Indiana Jones vs. Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Soljer
Shut up you naysayers, Indiana was in a TON of comics: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Indiana_Jones_appearances

Anyways.

Who would win, both in a solely hand to hand confrontation, and also with Indiana with his Bullwhip & revolver, and Batman with all his toys.

Yes, yes, at face, it seems incredibly one-sided, but PLEASE keep in mind Indiana's incredible probability altering powers. He has them on a level far beyond Domino's or Longshot's. no expression

Superboy Prime
Bruce throws a snake at Indy and Jones freaks out.

badabing
Indiana Jones is BEST known from movies. Batman wins.

Soljer
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Bruce throws a snake at Indy and Jones freaks out.

laughing

Happy Dance

charlemagne9746
yes, but Indy has managed to overcome his fear of snakes and complete his quest....lol. I have to agree....Indiana Jones has the best luck of any person I have ever seen in the movies....outside the wet bandits from Home Alone. The bandits took an overwhelming amount of blunt trauma...and survived...how the hell...lol....they are lucky to be alive. In any case, Bats may be the better fighter.....but, Indy pulls another deus ex machina out of the bag...and picks up the win.

Unless, this is the Batman played by Adam West.....he truly was Batgod...lol....even more luck than Indiana Jones.

Psyquis52
http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/ultimate+showdown/#start

Innerhype
Originally posted by Psyquis52
http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/ultimate+showdown/#start

Wow, that was awesome laughing

bigbran
Originally posted by Psyquis52
http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/ultimate+showdown/#start Thats bull, those people would never beat chuck norris!!!

charlemagne9746
that's right....Chuck Norris>>>>>TOAA..lol...especially if it's Walker: Texas Ranger

Metalmanx
In all honesty...I think Indy would win. He has a form of low-level superhuman durability, as well as being able to alter probabilities in his favor. And don't forget his exceptional fightin/martial arts skills. His whip skills far exceed those of Batman's as well.

And if this were a competition to see who could score the most chicks, Indy wins hands down, 10/10.

But seriously. I give Indy 5.5/10 against Batman.

Grimm22
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
that's right....Chuck Norris>>>>>TOAA..lol...especially if it's Walker: Texas Ranger

Neh no

Chuck Noris >>>>>> Anyone below TOAA (God)

Soljer
Originally posted by Metalmanx
In all honesty...I think Indy would win. He has a form of low-level superhuman durability, as well as being able to alter probabilities in his favor. And don't forget his exceptional fightin/martial arts skills. His whip skills far exceed those of Batman's as well.

And if this were a competition to see who could score the most chicks, Indy wins hands down, 10/10.

Glad someone can take it seriously. I mean, if Indiana were a comic book character, what powers would he have? Well...as you said, low-level superhuman durability, an INCREDIBLE probability altering power, and the ability to make whoever he is fighting fight like a complete idiot, and leave himself WIDE open to ridiculously over-done punches.

I think Indy could at LEAST get half the wins, if not a slight majority.

Happy Dance

MJOILNIR
Even if Batman wins Indy is still a thousand times cooler.

bigbran
Indiana Jones was more known for his movies, There fore if that were the case we could have Care Bears, and stuff like that.
With that said, I'de say indy inches out a slight majority.
......closing.

batdude123

Pffffffffffffft. roll eyes (sarcastic) Whatever you're smoking, I want some of that.

ExtraMision5555
lol
i really hate indiana jones though
must be my strong bias against "treasure" movies

Captain_WV
woooo i love indy as much as the next guy but really, the bats? Bruce would defeat him, there is more to a match then luck, it is skill and bats has it, he has taken out foes out of indys leauge, indy is great but bats, outta everyone of the smuck in the DC universe with no powers who risk there lives daily to dave lives, bats is one of the few who have been recognized on the same levle as Supes, wonder women, flash, and so many more. Indy is cool, but in a fight Bats wins

Indiana Jones vs. John Wayne

Captain_WV
omg wayne would own him!!!

Originally posted by Captain_WV
omg wayne would own him!!! i would think so.. wink

Metalmanx
woooo i love indy as much as the next guy but really, the bats? Bruce would defeat him, there is more to a match then luck, it is skill and bats has it, he has taken out foes out of indys leauge, indy is great but bats, outta everyone of the smuck in the DC universe with no powers who risk there lives daily to dave lives, bats is one of the few who have been recognized on the same levle as Supes, wonder women, flash, and so many more. Indy is cool, but in a fight Bats wins

Meh. I'd like to see Batman defeat a Nazi armada by himself. Twice.

And then take on an entire temple of Indian guards. And let's not forget the small army of natives from the first movie.

I also forgot to mention his super will power. He can defeat powerful, magical mind control. Using this will power, he can also resist (to some extent) magical-type attacks, such as when he was able to keep his heart from being taken out of his chest.

grey fox
Batman can have a hundred million batarangs , a uber suit made out of adamantium . Steal Cap's and Wolverines Jobber aura and have an infinite amount of prep time......

.......and Indie would STILL shoot him.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by grey fox
Batman can have a hundred million batarangs , a uber suit made out of adamantium . Steal Cap's and Wolverines Jobber aura and have an infinite amount of prep time......

.......and Indie would STILL shoot him.

Yea...pretty much it. thumb up

Soljer
Meh. I'd like to see Batman defeat a Nazi armada by himself. Twice.

And then take on an entire temple of Indian guards. And let's not forget the small army of natives from the first movie.

I also forgot to mention his super will power. He can defeat powerful, magical mind control. Using this will power, he can also resist (to some extent) magical-type attacks, such as when he was able to keep his heart from being taken out of his chest.

He also knows a couple magic spells, as we saw when he commanded the magical stones to burn through the bag that they were in.

In all honesty, if we looked at bare bones stats, Batman would MURDER indiana. Indy was a pretty bad fighter, if you watch the movies. He telegraphed his movements far too much, and was pretty slow.

In the comics, he seems a bit more skilled, but more like a skilled boxer/street fighter than a master of 127 martial arts. Regardless, though, even if Batman were beating Indy in a fight, Deus Ex Machina would descend from the heavens, and chop up batman in a plane propeller or something. Indy just has that kind of luck factor.

Nightstick
Lets begin by trying to quantify Indy's abilities in comic terms or close their to. Intelligence wise he has what comic reference books would call a genius level intellect, as he speaks like 8 languages and holds half a dozen or so degrees. Has a vast knowledge of the occult(may including some limited spell casting) and history, as well as military training and wisdom gained through a life time of adventure. He also seems to have built up low level mental(perhaps magic) powers at least in the area of resistance to harm and influence, it is unknown whether this is magic based or mental discipline mind of matter sort of thing. In terms of physical durability he either has low level superhuman or mid-level superhuman depending on how you choose to interpret the films. Besides the obvious getting beat up and shot, drug under trucks, burned, pummeled etc. We also have an instance were he appears to submerge with a submarine and fall off a cliff with a tank. In terms of his physical strength it appears to be close to peak human he is able raise himself up just hanging from his toes, lift grown men with one arm, and knock out multiple opponents with a single blow. His reaction time in terms of quick draw is also close to low level superhuman in Raiders he manages to get his whip out, uncoiled, and attack a man behind him with it before the man can pull the trigger of a gun already pointed at Indy's head. Also in the shoot out in Maryann's bar he switches between two different weapons in a matter of seconds manage to conceal the one not in use in the process. In terms of his fighting ability its more of a brawler boxer type concentrating more on power then speed. In comic terms it would likely fall into the some experience or master of a single form unarmed combat as he was trained by the military. He may in fact be proficient in more then one style he seems to use a mix of boxing and wrestling with a little something else mixed in. In the movies it was enough for him to take on a large group of Thuggee martial artist and in the books he took on a squad of elite highly trained SS officers. in fact at least an academic knowledge of Oriental martial arts would not be surprising. While he obviously does not have Batman agility or dexterity he is no slouch in these departments either, as evidenced by his avoiding traps and out running locals of broken terrain on their home turf. So lets break this down even more.

Intelligence: genius level Intellect
Durability; Superhuman/regenerative
Dexterity/Agility; He poses the average dexterity/agility of a man of his age and build that in engages in extensive none acrobatic activity.
Mental/Magic Powers; Limited some Resistance to influence and injury and limited spell casting ability as well as a vast knowledge of the occult.
Strength; Average(of a man of his age and build that in engages in extensive activity) to peak human.
Fighting Ability; Experienced fighter, skilled in at least a single form of unarmed combat

Oh yeah and he is not only damn lucky, but he is also a chosen warrior of God.

The Nazi war machine declared war on him and he won, can even Captain America make that claim?

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Nightstick
Lets begin by trying to quantify Indy's abilities in comic terms or close their to. Intelligence wise he has what comic reference books would call a genius level intellect, as he speaks like 8 languages and holds half a dozen or so degrees. Has a vast knowledge of the occult(may including some limited spell casting) and history, as well as military training and wisdom gained through a life time of adventure. He also seems to have built up low level mental(perhaps magic) powers at least in the area of resistance to harm and influence, it is unknown whether this is magic based or mental discipline mind of matter sort of thing. In terms of physical durability he either has low level superhuman or mid-level superhuman depending on how you choose to interpret the films. Besides the obvious getting beat up and shot, drug under trucks, burned, pummeled etc. We also have an instance were he appears to submerge with a submarine and fall off a cliff with a tank. In terms of his physical strength it appears to be close to peak human he is able raise himself up just hanging from his toes, lift grown men with one arm, and knock out multiple opponents with a single blow. His reaction time in terms of quick draw is also close to low level superhuman in Raiders he manages to get his whip out, uncoiled, and attack a man behind him with it before the man can pull the trigger of a gun already pointed at Indy's head. Also in the shoot out in Maryann's bar he switches between two different weapons in a matter of seconds manage to conceal the one not in use in the process. In terms of his fighting ability its more of a brawler boxer type concentrating more on power then speed. In comic terms it would likely fall into the some experience or master of a single form unarmed combat as he was trained by the military. He may in fact be proficient in more then one style he seems to use a mix of boxing and wrestling with a little something else mixed in. In the movies it was enough for him to take on a large group of Thuggee martial artist and in the books he took on a squad of elite highly trained SS officers. in fact at least an academic knowledge of Oriental martial arts would not be surprising. While he obviously does not have Batman agility or dexterity he is no slouch in these departments either, as evidenced by his avoiding traps and out running locals of broken terrain on their home turf. So lets break this down even more.

Dexterity/Agility; He poses the average dexterity/agility of a man of his age and build that in engages in extensive none acrobatic activity.
Mental/Magic Powers; Limited some Resistance to influence and injury and limited spell casting ability as well as a vast knowledge of the occult.
Strength; Average(of a man of his age and build that in engages in extensive activity) to peak human.
Fighting Ability; Experienced fighter, skilled in at least a single form of unarmed combat

The Nazi war machine declared war on him and he won, can even Captain America make that claim?

Great post. I agree completely.

Inhuman
If Indy gets his sidekick he wins easy

http://static.tv4.se/imagesdb/editor/tv4noje/4FE39DFC-3345-4CEA-B396-3AE85A7F3565.jpg

Soljer
Originally posted by Nightstick

Let us not forget!

He drank from the Holy Grail; the cup of christ! Indy is also immortal....

Darth Vegas
No he's not.

Indy lost his immortality when Elsa crossed the seal with the Grail in her hands. The knight said that you can't take the Grail past the great seal because that is the boundary and the price of immortality.

Soljer
Originally posted by Darth Vegas
No he's not.

Indy lost his immortality when Elsa crossed the seal with the Grail in her hands. The knight said that you can't take the Grail past the great seal because that is the boundary and the price of immortality.

I'm aware teh grail knight said that you can't take the CUP past the seal, but I am not entirely sure if that was to mean that Indiana would not still live. I've actually interpretted it both ways - that is, perhaps the price of immortality is having to stay there for the rest of your days. Or perhaps it's simply the fact that you cannot remove the grail.

Still, I thought it was said that whomever drank from the grail would not perish?

Darth Vegas
Originally posted by Soljer
I'm aware teh grail knight said that you can't take the CUP past the seal, but I am not entirely sure if that was to mean that Indiana would not still live. I've actually interpretted it both ways - that is, perhaps the price of immortality is having to stay there for the rest of your days. Or perhaps it's simply the fact that you cannot remove the grail.

Still, I thought it was said that whomever drank from the grail would not perish?

Regardless, Indy didn't stay within the seal nor did the Grail.

Indy lost his immortality. I think that was pretty obvious.

Captain_WV
am i alone on my crusade for the great bat? do i stand alone!?

Soljer

As I said, I've interpretted it both ways. I am undecided on my opinion, but, for the purposes of the thread, I'm just throwing out another high showing of Indy.

If nothing else, he WAS immortal, wink. Better than I could say for most street levellers.

badabing
No you're not. Batman wins.

Inhuman
If batman gets his gadgets then indie gets his as well.
His whip, gun, ...oh and the arc of the covenant cool

Captain_WV
this is bull, bats is so hardcore it aint funny, he has taken out mystical things of mutiple powers, has indy took out aliens? i think not...luck can carry you so far, but Bats outwits, out skills, and beats indy

Leo.M
Batman would win, no question about it.

Metalmanx

Indy did in fact lose him immortality. However, he did gain a retarded aging process if I interpretted the movie correctly. He won't live forever, but he'll live far longer than all other humans.

Soljer
Indy did in fact lose him immortality. However, he did gain a retarded aging process if I interpretted the movie correctly. He won't live forever, but he'll live far longer than all other humans.

Good enough.

Happy Dance

Darth Vegas
Good enough.

Batman still wins.

MJOILNIR
Ahh but Indy is sooo much cooler.

Darth Vegas
Touche'.

grey fox
From what the side stories (TV-Movie-Series....Thing) show Indie DOES have retarded aging considering he's over a hundred and looks in his late forties - mid fifties.

The-Judge
indiana jones

don't shiv

Heads High Captain

don't shiv
Indi can fight great, Just Remember Bat's is a Great Fighter!

and B' , running buddies with Deadman, Zatania, Etrigan/Jason Blood is up to snuff iwith the occult.

B' will boost Indy to Hallvalllah!

SpunkySmurph
bump

Symmetric Chaos

Yes, yes, at face, it seems incredibly one-sided, but PLEASE keep in mind Indiana's incredible probability altering powers. He has them on a level far beyond Domino's or Longshot's. no expression

IJ 6/10

Badabing
MVbv6r_tKnE

guy222
Shut up you naysayers, Indiana was in a TON of comics: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Indiana_Jones_appearances

Anyways.

Who would win, both in a solely hand to hand confrontation, and also with Indiana with his Bullwhip & revolver, and Batman with all his toys.

Indiana Jones

Juntai
1) Batman.
2) Batman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.