Filming Pirates Location?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CaptinJackLover
Does anyone know exactly where they are filming the rest of Pirates 3? I know its in Long Beach, Los Angeles, and Palmdale but I dont know exactly where in those cities. does anyone?

sccch
no

Darth Dean
Some filming is done in Universal City, CA (which is in fact apart of Universal Studios.) I went on the backlot tour of the studio and we saw part of the city (whether it was Port Royal or Tortuga they didn't say.)

Barker
Something was filmed on the Salt Flats of Salt Lake in Utah.

It was all over the news. (I live in Utah)no expression

choosewisely
yeh i saw pics

CaptinJackLover
OH OK. THANX FOR THE HELP!!!!! big grin

diddly-dum
Try the Bahammas too,.. I don't maybe the Caribbean instead?? ;p

CaptinJackLover
they stoppped filming in the caribbean already. they did that when they filmed the second movie

diddly-dum
MA, that sux,.. well, aren't they shooting in Long Beach???

diddly-dum
Soory, misspelled that,.. I meant Man,...

CaptinJackLover
Yeah.

diddly-dum
YAH! There's still hope!!

CaptinJackLover
I tried to convince my mom to take me and the said, "I'm not going to encourage this behavior." i was just like, "huh?"...and she said, " this behavior, this insane obsession you have." so i dont think there is any hope for me to go see them filming.

diddly-dum
Ouch!Sorry 'bout that.nopity

CaptinJackLover
yeah and she is overreacting. im not THAT obsessed......

diddly-dum
RIGHT,..

CaptinJackLover
lol

diddly-dum
big grin

evilm0nki3
Ah, my family says im too obsessed, and im like TRUST ME! I could be way worse...

diddly-dum
Ya, well, what days ARE they shooting down there?? I might be able to score some pics, and post them here!

evilm0nki3
Casting Calls tend to have information like that.

diddly-dum
where would I find those??

evilm0nki3
i don't know haha the only ones i see are on ohjohnny.net and i posted those on here. you could just google pirates casting calls or somthing

diddly-dum
Okay, thanx

CaptinJackLover
ive tried that. and i couldnt find anything

diddly-dum
Now what do I do??cry

CaptinJackLover
i have no idea.....im stil trying to figure that out myself.

diddly-dum
Found two p1) Guys onlt
2) 18+

jessigem
no expression
well that just sucks. i'm neither of those.
not that i'd go to a casting call anyways. happy
as for the filming in long beach, i asked my aunt(who lives in long beach) when they were filming it there. she said "i've never seen them down there but i've seen the boats on my way to work and by the Queen Mary." and then she said that she doesn't think they do a lot of the movie there. just bits and pieces that probably take a grand total of about 5 days. so there's probably no chance of going down there and seeing them film it. you'd have to sit there and wait for the exact moment they come out. maybe you could act like a bum? but the water's nasty in long beach so im sure they just film the "on-deck" scenes.
wow. i wrote alot. big grin

diddly-dum
and you have very good point,.. but that really sux,.. I wanted to see them!

CaptinJackLover
me 2!

diddly-dum
Plan B!

CaptinJackLover
YES!...wait...wats plan B?!

diddly-dum
dunno, thought you had a plan B

sailorleo
Originally posted by CaptinJackLover
Does anyone know exactly where they are filming the rest of Pirates 3? I know its in Long Beach, Los Angeles, and Palmdale but I dont know exactly where in those cities. does anyone? i live in palmdale

CaptinJackLover
O thats so kewl. mabe you can go see them film! i think they are filming there in like september but im not sure.

diddly-dum
If any of you go, score some pics and place them here!

jessigem
lol maybe i should go down there. i live in torrance(about 20 minutes from long beach w/ no traffic) so it wouldn't be a problem for me. and since my aunt works there and half of my cousins live there, i could ask my cousins to take me (i don't have a car/don't know how to drive so i can't go myself). but i went to the Queen Mary for 4th of July(they have a great fireworks show off the water) and i could see some ships from there. im not sure if they were THE ships or not. but yeah. maybe they're almost done filming so they have the ships anchored down there.
woah, i wrote alot again. big grin

CaptinJackLover
they are holding the black pearl in San Pedro

diddly-dum
dunno, you'll have to dig for filming dates

CaptinJackLover
they arent filming there though. they are just have it docked there.

diddly-dum
Maybe you can sneek on,.. like I did!

CaptinJackLover
i would but San Pedro is too far from where i live...well at least my mom says so. and she is the only way i can get there cuz sadly i cant drive yet (im only 13)sad

diddly-dum
I can't drive either! Oh well,...

CaptinJackLover
ILL WALK!!!

diddly-dum
shocking

CaptinJackLover
haha just kidding! i would die walking that far!

diddly-dum
Do you have a bike??

CaptinJackLover
ya but its still to far. even on bke

diddly-dum
Electric scooter? Helecoptor? Private Jet???

CaptinJackLover
ya i think ill take my private jet! wanna come?!

katelovespirate
its okay guys, i will pick you up in my hummer, in case we need to run over some small buildings... wink

ps. this was ajoke. i dont support hummers. hahaha

diddly-dum
ya the "humming" gets anoying after awhile! lol

CaptinJackLover
LOL!

diddly-dum
so,.. now what?

CaptinJackLover
i have no idea...

jessigem
eer
that was. . . kinda weird.
!!!
hey, i can ride my bike there!! eek! oh wait. . . i only know how to get there by using the freeway. no expression and freeways don't allow bicycles.
and why do they just keep it docked there(in long beach)? wouldn't it be easier to dock it where they're filming?

diddly-dum
NO clue! Probably it's cheap!

Jack of Blades
Originally posted by katelovespirate
its okay guys, i will pick you up in my hummer, in case we need to run over some small buildings... wink

ps. this was ajoke. i dont support hummers. hahaha
Dream on

jessigem
but she said she doesn't support hummers. . . . . so why would she want one?
- and i totally agree on not supporting hummers. they're big and use up too much gas. and i hate them at the mall because the parking is already limited and you can't park next to a Hummer because they take up more than 1 space. i just don't see the point in owning a hummer unless you're in a war. erm
or need to run over small buildings to get to a fake pirate ship in long beach big grin

CaptinJackLover
LOL!

diddly-dum
ya funny

sailorleo
hey i think i have something....palmdale has joshua trees, the only other place in the world that has them is jerusalem....ehhh ehhh, mayhaps there's something to that...?

Pirates life fo
Caribbean,
Slat Flats Utah,
Disney Studios,
Universal Studios,
San Pedro,
Redondo Beach,
Palmdale.
In that Order but I cant include dates sorry.

evilm0nki3
Pirates_life_fo you seem like you work for Disney or something blink I've drawn this conclusion from your other posts too...You're one of those spies that searches the Internet for pictures and videos of pirates 3....yessss.............. wacko wacko or not.......

blink

Pirates life fo
No, I do not work for Disney

telescopeyes
does anyone know where and what days they are filming? because i would love to go

CaptinJackLover
ditto! but nobody seems to know...ive already asked

jessigem
my aunt just came over to my house. when she was leaving she told me theyre filming pirates down at long beach RIGHT NOW!!
her friend went down there and got pics, an autograph and a hug from JD.
so yeah. theyre filming in LONG BEACH. big grin

CaptinJackLover
OMG!!! I WANNNA GOOO!!!!!!

jessigem
big grin
i can. she said shed take me tomorrow.
but i dont think i wanna go. theres gunna be loads of ppl there and i dont wanna get trampled on. i just wanna get some pics big grin

CaptinJackLover
i asked my mom and she would but she has no way of getting me there! ugh...finally when she agrees to do sumthing pirate related for me she cant do it

jessigem
BUS SCHEDULE!!!
yes

CaptinJackLover
hha but my mom wouldnt let me take a bus there...she wouldnt trust me by myslef even NEAR a filming set!

jessigem
thats why she goes with you. if she was willing to take you that means she was going with you anyways big grin

CaptinJackLover
but she worls all day and cant..but my dad said he might take me,....o and do you know how long they aren gonna be there and where exactly it is?

jessigem
i dont know how long.
but its where they dock the boats......just look for big crowd big grin

CaptinJackLover
lol...do you think they will be shooting this weekend? i really hope so cuz then i will be able to go

Beatles_Girl
Oh my god im so happy that ive just found this forum!!! hello first of all!!!! my name is Querube, im from Panama (Central America), and im looking for someone that knows where POC is filming right now to go with me....im a huge fan of Johny Depp, and I really want to see him!!

Please help me i can travel from next week till december any date, any location. Happy Dance

I hope someone can join me in this adventure!! big grin

mmoviejunkie
well aren't you guys just lucky that you live in california!!
i live by chicago
the only films that i know of that has filmed here was mean girls and the breakfast club

sccch
I live in Nashville,Tennessee...

mmoviejunkie
yay i don't feel as excluded!
shit i was just in california like 2 weeks ago if i'd known about this i'd have gone to long beach

Pirates life fo
Diddly-Dum. You snuck onto the Pearl? Im curious what the inside looks like?

ivebeendepped43
ooohhh!!! bad girl!!lol

Pirates life fo
Im serious. I want to hear what Diddly has to say about it? The belly of the ship is not locked at night...doesnt even have a door. and I am guessing that if you sneak past the guards and get onto the Pearl then you would go into the belly of it.

CaptinJackLover
she snuck onto the dutchman not the pearl

Pirates life fo
She had said it was the Pearl. It was in response to the Pearl being docked in San Pedro. If it was the dutchman that Didly snuck on to I am of course interested in what the inside of that what looks like also

Pirates life fo
The lack of response tells me that she never snuck onto the Pearl, the Dutchman or any other POTC ships. Why is it people feel the need to lie about what they have seen and done here?

CaptinJackLover
she didnt lie...she has pics of it

Pirates life fo
Where can I go to see the pics?

CaptinJackLover
umm i hitnk she posted them under the Pictures!!! thread

ivebeendepped43
how original!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.