A question about AOTC...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Akira99
When Ani and Kenobi are about to be crushed by a giant pillar as Dooku escapes why didn't Yoda just move Ani and Kenobi out of the way instead of move the pillar - that way he could have stopped Dooku .
My guess is that its very harmful to move the jedi's bodies when they have been stabbed by lightsaber...
What do you think?

DeVi| D0do
Well, considering Anakin and Obi-wan just stood right up after the whole ordeal was over, they should have been able to move out of the way themselves...

PVS
Originally posted by Akira99
When Ani and Kenobi are about to be crushed by a giant pillar as Dooku escapes why didn't Yoda just move Ani and Kenobi out of the way instead of move the pillar - that way he could have stopped Dooku .
My guess is that its very harmful to move the jedi's bodies when they have been stabbed by lightsaber...
What do you think?

nobody here will ever know, but will guess with pompous certainty

JediRobin23
Lucas had to make Dooku get away somehow without Yoda losing to Dooku.

Sith Master X
Well, the answer is quite simple to be honest. Yoda didn't have the time to stand there analyzing every decision he could make at the moment. He saw the pillar coming down, so his initial reaction was to stop the pillar, not throw Anakin or Obi-Wan out of the way.

JediRobin23
No, you make it sound like Yoda is stupid

kamikz
I agree with Sith Master.
And making Yoda pushing them away instead of stoping the pillar would have made him seem a little weaker, and people would probably think he couldn't actually stop the pillar at all, and we would have a similair thread to this. "Why didn't he stop the pillar?"

chinabing
Not that Obi-Wan and Anakin couldn't have done something... like push out of the way as it was coming down.

OB1-adobe
What do you think?

Yeah like SMX said.

Don't worry about it, its a movie, its over, move on

Alliance
What do you think?

My guess is if Yoda killed Dooku it wouldn't have advanced the plot too much.

Hence why there is an absurd scenario that no one really understands.

Anakin and Kenobi could have rolled out of the way. Simple as that.

General Kon-El
What do you think? If george lucas made it soo that Yoda would move Anakin's and Obi-Wan's body instead, then at this moment you'd be asking "Why didn't Yoda just move the pillar instead" it makes no difference to the plotline and story.

General Kon-El
Originally posted by JediRobin23
No, you make it sound like Yoda is stupid laughing

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by PVS
nobody here will ever know, but will guess with pompous certainty

OB1-adobe
I like that word: Pompous

I think I am going to use it more around here, especially in this room

Sith Master X
Originally posted by JediRobin23
No, you make it sound like Yoda is stupid

Well considering the fact that Yoda is an animated character...He can't be stupid if he's not even real.

JediRobin23
No character is real. I didn't see Mace walking down the street last night

Sith Master X
Exactly, so in all reality, no character is stupid. That would have to be blamed on their creator. It's Lucas' fault for making Yoda stop the pillar rather then throw Anakin and Obi-Wan out of the way. But I don't think Lucas is stupid, because it's hard to analyze every decision you can make when you're writing fantasy.

I guess I'll settle for this simple statement as mentioned by Ob1-Adobe- "It's a movie." Who cares I guess. I won't lose any sleep over it. lol

Council#13
Originally posted by Sith Master X
Well, the answer is quite simple to be honest. Yoda didn't have the time to stand there analyzing every decision he could make at the moment. He saw the pillar coming down, so his initial reaction was to stop the pillar, not throw Anakin or Obi-Wan out of the way.

Sounds reasonable. But Jedi are supposed to have clear minds. Shouldn't the Grand Master of the Jedi see that it would be more logical to push Obi-Wan and Anakin out of the way? Or maybe he thought the two Jedi would be injured by such a toss (not Obi-Wan. He just got two cuts as opposed to an amputated limb like Anakin)

exanda kane
I agree with JediRobin23. Don't try and be fooled by some official explanation by Lucas, its most probably the result of a simple plot device.

Forcewielder
Yoda would've aggravated Obi-wan and Anakin's injuries if he moved them or worse, he'd risked breaking their necks against the wall so the only safe option was to lift the pillar and toss it away from them.

Council#13
Obi-Wan's injuries were rather minor compared to Anakin's. I think that a perfectly capable Jedi Knight should be able to handle a little bashing about with just a scorched cut on his arm and leg. Anakin's injuries were far worse. He had his forearm cut off!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.