The Kraken!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Akira99
Now that you've seen the movie what did you think of that huge octopus/squid sea monster called the Kraken? I found it pretty terrifying and very cool. Do you reckon they really exist?

zeeco
Well they are supposed to be ancient or mythological creatures but there are many testimonials where people swear that they have kind-of (shadows, water movement etc) seen this creature. Everybody wants to believe they still exist so the testimonials may be fake, some believers will believe so bad that they exists that they really think they saw one. (imagination, retarded etc)

sccch
I love the dramatic music that played when ever it came...hated what it did to Jack and the Pearl,but other than that it was cool.

LovelyOne
I think it resembled a giant vagina laughing out loud

katelovespirate
i totally think kraken could actually exist. why not??? we doing know what is down in the ocean. we pretend to be all smart and know everything but there are still places on the map we've yet to discover... like the bottom of the ocean.

i also believe the lochness monster is totally real.

life is more fun when you keep an open mind. smile

LovelyOne
there is evidence of Giant squids..but not that giant...that doesnt mean that ones as big as the Kraken don't exist though...big grin which is a very interesting thought..

katelovespirate
yeah they say giant squids are actually quite kranky and attack ships from time to time.

i bet there are kraken. why shouldnt things just keep getting bigger? wink

LovelyOne
especially in the sea where man cant interrupt their evolution..thats why the blue whale is the biggest mammal on the planet..we killed off all the other giants on land...like the giant sloth..and the giant woolly mammoth..

sccch
I think ALL mythical animals exist. The kraken,dragon,sea serpent,phoenix, etc.

Akira99
I'd imagine a 10 mile long octopus would be hard to miss but the way the film depicts it - the kraken is the devil itself!
I'm pretty sure when I was 8 I saw a Little Mermaid adventures episode with a kraken in it and its mouth looked just like the one on Dead Man's chest

katelovespirate
there is also a kraken in lord of the rings, but you only get to see the tentacles. and the computer animation isnt as good.

i was watching this special on mythical animals on the discovery channel the other day at work, and it was super interesting. smile its funny that both Will and Liz dont believe in the kraken till they see it. I bet Jack has never seen it, but he still acknowledges that it exists. haha.

LovelyOne
Originally posted by sccch
I think ALL mythical animals exist. The kraken,dragon,sea serpent,phoenix, etc.

I often wonder about the dragon..because back before any of the ancient civilisations knew eachother existed...they pretty much ALL had the dragon as part of their symbolic images and stuff..even hundreds years into the future and on the other side of the planet...the legend of the Dragon was in England too..we knew NOTHING of the ancient cultures like the chinese back when dragons were a part of our legends too.

sccch
I think it would be cool if there was a Sea Dragon in one of the PotC movies.

spencerspider
it might exist but i doont think that now it would pose a big threat, those ships back then sucked compared to ours

sccch
the KRAKEN!!
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e359/RoyceWynd/TheKraken.jpg
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j283/avonfoust/kraken.jpg

Leggy_n_Merry
Originally posted by katelovespirate
there is also a kraken in lord of the rings, but you only get to see the tentacles. and the computer animation isnt as good.

i was watching this special on mythical animals on the discovery channel the other day at work, and it was super interesting. smile its funny that both Will and Liz dont believe in the kraken till they see it. I bet Jack has never seen it, but he still acknowledges that it exists. haha.

You do see its mouth and its whole head. And it's called the Watcher in the Water, and its tentacles aren't as big as the Kraken's.

But I don't think dragons or anything are real.. they breathe fire and I don't think that's possible.. About the Kraken though.. well what is it exactly, just like a giant version of a squid type thing? Well I suppose it could be real but I would have thought that it would have been discovered by now. And seeing as it originated from back in the old days (lol) then they probably just mistook it for something else like a giant squid or whatever, because they do bring down ships don't they?

sccch
Anything is possible. I didn't think it was possible for them to make a movie like PotC.

Leggy_n_Merry
Anything isn't possible. It isn't possible to be in two places at once. Haha sorry I'm being cocky..

That is one groovy picture up there ^^

diddly-dum
Not to sound nerdy, but in China they found a giant prehistoric monster when they pulled up there lines,. And giant squids are not a force to be reckond with,.. the thing that sucks is that they are aid to live in the Sea of Cortez,... which is right off the coast of Baja, which is where or beach house is,.. well, I don't go more than 30ft deep water,.. and thats in a boat!

evilm0nki3
I love the Kracken except for the fact it ate Jack, but he's coming back so it's okay...

diddly-dum
lol,...
They had a movie about a giant squid,.. Cheesy, but cool!

willofthewisp
It was definitely better looking than the kraken in Clash of the Titans. I think there is a little bit of truth to every myth, and I firmly believe dragons at least at one time existed. Almost anything can exist in the ocean. No one has ever seen a living giant squid.

diddly-dum
On the contrary! There have been sightings on giant squids today! Even a few weren't luckly enough to escape the science table,...

willofthewisp
oh, wow. My resources are outdated. But it still kind of goes along with what I said that we are still making discoveries and new species are discovered quite frequently.

Diddly-dum, where did you get your sig or the hands, heart, and crown? It looks like I've seen it somewhere before.

diddly-dum
Its my dance skools symbol,.. Some people wear it as a ring, necklace, T-shirts,ect. It's Irish.Here is what it stands for:
Heart=love;Hands=friendship;Crown=loyalty

You are right about the more discoveries thing,.. Earlier this year explorers found an uncharted part of the jungles in India,..or somewhere over there,.. The area contained new species of butterflies and birds,...

sccch
My favorite music...THE KRAKEN! I just made this vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFl4H_5khtA

Jcksparrows
That would be cool/scary/awesome/creepy if the Kraken really did exist. Maybe... once upon a time. But don't you think with all our radio traker stuff we would have noticed a giant squid 10 times the size of the Pearl? Still... to believe is to achieve! wink

Jcksparrows

Not to double post or anything but that's a halarious video! I don't know why either! laughing

D_Shiznitdog
Here's a good picture of the whole Kraken I got from a pirates book.

^^[leane]
wow its sceary/awsome !! would be great if it really exists...

^^[leane]

sry 4 quoting 2 times but u should see the potc dance thingy its hilarious

coolmovies
I hate Clash of the Titans sorry had to say it

sccch
Originally posted by coolmovies
I hate Clash of the Titans sorry had to say it

Wha...? Clash of the Titans?

moviefreak_173
Only 95% of all of the oceans have been explored. It could be out there somewhere.

coolmovies
ya i hate it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.