I Hate the Harry Potter movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Strangelove
Why? Because they suck. The acting by the children is godawful (although better...lately). The storylines compared to the books (which are brilliant) are butchered beyond recognition. Then they add things that mean nothing and actually detract from the plot (biggest offenders: PoA and GoF). I go to see them once in the theatres, and then I never watch them again.

Quite simply, they are an abomination unto Harry Potter fans compared to the books, and I hate them, Hate them, HATE THEM!

Diamonds
There is already a thread on this: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f91/t385051.html

Strangelove
ah. my bad

aniron
i agree.not just about the movies harry potter sucks. thats all there is to it. and one day the world will see.

midnightshadow
if you really hate harry potter why are you loking at the hp threads?
are you one of those people who just join a thread to ***** about it?
you also said movies plural as in more than one. if you hate it so much why watch more than one?
it really irritates me when people post just to insult.
i go by what my gran says, "if you havnt got anything nice or constructive to say keep your trap shut!"

i happen to agree with strangelove, the movies do leave alot to be desired, and can never compare to the books. i also very strongly agree that they absolutly butchered POA! miffed that is my fav book and i was so pissed at the film that i ranted about it for the following 2 weeks to anyone who would listen, and alot of people who wouldnt an dcouldnt care less lol.
it still winds me up now, they spent more time giving the damn tree screen time than actually explaining thing key to the plot! mad

Lord Tyrant
Originally posted by aniron
i agree.not just about the movies harry potter sucks. thats all there is to it. and one day the world will see.

Eat Shit.

Strangelove
Originally posted by midnightshadow
you also said movies plural as in more than one. if you hate it so much why watch more than one?
i go by what my gran says, "if you havnt got anything nice or constructive to say keep your trap shut!"

i happen to agree with strangelove, the movies do leave alot to be desired, and can never compare to the books. i also very strongly agree that they absolutly butchered POA! miffed that is my fav book and i was so pissed at the film that i ranted about it for the following 2 weeks to anyone who would listen, and alot of people who wouldnt an dcouldnt care less lol.
it still winds me up now, they spent more time giving the damn tree screen time than actually explaining thing key to the plot! mad So, you criticize me for complaining, and then you agree with me? Hypocrite erm

~Pielover~
Strangelove, you made this thread..

You're my hero.

Strangelove
Originally posted by ~Pielover~
Strangelove, you made this thread..

You're my hero. I did make this thread, and thank you smile

Diamonds
Originally posted by Strangelove
So, you criticize me for complaining, and then you agree with me? Hypocrite erm She was criticizing aniron, Strangelove, not you.
However I must agree with you, SL. The movie I hated the most was GoF. I liked some of it (scene with Fred and George with the aging potion - perfect - and the scene with Voldemort, f'rinstance), and it was good to watch just as a fan, but when as a hardcore fan, don't get me started. Where did the house elves go?! Since when was Dobby called Neville?! Where was the thing about Ludo Bagman stealing Fred and George's gold?! What about Percy, and his passion for Mr Crouch?!
And Emma said they had to be lethal on what gets cut! The added extra bloody scenes!
And that's not even mentioning Harry's eyes, which are crucial! What gets me is that Harry's eyes are going to spring to green (unless Lily does not have green eyes, which will really p*ss me off) in the penseive scene, and in some scene in Deathly Hallows when we find out how crucial Harry's eyes are to the plot!
It makes me want to scream.

Rampant ox
I agree. The novels are brilliant, the movies simply are not. Some of the scenes are performed really well in the films I must admit, but then again some scenes are left out altogether. I am just hoping that the Directors have decided to leave something out of the movies that is going to be crucial to the 7th book. Then they will be screwed and I will sit back and laugh. no expression

DarkC
1 and 2 are good, the rest suck.

d-fly_girl008
I agree completely. In all of the movies, they've left out scenes that I was particularly looking forward to.

I agree with Diamonds. They're good if you're a fan, but if you're a BIG fan, than they suck.
And Harry's eyes?? That made me so mad, I couldn't believe they would change something as big as that.

Diamonds
His eyes are pointed out like, what, once every 20 pages or something (Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating, but whatever, they're still important).

SouthernGirl814
Dude honestly if u hate the movies don't watch em I love em bhut the one thing I agree with u on is that POA sucked they ruined it and it was too short and they cut alot out but anyone who says harry potter sucks u need 2 go **** urself and stay outta this damn forum

The Phantom
Originally posted by SouthernGirl814
Dude honestly if u hate the movies don't watch em I love em bhut the one thing I agree with u on is that POA sucked they ruined it and it was too short and they cut alot out but anyone who says harry potter sucks u need 2 go **** urself and stay outta this damn forum Wow... He wasn't talking about Harry Potter.... he was talking about the movies. Watch you language. And people have their opinions.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Diamonds
She was criticizing aniron, Strangelove, not you.Oh...sorry embarrasment

Strangelove
Originally posted by DarkC
1 and 2 are good, the rest suck. Neg. They're all terrible.

I've liked the previews for OotP so far, but I'm sure I'm going to hate it erm

H. S. 6
I like them all. Maybe because I'm able to watch them as a casual movie-goer, and not as an over-obsessed, hardcore Harry Potter fan. shrug

Diamonds
Probably.
I'm probably going to explode in the cinema watching HBP (major geekish Harry/Ginny overload stick out tongue) then hate it afterwards.

Strangelove
Originally posted by H. S. 6
I like them all. Maybe because I'm able to watch them as a casual movie-goer, and not as an over-obsessed, hardcore Harry Potter fan. shrug I certainly don't count myself as a over-obsessed hardcore Harry Potter fan, I just have an expectation that if someone is going to make a movie out of a book, they ought to at least try to be faithful.

And no. Before anyone says anything, the movies are anything but faithful to the story.

TragicFairyTale
Now, i LIKED the movies.. Never loved them because there are alot that is left out of different from the books which i LOVE.

Although, we can't really blame too much on the directors, yes they cut out alot but that is do to the time limit that they were under and had no chance of changing. They couldn't very well fit it all in and had to make some drastic cuts. Did this upset alot of people? Of course, because there were parts that people were expecting to see and they didn't.

For example...The Quidditch Cup.. That was not nessicary to have in the movie, but i really REALLY wanted to see it.

And all i have to say to the people that can do nothing but whine and complain about the movies, is do not go see them. If you don't liek them, don't waste your money. Its very simple. =)

eezy45
Originally posted by Diamonds
There is already a thread on this: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f91/t385051.html

haven't there been a million of those threads?

let me say "who cares".. everybody's got his own opinion on that shit, and nobody gives a damn about others'.
and just the fact that the movies can't keep up with the books is so obvious it doesn't even need discussion anymore. and for those who liked them, you can't convince them anyway.. opinions don't really say anything anyway

eezy45
Originally posted by midnightshadow

it still winds me up now, they spent more time giving the damn tree screen time than actually explaining thing key to the plot! mad

if you haven't got anything nice or constructive to say keep your trap shut.

sorry to double post..

Kadesh
harry pothead is a useless magician, death to harry!

The Phantom
Originally posted by Kadesh
harry pothead is a useless magician, death to harry! Umm... this is anti harry movies. Anti Harry has its own thread. It's tittled "Down with the Boy You Lived"

Thorin

eezy45
yeah, i think you messed up in that one sentence.. wink

yet, i have to disagree.. i liked the Narnia book and the movie imo was totally rubbish.. anyway, to each his own wink

Strangelove
The Order of the Phoenix was an awful movie (when compared with the book). The longest book, but the shortest film? That spells disaster right there. But there were so many things in book, important things, that they just glossed over, if they mentioned them at all. It still hasn't been mentioned who the Marauders are! And without that knowledge, how the hell is the movie going audience going to understand the line "They've taken Padfoot to the place where it's hidden?"

I know people are going to say "The people who read the books already know it, why explain it, blah blah blah." That's not the POINT. If you're going to make a film out of a book, you can't just slip in unexplained references and think that that will placate the fans. It's not right.

Surreal_44
I don't know. My friend doesn't read Harry Potter and she's able to figure things out quite well on her own, or with a tiny bit of help for me.

She asked me flat-out if the Marauders had Lupin in them, and it didn't take her long to figure out who the others were.

Just because it's not flat-out stated doesn't mean that it wasn't hinted at in the films. wink I know it's the anti-thread, but the idea that a small detail like who the Maruaders were being left out ruins the entire film seems silly.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Surreal_44
I don't know. My friend doesn't read Harry Potter and she's able to figure things out quite well on her own, or with a tiny bit of help for me.

She asked me flat-out if the Marauders had Lupin in them, and it didn't take her long to figure out who the others were.

Just because it's not flat-out stated doesn't mean that it wasn't hinted at in the films. wink I know it's the anti-thread, but the idea that a small detail like who the Maruaders were being left out ruins the entire film seems silly. I'm not saying that the omitting of that small fact "ruins" the film, but it's indicative of the movie studio's willingness to sacrifice plot for a shorter, more economically appealing film. It's selling out.

GreenSkater95
I agree that alot of the movies DO suck, but probably because i read the books FIRST. The movies are also really confusing at times, and when i did read the books they did make more sense, but i just wish they were done better. I also agree with an earlier post on how only the 1st and 2nd movie were the best out of all. the first movie was done the best because if there WAS a cut out scene from the book, it didn't have so much of a drastic effect on the over-all experience of watching the movie. Also, in the book, harry always felt more comfortable and at-home at hogwarts rather than being at the dursleys. because of this, i always thought hogwarts was a wonderfull warm bright clastle. and it DOES portray this in the first movie, but in every single other movie, it looks so depressing. i guess the reason why the books are better than the movies in general is because the books can be as long as they want to be, where-as a movie is averagely going to be roughly 2 hours. and because the movies are only roughly 2 hours each, they have to split every plot line in the book short so that the movies are not 6 hours long. the result, is a movie that feels incomplete in every single way. one of my favorite scenes from the first movie is when harry and ron are playing wizards chest at the table during christmas (or before christmas). the whole setting just made me feel warm, making me wish i was there, at hogwarts, playing wizards chest with my best bud. even though there acting wasnt that great, i feel as though it was better than how they act nowadays, for example, in the latest movie, i felt as though they drag every word out of there mouths, and make everything seem way to dramatic. like the scene when harry is zipping up ginny's dress. it takes him like 10 hours, and is it really neccissary to take ten hours? whats so dramatic about it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.