Luke's Age

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Grathius
In the Eu books Luke seems to be able to kick as much ass as he does in the movies, even though it is over 35 years later. He also has a son in what should be his mid-forties. Shouldn't the most powerful jedi master in the galaxy be able to get in on with someone earlier than that, I mean it is a big galaxy.

Advent
Originally posted by Darth Grathius
In the Eu books Luke seems to be able to kick as much ass as he does in the movies,

Are you...serious? Luke doesn't "kick ass" in the movies. In ANH, he was getting pwned by a remote droid. In ESB, he was being toyed with, and once Vader got serious (when Luke nicked him), he cut his damn hand off. In ROTJ, he got his lightsaber shot out of his hand by a mercenary or guard on Jabba's barge, and he luckily was able to overwhelm Vader with his ninja screaming, baseball attack, but soon enough - got pwned by Sidious' Force lightning.

He barely kicked ass in the movies. He's not even strong then. In the EU, he becomes virtually a god. He surpasses anything anyone has ever done, he's far more powerful than he is in ROTJ.

He was only like in his twenties. Mace Windu didn't hit his prime until he was 50.

Well, he almost would've with his sister, haha.

Darth Grathius
"Are you...serious? Luke doesn't "kick ass" in the movies." are u freaking kidding me you are going to have to dispute that point with every single other star wars fan

Lord Saboteur
"Are you...serious? Luke doesn't "kick ass" in the movies." are u freaking kidding me you are going to have to dispute that point with every single other star wars fan He doesn't kick much ass at all, just some storm troopers is all. erm

Archangelysses
Actually Luke had a list of failures so to speak

Leia - Woooops sister. two headed children bad very bad
ummm whats her name from Truce at Bakura. Didnt work
Tenel Ka's mother from Courtship of Princess Leia
Calista - Fell to dark side
Finally Mara Jade - And hey she wanted to kill him for quite a while before she finally shagged him instead

Lord Saboteur
Originally posted by Archangelysses
Actually Luke had a list of failures so to speak

Leia - Woooops sister. two headed children bad very bad
ummm whats her name from Truce at Bakura. Didnt work
Tenel Ka's mother from Courtship of Princess Leia
Calista - Fell to dark side
Finally Mara Jade - And hey she wanted to kill him for quite a while before she finally shagged him instead Actually, IIRC, Callista left because she felt she was teh w34kz0rz and attempted to regain her Force connection and was never seen again.

Advent
"Are you...serious? Luke doesn't "kick ass" in the movies." are u freaking kidding me you are going to have to dispute that point with every single other star wars fan

Actually, I can point out about five or so people on here that think Luke in ROTJ sucked, and doesn't kick ass.

Plus, you can tell "every Star Wars fan" that Luke doesn't kick ass in the movies, what are they going to do? Like they can really effectively out debate me about it? They cannot prove that Luke "kicked ass". And I just provided every instance where Luke got his ass kicked.

Infinity
hammil kicked ass smile

Captain REX
Don't forget Shira Brie, who became Lumiya. That was the worst hit and miss ever.

Luke has a thing for Dark Side chicks.

Archangelysses
Advent is right, Luke was only on the level of a padawan when he first fought Vader and was not as skilled as Obi Wan Kenobi in TPM. When he went to Jabba's Palace he was not even a full Jedi Knight.

Luke only won the fight at the end because he followed his father and fell for a brief second to the dark. He used the force to attack fueled by anger/hatred.

However, it was when he stopped the fight and threw away his saber, that he had accomplished his version of the Jedi Trial as set by Yoda.
"Vader, you must face Vader. Then and only then, a Jedi will you be".

The throwing away of the saber marked the end of their fight. Making his words to the Emperor "You've failed your highness. I am a JEDI, like my father before me." So much more appropriate and meaningful.

So to summarise. Luke, for the entire OT was barely a fledgling, and only in ROTJ did we start to see evidence of the Jedi that he could become. But unfortunately, by the time the credits rolled, he had only really just finished his training.

Sith Lord Windu
hopefully thier be some movies or cartoons or something to show how good luke gets

Captain REX
Doubt that will happen.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.