Captain America w/Power Gem vs Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

charlemagne9746
Ok...one on one...normal Captain America wouldn't have a chance against Hulk physically. If Cap had the power gem...would that augment his strength enough to overcome and defeat the Hulk?

Thanos_THOTU
Cap w/Power gem... He is power.

galan7777777
are we talking about the power gem that the champion possesses?

Thanos_THOTU
Nahh the real one, which was a part of the IG

galan7777777
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
Nahh the real one, which was a part of the IG well the power gem contains access to all power and energy that ever has or will exist. It backs up the other gems and boosts their effects. With this gem alone, the user can eventually duplicate almost any physical superhuman ability, and is essentially physically invincible and therefore unbeatable when using raw power alone. and the champion has possessed this gem in the past

guy222
Hulk

Drax w/PG gave Hulk a battle

Lord Feron
Captain will rip Hulk apart. Drax is a moron fighter like most hulk versions and all tehy do is bash each other like a couple of brawlers. Captain on the other had actually has skill. Even without the gem Cap was able to lay some smack on the Hulk. def not even close to beat him but he did smack him around until he fell on his back. (and yes just using his body and sheild no special stuff) So yeah with a power gem he will def whoop hulks as*.

Troop
Originally posted by guy222
Hulk

Drax w/PG gave Hulk a battle You always seem to say that.

ultimatethor
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Captain will rip Hulk apart. Drax is a moron fighter like most hulk versions and all tehy do is bash each other like a couple of brawlers. Captain on the other had actually has skill. Even without the gem Cap was able to lay some smack on the Hulk. def not even close to beat him but he did smack him around until he fell on his back. (and yes just using his body and sheild no special stuff) So yeah with a power gem he will def whoop hulks as*.

Frankly with the power gem skilll shoulld not play much of a role. Drax is already uper level class hundred without the gem and could not drop the hulk when he ( drax) had the gem. How is cap going to do it?

Lord Feron
Originally posted by ultimatethor
Frankly with the power gem skilll shoulld not play much of a role. Drax is already uper level class hundred without the gem and could not drop the hulk when he ( drax) had the gem. How is cap going to do it?

WHoa whoa whoa before I make a fool of you are you saying "Strength" is the only consideration in combat when fighting? So YOu know Hulk is super strong and you think the best course of action to beat hulk tis to out muscle him? Please explain.... god have mercy on your soul. confused

ultimatethor
WHoa whoa whoa before I make a fool of you are you saying "Strength" is the only consideration in combat when fighting? So YOu know Hulk is super strong and you think the best course of action to beat hulk tis to out muscle him? Please explain.... god have mercy on your soul. confused

Really u can only make a fool out of urself and show ur inabiility to comprehend statements. I did not say that strength is the only consideration when fighting. You seem to think that Drax does not have super strength as well. Drax is superstrong( nearly a strong as hulk) without the power gem but evn with the gem amping his strength he was not that impressive. Captain America is not evn 1/1000000000 of a normal draxs strength. He may be loads more skillful but the his skill is not enough to stop a character that is physically on hulks level. All the times he has hurt hulk in the past are just PIS to the core and happend to much weaker versions of hulk than current WWH. The main question therefore is can the power gem amp captain americas strengh/ durability to a level high enough for his skill and strength to be able to overcome the hulk. The answer is definitely no. This is why i used the drax example. Drax with the gem amping his already great strength ws stalemating with a weaker hulk. Therefore it is unlikely that the gem will amp captain americas strengh high enough for his skill to play a major role against the hulks ver increasing strength/durability.( especially not WWH)

Evn when thor had the gem, it did not amp his strength and other powers to a level high enough to beat thanos. Now thanos is strong and powerful but when you consider that thor was already 10 times as powerful as normal ( warrior madnss) and the gem could not amp an already extra powerful thor to a above thanos level, i think it is rather dissapointing.

Phantom Zone
All the times he has hurt hulk in the past are just PIS to the core

You know what I dont think Cap wins with power gem but thats statement is incorrect. Hes hurt people more powerful than Hulk and people with comparable durability. Saying its PUS show a lack of understanding of the characters skills.

The Illuminati
Cap w/PG in a stomp.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by The Illuminati
Cap w/PG in a stomp.

I dont think it will rasie his strength and durability high enough to win.

ultimatethor
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
You know what I dont think Cap wins with power gem but thats statement is incorrect. Hes hurt people more powerful than Hulk and people with comparable durability. Saying its PUS show a lack of understanding of the characters skills.

He might have done it to others ( who did he hurt more powerful than hulk) but the reason i called it PIS is that its just plain stupid. How can you be able to physically hurt the hulk and not one shot guys like Dardevil? How can you get hit by the hulk and survive and get knocked out by streetlevelers? Its the same with batman whose kick can hurt anything, or the blackpanther who armbarred the silver surfer. Its just should not happen cuz it evn defies comic logic. Cap may know how to use pressure points supremely well but considering that the hulks body is far stronger than a normal humans, cap simply does not have the raw strength to do it.

Phantom Zone
He might have done it to others ( who did he hurt more powerful than hulk)

Korvac.

but the reason i called it PIS is that its just plain stupid. How can you be able to physically hurt the hulk and not one shot guys like Dardevil?

Bricks tend to be significantly slower than street levelers so Cap has more time to do the move and produce more force. With faster more skillful opponents its alot harder.

How can you get hit by the hulk and survive and get knocked out by streetlevelers?

Hes skillful and fast enough to roll with it. If he takes it fullforce then its PIS.

Its the same with batman whose kick can hurt anything, or the blackpanther who armbarred the silver surfer. Its just should not happen cuz it evn defies comic logic. Cap may know how to use pressure points supremely well but considering that the hulks body is far stronger than a normal humans, cap simply does not have the raw strength to do it.

Nope. You know why because if you knew about the character Captain America has been doing that shit for 100s of years and more consistently. If a character does something consistently over a long period of time you cant call it PIS, if it was once or twice...then yes.

Furthermore it doesnt matter wether its stupid. Not everything makes sense in comicbook logic.

Hell why do people of class 100 strength have trouble jumping out of orbit despite the fact they can lift billions of tons and weigh next to nothing?

Why is it class 100 people can manage to lift billions of tons but never kill anybody by accident due to strength? Hell they can just slap people people on the back and hug people then the next minute there lifting up a skyscraper. erm

Why is it when class 100s punch people they never go out of orbit they tend to just go a couple of miles, despite the fact they are using full force punches.

Sometimes we accept certain things because we are dealing with a world with diffferent laws. Yeah there is logic in comicbooks but its not always the same as the real world.

ultimatethor
Korvac.

Bricks tend to be significantly slower than street levelers so Cap has more time to do the move and produce more force. With faster more skillful opponents its alot harder.

I understand that cap has been doing it for a long time so it might not be PIS per se. Howver it is still not consistent. Cap may have more time to execute a move against a charcter like hulk than he would against someone like daredevil but considering the difference in the physical attributes of charcters he would need much less force for daredevil and would certainly not need as much time.

Anyway it all matters little as the power gem wont amp caps capabilities enough to stop WWH from killing him.

Phantom Zone
I understand that cap has been doing it for a long time so it might not be PIS per se. Howver it is still not consistent. Cap may have more time to execute a move against a charcter like hulk than he would against someone like daredevil but considering the difference in the physical attributes of charcters he would need much less force for daredevil and would certainly not need as much time.

Thats true but its consistent enough for it to be considered an established part of his powers. As I stated before there are lots of things that dont make any sense in comics but because they have been happening for a long time we consider it to a be part of comicbook logic.

Anyway it all matters little as the power gem wont amp caps capabilities enough to stop WWH from killing him.

I agree.

Troop

Anyway it all matters little as the power gem wont amp caps capabilities enough to stop WWH from killing him. Its not WWH, its normal dumb Hulk.

Troop
Saying its PUS show a lack of understanding of the characters skills.

Well you regally show a lack of comic knowledge completely so your even.

Nihilist
regular cap ko'd the regular.
so cap with the gem ftw

xmarksthespot
LMAO at simultaneously decrying PIS in another thread while talking it up in this one. Tres consistent.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
LMAO at simultaneously decrying PIS in another thread while talking it up in this one. Tres consistent.

If a character does something consistently over a long period of time you cant call it PIS, if it was once or twice...then yes.

Furthermore im not saying the feats are not impressive but he does not do it consistently enough to give him the majority. Maybe in JLA but certainly not in Batman comics so I could be wrong.

dur

xmarksthespot
PIS is always PIS. You don't need to add the self-portrait, we know what you are already.

psycho gundam
stalemate, hulk can't harm cap in any way.

OneDumbG0
I could beat Hulk with the Power Gem. It takes someone truly truly stupid to lose while wielding it. It even acts on the subconcious level and can be automatic also. In 'Blood and Thunder,' Dr. Strange (before he got neutered) and Adam Warlock both hit him with all they had and the Power Gem just made their attacks backfire on them. Seriously, it's the simplest Infinity Gem and has absolutely no drawbacks. The Reality Gem would probably make you mad, the Time Gem would probably send you spinning in time... but the Power Gem? Spite.

Soljer
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
I could beat Hulk with the Power Gem. It takes someone truly truly stupid to lose while wielding it. It even acts on the subconcious level and can be automatic also. In 'Blood and Thunder,' Dr. Strange (before he got neutered) and Adam Warlock both hit him with all they had and the Power Gem just made their attacks backfire on them. Seriously, it's the simplest Infinity Gem and has absolutely no drawbacks. The Reality Gem would probably make you mad, the Time Gem would probably send you spinning in time... but the Power Gem? Spite.

Hmmm....

New thread! OneDumbGo w/ Power Gem vs. Hulk!

stick out tongue.

Lord Feron
Really u can only make a fool out of urself and show ur inabiility to comprehend statements. I did not say that strength is the only consideration when fighting. You seem to think that Drax does not have super strength as well. Drax is superstrong( nearly a strong as hulk) without the power gem but evn with the gem amping his strength he was not that impressive. Captain America is not evn 1/1000000000 of a normal draxs strength. He may be loads more skillful but the his skill is not enough to stop a character that is physically on hulks level. All the times he has hurt hulk in the past are just PIS to the core and happend to much weaker versions of hulk than current WWH. The main question therefore is can the power gem amp captain americas strengh/ durability to a level high enough for his skill and strength to be able to overcome the hulk. The answer is definitely no. This is why i used the drax example. Drax with the gem amping his already great strength ws stalemating with a weaker hulk. Therefore it is unlikely that the gem will amp captain americas strengh high enough for his skill to play a major role against the hulks ver increasing strength/durability.( especially not WWH)

Evn when thor had the gem, it did not amp his strength and other powers to a level high enough to beat thanos. Now thanos is strong and powerful but when you consider that thor was already 10 times as powerful as normal ( warrior madnss) and the gem could not amp an already extra powerful thor to a above thanos level, i think it is rather dissapointing.

whew thank god you saved yourself from sounding like a complete fool.. if only barely. Anyway enough about you back to the topic at hand.

The power gem is by definition "It contains access to all power and energy that ever has or will exist, backs the other gems and boosts their effects. It allows the user to duplicate almost any physical superhuman ability and become invincible." but you are saying a person is X strong and the gem times X that X by some arbitrary number like 100,000 or w/e. You believe in the definition or w/e.

I know teh showings of the power gem may be disappointing but maybe the people who had it simply did not know how to use it or w/e idk the reason maybe ts pis idk but the gem is one of the most powerful items of all MArvel universe.

Anyway say your right the gem does not give you rediculously amazing physical poweress but simply amps (multiplies) the user to a certain degree based on the user's existing strength which i do not believe btw. Anyway say it at least brings him at par with Hulk. If that is true think of it like this Hulk who doesn't train in countless number of martial arts and not only that is agile. CAp would not even if he was on par with hulk try to out brawl him. That is the path of most resitence. He would dodge, counter attack, use judo like moves (or anythig that would use the force of a enemy on himself). He would simply out class him in combat w/ the gem.

anyway Cap ftw! Happy Dance

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Soljer
Hmmm....

New thread! OneDumbGo w/ Power Gem vs. Hulk!

stick out tongue.

onedumbgo ftw~! lol laughing

OneDumbG0
onedumbgo ftw~! lol laughing QFT. :P

ultimatethor
whew thank god you saved yourself from sounding like a complete fool.. if only barely. Anyway enough about you back to the topic at hand.

The power gem is by definition "It contains access to all power and energy that ever has or will exist, backs the other gems and boosts their effects. It allows the user to duplicate almost any physical superhuman ability and become invincible." but you are saying a person is X strong and the gem times X that X by some arbitrary number like 100,000 or w/e. You believe in the definition or w/e.

I know teh showings of the power gem may be disappointing but maybe the people who had it simply did not know how to use it or w/e idk the reason maybe ts pis idk but the gem is one of the most powerful items of all MArvel universe.

Anyway say your right the gem does not give you rediculously amazing physical poweress but simply amps (multiplies) the user to a certain degree based on the user's existing strength which i do not believe btw. Anyway say it at least brings him at par with Hulk. If that is true think of it like this Hulk who doesn't train in countless number of martial arts and not only that is agile. CAp would not even if he was on par with hulk try to out brawl him. That is the path of most resitence. He would dodge, counter attack, use judo like moves (or anythig that would use the force of a enemy on himself). He would simply out class him in combat w/ the gem.

anyway Cap ftw! Happy Dance

Um id advise you to stop this whole fool talk before you end up looking like one. By definition the power gem should make the user at least skyfather level and probabaly far above that. I mean all power in the universe that will evr exist? Making a person invinvible? It certainly did not do that with thor or Drax when they had it. An already amped thor with gem could not take out thanos. On the regular thanos is physically superior to thor obviously but he is not light years away. For thor while already ten times more powerful while with the power gem to lose to thanos means either of two things.
Firstly it could mean that thanos is so far ahead of thor that evn with the power gem he cant reach thanos level or secondly the level of invinvibility that the power gem gives is really not that much( at least from its showings). Id take the seond option because though thanos is far more powerful than thor, he certainly is not light years ahead of him as that story implied.

Now going to the drax incident, this is once again a terrible showing for the gem, because drax with the gem should really have been able to one shot the hulk. Though the hulk did admit that drax was easily as strong as he was, This is once again not impressive as normally drax is already almost as strong as hulk and going by the definition the gem should have made him invincible and therefore not evn close to the hulks level.

Now i know that the next argument is that both drax and thor might have not been using the gems power properly but there is no indication that captain america will be able to do any better than them as he is certainly not accustomed to that kind of power anyway.

So let me use the second theory that at least if you cant use the gem properly u wont have access to its full power and can only expect ur power to be amped to a specific level based on ur original power level.( Proof of this can be seen in the drax and thor examples as both of them only got their powers amped to a given level based on their original power levels which is the reason why thor with the gem was more powerful dan drax with gem). If this is so then we really cannot no how powerful cap with the gem will be and evn if he gets initially to hulk levels of strength he would have to be able to continuously amp his stats in order to match with the hulks ever increasing strength and Durability because his static skil level will certainly not suffice.

Therefore my argument is not that it is not possible for cap with the power gem to win but that given the gems mixed history we cant be sure of what level cap will be with the gem or how much of its power he will be able to access and it is based on this ambguity that i say WWH wins

Phantom Zone
Um id advise you to stop this whole fool talk before you end up looking like one. By definition the power gem should make the user at least skyfather level and probabaly far above that. I mean all power in the universe that will evr exist? Making a person invinvible? It certainly did not do that with thor or Drax when they had it. An already amped thor with gem could not take out thanos. On the regular thanos is physically superior to thor obviously but he is not light years away. For thor while already ten times more powerful while with the power gem to lose to thanos means either of two things.
Firstly it could mean that thanos is so far ahead of thor that evn with the power gem he cant reach thanos level or secondly the level of invinvibility that the power gem gives is really not that much( at least from its showings). Id take the seond option because though thanos is far more powerful than thor, he certainly is not light years ahead of him as that story implied.

Now going to the drax incident, this is once again a terrible showing for the gem, because drax with the gem should really have been able to one shot the hulk. Though the hulk did admit that drax was easily as strong as he was, This is once again not impressive as normally drax is already almost as strong as hulk and going by the definition the gem should have made him invincible and therefore not evn close to the hulks level.

Now i know that the next argument is that both drax and thor might have not been using the gems power properly but there is no indication that captain america will be able to do any better than them as he is certainly not accustomed to that kind of power anyway.

So let me use the second theory that at least if you cant use the gem properly u wont have access to its full power and can only expect ur power to be amped to a specific level based on ur original power level.( Proof of this can be seen in the drax and thor examples as both of them only got their powers amped to a given level based on their original power levels which is the reason why thor with the gem was more powerful dan drax with gem). If this is so then we really cannot no how powerful cap with the gem will be and evn if he gets initially to hulk levels of strength he would have to be able to continuously amp his stats in order to match with the hulks ever increasing strength and Durability because his static skil level will certainly not suffice.

Therefore my argument is not that it is not possible for cap with the power gem to win but that given the gems mixed history we cant be sure of what level cap will be with the gem or how much of its power he will be able to access and it is based on this ambguity that i say WWH wins

The most likely conlcusion is that Cap will become class 10 or something. People who get the power gem get a significant boost but not a masive boost.

Hell Champion thought the power gem didnt even work. As Thanos stated some of the Elders did not know how to use the gem properly and were only using it on a sub-conscious level. The space gem for starters didnt make Runner faster.

Inifnity gem will boost anybody that uses it but unless you know how to use it properly you will not get a massive boost.

Lord Feron

Hmmm I think we kinda agree on some things you have said on the way the gem works. Bah i think they should change the description of the gem to (user times the power of the gem = new user strength) and not that other definition that seemingly makes a user skyfather level. It would make more sense due to its showings despite its odd showing.

You did bring a good point which i totally forgot to calculate in if teh gem does bring the power level on par with hulk per say and cap's skill lvl is great but "static." I know cap was not accustomed to that sort of power but who really is.? hmmm

Maybe One may need the other gems combined to get full access to the Power gem... hmmmm interesting. Anyway if the gem brings cap to said level which may be on par with hulk he has to put down the hulk very quickly before Hulk gets stronger and more durable but i know even with the gem there will be no one shotting of the hulk by cap. Hmmm unless the gem constantly increases the users power but there is no evidence that suggest that.

I agree with you last paragraph maybe minus the Hulk winning part
big grin .

Hmm the thred does not stipulate Cap has full mastery of the gem which what seems to boil down to but let me ask you this guys if Cap did have full access and control of the Power gem should he lose still? Even then i think its hard to discern b/c Drax and Thor and Champion was never said to have mastered the gem and like Phantom Zone said Champion didn't even think it worked. I' guessing that the only way to know is to look at the physical feats of IG user and see whats up. Then another problem tho the other gems like Reality and mind may combined with power to simulate physical feats.

(continue to ponder)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.