ION vs Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Basti0n
ION (Kyle Rayner)

vs

Silver Surfer

whos wins?

juggernaut66666
Ion 100000000000000/10

General Kon-El
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Ion 100000000000000/10

Acrosurge
The original Ion takes it 10/10. The latest Ion probably loses to the current Surfer. If someone posts some scans of Ion's latest feats, I might change my mind.

complexbrother
classic Ion smashes Silver Surfer 8/10

current Ion looses ..... Silver Surfer 4/10

galan7777777
ion wins easily

Juntai
Originally posted by complexbrother
classic Ion smashes Silver Surfer 8/10

current Ion looses ..... Silver Surfer 4/10 How is ION taking 6 out of the ten, losing?

Juntai
ION wins.

Mider999
ion any verson wins

Validus
Originally posted by Juntai
How is ION taking 6 out of the ten, losing?
I want to know how Surfer is taking 2/10 against the first Ion. confused

leonheartmm
ion.

Demonic Phoenix
*waits for someone to shout Wolverine wins*

Ion wins this one.

Jesse7
Ion, previous and current, both win over SS 10/10

batdude123
Ion b*tch-smacks Surfer.

kgkg
spite lol

Superboy Prime
Wolverine FTW.

Juntai
Originally posted by Validus
I want to know how Surfer is taking 2/10 against the first Ion. confused Because Surfer on the forum can take down the whole JLA at the same time, in a picasecond, and they cant defend it because hes too fast and versatile. And since Hal/GL was able to overcome Parallax for a bit, that naturally means Surfer is a millions times more powerful than Parallax, which is a large chunk of IONs energy anyways. And who cares if Parallax was a capable universe destroyer, SURFER CAN TAKE DOWN HERALD LEVEL BEINGS WITH EASE NOW. Don't you get it!?!! HERALD LEVEL BEINGS WITH EASE. Upgraded Surfer ftw 2/10 over classic 'godlike' ion.

Validus
Because Surfer on the forum can take down the whole JLA at the same time, in a picasecond, and they cant defend it because hes too fast and versatile. And since Hal/GL was able to overcome Parallax for a bit, that naturally means Surfer is a millions times more powerful than Parallax, which is a large chunk of IONs energy anyways. And who cares if Parallax was a capable universe destroyer, SURFER CAN TAKE DOWN HERALD LEVEL BEINGS WITH EASE NOW. Don't you get it!?!! HERALD LEVEL BEINGS WITH EASE. Upgraded Surfer ftw 2/10 over classic 'godlike' ion.
Oh yes. I forget sometimes that universe creating energy flowing from Parallax's finger tips is nothing compared to the power it takes to create a new surf board.

bigbran
this isnt parallax.

Juntai
Originally posted by bigbran
this isnt parallax. ...

Validus
this isnt parallax.
O rly?!?

bigbran
O rly?!? i thought it was ion. now im confused.

Skeets
i thought it was ion. now im confused.
Can you tell me the few differences between them?

Juntai
O rly?!? lol.

bigbran
if you guys are getting at, that i think ss wins, he doesnt, period.
if theres a thread right beside this that say g cant take ion, then why wouldnt his herald not be able to?
spite thread.....closing.

Jesse7
Silver Surfer is one of the most overrated characters on this forum, people think he can take down supes 1 million, or all stars supes, or SBP, or Kyle Rayner, or Hal, all with ease.

They think he can defeat all of the JLU/JLA and DC earth by himself in under a picto second.

sooooo overrated

bigbran
Originally posted by Jesse7
Silver Surfer is one of the most overrated characters on this forum, people think he can take down supes 1 million, or all stars supes, or SBP, or Kyle Rayner, or Hal, all with ease.

They think he can defeat all of the JLU/JLA and DC earth by himself in under a picto second.

sooooo overrated no people think he can beat majestic, and you dont like that.
ide like to know where you get these ideas from, that he can take those other characters?

Juntai

sooooo overrated HE CAN TAKE DOWN HERALD LEVEL BEINGS WITH EASE. Don't you understand!? DC Earth, and likewise ION are nothing compared to that.
CURRENT SURFER FTW 2/10

bigbran
HE CAN TAKE DOWN HERALD LEVEL BEINGS WITH EASE. Don't you understand!? DC Earth, and likewise ION are nothing compared to that.
CURRENT SURFER FTW 2/10 herald level beings and skyfathers and up are quite different.
but since i never said anything, like this. i'm not going to start anything.

Jesse7
lol bigbran im not a fan of majestic, i still think Majestic can beat SS 5/10.

I dont mind when anyone beats Majestic, I could care less if spider man beat Majestic, what I DONT like is when people overrate a character to exagerated proportions such as SS.

By the way their was a thread with MAjestic recently, I argued that MAjestic would lose 10/10.

bigbran
lol bigbran im not a fan of majestic, i still think Majestic can beat SS 5/10.

I dont mind when anyone beats Majestic, I could care less if spider man beat Majestic, what I DONT like is when people overrate a character to exagerated proportions such as SS.

By the way their was a thread with MAjestic recently, I argued that MAjestic would lose 10/10. i dont care what you said about that, but you also said majestic would beat surfer.
and surfer does have all those powers, but against skyfathers, and people in that range, hes screwed up the bunghole.

doctorstrongbad
Why are there no scans of ION? I think Silver surfer current could beat ION current.

Jesse7
i dont care what you said about that, but you also said majestic would beat surfer.
and surfer does have all those powers, but against skyfathers, and people in that range, hes screwed up the bunghole.

I still think Majestic would take SS as long as he knocks him off his board, which I showed with scans he has the speed to do.

King_Mungi
Is it fair to say current ION would lose when currently we have yet to see his power? especially hatching from the energy construct chamber

Jesse7
Mungi, it doesnt matter if Ion just came out of the source, people would still be claiming SS can beat him.

Which in a way Ion is a extension of the source, being the embodiment of Oa energy which is the creation energy which comes from the source.

bigbran
Mungi, it doesnt matter if Ion just came out of the source, people would still be claiming SS can beat him.

Which in a way Ion is a extension of the source, being the embodiment of Oa energy which is the creation energy which comes from the source. hes saying because he hasnt done anything, but be ion, and he also said, is it fair to say?

Juntai
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Is it fair to say current ION would lose when currently we have yet to see his power? especially hatching from the energy construct chamber No more or less than it would have been fair to say Batman could beat Sentry before he actually started showing us what he can do.

bigbran
No more or less than it would have been fair to say Batman could beat Sentry before he actually started showing us what he can do. isnt it fair to say....

King_Mungi
No more or less than it would have been fair to say Batman could beat Sentry before he actually started showing us what he can do.

Except on the other hand you can't claim a certain character can beat him, when for a fact we don't know. It's a two-sided coin

Juntai
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Except on the other hand you can't claim a certain character can beat him, when for a fact we don't know. It's a two-sided coin Assuming he's anything like the old ION, and the book points to him being even more powerful, it's a wipe. His constructs can create constructs that can beat Surfer 10/10.

But yes, I see what you're saying.

Without ANY showings of current ION, I'll use the old one.

Even at low end output tho, Drawing from both the infinite magic of the Starheart and the willpower of everything in existance in The OA Battery, he's effectively -far- beyond a GL, and should have little trouble with Surfer.

King_Mungi
Assuming he's anything like the old ION, and the book points to him being even more powerful, it's a wipe. His constructs can create constructs that can beat Surfer 10/10.

Even at low end output tho, Drawing from both the infinite magic of the Starheart and the willpower of everything in existance in The OA Battery, he's effectively -far- beyond a GL, and should have little trouble with Surfer.

I agree, what the real Ion has in store after hatching is to be determined.

I'm siding with ION, but until I get more information or a better understanding of current ION's power then I will decide.

MattDay
plus he's a reality bender and all

Validus

I lol'd.

bigbran
you do realize surfer has access to wolverine? right?

Avalonofthewind
Ion 10/10

OG Ion is actually more powerful than Parallax since his power wasn't stolen.

The new Ion destroyed a galactic fleet in his sleep. Not a bad beginning.

bigbran
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Ion 10/10

OG Ion is actually more powerful than Parallax since his power wasn't stolen.

The new Ion destroyed a galactic fleet in his sleep. Not a bad beginning. Originally posted by bigbran
you do realize surfer has access to wolverine? right?

SpunkySmurph
Good fight...

Supreme being
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Good fight...

No its not Ion wins everytime any Ion.

hunbu04
The spectre only address two people as his eqaul and one was the original ion and the second the phantom stranger. he see all other cosmic entities as his inferior and we all know that the spectre is not going to address surfer as his equal hell he is not even going to address galactus as his equal. original ion was onmipotent and onmipresent plus reality wraping powers. he existed in every time line

Supreme being
Originally posted by hunbu04
The spectre only address two people as his eqaul and one was the original ion and the second the phantom stranger. he see all other cosmic entities as his inferior and we all know that the spectre is not going to address surfer as his equal hell he is not even going to address galactus as his equal. original ion was onmipotent and onmipresent plus reality wraping powers. he existed in every time line

Woahhhhhhhhhh buddy lets not get carried away i cant really remember the dialogue that well but i am sure he didn't say old Ion was his equal more like he was treating him with respect as if they were equal might be wrong though.

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by Supreme being
No its not Ion wins everytime any Ion.

seeing as current Ion hasnt done much of anything to illustrate how/if he's more powerful than yur standard GL, Id say this is MORE than a bit misleading.

original flavor Ion would take 11/10 tho, thats not even a question.

Originally posted by Supreme being
Woahhhhhhhhhh buddy lets not get carried away i cant really remember the dialogue that well but i am sure he didn't say old Ion was his equal more like he was treating him with respect as if they were equal might be wrong though.

mostly correct, altho he wasnt necessarily treating him as an equal inasmuch as he was simply being respectful.

Tazer

Soleran
Assuming he's anything like the old ION, and the book points to him being even more powerful, it's a wipe. His constructs can create constructs that can beat Surfer 10/10.

LOL,

No showings to illustrate his power over SS and he gets 10/10 wins?

tdawg14
what I DONT like is when people overrate a character to exagerated proportions such as SS.

Like everyone on this forum that overrates Darkseid, including yourself

Juntai
Originally posted by Soleran
LOL,

No showings to illustrate his power over SS and he gets 10/10 wins? Did you read my post or skim through it?
Also take note that this is from when Kyle first became ION again.

Soleran
Did you read my post or skim through it?
Also take note that this is from when Kyle first became ION again.

Yup I read your post, clearly. However the thread creator never said the "old ion" you just posted your descion based on the old ion.

Regardless it doesn't do much for the original question of the thread creator.

hush
old or new ion wins in a stomp.

Tazer
Yo.

theres no proof Ions more powerful than old GL-Kyle, so I think making that comment is unfairly prejudiced.

and thats coming from a dedicated, and for a LONG TIME, GL-fan

Tazer

xmeat
unipower surfer wins

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by xmeat
unipower surfer wins

against which Ion tho??

Tazer

starlock
Current surfer vs Current Ion--Surfer 7/10

I love kyle and have watched him since he was introduced.he is one of my favorites,his new series is over and while i liked it alot.it did not Awe me with his power display's,
But i know writing does make a difference

Surfer-Experience and cosmic awareness will give him the edge

Ion original-9/10

Its just the writers point of view,i think the new ion is getting to balace out his powers,we wont see him debating trying to do everything and be all powerfull,because that was his flaw when he originaly became Ion

Its the same problem the phoenix has,when you are grounded in human stories and the character is shown to human Qualities and is vulnerable or is seen as weaker at times,Lets see where Ion goes from here, i think they will be giving him more and more as he grows as a character

Just being fair i actually prefer Ion as a character but i have been reading surfer forever

starking
Dracula comes in pimpsmacks both of them ftw smile

hush
Assuming he's anything like the old ION, and the book points to him being even more powerful,

it say's new ION is even more powerful then old ION? wen?

Juntai
Originally posted by Soleran
Yup I read your post, clearly. However the thread creator never said the "old ion" you just posted your descion based on the old ion.

Regardless it doesn't do much for the original question of the thread creator. When the thread was made, and subsequently when I made the post... old ION was pretty much all there was to go on. So you may have read my post, but you obviously didn't think it through.

Juntai
Originally posted by hush
it say's new ION is even more powerful then old ION? wen? Early in the Maxi-series they lead the reader to believe he's even more powerful. Such as them deciding if Kyle was good enough to wield this much power, and they came to the conclusion he did it BEFORE just fine. Yet, this time it's kind of driving him crazy.
In another conversation, it says Kyle can't even comprehend what he's become... yet, he was all powerful as ION once before.

Tazer
Yo.

Early in the Maxi-series they lead the reader to believe he's even more powerful. Such as them deciding if Kyle was good enough to wield this much power, and they came to the conclusion he did it BEFORE just fine. Yet, this time it's kind of driving him crazy.
In another conversation, it says Kyle can't even comprehend what he's become... yet, he was all powerful as ION once before.

and as we found out the "crazy Kyle" ended up being Nero.

and as far as him "comprehending wat hes become" its not like Hal any prob with it, so Y *would* Kyle??

Tazer

Mider999
he was and was not nero if he had been nero when they seperated the power would have left would it not, yet ion still took him down.

Tazer
Yo.

Im not saying he was Nero, but that the "crazy Kyle" we saw was Nero in disguise

Tazer

id369
So who takes this?

Kyle (Ion #2)

Or

Post Annihilation Silver Surfer?

Sure 2nd Ion didn’t show us much, but Kyle has an great amount of feats to fall back on. Seems like an even fight.

Soljer
Yat beats them both down.

Damnit.

no expression.

Estacado
Kyle even admited it that Yat is better then him.....shifty

Soljer
Originally posted by Estacado
Kyle even admited it that Yat is better then him.....shifty

Damn right.

Val
Lies.

xmarksthespot
Silver Surfer absorbs all of Ion's energy. Surfer wins 10/10!!! peaches

Galan007
You finally get it, eh? vegetajv2

Juntai
at 1000000000000 faster than light speeds.
ION can't even react to it.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Galan007
You finally get it, eh? vegetajv2 Yep.

The only person who even stands a chance at beating him is SSJ Huc using his FTL Sentry-reacting Quicksilver-catching reflexes, as well as his Starheart magic and Oan energy (that can't be stolen, because things can't be stolen from Huc) and his ability to warp spacetime to increase gravity a trillionfold.

But if we limit it to under Skyfather, then he's out too. uhuh

iceman24567
I see what you guys are doing here smile

horrorwolf
hmmm...

Whats to keep Surfer from converting, channeling and altering any energies ION kicks out into lead-based attacks and sending them right to the sender?

he is still Daxamite after all.
shifty

iceman24567
Originally posted by Basti0n
ION (Kyle Rayner)

vs

Silver Surfer

whos wins? Kyle stomps the Surfer. Kyle had semi classic ION powers which is enough to beat just about any High herald i thinks so. confused stick out tongue

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by horrorwolf
hmmm...

Whats to keep Surfer from converting, channeling and altering any energies ION kicks out into lead-based attacks and sending them right to the sender?

he is still Daxamite after all.
shifty
Considering that first this is kyle,and second that ion>ss energy powers.

horrorwolf
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
Considering that first this is kyle,and second that ion>ss energy powers.

But as Surfer lacks those weaknesses...couldn't he potentially exploit Ion's weakness to lead?

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by horrorwolf
But as Surfer lacks those weaknesses...couldn't he potentially exploit Ion's weakness to lead?
Kyle is the ion in this thread what arent we understanding about that...what weaknesses is surfer lacking cause im preety sure I never mentioned surfer having any weakness,and even if this is yat ions energy manipulation>surfers.

horrorwolf
Kyle is the ion in this thread what arent we understanding about that...what weaknesses is surfer lacking cause im preety sure I never mentioned surfer having any weakness,and even if this is yat ions energy manipulation>surfers.

Ah, I missed that about Kyle as ION. stick out tongue He should take this vs Surfer then. I was thinking current ION.

Southern_Rebel
Sodam Yat can still beat the Surfer for a majority...imo.

Laguna L
Ion wins plain and simple. The Surfer is nothing compared to Ion. I would go so far as saying that current Ion would slaughter Surfer.

SS is overrated. Very overrated.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Southern_Rebel
Sodam Yat can still beat the Surfer for a majority...imo. I concur.

Mindset
Current Ion hasn't done anything to show he could beat SS, especially with his lead weakness that could be exploited.

Kyle Ion beats him though.

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by Mindset
Current Ion hasn't done anything to show he could beat SS, especially with his lead weakness that could be exploited.
Lead weakness is going to exploited when yats energy powers>ss how,he doesnt really have to do anything because by nature of being ion he automatically wins,any top tier gl could give ss a run for his money,ion is a gl with a bigger energy source and more power he easily wins.

iceman24567
Lead weakness is going to exploited when yats energy powers>ss how,he doesnt really have to do anything because by nature of being ion he automatically wins,any top tier gl could give ss a run for his money,ion is a gl with a bigger energy source and more power he easily wins. Plus he has Superman powers now that he absorbed earths yellow sun radiation.

Mindset
Lead weakness is going to exploited when yats energy powers>ss how,he doesnt really have to do anything because by nature of being ion he automatically wins,any top tier gl could give ss a run for his money,ion is a gl with a bigger energy source and more power he easily wins.

You couldn't be more wrong.

Right now even as Ion Yat hasn't done the thing Hal/Kyle are capable of.

Having a lot of power is meaningless if you don't know how to use it, Yat was a rookie GL, and he is even more unfamiliar with his Ion powers. Yat has not shown any defense againt his lead weakness, actually it has been quite the opposite.

iceman24567

Having a lot of power is meaningless if you don't know how to use it, Yat was a rookie GL, and he is even more unfamiliar with his Ion powers. Yat has not shown any defense againt his lead weakness, actually it has been quite the opposite. He is getting good at using his power actually ask Alexander Nero laughing . Yat beat Surfer for a healthy majority too.

Mindset
Originally posted by iceman24567
He is getting good at using his power actually ask Alexander Nero laughing . Yat beat Surfer for a healthy majority too.

Beating Nero is something Hal, Kyle, or SS could do. That doesn't prove is good enough to beat SS.

Right know Yat doesn't have the feats to back up the claim he could beat SS

Southern_Rebel
Beating Nero is something Hal, Kyle, or SS could do. That doesn't prove is good enough to beat SS.

Right know Yat doesn't have the feats to back up the claim he could beat SS

He hung in there with Prime for a little bit

laughing

iceman24567

Right know Yat doesn't have the feats to back up the claim he could beat SS I was proving that Yat isn't that much of a rookie anymore thats all i never claimed Nero was a uber mighty ring wielder..Yat took on Prime for a while he got beat but he was physically on par with him most of the time that feat and the Nero feat combined leads me to believe he can beat the Surfer.

vlaaad12345

Having a lot of power is meaningless if you don't know how to use it, Yat was a rookie GL, and he is even more unfamiliar with his Ion powers. Yat has not shown any defense againt his lead weakness, actually it has been quite the opposite.
He doesnt have to I dont think your getting that,hes a gl with ion power,he can beat ss its that simple.

Mindset
He hung in there with Prime for a little bit

laughing

He was being smacked around most of the fight, and when exposed to lead is when it really went downhill, which is why I said SS would use his lead weakness against him.

Southern_Rebel
I thought the Ion powers prevented Yat from being killed by lead. I know he is still weak to it...but, his new powers would prevent him from dying.

Mindset
I thought the Ion powers prevented Yat from being killed by lead. I know he is still weak to it...but, his new powers would prevent him from dying.

They prevent him from dying, but that uses up his powers, thus making him weaker.

iceman24567
He was being smacked around most of the fight, and when exposed to lead is when it really went downhill, which is why I said SS would use his lead weakness against him. Nah he was being smacked around at the end before then it was dead on even. SS could exploit the lead weakness i give you that but i think Yat would pwn him.

id369
In order to manifest the Ion powers, he need a single GL Ring dedicated to hold back the lead poisoning. (Green Lantern Sinestro Corps Secret Files Page - 27)

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/1193/0127as3.jpg

Mindset
Nah he was being smacked around at the end before then it was dead on even. SS could exploit the lead weakness i give you that but i think Yat would pwn him.

No, go back and look at the fight, SBP was winning from the start.

iceman24567
No, go back and look at the fight, SBP was winning from the start. I just did they were going back and forth no expression

Priest
Surfer would beat Yat, just saying.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Priest
Surfer would beat Yat, just saying. Yeah Surfer would get beaten by Yat i agree.

Mindset
I just did they were going back and forth no expression

Yes I know they go back and forth, but Yat is the one being hurt while SBP is barely hurt, if at all.

Priest
Yeah Surfer would get beaten by Yat i agree.
What makes u believe that smile

iceman24567
What makes u believe that smile I look at what i posted on the last page.

Priest
Are u sure it's on the previous page, because i see nothing..

iceman24567
Are u sure it's on the previous page, because i see nothing.. Yeah I'm pretty sure i would quote it for you but i feel rather lazy stick out tongue

Galan007
What makes u believe that smile Because Surfer would have gotten shit-stomped by Prime! durfist

Ohh wait:

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/primevsion11.jpg
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/primevsion12.jpg
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/primevsion13.jpg

uhuh

Priest
Surfer was in better shape when he fought Tenebrous.

Galan007
Surfer was in better shape when he fought Tenebrous. I wouldn't go that far uhuh

http://img366.imageshack.us/my.php?image=26827394hs5.jpg

Tazer
Yo.

I was proving that Yat isn't that much of a rookie anymore thats all i never claimed Nero was a uber mighty ring wielder..Yat took on Prime for a while he got beat but he was physically on par with him most of the time that feat and the Nero feat combined leads me to believe he can beat the Surfer.

this would be incorrect; Yat got in a few blows but for the MOST PART got f-stomped, and yea he's still a rookie (just cuz he has the whale inside of'im doesnt boost his status any; he'd barely been finished w/basic training when the SCW hit, had barely earned his badge, and U can just look at how he lacks the fine control to use the new abilities w/o doing major destruction.)

Tazer

janus77
Originally posted by Galan007
I wouldn't go that far uhuh

http://img366.imageshack.us/my.php?image=26827394hs5.jpg
that was as a result of channelling the Crunch, not from his fight with T&A.

he was clearly well enough to attempt to channel energies that would even kill Galactus (eventually), without himself dying in the process.

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by janus77
that was as a result of channelling the Crunch, not from his fight with T&A.

he was clearly well enough to attempt to channel energies that would even kill Galactus (eventually), without himself dying in the process.

but......he WOULD HAVE DIED FROM IT had Galactus not saved him.

how'd U miss that.

Tazer

Amp
He misses anything that is obvious.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

this would be incorrect; Yat got in a few blows but for the MOST PART got f-stomped, and yea he's still a rookie (just cuz he has the whale inside of'im doesnt boost his status any; he'd barely been finished w/basic training when the SCW hit, had barely earned his badge, and U can just look at how he lacks the fine control to use the new abilities w/o doing major destruction.)

Tazer You would be incorrect because Yat was giving just as good as he was getting until the lead poisoning which was about the middle of the fight. You make it seem like i said Yat is a master my words were "he's not that much of a rookie anymore" yeah he lacks control but he is leaps better than he was before prove me wrong.
eek!

2damnloud
Surfer 8/10

iceman24567
Originally posted by 2damnloud
Surfer 8/10 You think the Surfer can beat Kyle Ion? anyways here is the Yat feat that moves him off of the rookie shelf.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Green%20Lantern/kylesodamvsnero1.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Green%20Lantern/kylesodamvsnero2.jpg

janus77
Yo.

but......he WOULD HAVE DIED FROM IT had Galactus not saved him.

how'd U miss that.

Tazer
I said "without dying in the process". didn't say nothing about after the job.

more importantly, my point was that Surfer wasn't in the state depicted as a result of fighting T&A but as a result of the channelling of The Crunch.

he managed to do that even after taking a beat down from both Teneberous and Aegis.

xmarksthespot
It doesn't matter which Ion he's fighting. Surfer wins. He drops the multiverse on Ion's dome piece. doped

Tazer
Yo.

You would be incorrect because Yat was giving just as good as he was getting until the lead poisoning which was about the middle of the fight.

ok, so SBW catches Yat in an headlock and drives him into that bridge, where we next see Yat with an elbow in his throat, and then Yat blasts him with some ION-nrg.......then they BOTH hit each other w/HV, which dries up all of the water.....and then Yat gets a dbl-fist to his jaw, looks like he mightve lost a tooth AND gives up FIRST BLOOD of the fight.

this is just b4 he lands head-first in that reactor, and sh1t goes downhill even steeper for'im.

yea, thats not exactly "gave as good as he got"

You make it seem like i said Yat is a master my words were "he's not that much of a rookie anymore" yeah he lacks control but he is leaps better than he was before prove me wrong.
eek!

let me guess: yur gonna count his construct-conversio fea as evidence of him "not being as much of a rookie" right?

yea, he has yet to do anything to show how he's "not being as much of a rookie", since GL-rookies have been shown closing BLACK HOLES on their 1st day on the job.

GL on that tho.

Tazer

Laguna L
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
It doesn't matter which Ion he's fighting. Surfer wins. He drops the multiverse on Ion's dome piece. doped

Biased much?

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Laguna L
Biased much? Lulz.

Surfer moves and fights so fast he can be everywhere in the universe at once.

Surfer just drains all his energy.

GLs are nothing to Surfer. Guardians are nothing to Surfer. Ion is nothing to Surfer.

Surfer could fight both Ion (Kyle Rayner) and Ion (Sodom Yat) at the same time and still win 10/10. He just drains their energy then drops the multiverse on their dome pieces.

uhuh

Tazer
Yo.

I said "without dying in the process". didn't say nothing about after the job.

yea, cuz theres a big diff in that it didnt kill him IMMEDIATELY, rather than SLIGHTLY LATER.

more importantly, my point was that Surfer wasn't in the state depicted as a result of fighting T&A but as a result of the channelling of The Crunch.

ummm, his form was cracked and fuq'd up DUE TO his fight w/T&A, who stated that they were leaving him alone to die of his injuries.

this was SAID in the book.

he managed to do that even after taking a beat down from both Teneberous and Aegis.

thats fine, but Im not questioning his tenacity

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

Lulz.

Surfer moves and fights so fast he can be everywhere in the universe at once.

Surfer just drains all his energy.

GLs are nothing to Surfer. Guardians are nothing to Surfer. Ion is nothing to Surfer.

Surfer could fight both Ion (Kyle Rayner) and Ion (Sodom Yat) at the same time and still win 10/10. He just drains their energy then drops the multiverse on their dome pieces.

uhuh

that must be some drugs U have access to.........

Tazer

xmarksthespot
Yo.

that must be some drugs U have access to.........

Tazer Crack cocaine and PCP. peaches

janus77
Yo.

ummm, his form was cracked and fuq'd up DUE TO his fight w/T&A, who stated that they were leaving him alone to die of his injuries.

this was SAID in the book.

Tazer
no, Teneberous said that Surfer would die of the injuries, that's what he thought.

Later, when Surfer's actually dying, Galactus examines him and tells us exactly what Surfer is dying of - the energies of The Crunch - he doesn't mention nor acknowledge the effects of T&A but goes on to state how destructive The Crunch energies are, to even one such as himself, and how impressive Surfer's channelling of them was and how it (almost) cos Surfer his life.

so again, Surfer wasn't in the condition depicted in the picture posted up, as a result of T&A's attacks, but rather as a result of a force far more powerful than any in the universe (The Crunch).

Surfer has survived just fine from more concentrated and powerful attacks from the UniLord, who completely smashed Surfer to pieces only to see him reassemble within a panel.

Tazer
Yo.

no, Teneberous said that Surfer would die of the injuries, that's what he thought.

Later, when Surfer's actually dying, Galactus examines him and tells us exactly what Surfer is dying of - the energies of The Crunch - he doesn't mention nor acknowledge the effects of T&A but goes on to state how destructive The Crunch energies are, to even one such as himself, and how impressive Surfer's channelling of them was and how it (almost) cos Surfer his life.

so again, Surfer wasn't in the condition depicted in the picture posted up, as a result of T&A's attacks, but rather as a result of a force far more powerful than any in the universe (The Crunch).

Surfer has survived just fine from more concentrated and powerful attacks from the UniLord, who completely smashed Surfer to pieces only to see him reassemble within a panel.

Surfer was in a state that left his protective shill cracked like an egg; left untreated he prolly WOULD HAVE died from the beating they gave him, HOWEVER Galactus made the statement he gave based on Surfer *exacerbating* it condition with the portal-opening stunt.

SS now granted that they (T&A) couldve been basing their opinions solely on his physical appearance, however since there R 2 beings ON PAR w/Galactus Id say they prolly knew wat they were talking about.

so again, SS *was* in the condition we saw him in due to his fight w/T&A, as its doubtful that the "Big Crunch Surf" -move he did wouldve affected him the same way had he been at 100%, but granted there were other contributing factors (but that beating was the main).

Tazer

Galan007
Crack cocaine and PCP. peaches If it ain't black tar heroine, it ain't shit. uhuh

janus77
Yo.

Surfer was in a state that left his protective shill cracked like an egg; left untreated he prolly WOULD HAVE died from the beating they gave him, HOWEVER Galactus made the statement he gave based on Surfer *exacerbating* it condition with the portal-opening stunt.

SS now granted that they (T&A) couldve been basing their opinions solely on his physical appearance, however since there R 2 beings ON PAR w/Galactus Id say they prolly knew wat they were talking about.

so again, SS *was* in the condition we saw him in due to his fight w/T&A, as its doubtful that the "Big Crunch Surf" -move he did wouldve affected him the same way had he been at 100%, but granted there were other contributing factors (but that beating was the main).

Tazer
unfounded speculation does not trump what's stated in the comics.
yes Surfer was badly beaten up, but as he demonstrated, he was in noway incapacitated nor finished, pulling off the Crunch channelling required a lot of power on his part.
the likelihood is that he would have just healed right up, in moments, and gotten his ass-handed to him again, by T&A until they got the job done properly (which they undoubtedly could do).

Galactus is explicit in stating why Surfer was dying, it was the infinite radiation of the Crunch, nothing else. it was not about "exacerbating" his condition or any such nonsense, you have no proof whatsoever to be leaping to such conclusions. it was solely the energies of The Crunch. read the scans, you'll realise I'm right.

as I said, Surfer has taken worse beatings, from UniLord, and reformed from pieces. why speculate that "he would have" died, when there's no basis for such a statement. instead accept that he was beaten up and needed to recuperate but didn't allow himself that time because he had a mission to accomplish.

all your posting boils down to is an attempt to rewrite what the comic +explicitly+ stated. to assign responsibility for Surfer's condition to T&A when it is unquestionably, plainly the result of The Crunch energies.

What do you think Galactus meant when he said that even he (Galactus) could not long withstand The Crunch energies? do you think he was saying that just 'cos he felt like waffling on?

utterly ridiculous no.

that scan is not a reflection of Surfer's condition after T&A and is a long way from being a fair reflection of the battle. The same Crunch energies bloody DESTROYED Teneberous and Aegis! do you understand? you comprehend the scale of the energies now?

Amp
My god. no expression

iceman24567
So you make it seem like the fight was one sided the whole time which is crazy Yat had prime on the lake floor choking him and heat visioned him until Prime heat visioned him back it's funny how you left most of that out to try and prove your point nice job wink .

Yes that is evidence of him "not being as much of a rookie" don't try and down play it what he did was enough to impress Kyle he was shocked that he did it. Just because you don't find it impressive means nothing to me or Kyle have you had enough of trying to prove everybody wrong and failing yet? Happy Dance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.