Darkseid vs. Thanos - H2H

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Inhuman
Ok most of the time darkseid is involved in a fight against anyone, dc fan boys are quick to jump in and they always say the same thing; "they get erased with the OE, not essential, or protected, the oe erases all, blah blah.
Its like I said before most of the time DS just stands there with his arms behind his back shooting eye beams.
Anyhow, How well does DS do vs. Thanos? Thanos is used to fighting H2H just for the fun of it. He doesnt resort to his energy blast all the time.
H2H no energy blasts or eye beams. Fight is in a deserted planet that cant be destroyed. Who wins?

Priest
Thanos easily

Broly92
Thanos

Inhuman
Thanos pimpsmacks darkseid to his grave

sexyking
Your all stating Thanos as if theres no room for a debate i would say this could go either way but IMHO i would say Darkseid takes this.

Galvaclaw
Darkseid. Speed advantage.

Priest
Originally posted by Galvaclaw
Darkseid. Speed advantage.
oh yea, wat speed feat darseid has?

Galvaclaw
It's fairly well established that he has speed on par with Superman. During their first post crisis meeting Superman commented that Darkeid could move so fast he could barely see him move.

Priest
Thanos has way more experience in the H2H combat department. He's pretty much fought everyone in the MU in h2h at one point. there are numerous occasions thanos fought several hero's without using the power cosmic, and dominated. Darkseid is good, but without the OE hes just a strong guy that can punk supes. On the other hand thanos punks the silver surfer on the regular.

Galvaclaw
Are we pretending the Surfer is a close combat powerhouse now? It's much harder to match Superman in close combat than the surfer. The Surfer is powerful but close combat is not his field of expertise.

Priest
Are we pretending the Surfer is a close combat powerhouse now? It's much harder to match Superman in close combat than the surfer. The Surfer is powerful but close combat is not his field of expertise.
yeah but thor, hulk, the thing, warrior maddness thor w/ power gem, drax the destroyer, champion w/ power gem are..the list goes on. thanos just has more experiance in H2H than darkseid.

B dot Rob
Darkseid would pimp Thanos like it's nobodies business.

Broly92
Darkseid would get owned

Galvaclaw
Darkseid has fought Superman while in the sun, Wonder woman, Lobo, Daxamites. They're both high end cosmic villains. Neither wins in a contest of who's fought the most.

Priest
Darkseid has fought Superman while in the sun, Wonder woman, Lobo, Daxamites. They're both high end cosmic villains. Neither wins in a contest of who's fought the most.
hmm i think darseid got owned in the sun..bad example.
thanos held his own against warrior maddness thor with power gem in H2H. warrior maddness thor stonger than normal thor 10x's.

BobbyD
It's fairly well established that he has speed on par with Superman. During their first post crisis meeting Superman commented that Darkeid could move so fast he could barely see him move.

If this (above) is truly the case, given neither can use nothing else but raw physical skills, then yes, I could see Darky taking this.

Broly92
Speed blitz doesn't work on Thanos

Soljer
Thanos'll take the majority from Darkseid.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Darkseid is the strongest being in DC. Jack Kirby wrote him to be Stronger than precrisis SUperman. Since There is no such thing as post crisis darksied, and any darkseid we have seen that has been defeated have been suggested to be avatars, Darksied would beat thanos. Tho Thanos ain't no slouch, he had to use one of Tyrants orbs to fight him in hand to hand, and Darksied is already Tyrants equal.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Besides, Darksied is a God. Thanos is a Godling who has amped his powers up. He' a mutie Godling at that. High father stated that the very least of the new Gods is a match and more for the highest of every other Pantheon. With that in mind, and the fact that we haven't seen many apearances of the real Darksied, only avatars, Darksied is going to win 8/10 H2H against Thanos. The only reason I give Thanos 2 is becuz he's very powerful, probably right under the champion in strength, and he's very skilled.

Galvaclaw
It's near impossible to beat Superman in the sun. He was at many multiples of normal powerlevel. Even then Darkseid managed to trade a good number of blows with him.

Really? So your saying if Darkseid's hitting him a hundred times for every blow Thanos gets that won't matter?

bigbran
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Darkseid is the strongest being in DC. Jack Kirby wrote him to be Stronger than precrisis SUperman. Since There is no such thing as post crisis darksied, and any darkseid we have seen that has been defeated have been suggested to be avatars, Darksied would beat thanos. Tho Thanos ain't no slouch, he had to use one of Tyrants orbs to fight him in hand to hand, and Darksied is already Tyrants equal. How the hell did you get, that darky was tyrants equal?

bigbran
It's near impossible to beat Superman in the sun. He was at many multiples of normal powerlevel. Even then Darkseid managed to trade a good number of blows with him.

Really? So your saying if Darkseid's hitting him a hundred times for every blow Thanos gets that won't matter? cough, they were standing in front of the sun, for like 10 seconds.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by bigbran
How the hell did you get, that darky was tyrants equal?

Darksied is Tyrants Equal. Darksied has been shown whooping the likes of the precrisis supers AND teamates at the same time. Precrisis supers is more powerful than Thanos. There is no such thing as post crisi darkseid, and any darksied we have seen that has been defeated, has been stated to be an avatar. avatars which i might add are each and every one as powerful as Superman.

bigbran
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Darksied is Tyrants Equal. Darksied has been shown whooping the likes of the precrisis supers AND teamates at the same time. Precrisis supers is more powerful than Thanos. There is no such thing as post crisi darkseid, and any darksied we have seen that has been defeated, has been stated to be an avatar. avatars which i might add are each and every one as powerful as Superman. and how did you get that hes tyrants equal?
wasn't highfather a odin level, which would be a skyfather, and darkseid was on his power level.
so that would make darkseid a skyfather level, but i still can't figure out how that would make him tyrants equal.

nvrbeenwthagirl
and how did you get that hes tyrants equal?
wasn't highfather a odin level, which would be a skyfather, and darkseid was on his power level.
so that would make darkseid a skyfather level, but i still can't figure out how that would make him tyrants equal.

Actually Highfather is beyond Odin LvL. HighFather and Darksied are needed to the equation that the source has for balance in the universe. Kinda like Death and Eternity and galactus are important to marvel u.
Highfather and Darksied have both stated that the very least of new Genesis and Apocolypse are more powerful than the greatest of any pantheon of other gods. In one story of new genesis. superman got to see the worlds as the New gods really see them. Very small. Almost like the Quantum Mechanics did. Then it was explained to superman that he only he was only really meeting smaller powered down version of the New Gods. Their true size and enormity and power would creme the earth into dust. I dont' have a scanner, but I have just about every comic book under the sun. Sometimes it all get's jumbled up until i get on this board and things start coming back to me. The True Darksied is beyond Sky Father lvl beings. It is one reason Galactus couldn't truly Destroy Darksied with a single blast. He could anyone else.

Galvaclaw
You can see the heat come of them as they enter the Sun's photosphere. They're not just next to it. Added to that unless Superman was talking really fast they were in the there at least 30 seconds. Seeing as Superman is capable of going from 0 energy to full power almost instantly while under sunlight that's enough time for an extensive powerup.

Mider999
kirby made darkseid equal to a hungry galactus i dont know what that means exactly does hungry galactus owns but then he's always hungry

BobbyD
If there's one thing I'm sick of it's that Thanos should always win a H2H under pure raw fighting circumstances, which I find BS. Even Ali lost a fight once in a while.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by BobbyD
If there's one thing I'm sick of it's that Thanos should always win a H2H under pure raw fighting circumstances, which I find BS. Even Ali lost a fight once in a while.

roll eyes (sarcastic)
Thanos can loose to people in h2h under the right circumstances. He certainly wouldn't beat Darkseid. It would be a hell of a fight. But Darksied even called Thanos a pale imitaion. HAH. That was one of the best lines in MVsDC

D-Block
Darkseid goes down.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by D-Block
Darkseid goes down.

What a fabulous opinion. nothing to back it up. no reason why. Just darkseid Goes down. I guess we should all go this route and save our selves the trouble of actually debating and siting stories and refernce.

Inhuman
Both are very powerfull but Thanos has tons more h2h showings.
He will drop darkseid with a well placed pimp slap.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Inhuman
Both are very powerfull but Thanos has tons more h2h showings.
He will drop darkseid with a well placed pimp slap.

More doesn't mean better. The Hulk has more H2H showings that Champion of the Universe, and I would bet money on Champion in a one on one with the hulk. Darksied wins this if by nothing but his ability to put a beat down on precrisis superman.

Jesse7
Dark seid has speed blitzed the entire Pre crisis JLU including flash, thats one of his speed feats.

K3VIL
Except for his PIS and CIS fights with Superman, Darkseid is still the over pantheons force he is.
An avatar in a fist fight, will surely show Thanos that Darkseid is no wanna be ruler and surely someone worth of the titan's respect.Plus the Omega Force enhancing an Avatar physical might will make it gain the upper hand on Thanos quickly, it depends on Darkseid will.

Jesse7
OE means instant death for Thaos.

Validus
I would favor Thanos in hand to hand.

Inhuman
Originally posted by Jesse7

Too bad there is no OE here.

Priest
Originally posted by Jesse7
thanos is immortal

juggernaut66666
Darkseid he has superspeed and is stronger

Inhuman
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Darkseid he has superspeed and is stronger

Thanos has had no problem with speedsters before. He has cosmic reflexes.
DS being stronger is debatable. You can say Thanos is stronger as well. Debatable.
Thanos does have tons more H2H experiance than Darkseid though.

Galvaclaw
He's done well against people with high travel speed. Captain America has been shown capable of dodging him. So he can't be that fast. Darkseids combat speed means he'll get more hits in.

Inhuman
He's done well against people with high travel speed. Captain America has been shown capable of dodging him. So he can't be that fast. Darkseids combat speed means he'll get more hits in.

Cap America was pis, plus everyone jobs to caps.
Thanos just has more H2H experiance. DS loses this one.

Superboy Prime
"I wager you pale imitation of me that you will lose."

I loved that quote...even if the rest of the crossover sucked.

Inhuman
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
"I wager you pale imitation of me that you will lose."

I loved that quote...even if the rest of the crossover sucked.

Ill say it again"Thanos is what dc fanboys wished DS was like, or was written like".
Thats why they dislike him cool

Superboy Prime
Ill say it again"Thanos is what dc fanboys wished DS was like, or was written like".

Darkseid > PC Supes.

That alone puts him on a pedestal Thanos will never get close to.

Inhuman
sigh... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Superboy Prime
homer

Jesse7
Originally posted by Priest
thanos is immortal

Doesn't matter if hes banned from marvels death realm, it doesn't kill you it erases you.

Superboy Prime
But you know...the thread is specific to hand to hand. So the OE has no business here.

Jesse7
hehe valid point

Juntai
Darkseid.

Galvaclaw
Ok lets pretend Thanos does indeed have 'cosmic reflexes' can you name any instance of him using them to over power a non superspeed opponent like the Hulk? Or better yet someone with super reflexes mentioning Thanos's speed.

Dislike him? No, I like him a lot. I just think Darkseid would win.

Inhuman
Ok lets pretend Thanos does indeed have 'cosmic reflexes' can you name any instance of him using them to over power a non superspeed opponent like the Hulk? Or better yet someone with super reflexes mentioning Thanos's speed.

We dont have to pretend. He has them.
When fighting Hulk or hulk like bricks, he usually goes h2h with them. Like if he enjoys trading blows with muscle heads. He doesnt need to use faster speed to beat them.
Silver Surfer is constantly smakced around by thanos. Surfer is as fast as your gonna get with speedsters. Thanos has never had trouble with surfer. Or others trying to rush him with speed. like his recent encounter with fallen one.

juggernaut66666
lol thanos is a darkseid rip off and he is not even near to darkseid

Crease
I haven't seen Darkseid defeat multiple powerhouse guys with H2H...simultaneously. As much as it pained me to do it, I've admitted Darkseid could conceivably whip Thanos. His respect thread has stuff that...impresses me. But H2H, everything I've seen points to Thanos.

bigbran
Originally posted by Crease
I haven't seen Darkseid defeat multiple powerhouse guys with H2H...simultaneously. As much as it pained me to do it, I've admitted Darkseid could conceivably whip Thanos. His respect thread has stuff that...impresses me. But H2H, everything I've seen points to Thanos. I thought you were turning to the darkside there.

juggernaut66666
ok then i ll send some feats
beats captain atom by flexin his muscles
http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/3818/jlaannual0936xz9.th.jpg

RUNMAN
Thanos, although some may consider him as a ripoff of Darkseid, is the better and more innovative version of the two. Darkseid's character development has stagnated while Thanos has continued his prowess in various endeavors...

Inhuman
http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/3818/jlaannual0936xz9.th.jpg

All I see is DS shruging off CA. erm

AND "D-DAMN Yellow, AUGH!" made me lol laughing

Validus
All I see is DS shruging off CA. erm

AND "D-DAMN Yellow, AUGH!" made me lol laughing
Yeah, thats a great bit of dialogue right there. laughing out loud

darthgoober
When originally created, Thanos WOULD have lost to Darkseid. Because he was a Darkseid knock off, and needed less power due to the fact that he didn't have to go up agaist PC Superman. However, Thanos has had numerous upgrades since then. He is so much more powerful than he was originally, it's unreal. But, as people are so fond of pointing out around here, Darkseid is the exact same as he has always been. And even though he MIGHT start off stronger, Thanos has the ability to amp up his strenth via cosmic power(which is not agaist the rules of this thread as long as he only uses the power for hand to hand), to unknown levels. That's the difference between Marvel and DC, DC gives their big names a ultra high power level that doesn't change, where as Marvel starts their big names at a lower level, and then gives them the ability to become more powerful when they need to. So Thanos FTW.

bigbran
http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/3818/jlaannual0936xz9.th.jpg I know how to defeat GL's now...

RUNMAN
^ It's the yellow jim-jam thing-a-ma-jig!

bigbran
Darkseid looks like hes dancing when hes being tackeled, or skating.

Inhuman
Darkseid looks like hes dancing when hes being tackeled, or skating.

the pic were ca is holding ds's waist, darky looks like he has a moustache. sombrero2

darthgoober
the pic were ca is holding ds's waist, darky looks like he has a moustache. sombrero2
eek! laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Crease
I thought you were turning to the darkside there.

laughing out loud ...Never...though I did sense a disturbance in the Force. Maybe it was that retcon ten years from now that Darkseid's the son of a future Thanos who knocked up a Promethean Giantess and...Naaaaa.

Inhuman
Yea Darky gets beaten to unconsiousness/death

darthgoober
Yea Darky gets beaten to unconsiousness/death
And then Thanos gives him a cosmic wedgie. evil face

Inhuman
bump ninja

Broly92
bump ninja
Why you have to do that?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.