All clues point to Jack and Elizabeth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lovethemtigers
I know we have discussed all this on other threads, but felt like starting a new one.

Here's a list of clues that I think Disney puts in the movie on purpose for us (the audience) to take notice of the Jack/Elizabeth relationship (they may not be noticed the first time, but on a second viewing they are very evident):

1. Will and Liz's wedding is stopped due to them being arrested for helping _JACK.
2. Lord Beckett's comment to Liz when she has him at gunpoint making him sign the letters of marque...."Take into your calculations that you have robbed my of my wedding night," He says..."Ah yes, a wedding interupted...or fate intervenes...You seem to be taking great efforts to ensure the freedom of Jack Sparrow" Liz responds, "These are for Will", and Beckett says, "oh really. Then for Will Turners' freedom, either way I will still need that compass..." (okay, so here he is hinting that fate has intervened to stop her from marrying the wrong man)
3. When the group visits Tia's cabin --Will tells her they need to find the key, Tia says to Jack "the compass you bartered from me, it can't help you find this?" and Jack says, "Maybe, Why?" Tia smiles and says, "Ahh, Jack Sparrow don't know what he want, or maybe he know what he want but its loath to claim it as his own....." (IMO, this means he wants Elizabeth but cannot claim her for his own..because of Will???) then when she tells them of the story of Davy Jones, Tia says "He was a great sailor unitl he ran afoul of something that vexed him." Tia says it is something that vexes all men, and Will asks "What vexes men?" Gibbs offers "The sea" and the other two pirates offer some answers and Jack says "A woman". Tia then says, "A woman. He fell in love with a woman. A woman as changing, as harsh and as untameable as the sea.....he couldn't live with the pain, yet he could not die, so he cut him heart out..." (It's kind of ironic that Jack knew that it would be a woman that would vex a man....sometimes I wonder if his story is mirroring Davy Jones...he has fallen in love with Elizabeth....and was a good sailor...)
4. When Norrington notices that Liz is smiling after her persuade me conversation with Jack...."Curious thing..there was a time when i would have given anything for you to look like that when thinking about me..", Liz responds, "I don't know what you mean." Norrie says, "Oh, I think you do." Liz responds "Don't be absurd I trust him that's all" and Norrie starts to walk off then turns back and says, "So you never wondered how your latest finace ended up aboard the Flying Dutchman in the first place." He shakes his head and laughs.

Here Elizabeth opens the compass and it points to Jack....earlier Jack tells Elizabeth point blank that the compass points to the thing you want most in this world....

5. On the beach, The compass once again points to Jack and she gets aggravated saying "This compass does not work and it certainly doesn't show you what you want most." Norrington knows the compass pointed to Jack and they show a shot of Norrington rolling his eyes with an expression that says "Oh Please, just admit that you want the guy and stop kidding yourself."

To me these more than anything show that Disney definitely is looking toward a Jack/Elizabeth relationship... And as for the "happy ever-after endings" Disney style....well, IMO the happy ever after ending for me, and I know scores of other fans, is for Jack and Liz to sail away together....I truly believe they can be together without Will having his heart torn out...anyways...just some thoughts. Any other clues ya'll picked up on....

LovelyOne
VERY good observations!! and they are so very VERY true..I agree will wont tear his heart out..I feel his dad is going to talk big sense to him...I also think that Jacks dad is going to make Jack realise something about himself...perhaps that Liz is the missing part of him or something. Words of wisdom from their daddy dearest..

but I don't think it's going to be Jack who is mirroring Davy..since the actual Director has said its going to be Will/Liz who mirrors Davy/Calypso...Jack's not exactly the best sailor either laughing out loud There a re tonnes of hints that its Will..especially the part where he's playing with the knife at the end after just seeing Liz kiss Jack...I mean hello...MASSIVE symbolism right there..what is he going to DO with that knife if Liz overstepps the line next time...but on much BIGGER scale..for example leaving him for Jack??

What also makes me laugh about Norrington is the FACT he knew that the compass would point to jack if Liz looked at it so he then makes her question how Will got onto the Dutchman..It points to Jack..she then thinks that the compass is saying JACK left him on the Dutchman when its NOT what the compass is really saying to her at all..Its shakes Liz's trust in Jack......SCORE 1 to Norrington when it comes to Liz in that scene. laughing out loud sly son of a gun big grin

"Also the whole loathe to claim it for his own" loathe means hate...he will "hate to claim Liz for his own"?? confused maybe she meant Jack is loathing having the problem of Will when he wants Liz? Will is a bother to him in the movie its clear...so he's loathing the hassle of trying to be rid of him..

diddly-dum
Agreeing with the both of you

LovelyOne
LOL oh wait...loath means wary or reluctant..so he knows what he wants but unsure of how to claim it for his own...and is wary about claiming it for his own..because Will is right there.

diddly-dum
Dunno,.. not much into romantics,so I don't know exactly how it works,..

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by LovelyOne
LOL oh wait...loath means wary or reluctant..so he knows what he wants but unsure of how to claim it for his own...and is wary about claiming it for his own..because Will is right there...

BINGO! Exactly....Jack knows he wants Liz but doesn't know how to claim it...IMO The Compass is the central theme of this movie, there is so much emphasis put on the compass....Beckett wants the compass.. Tia wants to know why the compass isn't helping Jack to locate the chest (if that is what he wants most in this world), Jack explains the compass to Liz in a very sensual scene to me - just the way he is looking at her, the way he place the compass in her hand...., Liz holding the compass and it pointing to Jack each time....Jack holding the compass in the long boat and showing back up on the Pearl to save the day...

And Yes, Jack does seem to be trying to steer Will toward other interests in this movie...Jack knows that Bootstrap Bill is on the Flying Dutchman.....so maybe he knows Will may be destracted from Liz by trying to help his father....

LovelyOne
Yes I noticed that about that scene where he gives Liz the compass too..She seems to be totally engrossed by Jack's proximity to her..Norrington is trying to get her attention but the scene is most definitely about their closeness and the intensity she is feeling of him touching her hands and speaking to her as if she is..I don't know if "precious" is the right word.

Also the reluctance to claiming Liz could also mean that Jack is in denial "I'm jack SPARROW..i don't GET feelings for women..." Oh but you ARE Jack whether you like it or not laughing out loud

And thats true..Its as if Jack wanted Will on the Dutchman..he is constantly trying to get rid of him through out the movie by smacking his head in with the oar and constantly ridiculing his manhood....look at his face when Will appears on the beach out of no where..he's like "oh CRAP..I THOUGHT I got rid of you damn it!"

AHA I wonder if Liz will realise why Jack was trying to get rid of Will laughing out loud She might realise that it was all for HER..I wonder if that will piss her off..or maybe even flatter her big grin...maybe she did actually realise why Jack did it in movie 2 and that gave her all the more reason to see him as a greater temptation to her..

diddly-dum
confused

random21
haha yet ANOTHER jack/elizabeth thread. its soo hard to follow all them lol. anyways i agree with basically everything you guys said. i think that elizabeth will be flattered that jack did everything for her, not pissed. but she could think that jack was being selfish, but i mean come on. its for HER.

and you guys are right. look at jacks reaction when he sees will come back from the dutchman. he is always trying to get rid of her. and IMO he looks kinda jealous when will and liz were kissing.

theres like 473289164 clues that lead to jack/liz. i dont know how they wouldnt be together?

katelovespirate
sometimes girls feel like they have to be noble and give up the hott man for the good guy. i dont know why. i think thats they dumbest thing ever. but its still out there.

speaking of the kiss: Jack is INCREDIBLY vulnerable in this scene. I think that's what causes him to call Liz a pirate actually... not just because she tricked him, because she's done that before, but because she really, REALLY got inside him, got him to open up, caught him off guard and took away his defenses, and THEN tricked him... ya know?
Jack is just a player- so normally, he would probably be pretty aggressive in a situation like that. But Liz is actually the aggressive one, Jack is pretty vulnerable or something... its lovely.

In the curiosity scene, when Liz is practically begging Jack to kiss her, she has her tongue ready and everything. LOL.

diddly-dum
like I said before,.. i never get romantics,.. but I'll try to follow/learn reading

LovelyOne
Originally posted by katelovespirate
sometimes girls feel like they have to be noble and give up the hott man for the good guy. i dont know why. i think thats they dumbest thing ever. but its still out there.

speaking of the kiss: Jack is INCREDIBLY vulnerable in this scene. I think that's what causes him to call Liz a pirate actually... not just because she tricked him, because she's done that before, but because she really, REALLY got inside him, got him to open up, caught him off guard and took away his defenses, and THEN tricked him... ya know?
Jack is just a player- so normally, he would probably be pretty aggressive in a situation like that. But Liz is actually the aggressive one, Jack is pretty vulnerable or something... its lovely.

In the curiosity scene, when Liz is practically begging Jack to kiss her, she has her tongue ready and everything. LOL.

LMFAO!! *goes to watch that scene again* I never saw her getting her tongue ready in that scene..

I thought he just called her pirate because he knew she would come over to his side...thats why he was smiling because he was right about what he said to her before..he had won her over...I have a bit of a feeling Jack knew something was a little fishy..but he let it play out because he wanted to see if he had won her over .... he let her take complete control of him in that scene meaning that everything she did SHE wanted, he didnt push anything on her...it wasnt him doing it to her..it was like validation to him that Liz wants him.

AHA also in the curiosity scene..watch out for that little smile of excitment on Liz's face just as Jack turns around and gets ready to kiss her..laughing out loud

lovethemtigers
You know something else I've been thinking about....It's not so much that Jack's not a good sailor, I mean look how he outsmarted the Commodore when stealing the Interceptor - to me that is one of Jack's finest moments "that's got to be the Best Pirate I have ever seen." and commodore: "And so it would seem." I love that part - the smile Jack flashes over his shoulder - and then when he tells will "Can you sail under the command of a pirate, or can you not?" all of Jack's clever plans run afoul - because of who? Stupid Bloody Will!!! I love that part on the deleted scenes on the island - he must say that to Elizabeth about three times....

anyways, I think Jack's problem is deep down inside he is too much of a good man - just as Barboorsa accuses him of in POTC 1 - he tells Jack that's his problem, he's too kind hearted, basically....Barboorsa says a man's easier to deal with dead...or something like that...

Because he is a good man - he is tricked twice by what vexes him most - Elizabeth - she tricks him into getting drunk and then she tricks him with the Kiss....Jack is very vunerable with Elizabeth - who would have ever thought that the roguish, happy go-lucky Pirate could be so vexed by a woman - it's kind of interesting isn't it? HA Love it....can't wait to see POTC 3 and how this will all shape out....

LovelyOne
Vexed means you are angry or displeased with something...he's not angry at Liz towards the end at all..He was during the first movie though..thats because he didn't have the same feelings for her then like he did later on..same goes for Liz...

I think the fact she did that to him again and then we see that the after shock was DIFFERENT to how it was in movie 1, confirmed that their feelings for one another have completley changed since movie 1

lovethemtigers
I'm not sure I agree with the theory that he knows what she is up to, I think after his hand is shackled then he's like "HA, so she has come over to my side, after all....she has done something very piratey...instead of noble.....that's why he is smiling, Jack has won her and now he knows it, she just proved it to him....That's why he is able to face the Kraken like a man, all brave and stuff.....cuz earlier he cowers everytime the Kraken is mentioned - now all of a sudden he's brave beyond belief! The love of a good woman......Love It.

LovelyOne
I agree actually...He probably didnt know she was about to trick him..Its only because he knows she's done it before to him that makes me think that..

Also..if anyone shows signs of being vexed with Liz..Its Will at the end..

Also when he say's "what vexes all men?" to Tia and tia smiles as if she knows whats going to happen with Will/Liz and says "what INDEED"..she knows Liz is going to be trouble for him..Will is going to get angry with her..

lovethemtigers
Vex also means to perplex - confuse, disorient....Jack does not think clearly when he is bedazzled by Elizabeth is what I mean when I say that.....

lovethemtigers
Come to think of it..if anyone shows signs of being vexed with Liz..Its Will at the end..

Also when he say's "what vexes all men?" to Tia and tia smiles as if she knows whats going to happen with Will/Liz and says "what INDEED"..she knows Liz is going to be trouble for him..Will is going to get angry with her..

Oh, I see good point...I hadn't thought of it that way...Hey, look at this picture of Will and Tia -

LovelyOne
AND yeah! you are so right about him being MASSIVELY confident as SOON as Liz just came down to his level ..then he gets his damn HAT BACK right at the end (meaning Liz) Liz just gave him all the strength and confidence he needed..She totally symbolizes the missing part of him that makes him feel confident..

Yes that pic of Will/Tia is quite...meaningful I think..Tia knows him inside and out.

LovelyOne
Also..I notice that Jack gave the rifle to to Gibbs just as he says to him "abandon ship into the longboat" as if it was an order to Gibbs..was this a hint that Jack was going to stay anyway? Giving the source of protection to Gibbs his right hand man whilst he goes and walks back to look at the pearl? He never says we'll abandon ship..he says it TO him as if he's not going to go with them...

Also when people are saying to him "its a lot of open water" in a scared kind of way. His face looks as if he is contemplating something in his mind "shall I stay and give them a chance?" I mean he just did something VERY noble for Liz because of his good nature..I feel that he might have stayed anyway..

sccch
HURRY UP 3RD MOVIE!!!!JumpyPlease let Jack and Lizz together!
Both of there last names are birds,and begin with the letter 'S'.
LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!

ELIZABETH
E is for Energetic
L is for Lovesick
I is for Innocent
Z is for Zippy
A is for Ambitious
B is for Bold
E is for Entertaining
T is for Tricky
H is for Handy

JACK
J is for Jealous
A is for Animated
C is for Clever
K is for Keen

WILL
W is for Witty
I is for Ideal
L is for Loud
L is for Lively

LovelyOne
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
Vex also means to perplex - confuse, disorient....Jack does not think clearly when he is bedazzled by Elizabeth is what I mean when I say that.....

OHH ok right smile

well it seems as if Liz is vexing both men in different ways..with Will its the anger and distrust..

With Jack..Its the fact that he is smitten with her..which can be seen as a problem to him..he THINKS needs to concentrate on his goal but then there's Liz distracting him laughing out loud He probably sees love as a sign of being weak. So i can understand why he would be slightly irritated with himself for having these feelings for Liz. But he just showed us that he is INCREDIBLY strong when it comes to protecting her..or when Liz has just rocked his world..She gives him a HUGE confidence..She brings out the best in him...his honorable nature..which is something he tries so hard to pretend he doesn't have he seems to see that as a sign of weakness..so to him Liz is his "weakness" when in reality she is his true strength..SHE is what makes him look BRAVE and INVINCIBLE instead of the MYTHS and LEGENDS he often creates about himself..like how he got off of the Island in the fisrt movie..it was a really crappy way that he got off so he LIED about how he did it to seem braver and more pirate like..but when it comes to Liz..he actually DOES show us that he really IS what he says he is..Which is a brave man..

jdl1224
Yay for another Liz/Jack Post! lol. Here comes my comments. smile

1. About Beckett saying 'or fate intervines' I knew about him saying that but I forgot he had mentioned Jack right after it. That's ironic? (I think not).

2 "Ahh, Jack Sparrow don't know what he want, or maybe he know what he want but its loath to claim it as his own" Well. I couldn't understand half of what she said and the last time I saw it was a while back- so, I don't remember hearing this. People on the board mentioned something about it but that is really weird. That never registered like "Elizabeth!"

3. The Norrie and Liz scene after the 'Pursuade Me' scene. See, when I saw that I thought Norrie was talking about Will. (When he says "Curious thing..there was a time when i would have given anything for you to look like that when thinking about me.."wink then she comes out and starts talking about Jack. Why does she instantly start talking about Jack? Shouldn't she want him to think she's thinking about Will?

4. When Will gets to the beach. Jack seems irritated, not just by his looks but the tone in his voice when he said "How did you get here!?" like he's saying 'UGH. great. I thought I got rid of you..."

5. I think if Liz finds out why Jack sent Will away she'll be pissed at first. Being her, I think she'll still try to fight it a little, and then be like "I can't believe you did this!" and then theyll have a lovely touching moment <3. And then she'll be flattered and they'll get together. smile

6. I never noticed she smiled after he turned to her for the kiss. *Going to watch it lol*

7. She has her tounge ready! haha. *Going to watch that too*

8. I don't think he actually knew what she was doing, I think he went along with it because it's something they both wanted. I don't think he was really expecting her to betray him- because he is really vunerable with Liz. He practically puts his guards down and trusts her- but when she chains him he smiles because he's come over to his side and he finds it ammusing to some extent. Thats why he smiles and says 'pirate.'

9. And he IS really confident afterward. *never realized it*

10. During the curiosity scene when she turns- she purposly gets really close to his face. She easily coulda talked to him side by side but she turns and leans on the boat so that shes right in front of him. I'm pretty sure it was on purpose to make the possibility of them kissing bigger.

sccch
4. When Will gets to the beach. Jack seems irritated, not just by his looks but the tone in his voice when he said "How did you get here!?" like he's saying 'UGH. great. I thought I got rid of you..."

I know, it's like " Great! Now I'm back to where I started!"
He also didn't seem to happy when Will said 'if you hadn't tricked me to settle your dept..." That look that he makes it like "Why did you have to say that?"

jdl1224
And Liz is like 'what!' and he goes 'what!??' haha. i love that part. but when he says it hes like 'what? i didnt do that?'

haha. but really- i LOVE that part. lol.

LovelyOne
ALL good points^^^big grin I agree with every one of them..the only thing that makes me wonder if Jack had a suspicion about Li in that scene was the fact that she did the exact same thing to him earlier on...maybe he wasn't expecting her to do it this time because he had just come back for her..she already had a great trust in him by that point..in the first movie she didn't have that trust factor with him..so thats why she didn't really care about betraying him to start with.

I think Jacks problem is that he is constantly TRYING to prove to himself that he is a full blooded pirate..he IS a pirate but not quite.. he is a good man too...and I think he hates that about himself..

For some reason he dislikes the thought of being honorable. I think he's like that because of something that happened in his past..according to wikipedia, he was working for the what he thought was the "honorable" Beckett and the EITC in his early life..and he finds out that they are actually pretty vile and evil people (transporting slaves). So he becomes a rogue and stands up against them..he is betrayed by those who he thought were honorable..

Also every time he has done the honest thing for people they usually betray him: Barbossa, Liz, the EITC..So i can understand how he doesn't want to let anyone get close and see the real him..

He seems to realise that people who protest the honorable side of life (Beckett, Norrington, EITC) are actually the most evil natured and weak...

Jack is nothing like those men though. He needs to realise that he can be TRULY HONORABLE and NOT actually become like those fake honorable men who he once put his faith into..

With Liz..I dont think he felt hurt by her betraying him the second time like he was the first time. The first time he was like GOD DAMN IT!! I let someone see the weak side of me and they totally stab me in the back...AGAIN!..im gonna shoot her...no wait I'll just run"

..something is different with him when it comes to Liz in movie 2

jdl1224
Thats a good point about the "honorable beckett' thing. That makes a lot of sense. I hadn't thought of that.

sccch
That's a VERY good point.

LovelyOne
LOl thanks^^

I think I know why he is different with Liz in move 2.. Liz is actually the person who makes him realise he can be honorable and STRONG and a decent man all at the same time....Unlike the men who say they are honorable but are actually VERY weak and evil... It's probably going to be Liz who makes him embrace that side of himself once and for all in the next movie. He realises that when he's around her he can be honorable and a good pirate at the same time and STILL be strong. She is what completes him..

jdl1224
aww. they compleat each other. <3
sorry, had to say it. smile

sccch
Well it's true.

CaptinJackLover
sry im just joining in right now. i was reading eveything you guys had written and you all have great points.

diddly-dum
diddo to that.

katelovespirate
im having one of those days where i dont think Liz and Jack will end up together... Jack's choice, not Liz's. HAHAHA. i havent changed sides or anything dont worry.

CaptinJackLover
i have some of those days too. sometimes i think that they wont end up together because he doesnt want to be tied down to one person or sumthing like that. but i still think they belong together.

lovethemtigers
Yeah, I know what ya'll mean - I do want Jack and Liz together but still wonder if the Will/Liz shipper's will get their Wish and have liz and will reunite (not that they've broken up or anything) - but just can't see how disney can explain away everything that happened in POTC 2....

lovethemtigers
Jack is very different towards Liz in this movie...In movie 1 he doesn't really flirt with her all that much....the only indication of flirting he does is on the island - but that's not even all that much and it's the rum talking...In POTC 2 from the first moment he sees her and in every scene they share together, there is nothing but flirting, sexual inuendos and kissing going on....It almost makes you wonder...since the last movie when Jack sails off to the HORIZON - has he been thinking about Liz and what could have been if she wasn't already spoken for? Is he thinking about Liz when they are in Tortuga (and Gibbs is recruiting crew members) and Jack is sitting with the compass saying "I know what I want, I know what I want." Is he frustrated cuz there's an inner voice inside him calling out to Liz, but he doesn't think he'd ever stand a chance with her....he must be quite surprised when she actually responds to his flirting and in fact flirts back....In every scene with Jack - she cannot take her eyes off of him - even in POTC 1 when they first meet - I love the scene when he is telling her about the chest and compass - their faces in that scene are so intent on each other - Norrington makes comments in the background, but they never once take their eyes off of one another - they never look at Norrington....Great scene.."Are you certain, is that what you really want"...

CaptinJackLover
Everything you said is 100% true. and yes i agree its a great scene. They both know what they want and what each other wants. But for some reason they dont want to come out and tell each other. It makes absolutely no sense as to why that cant just be happy and sail off away together without Will interrupting everything. Jack wants her more than Will. so they should forget about Will and live happily ever after! ( after they save him of course, because what is the point of being with someone if you dont think they are even alive)

CaptinJackLover
I just found the perfect video for liz and jack! the song goes perfectly. i luv it! check it out : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRbDZE_Wbek

lovethemtigers
Many of my favorite youtube videos have been removed as of today...no more watching LIz and Jack....so sad, truly unhappy about this miffed miffed

sccch
My Jack and Lizz vid has been removed, and I only used the trailers to the 2nd one. I'm tring to get them to E-mail it back to me so I can replace the clips from the 2nd with ones from the 1st.

sccch
heres two!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Tx6QJAFrTk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwU9e2J-GiE

CaptinJackLover
DID YOU MAKE THOSE TWO?

sccch
No. no the one I made got removed by Disney.

CaptinJackLover
OOO i know i saw a lot of them gone and i was so sad because i liked watching them sad

sccch
There's a group on YouTube that's dedicated to PotC,it use to have about 80 videos,now they only have 27.

CaptinJackLover
Disney is stupid! i dont get why it is soooo bad to have just a few clips from the movie. Its not like people are taking the entire movie and making it into a video. i dont get why it matters so much.

sccch
I only used the trailers to it.

CaptinJackLover
well that makes disney even more stupid. If they are going to release the trailers out to the public then they should expect that people are going to use them.

sccch
I KNOW!! Here's part of the E-mail I got.
"It doesn't matter if you recorded it for free from television, purchased a DVD, or recorded it yourself at an event-- you still need permission from the copyright holder(s) of the material you drew upon to make your new creation."

LovelyOne
WELL lets look at it on the bright side.. we know that Disney have now seen how popular the Jack/Liz aspect of the movies has become by seeing and removing all those vids..so maybe they will take the hint and give us what we want laughing out loud

sccch
True, maybe they're like "They're getting suspicious about this. QUICK! Take off all videos that have to do with those two!"

CaptinJackLover
Yes i agree.

lovethemtigers
Oh I hope so...I was at the store today in the magazine section and what to my wondering eye should appear..but a big Picture of Jack Sparrow on the front of a magazine..."Film Fantasy" or something like that...so I picked it up and started reading it...there was an interesting interview with Jerry. He said that the POTC trilogy would end at 3 - it would finalize the entire story...if there is a 4, as Johnny Depp wants, then it would have to be a totally different story...he also said that in three to expect bigger and better and that there would be lots of surprises and can't remember exactly how he said it but something to the effect that it was going be a much darker and more adult movie than the other two...and that it was going to do things never done by Disney before....and that the Will and Elizabeth relationship is not an easy one as will be discovered in 2 and 3...he said that Jack Sparrow's character was going to go through lots of changes as a result of the things he has gone through in 2 and 3...that to have a successful third movie...you can't do the expected, you must take risks and take unchartered areas never ventured before....he said that Barboorsa was going to be under the command of Davy Jones most of the movie???...that Jack was going to lead his crew to Sail of the Ends of the Earth to face down Lord Beckett and Admiral James Norrington....who are now cohorts with Davy Jones....can't remember the rest of the things he said...but found all this to be very interesting...

lovethemtigers
Arrrghhh, come on Disney....give us what we want...more Jack and Lizzie, Please......

CaptinJackLover
Hopefully Disney reads this so that they know what we want!

willofthewisp
Then has the one that is the whole beach scene from the first movie gone? It included the deleted scenes and put everything in the right order. Sigh. That was a neat one.

sccch
Originally posted by willofthewisp
Then has the one that is the whole beach scene from the first movie gone? It included the deleted scenes and put everything in the right order. Sigh. That was a neat one.

It's safe right now.
See!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dTCX8rxLac

diddly-dum
Originally posted by CaptinJackLover
Hopefully Disney reads this so that they know what we want!

Ya,.. Lets hope,.. thats all we can do,.. well you guys can go on strike infront of thee studio inLA or do it in the Bahammas!

CaptinJackLover
haha. i think i will do that big grin

diddly-dum
OHH take me with you!! I'll fit in a carry-on! lol stick out tongue

CaptinJackLover
LOL! ok! pack your stuff! we leave tommorrow! lol

diddly-dum
Okay! What airport?? lol

CaptinJackLover
LOL. Whichever one you can get to you! you know what, ill just pick you up!

sccch
I E-mailed Disney yesterday and asked them WHAT IS GOING ON. Maybe I should print out this stuff and send it to them! yes Huh? WHAT I COMING TOO!!

diddly-dum
Good idea sccch.
CaptainJackLover,.. pick me up at LAX!!tongue_ss

CaptinJackLover
YES I THINK YOU SHOULD. IF YOU DONT I WILL. ANYTHING TO GET THOSE VIDEOS BACK!

diddly-dum
You go girl,...rolleyes1

katelovespirate
maybe we should start making some serious disney phone calls. you know, call up, ask for Jerry B, act like you are someone important, tell him you dont feel comfortable with the Liz/Jack ending, and he will either go, What??? or go, we've been through this, its going to work!
hehehe

CaptinJackLover
LOL!

Jacky Sparrow
Well I hope that will end up like you said, but I don't believe it. Because I've read that Tia Dalma and Jack should be lovers again. I hate that imagination. Will should have her, but not Jack!!!

There are more hints in the story which can lead the story in Jack's direction:

The first scene is when Jack tries to convince that Liz should find the chest to save Will because his compass doesn't work. He said something to her: "It points on the things we want the most of the world" and he looks at her, so that you get the impression that she is everything he wanted the most. And she responds: "Oh, Jack! Do you really say the truth?" And if you read between the lines they are not talking about finding the chest or Will! (That's the impression I got)

An other scene; not mentioned yet is when Jack came back to the Black Pearl and take the pistol to shoot the rum and the powder, Liz clings to Jack legs and doesn't care about Will who crashed down right before that shot.

And in between, when Liz tells Jack that the paper is from Lord Cuttler Beckett. Mr. Gibbs says something that :"It's a horrible imagination for every mother, who has a son which is a pirate" An during that he looks on the sail then to Liz and Jack and again Liz and back to the sails. I mean it could be a hint that maybe it'll end up with Jack and Liz.

A hint given at the first film at the very beginnig the little Liz said that "I think it'd be exciting to meet a pirate." And "Actually I find it all faszinating"
And later in the house the maid said that "it must be terrible to be threatened by that pirate" and she just said: "Yes, it was terrifiying" (but in fact it wasn't; you can see it in her face she looked faszinated)

And I agree that Liz was really dissappointed that Jack hasn't kissed her allthough she said that she is proud of him.

LovelyOne
AHAHAHAHAHAH Jack end up with Tia..there was NO lovie dovey chemistry between the two at ALL laughing out loud who ever said that must have been watching a completley different movie to me laughing out loud

You have made some GREAT observations there^^^ I totally agree with all of them...that one about gibbs looking at jack and Liz and the sail..you think they might have a son together later on?

and especially the one about Jack finally realising what he needs most in life: Elizabeth....I think he really does want a person to be close to him...he is ready for it.

Jacky Sparrow
No, I've not seen another movie. I've read it in an interview the actrice of Tia Dalma. I think it's hinted with the fact that they knew eachother from the past. Horrible imagination!!

And maybe Jack and Liz will have a son, why not? Maybe although she is married to Will.

katelovespirate
eh, i support tia. probably not with Jack though. disney would have to do some major plot turn around/ love reversal/ wierd stuff to make it work. dont picture that happening.

Yeah, during the "it points to what you want most in this world" scene, Jack is totally not talking about the flipping compass. AT ALL. He is WAYYYYY too intense and close to her. its beautiful. i love hard dark his eyes get when he is being serious...

Jacky Sparrow
Look here:

... "With the seemingly imperiled Sparrow returning, fans can look forward to the aftermath of his love-triangle-creating kiss with Knightley, as well as further developments in his relationship with gypsy hostess with the mostess Tia Dalma.

"It's supposed to be that we're lovers," revealed actress Naomie Harris, who plays the mysterious soothsayer. "We talked about it in rehearsals, but Gore left it up to us, really, to come up with our own stories ourselves."

In the third film, Tia Dalma's role is expanded substantially, and she even gets to see some action. "I go on a ship with all the guys and go on their journey, which is really nice," Harris revealed. "No fighting, although I do throw a bomb. That's as physical as I get."
You can find it on the mtv page

LovelyOne
Originally posted by Jacky Sparrow
No, I've not seen another movie. I've read it in an interview the actrice of Tia Dalma. I think it's hinted with the fact that they knew eachother from the past. Horrible imagination!!

And maybe Jack and Liz will have a son, why not? Maybe although she is married to Will.

I actually thought that it was a really odd..I mean why bring up the mother and son thing?..but if you look at the real meaning of what he's saying and how he's looking at both of them..its almost like its hinting to the audience..if these two have a kid in the distant future..he or she wont be safe if the EITC control the sea..and she's not married to will confused only engaged..I'm talking abotu much later on..something we probably wont get to see..long after the love triangle has been sorted out and Liz ends up with Jack...IF she does that is lol..

oh god I hope its not tia he chooses..what a LAME way to end it..Disney must realise that lots and LOTS of people have been captured by this whole possibility of Liz/Jack...I personally dont want to see Tia and Jack end up together..BORING..if they do then what the heck was the point of wasting an hour or so of movie 2 developing a Jack/Liz on screen chemistry if it meant absolutley nothing in the long run Disney?..PLEASE tell me laughing out loud

They have once been lovers..maybe thats all she means...maybe she doesn't mean they WILL be lovers..if so that would well and truly suck..Maybe Liz will start getting jealous of his flirting with Tia...laughing out loud She also shows that interest in Will in movie 2..so I'm guessing she's going to keep trying it on with him in movie 3 laughing out loud

Jacky Sparrow
I don't hope it, too! She should mean the past... I don't like her! And she is not good for Jack!!!

Liz/Jack were both fascinated from each other, since they met the first time. And I think she should decide herself for Jack, even if she hurts Will (but she wounds the commodore before that, so why not Will this time)

I think Will was more interesting as the Commodore, I can understand it. And she thought that she loved Will because she didn't know guys who were interesting, before she met Jack.
The progress of realizing and admitting that could last till the end of part 3.

It's true that they spended a lot of time with thoses two and I think there will happen a lot of them in part 3 and I hope we all get our long wished end !!!

LovelyOne
YES I agree with you..the second movie raised the question of "are the 3 main characters REALLY happy in life?" and the next one is probably going to answer that question.

I think we will see that Liz doesn't really want to be married and constricted...she wants a free life with Jack...

Jack wants more in life than material possessions (meaning Liz)

Will.... I think Will's true happiness lies with his father to be honest..he pays more attention to his dad once he has come back into his life...instead of Liz...he wants a father figure more than love IMO he has always wanted his dad since before he even MET Liz..since he was a child...but PIRATES pretty much ruined that for him..he's not going to embrace the pirate life..I don't think..they have caused him too much pain in life..

If will almost goes over the edge at the end after losing Liz..its going to be his DAD who helps him out of it...not Liz or anyone else..I think its only going to be his dad who will mean enough to Will to stop him doing something stupid in the end like cutting his heart out..

Jacky Sparrow
Jo, you're right. And there should be a scene where Jack and Liz meet Jack's father. But not Will. So he must do something else during that time.

And I totally agree that Liz is not going to marry Will. Perhaps she realize it during the ceremony. That would be funny big grin

And with Will you're right. In the scene where the Pearl escapes from the Flying Dutchman because she is faster. Will want to save his father and turn the ship around and doesn't care about the persons on the Pearl (include Liz)

LovelyOne
I think its going to be during the ceremony too smile Will is actually mirroring Davy jones' story when it comes to his fiance..

Its so true each main character has actually reverted back to what they WANTED MOST in life since they were children..instead of what they think is most important in life..they are all begining to live their childhood dreams in movie 2.

With Jack..I honestly feel as if he has never been truly loved by anyone, Seems as if he has no mother..his father barley sees him..I reckon he has always wanted a person to love and be with but has never had it..and if he DOES he usually has been betrayed by them when he opens up. So he clings to his material possessions..Things that cant hurt him back..he puts all of his faith into them..he THINKS they make him happy..but these inanimate objects CANT love him back. I think he is beginning to realise this and he wants what he missed as a kid..someone to love him..which IMO is Liz

I think we might find this out in movie 3 when we are introduced to Jack's dad..we are going to find out that he has never really been loved as a child..

Keith Richards was SUPPOSED to be in movie 2 but he couldn't make it onto the set..so IMO we were originally meant to find out that jack has never really been loved as a child and its what he craves the most..just like we see the other 2 characters start to crave what they wanted as children in movie 2..with Liz its a pirate and with Will its his father figure.

hermione7
Sure wish that the clues really go to J/E rel.
I luv Jack and Liz

I just don't wanna keep my hopes higher... and don't wanna get sad again like the last time with harry hermione sad

lovethemtigers
Okay, all these postings, once again, are great. For "Jack Sparrow" - we have pointed out the clining to the leg scene and how significant that is on other Jack/Liz threads...just hasn't been mentioned on here...To me that is a very significant scene...I actually wrote this on another thread the other day - When Jack returns and picks up the rifle - she climbs up the stairs and clings to his leg (hero worship IMO) - if she is so into Will - it would have seemed more believable for her to say - Okay, You've got it handled, Jack, I must go see after the man I love, and run down to catch and support Will when he falls - but no, what does she do? Hang on to Jack - that is a very INTIMATE scene IMO - think about it - are you going to just cling to anybody's leg like that - I should think not....I LOVE THAT SCENE....And we have also commented on the Compass/Chest Scene - that is a very intense scene - Jack and Liz are so into each other - although Norrington is there adding in his two cents worth, they hardly pay any attention to him, Jack responds to Norrington's comments but he never takes his eyes from Liz's face - the chemistry between the two in that scene is HOT - and me too, I've often thought that Jack isn't actually talking about Will or the Chest in that scene - you definitely have to read between the lines...I love it when Jack says "Are you certain, is that what you Really Want?" and Liz answeres a little too abrasively "Of Course!" and then the scene goes on...Norrie can't beleive that Liz is being so blinded by Jack's charms...Jack says: "This compass does not point north" and Liz asks, "Where does it point?" Jack says "It points to the thing you want most in this world" then Liz says "Jack, are you telling the truth?" Jack responds, "Every word, Love." I love it after he tells Mr. Gibbs they have their heading finally - the way he praces in front of her - his gaze so intent, then he sweeps his arm toward the ship inviting Liz on board, "Ms. Swann" Great, Great Scene....but then again all of the Jack/Liz scenes are great, hot, sexually exciting and full of dynamic chemistry.

Disney would be absolutely crazy not to cash in on this chemistry...Jack and Tia - no way...I think Tia in that article is refering to her and Jack in the second movie....I think Will should end up with Tia - after Davy Jones is finally put to eternal death - maybe she will lose all that ugliness and reveal her true beauty...

willofthewisp
It would be kind of funny for Will to end up with Tia, a hotter, dangerous, older woman. In fact, I can't see it at all, but that's why it's amusing.

Will: I'm home. I brought you another sword.
Tia: Just put it with all the other ones
Will: Tia, dear, we talked about not leaving the voodoo dolls all over the floor.
Tia: Those were for you! They spell out "Will."
Will: Aw, you know all the right things to do.
(they kiss)
Can anyone really see that happening?

CaptinJackLover
LOL! EWW thats kinda gross when they kiss Will would probably say somehting like, "Tia, sweety, do you remember that talk we had about personal hygiene?" Tia gets quiet. Will ask one more time," you know that part about cleaning your teeth?!" Tia responds," OH, right, well, the black stuff just wont come off!"

diddly-dum
EEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!

CaptinJackLover
LOL

diddly-dum
well, its gross!

CaptinJackLover
its funny!hehehe

diddly-dum
i still think its gross*hmph*

CaptinJackLover
too bad. i think its funny and gross at the same time

diddly-dum
well, I am rooting for will, so I don't think its fair to stick him with Tia.

CaptinJackLover
yeah that owuldnt turn oyt so good if they got together. his teeth might turn black too. lol

willofthewisp
I can't see him with Tia for the life of me. I don't know how far apart in age Naomi Harris and Orlando Bloom are, but Tia seems so much older than Will, more so than Jack to Liz. And they don't seem compatible at all.

CaptinJackLover
yeah thats really true!

willofthewisp
Maybe it's just because she knows every freakin thing in the world. I really don't think she'll be romantically invovled with anyone, not even Davy. I think if she is his Calypso, whatever broke them will keep them apart.
Poor Will. Maybe his dad will introduce him to some lovely mermaid. I'm really surprised they haven't done anything with mermaids yet. Every civilization that sailed had a mermaid myth of some kind.

CaptinJackLover
ya i know they should! tat would be awesome!

willofthewisp
and she would love him so much she would become a human for him. She'd be a kickass heroine, too, kind of like Liz, but she makes a tremendous sacrifice for him and wins his heart forever.

diddly-dum
good idea,.. tell Disney!

willofthewisp
Disney's done it before.

diddly-dum
When?

CaptinJackLover
ya...when?

willofthewisp
the last time they had a mermaid become a human was back in 1989 with The Little Mermaid. She sacrificed her voice to win the heart of a prince.

diddly-dum
OHh,..Little Mermaid was THAT long ago?????

willofthewisp
yeah, can you believe it? We're getting old!

diddly-dum
WE??? I'm only in 8th grade!!!(I'm a teen!)
How old are you???

willofthewisp
21. I was being a little sarcastic saying we were old. But it will happen, all our beloved childhood movies will be so old.

diddly-dum
Ya, I like Beauty and the Beast...

LovelyOne
I notice that alot of people here are willing to accept that Liz has feelings for Jack but these exact same people find it harder to believe that Jack actually might want some human companionship in his life..its been clear since movie 1 that he probably does.....he is a person who puts others before himself quite a lot. If he was a person who didn't secretly like the love and trust returned to him then he wouldn't even bother helping people.....he wants to constantly please people but just doesn't like to admit it..He sees this needy part of his nature as a weakness in my opinion..so thats why he tries to constantly cover it up ...but when you scrape away that mask it means you can see him for what he really is..a person who wants to be loved..just like everyone else..and he HATES for people to see that..

diddly-dum
I've been thinking,.. What part do Gazelle and,...the other one play in this mmovie????

LovelyOne
all she does is slap jack laughing out loud..I hope to god Jack can do better than end up with one of his prostitutes in movie 3...what a lame ending for Jack that would be..

diddly-dum
YA.

Leggy_n_Merry
How come they always slap him for being with other girls if they're prostitues? blink

Awww The Little Mermaid came out the year I was born.

I notice that alot of people here are willing to accept that Liz has feelings for Jack but these exact same people find it harder to believe that Jack actually might want some human companionship in his life..its been clear since movie 1 that he probably does.....he is a person who puts others before himself quite a lot. If he was a person who didn't secretly like the love and trust returned to him then he wouldn't even bother helping people.....he wants to constantly please people but just doesn't like to admit it..He sees this needy part of his nature as a weakness in my opinion..so thats why he tries to constantly cover it up ...but when you scrape away that mask it means you can see him for what he really is..a person who wants to be loved..just like everyone else..and he HATES for people to see that..

Anyway.. although I have never posted in this thread I have accepted that Elizabeth has feelings for Jack (because you said people in here or did you mean in the Pirates of the Caribbean forum?). It's not like I ever denied them in the first place though. And I know there is a lot of evidence that they could end up together 'n' all, but I still don't really want it to happen sad And like I want Elizabeth to end up with Will, but it's not like I'm saying it's going to happen, I just mean I want it to happen. Oh yeah and about the companionship thing.. I can believe that he would want a life long companion, but what I mean is I can't imagine them living in a house with Jack wearing normal clothes (for the 18th century) with children happily married like normal couple laughing out loud But yeah I can understand that he could love someone and want to spend his life with them. As I said.. like if they lived on the ship wearing all the same gear (lol) and living his life as it is anyway.. I can imagine it. And finally.. I totally agree about the him helping others thing and your view on it that he hides it 'cause he feels it's a weakness I agree with too. Oooh you are a good film studies student aren't you?! It came in use yes

diddly-dum
Whats prostitues,...forgive me, but my vocabulary isn't all big!

Leggy_n_Merry
Prostitutes are women that sell their bodies (have sex) for money.

diddly-dum
no comment,...

LovelyOne
Originally posted by Leggy_n_Merry
How come they always slap him for being with other girls if they're prostitues? blink

Awww The Little Mermaid came out the year I was born.

Anyway.. although I have never posted in this thread I have accepted that Elizabeth has feelings for Jack (because you said people in here or did you mean in the Pirates of the Caribbean forum?). It's not like I ever denied them in the first place though. And I know there is a lot of evidence that they could end up together 'n' all, but I still don't really want it to happen sad And like I want Elizabeth to end up with Will, but it's not like I'm saying it's going to happen, I just mean I want it to happen. Oh yeah and about the companionship thing.. I can believe that he would want a life long companion, but what I mean is I can't imagine them living in a house with Jack wearing normal clothes (for the 18th century) with children happily married like normal couple laughing out loud But yeah I can understand that he could love someone and want to spend his life with them. As I said.. like if they lived on the ship wearing all the same gear (lol) and living his life as it is anyway.. I can imagine it. And finally.. I totally agree about the him helping others thing and your view on it that he hides it 'cause he feels it's a weakness I agree with too. Oooh you are a good film studies student aren't you?! It came in use yes

lol it was to the people who seem to see Jack as a one dimensional character..meaning they think that he is only what we see on the surface(happy go lucky pirate, happy with himself, confident)..when we all know good characters have to have alot of deeper stuff going on beneath the surface to make them as interesting as Jack is to the audience.

He is quite the enigma to be honest..He's not just what we see on the surface..there is a whole lot more to him than meets the eye both emotionally and physically....thats more than clear..He is a master putting on a show to keep people off guard (his swaying on the spot..often drunk appearance)..I think he puts on a big show(happy go lucky pirate) when he is actually trying to cover something up that he doesn't want people to see.. There have been a few instances where we see what Jack is REALLY about..and they are often when he is the presence of Elizabeth...it usually shows us that he is VERY insecure without his possessions to cling on to..By movie 2 he is starting to not care about losing his possessions because Elizabeth has just come into his life again...he had everything he thought he wanted and his heart was still aching (compass was going crazy) then we see he is very at ease as soon as Liz appears.

I honestly don't think he will end up a nice tidy man in a suit..hell no laughing out loud..Its going to have to be Liz who changes to suit his lifestyle if they are going to be together..she already is..both emotionally and physically in movie 2.

Yes he sees it as a weakness..I think he is afraid of being hurt if he opens up to someone..he gets betrayed quite alot when he does laughing out loud

Thats why it was so shocking to me that he smiles once Liz has betrayed him.. by doing that to him he actually KNOWS that she has feelings for him..feelings that are so threatening to her that she has to get rid of him for it..SOMEONE has BIG feelings for him and he is completely taken aback by it..he cant help but smile...he looks like a little kid who has just won a prize...

LOL i HOPE I'm a good film studies student..I hope my theories and studies of this movie will be correct laughing out loud otherwise people are going to have a field day if I'm wrong..

lovethemtigers
It would be kind of funny for Will to end up with Tia, a hotter, dangerous, older woman. In fact, I can't see it at all, but that's why it's amusing.

Will: I'm home. I brought you another sword.
Tia: Just put it with all the other ones
Will: Tia, dear, we talked about not leaving the voodoo dolls all over the floor.
Tia: Those were for you! They spell out "Will."
Will: Aw, you know all the right things to do.
(they kiss)
Can anyone really see that happening?

She's not really an older woman, have you seen the actress that plays her, not sure of her age but she doens't look any older than Orlando Bloom...so....it would be great to see Tia with Will....

PsychoFreeak
fool_fly

LovelyOne
I actually wonder if jack has been tortured in the past...it coud be the reason he walks the way he walks, sways and the way he tries not to let anyone too close to him..

surfchikpir8fan
omg u really think soooooooooooo deep in2 movies thats a really good (and horrible - 4 jack) theory wif all every1 has been saying bout jack never really hav been loved n all that deeper story theories it's made me think so much more in2 characters ur right there's more 2 them then just da cover if jack has had such a horrible past i seriously would start crying in da cinemas over it (which is weird cuz i never cry in movies lol) i wish there waz a selective subject 4 film studies at my skool sad

Leggy_n_Merry
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
She's not really an older woman, have you seen the actress that plays her, not sure of her age but she doens't look any older than Orlando Bloom...so....it would be great to see Tia with Will....

Yeah she's only a few months older than him. But I don't think it'd be great to see them together.. she's a bit weird and needs to clean her teeth.

willofthewisp
She is made up to look different though, and her experience makes her seem older than Will. Will's only supposed to be about 21 or so in the second movie, isn't he? Orlando Bloom is older than that, but that's kind of where Will's age is set. I have no idea how old Naomi Harris is, but Tia seems ageless. Maybe that's evidence that she is Calypso, I don't know, but they just don't look like a couple.
Now Will and Anamaria....now there was a match.

I think it was lovelyone that wondered if Jack had been tortured or something that explained his staggering and his mannerisms. I really don't think the way he walks or the way he carries himself is the result of torture, although we have proff he has been tortured before because of his P brand on his arm. Johnny Depp described Jack in the first movie as a clever pirate who had just been out in the sun too long. I think a little bit of how he is might be the result of heat stroke or heat exhaustion or something, but I think the real reason is that that is simply who he is. He's a pretty carefree guy and has a larger than life personality, and he doesn't mind when people think he's dumber than he really is because that gives him the upper hand.

CaptinJackLover
^^completely agreed!

lovethemtigers
That is so true...Jack likes to appear dumb so when he does his thing people will be taken totally by surprise....Anyway...just wanted to mention again how Hott Jack is in his last scenes on POTC/DMC - when he returns to the Pearl and the sun is shinning on him and Liz is looking up at him as he is standing on the rifle...then when he picks up the rifle and she climbs up the stairs to cling to her hero's leg....(instead of running down to see about Will)....then when he fires the rifle..then when he comes down and tells Gibbs "Abandon ship into the longboat"...he is SOOOO serious in this scene and it makes him so sexy...I love when they show the shot of him looking about the Pearl in that sexy coat - then the way he is looking at Liz as she is moving in for the kiss...and then during the kiss...Gosh, Jack is so hot in this scene...SOO SERIOUSLY HOT...it's a new side of Jack Sparrow we've seen on only a few occasions...but never like this...then finally when he frees himself from the handcuff and then faces the Kracken so bravely with sword in hand, hat on head, sexy coat on....Love that part...a brave, sexy Jack.

willofthewisp
Yes, there are rare moments when his clumsiness and humor just seem to evaporate and there is this deathly serious person. The peas in a pod deleted scene from the first movie? Oh! I melt every time I see it. The way he looks at her as she says he's smart but she doesn't quite trust him, he's between leering at her and just taking in her presence and her words. It's the third hottest thing besides his kiss and his entrance in the first movie.

lovethemtigers
Gosh, Captain Jack Sparrow is very sexy....everything about him... how about in POTC 1 when he is eating the apple on the Black Pearl in the Captain's Cabin...is he not beautiful in that scene???? The way Jack gazes at Elizabeth in every scene in POTC 2 takes my breath away...look the intense way he is looking at her when he explains to her about the chest and the compass....

willofthewisp
makes me wish I'd seen it more than once. I watched it the first time just to be watching it. Now I want to put all these theories to the test.

CaptinJackLover
i just found a song taht kinda goes perfect with Jack and Liz:

What day is it?
And in what month,
this clock never seemed so alive,
i cant keep up
and i cant backdown
ive been losing so much time

chorus:
cause its you and me
and all of the ppl with nothin to do
nothin to lose
and its you and me
and all of the ppl
and i dont know why
i cant keep my eyes offa you

one of the things that i wanna say
just arent coming out rite
im tripping on words
you got my head spinning
i dont know where to go from here

chorus

theres somethin about you now
i cant quite feel your arms
everything she does is beautiful
and everything she does is rite

cause its you and me
nothin to lose
and its you and me
and all of the ppl
and i dont know why i cant keep my eyes offa..

chorus

what day is it?
and in what month?
this clock never seemed so alive..

lovethemtigers
What is this song? What is the name of it?

CaptinJackLover
you and me by lifehouse

lovethemtigers

CaptinJackLover
oo thats a good one! wat about this..Collide by Howie Day

The dawn is breaking
A light shining through
Your barely waking, and i'm tangled up in you, Yeah

Well, i'm open, your closed,
Where i follow, you'll go,
I worry I won't see your face, light up again

Even the best fall down sometimes,
Even the wrong words seem to rhyme,
Out of the doubt that fills my mind,
I somehow find You and I collide

I'm quiet you know,
you make a first impression,

I found I'm scared to know I'm always on your mind

Even the stars refuse to shine,
out of the back you fall in time,
You somehow find, You and I collide

Dont stop here,
I lost my place,
I'm close behind

Even the wrong words seem to rhyme,
Out of the doubt that fills your mind,
You finally find You and I collide.

You finally find
You and I collide.
You finally find
You and I collide.

CaptinJackLover
o here is another Celine Dion song, its called when the wrong one loves you right

Don't care, what they think
How they feel, or what they say
You're everything, I never knew
I always wanted, baby
I've been warned, so many times
They tell me I've Ignored the signs

But nobody knows you like I do
The only one for me is you

I can't stop, can't fight, can't resist it
When the wrong one loves you right
(Oh-oh-oh-oh-yeah)
Can't run - can't hide - can't say no
When the wrong ones loves you right
(Oh-oh-oh oh)

Getting tired, of hearing that
You're dangerous, but they won't stop
Until I leave, they won't believe
That being with you won't break my heart
So worried 'bout, the road ahead
They can't see that, you're my best friend

They're never gonna take me away from you

There's nothing they can do

(Oh-oh-oh-oh-yeah)
(Oh-oh-oh oh)

How can I walk away
When the feeling's so strong
I know you're where I belong
They say I let my heart
Make up my mind
That's why I'll never say goodbye

(Oh-oh-oh-oh-yeah)
(Oh-oh-oh oh)

(Oh-oh-oh-oh-yeah)
(Oh-oh-oh oh)

Jacky Sparrow
I didn't know where to write it:

I watched both parts again and I have discovered that every time Jack and Liz have a scene, there is not much space between them. It's always like they were face to face. IMO it's because of their chemistry. Or what do you think?

CaptinJackLover
Yeah you can definatley see the chemistry between them, Thats why its so obvious that they wnat eahc other!

CaptinJackLover
read the words it has on the picture...isnt it funny? lol sry i just liked it

CaptinJackLover
o shoot sry it didnt upload the pic

lovethemtigers
The chemistry between Johnny and Keira is amazing...that's what Makes Jack and Elizabeth so hot...and yes they are so close and so into each other in every scene....love the way she is standing so close up behind him in the Persuade Me scene - that is HOTT....and just the way they look at each other in the "you smell funny" scene ...."Are you certain, is that what you really want."..."What does it point to?" "It points to what you want most in this world" when he says that his eyes do a downward sweep- as if he is taking her in....OMG so sexy...."Jack are telling the truth?"..."Every word, Love.".....

CaptinJackLover
OMG he is so friggen sexy! omg im like dying here! hearing everyhting you just said makes me weak.

sailorleo
Originally posted by CaptinJackLover
i just found a song taht kinda goes perfect with Jack and Liz:

What day is it?
And in what month,
this clock never seemed so alive,
i cant keep up
and i cant backdown
ive been losing so much time

chorus:
cause its you and me
nothin to lose
and its you and me
and all of the ppl
and i dont know why
i cant keep my eyes offa you

one of the things that i wanna say
just arent coming out rite
im tripping on words
you got my head spinning
i dont know where to go from here

chorus

theres somethin about you now
i cant quite feel your arms
everything she does is beautiful
and everything she does is rite

cause its you and me
nothin to lose
and its you and me
and all of the ppl
and i dont know why i cant keep my eyes offa..

chorus

what day is it?
and in what month?
this clock never seemed so alive.. ...omg! that's in my RPing playlist

CaptinJackLover
big grin

sailorleo
it's actually a song that represents the realtion ship to jacks son and norrington's daughter

sailorleo
to me

willofthewisp
"The chemistry between Johnny and Keira is amazing...that's what Makes Jack and Elizabeth so hot...and yes they are so close and so into each other in every scene....love the way she is standing so close up behind him in the Persuade Me scene - that is HOTT....and just the way they look at each other in the "you smell funny" scene ...."Are you certain, is that what you really want."..."What does it point to?" "It points to what you want most in this world" when he says that his eyes do a downward sweep- as if he is taking her in....OMG so sexy...."Jack are telling the truth?"..."Every word, Love."....."------Lovethemtigers

Anyone know where I can see a clip of that scene? It always ends in the clips when Liz asks "Davy Jones?"

lovethemtigers
Okay, so here we go one more time....from POTC 1 the clues that point to Jack and Elizabeth....

1. The day they meet and he saves her - she looks at him when he sees the Aztec gold around her neck, "Where do you get that?"...she's looks at him, like OMG - I REAL LIVE PIRATE....

2. In this whole entire scene - she can hardly take her eyes off of him..she is so intrigued by him and she can't (IMO) believe how beautiful he is....then when she learns he is Jack Sparrow...she is like seeing a Legend that she has admired live and in person...then when he holds her "hostage" she calls him "dispicable"...typical thing in what happens in all romances....then when they are face to face in this scene...even in this scene the chemistry between them are so strong...I was sure they were meant to be an item..so I was disappointed the way it turned out..."easy on the goods, love"...

3. The beach scene...."is there a problem between us, Miss Swann."...then when she teaches him the Pirate song....and he says "how much more" (the little smile on his face is funny...you know he's thinking if she gets drunk enough, maybe I'll get lucky)....LOL,
then when he tells her what the black pearl mean...freedom

4. In the opening scene...we learn that Elizabeth is obsessed with Pirates....she has studied them, read stories about them...thinks it would be fascinating to meet one...then sees the Black Pearl...a ship that later in life will hold her greatest destiny....

5. When the maid tells her she had a very trying day....and Elizabeth thinks she means Commodore Norrington's proposal and the handmaiden says that she means when she was threatened by that pirate...."oh, yes, terrifying." Elizabeth has this look on her face like she was excited by the encounter, if it were me I would be thinking, "OMG that Pirate was so hot, I sure hope I get to see him again..how exciting it would be to be his hostage." LOL

6. The deleted "peas in a pod" scene...that is the greatest scene in POTC 1 and they DELETED IT....jeez....what a connection to POTC 2 - they are probably wishing they have never deleted that scene..."you are a smart man, but I don't entirely trust you." Yet in POTC 2 she has unconditional trust and faith in him....

7. the hanging scene ...."Elizabeth, Darling, it would have never have worked between us." OMG - what was this all about???

8. The very last scene....he starts singing the song Elizabeth taught him on the island and then "now show me that horizon"...holding what else, that ever-loving, bloody compass....

lovethemtigers
"The chemistry between Johnny and Keira is amazing...that's what Makes Jack and Elizabeth so hot...and yes they are so close and so into each other in every scene....love the way she is standing so close up behind him in the Persuade Me scene - that is HOTT....and just the way they look at each other in the "you smell funny" scene ...."Are you certain, is that what you really want."..."What does it point to?" "It points to what you want most in this world" when he says that his eyes do a downward sweep- as if he is taking her in....OMG so sexy...."Jack are telling the truth?"..."Every word, Love."....."------Lovethemtigers

Anyone know where I can see a clip of that scene? It always ends in the clips when Liz asks "Davy Jones?"

YES, on youtube....Lizzie901 posted it just a day ago...I asked her too and she did....just click on the persuade me scene and then click on Playlists for Lizzie 901 and you will see "you smell funny" and that is it...great, wonderful Scene

willofthewisp
Thank you! I watched it. The expression on Liz's face.
Jack: It points to whatever you want most in this world

Oh man, she looks like he just told her it was Christmas morning and he had a room full of presents for her. I know she's probably thinking "what a ploy" but she really looks intrigued by it. But it's not pointing at him in that scene. Where is it pointing? To the chest?

lovethemtigers
Thank you! I watched it. The expression on Liz's face.
Jack: It points to whatever you want most in this world

Oh man, she looks like he just told her it was Christmas morning and he had a room full of presents for her. I know she's probably thinking "what a ploy" but she really looks intrigued by it. But it's not pointing at him in that scene. Where is it pointing? To the chest?

Well after he places it in her hands and kind of runs off...it does point in the direction he ran, but then all of a sudden he pops up on the other side with those big chocolate brown eyes and says "Mr. Gibbs....we have our heading.."

I was thinking....the compass has been spinning around aimlessly for Jack...he can't seem to get Liz off his mind and he doesn't know why...then he finds out that they aren't married yet when Will shows back up...then there is Elizabeth....do you think he is like "man, Will is on the Flying Dutchman...here's my opportune moment to make my play for Elizabeth"...all the flirting he does with Elizabeth....it's so intense..almost like he's on a mission to win her over to his side....

I still think a big clue is the midget saying "have you noticed, lately, the Captain has been acting stang -er and Gibbs saying..."i don't know what's got Jack so vexed..." and then Tia telling them that a Woman is what vexes men most.....Jack has an erotic and dangerous attraction to Elizabeth Swann...it's so HOTTTT.....forget Will...this is just me...but why would you want Will...when you can have the most hottest, sexiest, most beautiful man ever, Captain Jack Sparrow....oh i'm so in love....

willofthewisp
Okay, it just looks like when he's kind of bending over the compass as she's holding it, the arrow is pointing in the direction he's not. Like he's next to her, but the arrow is straight ahead of her.
I think he just always thought of her as the one who got away until she showed back up. Then he probably just wanted to flirt around with her some more and was just happy to have her there until he realized he was falling for her.

lovethemtigers
Yeah, you are right...I don't think in the beginning he thinks of her as a love interest....but he does so much enjoy flirting with her because he is attracted to her....but doens't really think he stands a chance...until he sees how she responds to all of his flirting...I mean you'd have to blind not to see it....Come on, even Norrington, who is puking his guts out knows what is really going on...that's why he says what he does to her right after the persuade me scene....and then on the island when she gets aggravated...cuz once again the compass has pointed to Jack...she's like "this compass doesn't work and it definitely doesn't show you what you want most in this world" Norrington rolls his eyes and looks at her and then to Jack with on expression that IMO says: "Oh please, stop pretending you don't know what's going on here...you know you want Sparrow so why do keep carrying on this way...."

I don't know where the compass points...but it definitley points somewhere, it's just that when Jack takes off running it points in the direction he ran....then suddenly he pops up on the other side...so who knows...but the next two times it definitley points to Jack

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>