Best Vietnam War Film

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rockycairns
What do you think is the best Vietnam War Film i cant choose becuase i cant decide between Platoon or The Deer Hunter some films you know might not be in the Poll so just say in your message if it does not appear in the Poll

WrathfulDwarf
The Killing Fields

BackFire
Full Metal Jacket and Platoon tie for me.

Stubbs
Full Metal Jacket all the way, I loved how they beat the crap out of the fat man with bar of soap. erm

~Da Rev~
Full Metal Jacket and Apocolypse Now.

H. S. 6
Good Morning Vietnam (because I'm in a happy mood stick out tongue).

stunna1773
no green berets sad

§P0oONY
Apocalypse Now, Good Morning Vietnam or the Deer Hunters... maybe even Full Metal Jacket... they're all really, very good.

-Tired Hiker-
I choose Full Metal Jacket because it's theme doesn't centralize around one specific plot, as the others do. It reveals the madness of The Vietnam War through many different scenes and situations rather than becoming a traditional narrative film.

§P0oONY
You have a point, I still think I'll have to go with Apocolypse now though, just something about that film that makes me really like it.

-Tired Hiker-

Solo
Platoon

Dusty
Platoon, The Deer Hunter, and Full Metal Jacket.

Although, the Deer Hunter mostly revolves around life after Vietnam. Still a fantastic movie.

Bardock42
Originally posted by BackFire

rockycairns
Platoon and The Deer Hunter as i said the thing with Full Metal Jacket is that the second part (the war) is not as powerful as the first part (the training) and goes a little too overlong other than that its a Brilliant Film

jaden101
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
The Killing Fields

that would be true if the killing fields were about vietnam and not cambodia and even then it still wouldn't actually be true either

bakerboy
My personal favourites are platton and apocalypse now.

Also, i loved full metal jacket, the deer hunter, casualites of war , rambo first blood and good morning vietnam.

Impediment
We were Soldiers and Platoon tie for me. As some of you may know, I spent five years in the U.S. Army Airborne Infantry. One of my units I was stationed in was 2nd Battalion 7th Cavalry Regiment, the unit portrayed in WWS. I'm very honored to have served in that decorated and honorable unit. Platoon is the exact opposite of We were Soldiers: dark, brutal, and inhumane. All the evil and hate the were present in the Vietnam War are displayed fervently in this masterpiece.

cking
platoon

coolmovies
Black hawk down i heard its very good

Mr Parker
Originally posted by BackFire

same here.I think they are the best as well.

Other good vietnam movies I really like a lot as well are We were soldiers,casualties of war,rambo. first blood,the killing fields and another one that wasnt mentioned,Born On the fourth of July.

rockycairns
Didnt really like We Were Soldiers the book is much better

Roland
Platoon and it's not on the list but Born on the Fourth of July comes in second for me.

Quiero Mota
Taxi Driver and The Deer Hunter

jaden101
man...i thought people who mentioned the killing fields as a vietnam film were idiots

there is one other suggestion on here that makes me want to laugh and cry in equal measure

Ya Krunk'd Floo
There can be only two: 'Apocalypse Now' as a philosophical take on the war, and 'Platoon' for its immediacy.

Quiero Mota
^Are 'Nam films popular in the UK?

I wouldn't have thought so. I can't see why.

Solo
FMJ is my least favorite Kubrick. Personally, I didn't think much of it.

bakerboy
Taxi driver isnt a movie about the Vietnam war.

Also, i really think that platoon and apocalypse now are the two best movies of Vietnam ever, eventhought they are very different between them.

jaden101
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
^Are 'Nam films popular in the UK?

I wouldn't have thought so. I can't see why.

its war...its always popular...and we can root for the winning side with the nam films...'mon the gooks

Quiero Mota
I didn't really like Good Morning, Vietnam or Operation Dumbo Drop.

MR Potter
Full metal jacket by Kubrick and Platoon by Stone, excellent movies.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
I didn't really like Good Morning, Vietnam or Operation Dumbo Drop.

havent seen operation Dumbo Drop but I also didnt like Good Morning Vietnam.Didnt think it was good at all.Mostly because i dont like robin williams.

rockycairns
Born on the Fourth of July how could i forget to put that on the list another brilliant Stone film and Tom Cruise gives an awesome peoformance

Mr Parker
my vote is for one thats NOT on there.Flight of the intruder with william defoe and danny glover.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.