use his powers.......

Iron Man wins this.

ExtraMision5555
It's funny how everyone says that Black Bolt will F--- up Iron Man with his whispers, screams, anti-matter bombs, etc.

No sh-t. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Unfortunately, all of that is completely irrelevant because the battle between them is supposed to be h2h (ie. fisticuffs and trading blows) as the person who made this thread stated.

That being said, Iron Man is currently much stronger than BB.

And since BB is at a distinct disadvantage due to the fact that he can't use his powers.......

Iron Man wins this.

There is no way, absolutely NO way IM is takeing even a slight majority of these fights between BB. Infact, black bolt rarely results to using his full on scream. And once again, Iron man MAY have a slight strength advantage, but is not fight sealing nor is it a great one.

And i can say with near certianty that this is the only minor Advantage IM has. IM is not a superior H2h combatnat, plain and simple. Black bolt has been dukeing it out for ages, so he definately has loads more expirence here. Such as when he decimated a kree that inhaled some of the terrigen mists (which caused him to have drasticly enhanced energy powers) and Used his masters blow to blast him into outer space, ultimately killing him. Ill give iron man maybe two wins here, but i think you may be seriously underestimateing BB's H2h skill.

the Darkone
Black Bolt is some where around 2,000 years old, even his cousin karnak wouldn't wants to f**k with Black Bolt in h2h combat and Karnak will kick IM ass in h2h combat anyday of the week.

manjaro
edit

manjaro
lets reverse to this one for a sec. didnt anybody read in the final caption at the bottom of the page that he was a close 2nd in the strentgh department?

manjaro
anyway im sure IM supporters are gonna find more holes to poke in BB h2h prowess, but IM is stronger than this guy too right?

manjaro
it seems he only needs a fraction of his might

manjaro
hurrah for Iron MAn cuz im sure he can do this too....which is send the thing flying like a freaking rag doll...huh huh and karnak said it was a mere display of his powers, and you know what? i believe him

manjaro
more holdin his own with namor in h2h...you know...the Namor....a guy who breathes combat?

manjaro
whats the master blow you ask...thats when he charges energy into his fist and pucnh the shit outta somebody........like Iron first times 1000..only the most durable can receieve it and live..even ben says it feels like "being booted around by the hulk"

manjaro
more namor

manjaro
bump

noo damn you.....damn you alll to hell. i refuse to let this thread fall into page 2 oblivion just cuz you all refuse to accept the truth

Priest
Ironman vs thor.
http://www.soulmateproductions.com/Pages/folio/ironman14-15.html
http://www.soulmateproductions.com/Pages/folio/ironman18.html

Ironman whiping up on Namor: (wit old amor)
http://img214.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vsnamor1a4aw.jpg
http://img254.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vsnamor1b4sj.jpg
http://img190.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vsnamor1c1wy.jpg
http://img161.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vsnamor1d6yf.jpg
http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vsnamor1e0yj.jpg
http://img160.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vsnamor1f5ue.jpg
http://img194.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vsnamor1g1uk.jpg
http://img327.imageshack.us/img327/2965/vsnamor1h9wa.th.jpg

General Kon-El
the thor fight was in his Thorbuster armor

Priest
Ironman vs Hulk.. HULKED OKoed..
http://img418.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vshulk1a1dq.jpg
http://img424.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vshulk1b3sq.jpg
http://img418.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vshulk1c1tn.jpg
http://img413.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vshulk1d9he.jpg
http://img431.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vshulk1e6yd.jpg
http://img438.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vshulk1f0qc.jpg
http://img416.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vshulk1g8vh.jpg
http://img413.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vshulk1h1ee.jpg
http://img432.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vshulk1i2aj.jpg
http://img448.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vshulk1j6qt.jpg

Priest
Originally posted by General Kon-El
the thor fight was in his Thorbuster armor
yes, but it shows how iroman still can hang with top tiers.

manjaro
whipping up on namor? get the f **** outta here dudebig grin all i see is IM desperately trying to keep a rampaging Namor at bay and resorting to cheap tricks to subdue him

manjaro
ok him KOing the hulk was kinda cool i admit but black bolt didnt need any fancy specialzed armor to take on thor

manjaro
punking ikaris...yeaah that one

manjaro
more ikaris

bigbran
hey manjaro, you should use imageshack!

manjaro
curse me... cuz i dont know how to

Darth Vegas
all i see is IM desperately trying to keep a rampaging Namor at bay and resorting to cheap tricks to subdue him

Cheap tricks, eh? roll eyes (sarcastic)

That's what makes Tony Stark/Iron Man so great. It's his wits and ingenuity that make him who he is. It's his intellect and technological skill and his ability to think on the move that makes him able to hang with guys like Thor, the Hulk, and Namor.

The bottom line is that Iron Man had the savvy and smarts to beat Namor in his home turf: the water.

black bolt didnt need any fancy specialzed armor to take on thor

That's because Tony Stark is merely a human.

A human who can go toe-to-toe with a god and hold his own.

Yeah, Stark is really gonna take on Thor in his pajamas. roll eyes (sarcastic)

manjaro
speaking of thor

manjaro
and more

manjaro
let me see IM in his fancyiest of armors take full shots from thor without shattering in a million pieces...and give good ones too

manjaro

manjaro
Cheap tricks, eh? roll eyes (sarcastic)

That's what makes Tony Stark/Iron Man so great. It's his wits and ingenuity that make him who he is. It's his intellect and technological skill and his ability to think on the move that makes him able to hang with guys like Thor, the Hulk, and Namor.

The bottom line is that Iron Man had the savvy and smarts to beat Namor in his home turf: the water.

That's because Tony Stark is merely a human.

A human who can go toe-to-toe with a god and hold his own.

Yeah, Stark is really gonna take on Thor in his pajamas. roll eyes (sarcastic)

which is a good showing and im not taking his feats away from him, but BB is a whole differnt animal. and he's got smarts and savvy coming out the ass too

Tony Stark
whats the master blow you ask...thats when he charges energy into his fist and pucnh the shit outta somebody........like Iron first times 1000..only the most durable can receieve it and live..even ben says it feels like "being booted around by the hulk"

cool

That page kind of contradicts what you were trying to fight for with BB. Karnak said to BB that Ben was too strong for him and the only way he could win was to use the master punch. Which he did and he charged it up so much that he KO'd himself while Ben was actually in better shape than BB himself.

So in that one page it shows that BB is not as strong as Ben who at the time was CL85. And that when charging his master punch to it's fullest he couldn't KO Ben and he KO'd himself Karnak had to catch him from hitting the ground.

wink

manjaro
actually i posted it in that fashion that perhaps some would read the entirety of the pic before it where medusa says he's charging up for his master blow. when he was fighting namor...you know just in case somebody didnt know what the master blow was

, and antoher thing that should be gotten straight i never said that under normal circumstances he was physically stronger than thing hulk namor or thor..the whole contingent of this thread is h2h, and basically everything excpet his scream so i posted as many h2h feats i could find...the point was to show that he gave out and took massive hits from uber ppl without exploding into a million pieces,,,like when thor zapped him with lighting..iron man couldnt have taken that without dying...even if the suit remained mostly in tact, his body just wouldnt be able to withstand those forces.. cuz i can post other feats all day where he didnt even use his voice and still owned but its not h2h so i didnt. thats the main point...BB is stronger, more durable, more versatile, a better fighter, and a better tactician....

and anonter thing about IM thats a big mis conception . yeah his suit makes him lift 100 tons but not like....."ooooh look 100 tons!" *lift* he has to divert power to the particlar areas in his armor that facilitats lifting..BB would be all over his ass b4 you know it.. and another thing the Extremis virus just lets tony house the the inner layers like that yellow inter facing body suit in the hollows of his bones not the whole armor itslef.

in fact, the armor that he made just jump up outta the breif case was just a replacement for the one that mallen tore up cuz as you can see they were virtually identical..ergo the same way some enhacned red neck can rip thru his armor with his bare hands BB can do that too and more...

WhiteWitchKing
cool

That page kind of contradicts what you were trying to fight for with BB. Karnak said to BB that Ben was too strong for him and the only way he could win was to use the master punch. Which he did and he charged it up so much that he KO'd himself while Ben was actually in better shape than BB himself.

So true but that's his earliest showings. IM's earliest showings aren't any better then that. IM was a walking clunk of iron.

It'll be a struggle but IM would loose to Black Bolt. Hand to hand Black Bolt is much better than IM because, unlike Tony, Black Bolt fights hand to hand more than his scream and other powers. Bolt's had one k.o. and that was only because Thor knocked out his antenna. BB's skills and durability are much better than Tony.

Darth Vegas
,,,like when thor zapped him with lighting..iron man couldnt have taken that without dying...

http://img449.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vsthor1j8lo.jpg

Really?

Innerhype

and anonter thing about IM thats a big mis conception . yeah his suit makes him lift 100 tons but not like....."ooooh look 100 tons!" *lift* he has to divert power to the particlar areas in his armor that facilitats lifting..BB would be all over his ass b4 you know it.. and another thing the Extremis virus just lets tony house the the inner layers like that yellow inter facing body suit in the hollows of his bones not the whole armor itslef.

in fact, the armor that he made just jump up outta the breif case was just a replacement for the one that mallen tore up cuz as you can see they were virtually identical..ergo the same way some enhacned red neck can rip thru his armor with his bare hands BB can do that too and more...

Around 100 tons would be under normal operating conditions, if Tony was to divert power from other systems, it'll be far above 100 tons.

Also, the new armor he used to take on Mallen the second time was an experimental armor. It's tougher, faster and lighter than the current unit.
So yeah, bet your ass this new experimental would own all previous models.

"enhacned red neck"? C'mon now, Iron Man has taken blows from the Hulk, Thor, and they didn't do what this Mallen did to Iron Man, not in a long shot even. That just goes to show that this Mallen was Insanely powerful.

manjaro
http://img449.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vsthor1j8lo.jpg

Really?

alright that was kinda cool, cool but stil.....BB by a Mile stick out tongue

Innerhype
I'm still not convinced that Black Bolt could win this.

Tony Stark
EXTREMIS IM is way too fast for BB. Reactions to explosions at .004 seconds. BB wont have a chance. IM's pre-EXTREMIS base strength was 100 tons with the capabilities to increase to almost 2x that. With the EXTREMIS it's considerably more than that now... Even though this fight is restricted to being just H2H...

Why couldn't IM just absorb BB's Vocal powers and use it to juice up his armor even more so? He's done it with THOR's lightning, SS's PC...Etc. Why not BB's voice?

manjaro
becuz bb voice isnt a surge of energy per se..thats why they call it a quasi sonic scream cuz once his voice goes out it rips the electrons from atomic particles cuasing them to violently explode..and once the first batch explodes it cuases a chain reaction to obliterate all the others in the direction of his voice.. so since there are literally millions if not billions of atoms flaoting around in even a small area,(seeing as how everything in the universe is made of atoms) and even more electrons, them fighting out in an open space,plus the Extremis armor being made of atoms just like anything else....well need less to say what would happen if he tried to absorb itbig grin

Tony Stark
becuz bb voice isnt a surge of energy per se..thats why they call it a quasi sonic scream cuz once his voice goes out it rips the electrons from atomic particles cuasing them to violently explode..and once the first batch explodes it cuases a chain reaction to obliterate all the others in the direction of his voice.. so since there are literally millions if not billions of atoms flaoting around in even a small area,(seeing as how everything in the universe is made of atoms) and even more electrons, them fighting out in an open space,plus the Extremis armor being made of atoms just like anything else....well need less to say what would happen if he tried to absorb itbig grin

roll eyes (sarcastic)

That sounds an awful lot like a poppycock. Your pulling that out of your ass.

Any actual facts from MARVEL that says that what your saying is actually how BB's vocal power happens, and also something from MARVEL that says that IM is unable to absorb that type of energy?

If in fact it was actually happening like that or are you just making that claim up to pretend that you know what your talking about and for people to think you have alot of knowledge while supporting your case against IM and for BB...Which I might add is H2H only...

FTR I think it's the later...

Please prove me wrong on both accounts (BB's vocal power/IM's unable to absorb it)

wink

rotiart
Its been stated to be nuke level. And can shatter mountains. It put out gladiator with ease.

Are you putting iron mans durability ABOVE gladiators then?

Blackbolts a pimp. Ironmans a hobo.
Pimps eat hobos for breakfast.

Darth Vegas
Its been stated to be nuke level. And can shatter mountains. It put out gladiator with ease.

Completely irrelevant.

The battle is h2h. Still haven't read the rules/guidelines to this thread? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Does a bear sh-- in the woods?

Tony Stark
Completely irrelevant.

The battle is h2h. Still haven't read the rules/guidelines to this thread? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Does a bear sh-- in the woods?

yes It does!

Tony Stark

#1 Gladiator can't absorb energy IM can so it's not about durability...

#2 Tony Stark has had more tang then all the NASA astronauts put together.

cool

the Darkone
BB will own IM, IM got served by Temugin and he was still wearing his armor, and his armor was cracking under the blows of Temugin and he is only human as where Black Bolt is Inhuman and will put IM in a coma.

Innerhype
Originally posted by the Darkone
BB will own IM, IM got served by Temugin and he was still wearing his armor, and his armor was cracking under the blows of Temugin and he is only human as where Black Bolt is Inhuman and will put IM in a coma.

Temugin didn't put any cracks in Iron Man's armor at all, the only actual damage he did to it was supposedly a few dents. And I doubt that some random sailor out in the middle of nowhere could bang a few dants out of the Iron Man.

Also, Temugin may be only human but his chi powers make him impossibly powerful. Powerful enough to give Iron Man a serious beating without any kind of weapon/powers at all, and that is saying a lot.

Innerhype
Additionally....

Iron Man takes this fight with the majority

manjaro
roll eyes (sarcastic)

That sounds an awful lot like a poppycock. Your pulling that out of your ass.

Any actual facts from MARVEL that says that what your saying is actually how BB's vocal power happens, and also something from MARVEL that says that IM is unable to absorb that type of energy?

If in fact it was actually happening like that or are you just making that claim up to pretend that you know what your talking about and for people to think you have alot of knowledge while supporting your case against IM and for BB...Which I might add is H2H only...

FTR I think it's the later...

Please prove me wrong on both accounts (BB's vocal power/IM's unable to absorb it)

wink

no my untrusting friend, i didnt pull that out of my ass i was merely explaining Black Bolt's powers beyond the simple " he can harness free-floating electrons" and ppl not actually knowing what exactly the f **** that meansbig grin ok lets start from scratch.....and yes i am keeping in mind that it is fairly difficult to reconcile real world science and its comic book counter part cool but ill do the best i can... wink

1. the entire universe is made up of atoms. atoms that bond 2gether to make cells--cells that bond 2gether to make molecules--molecules that bond 2gether to make elements--elements that bond 2gether to make compunds..so on and so forth..

2. ok now lets get down to some basic electrical theroy to shed a little light on what free electrons actually are...but first there are two simple rules concerning electron shells that make it possible to predict the electron distribution of any element:

a. The maximum number of electrons that can fit in the outermost shell of any atom is eight.

b. The maximum number of electrons that can fit in the next-to-outermost shell of any atom is 18. (source: My organic chemistry text book) cool

when the outer shell of an atom contains eight electrons, the atom becomes very stable, or very resistant to changes in its structure. When certain outside energies interact with the outer shell (heat, light, electrical energy) they become excited and move on to a higher level..(i.e. explosion) If enough energy is applied to the atom, some of these elctrons in the outer shell will leave the atom. These electrons are called free electrons..or AKA "free floating electrons" This process by the way is called ionization(check wiki)

now where does black bolt fit in to all this? this is what he does basically, in a nut shell. he is able to f **** with the stabilty of the outer shell, ripping off electrons at will, and cuasing the atoms to annhilate, and since there are literally billions--no make that trillions of atoms in any given location he has quite a many to destabilze (by unknown means of course)

now we all know that the forky thing on his forhead is what collects all these free electrons which he then uses to increase his strength, fly,emit concussive waves from his hands, and of course, charge his "master blow". Marvel.com concurs that he draws them from the environment and for his voice Wiki says that

"The speech center of Black Bolt's brain contains an organic mechanism able to generate an as yet unknown type of particle which interacts with ambient electrons to create certain phenomena determined by mental control." and "This effect is not just a shockwave, but a wave of transformative energy, destroying everything that it touches.." or in other words

once his voice goes out it rips the electrons from atomic particles cuasing them to violently explode..and once the first batch explodes it cuases a chain reaction to obliterate all the others in the direction of his voice..

now im sure that jack kirby and stan lee werent exactly holding PHD's in physics when they were figuring all this out , and we for that matter cant figure it out either,but i can only assume that this unknown means is probably by using the electric charge in his body to excite these electrons in this destructive manner......or at th very least his own body heat. which would make sense seeing as how he is fully superior to inhumans let alone normal humans. im willing to bet that his body temp. is probably above our 98.6, and maybe he has a way of warming his muscles the same way we do when we do strenous activties, but for him at a faster(that i admit is as good as any guess)

So whats the moral of the story and the purpose for my 10 page essay? laughing laughing the energy relased is transformative, therefore since Iron man's armor is a stack of atoms...you know...like everything else in the fabric of space and time roll eyes (sarcastic) he wont be absorbing a damn thing, not now, not anytime soon... the atoms making up his suit, his sweat, and every fiber of his being will be ripped apart by this aforementioned "transformative energy" also dont let that 60 tons bullshit fool either, he can make himslef as strong as he freaking wants, the more he harnesses..he just sits at the level bcuz its whats optimal to him....of course you justy know that some muckity muck writer is gonna pen IM owning BB, and absorbing his energies just to make me look bad. and everyone is gonna go over this with a fine tooth comb to pick it apart, but its cool....BB by a mile smokin'

Tony Stark
no my untrusting friend, i didnt pull that out of my ass i was merely explaining Black Bolt's powers beyond the simple " he can harness free-floating electrons" and ppl not actually knowing what exactly the f **** that meansbig grin ok lets start from scratch.....and yes i am keeping in mind that it is fairly difficult to reconcile real world science and its comic book counter part cool but ill do the best i can... wink

1. the entire universe is made up of atoms. atoms that bond 2gether to make cells--cells that bond 2gether to make molecules--molecules that bond 2gether to make elements--elements that bond 2gether to make compunds..so on and so forth..

2. ok now lets get down to some basic electrical theroy to shed a little light on what free electrons actually are...but first there are two simple rules concerning electron shells that make it possible to predict the electron distribution of any element:

a. The maximum number of electrons that can fit in the outermost shell of any atom is eight.

b. The maximum number of electrons that can fit in the next-to-outermost shell of any atom is 18. (source: My organic chemistry text book) cool

when the outer shell of an atom contains eight electrons, the atom becomes very stable, or very resistant to changes in its structure. When certain outside energies interact with the outer shell (heat, light, electrical energy) they become excited and move on to a higher level..(i.e. explosion) If enough energy is applied to the atom, some of these elctrons in the outer shell will leave the atom. These electrons are called free electrons..or AKA "free floating electrons" This process by the way is called ionization(check wiki)

now where does black bolt fit in to all this? this is what he does basically, in a nut shell. he is able to f **** with the stabilty of the outer shell, ripping off electrons at will, and cuasing the atoms to annhilate, and since there are literally billions--no make that trillions of atoms in any given location he has quite a many to destabilze (by unknown means of course)

now we all know that the forky thing on his forhead is what collects all these free electrons which he then uses to increase his strength, fly,emit concussive waves from his hands, and of course, charge his "master blow". Marvel.com concurs that he draws them from the environment and for his voice Wiki says that

"The speech center of Black Bolt's brain contains an organic mechanism able to generate an as yet unknown type of particle which interacts with ambient electrons to create certain phenomena determined by mental control." and "This effect is not just a shockwave, but a wave of transformative energy, destroying everything that it touches.." or in other words

now im sure that jack kirby and stan lee werent exactly holding PHD's in physics when they were figuring all this out , and we for that matter cant figure it out either,but i can only assume that this unknown means is probably by using the electric charge in his body to excite these electrons in this destructive manner......or at th very least his own body heat. which would make sense seeing as how he is fully superior to inhumans let alone normal humans. im willing to bet that his body temp. is probably above our 98.6, and maybe he has a way of warming his muscles the same way we do when we do strenous activties, but for him at a faster(that i admit is as good as any guess)

So whats the moral of the story and the purpose for my 10 page essay? laughing laughing the energy relased is transformative, therefore since Iron man's armor is a stack of atoms...you know...like everything else in the fabric of space and time roll eyes (sarcastic) he wont be absorbing a damn thing, not now, not anytime soon... the atoms making up his suit, his sweat, and every fiber of his being will be ripped apart by this aforementioned "transformative energy" also dont let that 60 tons bullshit fool either, he can make himslef as strong as he freaking wants, the more he harnesses..he just sits at the level bcuz its whats optimal to him....of course you justy know that some muckity muck writer is gonna pen IM owning BB, and absorbing his energies just to make me look bad. and everyone is gonna go over this with a fine tooth comb to pick it apart, but its cool....BB by a mile smokin'

clapping

That was entertaining... And it was probably a B for effort... But the bottom line is that all of what you said in reference to BB's vocal powers and whether or not IM can absorb it and reuse it to further power his suit is purely speculation on your part and nothing more...

IM owns BB

smokin'

ExtraMision5555
clapping

That was entertaining... And it was probably a B for effort... But the bottom line is that all of what you said in reference to BB's vocal powers and whether or not IM can absorb it and reuse it to further power his suit is purely speculation on your part and nothing more...

IM owns BB

smokin'

With that in mind (the post you quoted)
i dont see how iron man could suck in that type of energy without i duno, his hands explodeing.

but this is irreleveant i know, cuz this is an h2h fight
im still confused as to how iron man would own BB
thje more i think about it, the less it makes sense
but thats your opinion
and thats definately okay

What If...
His 'speculation' was based on scientifc fasts.

YOU have shown nothingto say IM can absorb such a POWERFUL vocal assault. He can't.

BB owns IM yes

manjaro
clapping

IM owns BB
smokin'

entertaining..yes.. Speculation hardly...sure i tried to mix it with real science but thats the only feasible way it would make sense to me... especially since kirby wasnt like ok Black bolts powers are explained as.....(a,b,c,d,e,f........etc)

oookaayyy soooo let me get this straight you claiming that IM can absorb the energy despite not having seen him do it..thats not speculation? yep. flawless logic on your part..i based mine on ppl like darksied when he fires his omega beams they disintegrate shit and thats all thier is to it. sure superman deflected it with his heat vision.....WW deflected it with her magic bracelets. but it cannot be absorbed..

but For black bolt once this energy is unleased,and this is what im trying to make you understand, every single electron thats caught up in the shockwave of his voice WILL be obliterated. this isnt voodoo science over here..the reason we actually hear "sounds" when we speak is becuz our vocal chords approach the sound barrier and carries our voice on the shockwave so ppl can "hear" us from various distances.

so what do we have....well ok since you asked.. wink in the air we got O2 atoms(second most abundant on earth)..each atom has 8 electrons...then we have nitrogen 7 electrons. and whatever sand and dirt are made of and CO2 and everything else floating around in the atmosphere..(sigh) simply put any thing BB yells at its atoms are gonna lose electrons.....electrons annhilate...atoms explode...and the more atoms explode the more electrons annhilate until a super massive amount of energy his built up and it doesnt matter what atoms those electrons are attached to, they will be ripped apart(like a suit of armor for instancebig grin)..it is basically like a variation on nuclear fusion without the heat, plasma and radiation.... so again i say, unless IM armor is made up of substances not found in the universe, i dont see any plausible way he can absorb a damn thing..but hey there's obviously no convincing you soo what am i gonna do erm

BB by a Mile smokin'

ExtraMision5555
entertaining..yes.. Speculation hardly...sure i tried to mix it with real science but thats the only feasible way it would make sense to me... especially since kirby wasnt like ok Black bolts powers are explained as.....(a,b,c,d,e,f........etc)

oookaayyy soooo let me get this straight you claiming that IM can absorb the energy despite not having seen him do it..thats not speculation? yep. flawless logic on your part..i based mine on ppl like darksied when he fires his omega beams they disintegrate shit and thats all thier is to it. sure superman deflected it with his heat vision.....WW deflected it with her magic bracelets. but it cannot be absorbed..

but For black bolt once this energy is unleased,and this is what im trying to make you understand, every single electron thats caught up in the shockwave of his voice WILL be obliterated. this isnt voodoo science over here..the reason we actually hear "sounds" when we speak is becuz our vocal chords approach the sound barrier and carries our voice on the shockwave so ppl can "hear" us from various distances.

so what do we have....well ok since you asked.. wink in the air we got O2 atoms(second most abundant on earth)..each atom has 8 electrons...then we have nitrogen 7 electrons. and whatever sand and dirt are made of and CO2 and everything else floating around in the atmosphere..(sigh) simply put any thing BB yells at its atoms are gonna lose electrons.....electrons annhilate...atoms explode...and the more atoms explode the more electrons annhilate until a super massive amount of energy his built up and it doesnt matter what atoms those electrons are attached to, they will be ripped apart(like a suit of armor for instancebig grin)..it is basically like a variation on nuclear fusion without the heat, plasma and radiation.... so again i say, unless IM armor is made up of substances not found in the universe, i dont see any plausible way he can absorb a damn thing..but hey there's obviously no convincing you soo what am i gonna do erm

BB by a Mile smokin'

Ignoreing the thread intent for a moment, this is exactly what i have been thinking although clearly your knoweldge of physics or whatever, eclipses mine. i just dont see how IM could absorb BB's scream without some sort of mythical, wild out-of-character device. infact your logic is kinda how it is explained in the comics. as a sort of nuclear blast minus the actual nuclear heatness and all the visible stuff. itd be like a vaccume cleaner sucking up, i duno, a ghost or something

Innerhype
If this was more than just a hand to hand battle Black Bolt will not be winning by a mile.

I see Black Bolt will having a tough time dealing with Iron Man's speed. Iron Man's reaction speed is in the nanosecs, he moves many times faster than the speed of sound. (It may be lame but he could just speedblitz him effortlessly)

Other out-comes....

Distract Black Bolt with dozens of holograms, strike at weak spots such as Black Bolt's antenna.

Iron Man could just cloak, move in and whap in the back of the head maybe.

Iron Man could snipe him with his pulse bolts from miles away with pinpoint accuarly.

I don't think Iron Man could absorb Black Bolt's scream either, but at the same time I don't think he would ever have to since Tony would be keeping on his toes to avoid it.

Mindship
From reading the posts above, I just wanted to say a few things...

1. Iron Man can absorb energy. There have been scans posted in other threads where he either stated he could do so (eg, when he decked Thor, he said he could absorb a "multi-million kilowatt" lightning bolt, and did absorb Thor's lightning); or actually did so (when he absorbed some, Some of the Surfer's power).

2. The thing is, if Black Bolt's scream is being compared to a nuke, even a 1 kiloton blast generates power in the "multi-million" megawatt range: 1000x what is stated above. I simply don't know if IM can absorb this much power.

3. To rip electrons from generally stable atoms takes a lot of energy. Where does Black Bolt get this initial energy from?

4. "Free-floating electrons" do not stay free-floating for long, as neither do the ions created near them. BB has to act fast before the atoms recombine.

5. When electrons are "ripped" from atoms, neither the atoms/ions or the electrons 'annihilate'. You do Not even get a nuclear reaction, you get a chemical reaction, which is about a million times less energetic. This means, to create a chemical explosion on par with a nuke, Black Bolt would have to rip electrons from thousands of tons of atmospheric atoms in one second (which harkens back to point #3: Where does he get this initial power from?).

Basically, Iron Man is such a malleable character because he uses all kinds of tech, that it is entirely conceivable he could beat Black Bolt, though generally I see BB as the more powerful being.

manjaro
Originally posted by Mindship
From reading the posts above, I just wanted to say a few things...

1. Iron Man can absorb energy. There have been scans posted in other threads where he either stated he could do so (eg, when he decked Thor, he said he could absorb a "multi-million kilowatt" lightning bolt, and did absorb Thor's lightning); or actually did so (when he absorbed some, Some of the Surfer's power).

2. The thing is, if Black Bolt's scream is being compared to a nuke, even a 1 kiloton blast generates power in the "multi-million" megawatt range: 1000x what is stated above. I simply don't know if IM can absorb this much power.

3. To rip electrons from generally stable atoms takes a lot of energy. Where does Black Bolt get this initial energy from?

4. "Free-floating electrons" do not stay free-floating for long, as neither do the ions created near them. BB has to act fast before the atoms recombine.

5. When electrons are "ripped" from atoms, neither the atoms/ions or the electrons 'annihilate'. You do Not even get a nuclear reaction, you get a chemical reaction, which is about a million times less energetic. This means, to create a chemical explosion on par with a nuke, Black Bolt would have to rip electrons from thousands of tons of atmospheric atoms in one second (which harkens back to point #3: Where does he get this initial power from?).

Basically, Iron Man is such a malleable character because he uses all kinds of tech, that it is entirely conceivable he could beat Black Bolt, though generally I see BB as the more powerful being.

that is actually more brillaint than i ever could have worded it.. you see thats my point exactly since marvel saved themselves by saying that its from an undetermined source, by an unknown means we can only make educated guesses. i know that you dont get a nuclear reaction...thats why i said earlier that Ions are 1/2 the ingeridents for plasma...#5 hits the nail right on the head there indeed are thouands of tons of atmospheric atoms, but that doesnt mean that he can excite all of them(he can sure try tho big grin ) thats why every writer including kirby and lee and everyone since has shown him only whispering, and play on the whole if he shouts everyone is gonna die.

oh to the other poster and im willing to wager than BB reaction time is just as profound as IM is, why cuz inhumans speed, stamina, reaction time and reflexes are superior to humans...and BB is superior to all inhumans.so at the very least I put him on equal footing. remember it was the same reflexes that allowed him to punk ikaris in mid air

Tony Stark

BB by a Mile smokin'

confused

A. I never said that IM could absorb the energy...I was refuting the fact that you said he could not...Because he has never tried to do that so how would either of know for sure other than pure speculation. wink

B. DS and his OE it wasn't absorbed by either Supes or WW because neither of them have the capabilities to do so in their power sets... And just because it didn't happen as afore mentioned doesn't mean that it can't be done... (ie... Rogue, Super-adaptnoid, IM)
big grin

ExtraMision5555
If this was more than just a hand to hand battle Black Bolt will not be winning by a mile.

I see Black Bolt will having a tough time dealing with Iron Man's speed. Iron Man's reaction speed is in the nanosecs, he moves many times faster than the speed of sound. (It may be lame but he could just speedblitz him effortlessly)

Other out-comes....

Distract Black Bolt with dozens of holograms, strike at weak spots such as Black Bolt's antenna.

Iron Man could just cloak, move in and whap in the back of the head maybe.

Iron Man could snipe him with his pulse bolts from miles away with pinpoint accuarly.

I don't think Iron Man could absorb Black Bolt's scream either, but at the same time I don't think he would ever have to since Tony would be keeping on his toes to avoid it.

No
at the minimum, blackbolt's reflexes are on par with Iron Man's suit, and thats just at the MINIMUM. He dedicates his life to this kind of stuff. Black bolt will have a non-tough time dealing with Iron man's speed (has dealt with ikarus before). the only area BB could possibly be outmatched here is in Strength output, and even that is debateable and non-match determining. i seriously doubt BB's limit is a mere 60 tons

manjaro
confused

A. I never said that IM could absorb the energy...I was refuting the fact that you said he could not...Because he has never tried to do that so how would either of know for sure other than pure speculation. wink

B. DS and his OE it wasn't absorbed by either Supes or WW because neither of them have the capabilities to do so in their power sets... And just because it didn't happen as afore mentioned doesn't mean that it can't be done... (ie... Rogue, Super-adaptnoid, IM)
big grin

A. huh? is you refute me that means your view is opposite to mine. sooooooooo in other words you were saying that he can confused

B. i never said they absorbed i said they deflected it.....cuz his beams cannot be absorbed as they disintegrate everything in thier path..WW has magic bracelets and superman...well...he's got the ability to pull powers out of his ass so i wouldnt be able to tell you how he did it. maybe i should stop writing lengthy responses cuz the minute details always get lost in the body.....but i dont know of late i just feel so passionate about BB and when ppl start placing him aganist ppl he'll obviously rape...i just wanna shake somebody laughing

BB by mile smokin'

ExtraMision5555
\but i dont know of late i just feel so passionate about BB and when ppl start placing him aganist ppl he'll obviously rape...i just wanna shake somebody laughing

BB by mile smokin'

rofl
shake somebody? lolol

its because bb is the fuggin grind

Innerhype
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
No
at the minimum, blackbolt's reflexes are on par with Iron Man's suit, and thats just at the MINIMUM. He dedicates his life to this kind of stuff. Black bolt will have a non-tough time dealing with Iron man's speed (has dealt with ikarus before). the only area BB could possibly be outmatched here is in Strength output, and even that is debateable and non-match determining. i seriously doubt BB's limit is a mere 60 tons

Batman is a kind of person who dedicates his life to that kind of stuff as well, and that doesn't exactly makes much of a differance.

From what I could gather, Ikarus's speed isnt anywhere close to being near what Iron Man's is. Iron Man however would be a blur to the human eye moving on foot, he has been recently clocked flying at mach 8.7. Sentry even said he was damn fast and he moves at light speeds. That soildly puts even a superspeeder like Quicksilver to shame.

So Yes, I still think Black Bolt would have a tough time dealing with that.

ExtraMision5555
Batman is a kind of person who dedicates his life to that kind of stuff as well, and that doesn't exactly makes much of a differance.

From what I could gather, Ikarus's speed isnt anywhere close to being near what Iron Man's is. Iron Man however would be a blur to the human eye moving on foot, he has been recently clocked flying at mach 8.7. Sentry even said he was damn fast and he moves at light speeds. That soildly puts even a superspeeder like Quicksilver to shame.

So Yes, I still think Black Bolt would have a tough time dealing with that.

Im a little confused at the batman analigy, it sounds like your compareing apples and oranges. So ill skip that,
However, this is not a race, this is an H2h fight. It is illogical to assume iron man fights at light speeds or anything remotely close to it. not that thats what you were implying, but what im saying is that Iron man has no speed advantage over BB, in h2h combat, they are on at the minimum equal footing. He wouldent have a hard time dealing with that.

I think alot of people mistake BB for a screaming maniac who uses his voice to solve all his problems. Blackbolt time and time again has gone h2h with people well beyond Iron man. Shrugging off incredible blows from the thing in his early showings (and this is a lower end showing) reminds me that IM isint going to do much more to him than what he hasnt allready handled. In his fight(s) with Hulk he showed the durability required to suck up enraged strikes from him as well.

This is the guy that destroyed Sphinx (after sphinx easily defeated the fantastic 4, the inhumans royal family & quicksilver) With merely blasts and punches. Whom also endured excruciateing torture, and shortly after engaded in h2h combat with Gladiator. The same guy who after going H2h with Thor (and fairing very well UNTILL being struck in his antenna) Fought a team of Namor, thing, mr fantastic, invisible woman, human torch, medusa, gorgon and karnak in a weakened state. Blackbolt has the durability, H2h finess and damage output to put IM down permnantly, the ONLY way IM can win this is if he were to strike him in his antenna (and thats not even a gaurenteed win, as he has shown to go into a berzerk/weakened state if this happens) Or unless he is holding some unholy artifact that is going to suck blackbolts lungs out.

H2H
Black Bolt 8/10
Regular, BB 10/10.

http://img140.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-18222/loc24/b3558_vsike1.jpg

manjaro
i have to cosign that as well..if you check BB's matchups 90% of the time he doesnt even use his voice. and as far as durability, ronan the accuser once turned hi sown power against him and he didnt even scream out in pain tho the caption said how excrutiating it was he also suffered blinding torture at the hands of ronan and still didnt scream. in fact, on the planet he and the rest of the inhumans were held he let out a little scream to ease his pain and volcanoes , and earth quakes were popping off on the other side of the planet

manjaro
bump you dirty bastards I wont allow you to kill the truthbig grin

Innerhype

During a Hulk story, which I think was the latest of many Hulk/Iron Man tangles, Tony tested his armor against a gamma bomb at ground zero that had the power of 7+ megatons (I added the + because Tony actually increased the tonnage just to see what the armor could really do). After getting blown away for what I think was miles, Tony picks himself up and the armor and himself (save for a lil gamma poisoning) was completely unharmed.

In comparison, "Little Boy" which was the nuke used at Hiroshima had a blast power of 13 to 16 kilotons (estimations vary), it isn't the most powerful one made but I think it is the one most known.
1 Megaton = 1000 kiloton

So, if this is any indication to Iron Man's durability compared to Gladiator, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Glads got owned stick out tongue

Oh, and Iron Man by a mile smile

manjaro
nice try palbig grin that armor tony made was an experimental one he was designing for high hazard construction, and the hulk owned him easy

ExtraMision5555
nice try palbig grin that armor tony made was an experimental one he was designing for high hazard construction, and the hulk owned him easy

smile

Innerhype

Happy Dance

I'd say take away all the gamma absorption it was able to do and your left with that an armor even weaker than the normal Tony ones uses. Remember, Tony never sold any element of Iron Man to the government ( if he did, the results could be catastrophic)and that gamma armor was designed just for them.

Darth Vegas

What fight did you read? That storyline was called "Big Things".

Hulk hardly owned Iron Man in that encounter.

And "owned him easy"?

Please. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Unless your interpretation of "owning" means the same thing as struggling.

You should read that story more closely. If anything, Iron Man was in control of that match up (granted, Tony really wasn't himself due to slight gamma radiation poisoning).

manjaro
well i actually own a copy..admittedly i havent read it in a while it wasnt for construction it was for gamma absorption after a nuclear attack...well yes hulk did still own him easy. play by play...... IM was tripping off pure oxygen in the suit, he smacked hulk in the face, hulk went down..huge crater in the ground...tony stood over him and said

"its going to be alright bruce, i promise i just lost control, but im going to make it up to you, you have my word ....here" tony plops an empty bottle of pain killers on hulk's face, then flies off and sacrastically says "take two--with water"

skip ahead a few panels tony destroys a fighter jet that was in the area just for the f **** of it(obviously still stoned as hell)..saves the pilot. hulk leaps at him from outta nowhere and delivers a massive punch in the back and says "somebody gave you permssion to leave?" in the mean time some crazy ass dude is trying to detonate the other nuclear bomb back at the site(they were in the desert) hulk wont let up, squeezing the shit outta him in fact..tony's all like "let me go you idiot im ok now...ive come back to my senses"(all the while trying to beat hulk off him) the bomb explodes hulk says its a little late...end of matchup...

so yeah he did kind of own him..cuz when the fight just started hulk was trying to plug the hole in the ground with a boulder to prevent the radiation from contaminating the area. cuz once it went off and the armor soaked it up tony just got high all of a sudden and flew off... they were even telling him back at mission control that he would contaminate the area so hulk went to plug the crater he just flew out of. however the armor was very impressive tho...

but that one like i said was and experimetal one, a bulkier than normal one at that...it was made to withstand a nuclear device at ground zero and absorb radiation...the extremis armor , with its flat panel design and ability to be folded down and packed into a freaking suit case isnt NEARLY as durable as that one...not even f ****ing close, it might be the best and coolest one to date, but not more durable than the afore mentioned one..therefore, i dont know why it was even brought up in the first place..oh yes i remember somebody said since the armor stood up to a nuke that makes tony more durable than gladiator...right wink it all makes sense, such a conclusion

ExtraMision5555
well i actually own a copy..admittedly i havent read it in a while it wasnt for construction it was for gamma absorption after a nuclear attack...well yes hulk did still own him easy. play by play...... IM was tripping off pure oxygen in the suit, he smacked hulk in the face, hulk went down..huge crater in the ground...tony stood over him and said

"its going to be alright bruce, i promise i just lost control, but im going to make it up to you, you have my word ....here" tony plops an empty bottle of pain killers on hulk's face, then flies off and sacrastically says "take two--with water"

skip ahead a few panels tony destroys a fighter jet that was in the area just for the f **** of it(obviously still stoned as hell)..saves the pilot. hulk leaps at him from outta nowhere and delivers a massive punch in the back and says "somebody gave you permssion to leave?" in the mean time some crazy ass dude is trying to detonate the other nuclear bomb back at the site(they were in the desert) hulk wont let up, squeezing the shit outta him in fact..tony's all like "let me go you idiot im ok now...ive come back to my senses"(all the while trying to beat hulk off him) the bomb explodes hulk says its a little late...end of matchup...

so yeah he did kind of own him..cuz when the fight just started hulk was trying to plug the hole in the ground with a boulder to prevent the radiation from contaminating the area. cuz once it went off and the armor soaked it up tony just got high all of a sudden and flew off... they were even telling him back at mission control that he would contaminate the area so hulk went to plug the crater he just flew out of. however the armor was very impressive tho...

but that one like i said was and experimetal one, a bulkier than normal one at that...it was made to withstand a nuclear device at ground zero and absorb radiation...the extremis armor , with its flat panel design and ability to be folded down and packed into a freaking suit case isnt NEARLY as durable as that one...not even f ****ing close, it might be the best and coolest one to date, but not more durable than the afore mentioned one..therefore, i dont know why it was even brought up in the first place..oh yes i remember somebody said since the armor stood up to a nuke that makes tony more durable than gladiator...right wink it all makes sense, such a conclusion

wow, incredible post

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>