Best Storyline in a game

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eggmayo
Sorry if there's already a thread, I did check under 'best storyline'..

Anyway, I decided not to post offtopic in the worst storylines and make my own thread instead.

I gotta say its Halflife 1 and 2.. haven't played HL2:Episode 1 or 2 yet, though.

H. S. 6
Once I understood it, I got really interested in the storyline of the Halo series. yes

§P0oONY
I like the Max Payne storyline... but I'll go with Grim Fanango.

Swe_Bum
I like the Metroid Prime series yes

halfevilraiden
Easy MGS series it has so many twist's.

Blaxican Hydra
Starcraft plot was cool to me. All the politics and multiple backstabbing was fun, I was like "Omg you BS'ing b*tch!" every ten minutes...

Swe_Bum
Haha Yeah stercraft is good

ESB -1138
I like the Final Fantasy 2 (4 in Japan) storyline.

AstroFan
I say KOTOR, simply cuz I like SW and the twist threw me. lol

kamikz
Originally posted by halfevilraiden
Easy MGS series it has so many twist's.

Apolloknight
I also like the MGS storyline, very deep and interesting if you are into the military and the way it works.

Quincy Archer
Kotor, Max Payne, Kingdom hearts, and Dragon Quest 8.

I also like the story of the Prince of Persia, and The N64 Zelda games.

eggmayo
I forgot about Max Payne - there's also Deus Ex..

DanZeke25
Easily Mario.

halfevilraiden
Yes mario has an amazing story it has so many twists

§P0oONY
Originally posted by eggmayo
I forgot about Max Payne - there's also Deus Ex..

Deus Ex had an amazing storyline, was an amazing game also, shame about it's sequel.
Originally posted by halfevilraiden
Yes mario has an amazing story it has so many twists

You may want to add a smilie to tell people you're being sarcastic... stick out tongue

MadMel
i like FF7's storyline...pair that with AC and you have one hellauva story..

Kaled
Originally posted by MadMel
i like FF7's storyline...pair that with AC and you have one hellauva story..

true, i'm also a fan of Dark Cloud 2 , or Dark Chronicle in UK.
that was good, with time distortion and how griffon tricks you, it's good smile

MadMel
hmm...yea..
now what else......

VanillaCocaCola
Planescape: Torment.

MadMel
er...never heard of it.....

Alpha Centauri
Resident Evils.

-AC

VanillaCocaCola
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Resident Evils.

-AC blink

er...never heard of it..... Sad. sad http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planescape:_Torment

MadMel
ooh, ooh, ohh!....the LOK (legacy of kain) series.....the most chronalogically twisted story ive seen in a game...cant wait for a sequal...big grin big grin

Burning thought
hmm indeed, i dont think theres any game with a story as deep as the LOK series, pieces all locking into place and making sense with every game you play, awsome story, id rate LOK and the game called Myths story as some of my favorites, love the characters and such

Myth is quite a unique game that it seems few people have heard of but i think its got an awsome story

VanillaCocaCola
ooh, ooh, ohh!....the LOK (legacy of kain) series.....the most chronalogically twisted story ive seen in a game...cant wait for a sequal...big grin big grin You mean a prequel???????!

MadMel
loom......one of the best stories....and the voice acting....those guys could put emotion in a 10000 page tax book..noone here has heard of it..
Originally posted by VanillaCocaCola
You mean a prequel???????! like i said...chronologically twisted..

Burning thought
hmm, i think they should make all the games and then perhaps someone can make a huge film of it, like a trilogy or somethin like LOTR, its got a good enough story thats for sure, the only difficulty is to get all the same voices at the same time as having good actors, Simon templemen doesnt look like Kain really confused ....Kain would have to be done in CGI or somethin and simon does the voice

Id also like an RPG based version of the game a bit like Elder scrolls oblivion where people and citizens walk around and do their own stuff and then you play as Kain or some sort of Human, Vampire or maybe Demon or soul reaver like Raziel and then evolve, get stronger, learn skill and spells and suck blood. Imagine playing as Kain as powerful as he is now in Nosgoth, the game could allow players to Evolve Kain depending on how long they play, if you play like 5-10 hours on the game, Kain evolves with a new gift such as wings or more powers and such, would be awsome and prob sell loads to LOK fans, Oblivion fans, Free style game fans and vampire fans or anyone who wants to play an awsome game Happy Dance

would be ab interesting concept, and finally when Kain is fully evovled he can shatter buildings with TK and rip out trees or kill entire legiosn and armies of sarafan warriors, would be awsome to fight hundreds on screen at once, with all Kains powers during the game eek!

Kayne Archeron
hm...

Chrono Trigger/Cross

the MGS games

FF's 6 through 10

Conker's Bad Fur Day (for how simple it was, it was really enjoyable)

and i actually liked Wind Waker's story alot

AstroFan
Originally posted by Kayne Archeron

Yeah, at first it looked no way connected to OoT, but that changes. stick out tongue

WrathfulDwarf
I used to like KOTOR storyline and even consider it to be among the best. Then Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory was released and it completely knock out KOTOR for me. Story had some really good twists and an uncertain ending. Really kept me going throught the game. This is why I can't wait for Double Agent and see what happens to Sam's character.

DarkC
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Once I understood it, I got really interested in the storyline of the Halo series. yes
That and WarCraft.

BackFire
Final Fantasy VI, Final Fantasy X, MGS, Half Life series, RE series, Warcraft III, FEAR, Starcraft, Final Fantasy VII, Chrono Trigger, Oblivion.

mysterio69
the legend of zelda games have a pretty fun good story line. they're simple and they kinda change from game to game, but the general mythos is pretty cool. i really liked majora's mask for some reason.

Infinity
my favorite storyline are final fantasy 7. final fantasy 10.kingdom hearts series.zelda ocarina of time ANDDDD last but yet. NOT LEAST MGSSSSSS WOW WADDA STORY TOO MANY TWIST AND TURNS. ITS SIMPLY AMAZING. SNAKE EATER LEFT ME WITH NOTHING BUT TEARS.

Kurosaki Ichigo
I thought the Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 Storylines were awesome! big grin When i play a different game i will post that Storyline.

Infinity
i also cried at end of ff10

Skeets
Chrono Trigger,Cross.
Final Fantasy series.
Resident evil series.
Legend of Zelda,Link's awakening,link to the past,Ocarina of time,Wind waker.

Lana
I'm very partial to FFX's storyline, myself.

Skeets
It was great just got a little confusing towards the end.

Lana
I didn't find it confusing at all...it doesn't all come together until the end though.

IceJaw
hm...

Chrono Trigger/Cross

the MGS games

FF's 6 through 10

Conker's Bad Fur Day (for how simple it was, it was really enjoyable)

Kayne Archeron
Originally posted by Lana
I'm very partial to FFX's storyline, myself.

same... the soundtrack wasn't half bad either

Lana
same... the soundtrack wasn't half bad either

The soundtrack's great.

I've always loved FF music, though.

Kayne Archeron
Originally posted by Lana
The soundtrack's great.

I've always loved FF music, though.

indeed... i won a guilty gear CD from a guilty gear tournament, but the minute i saw that the Potion: Chillin' with Final Fantasy CD was of equal value, i immediately traded for it

The-Judge
legend of zeldabig grin

Blanka
starcraft and maybe the pokemon red n blue big grin big grin big grin

who?-kid
For the few people who have actually played it : "Arc the Lad : Twilight of the Spirits" had a pretty good story with "realistic" emotions and lots of different points of view.

MadMel
Originally posted by Burning thought
hmm, i think they should make all the games and then perhaps someone can make a huge film of it, like a trilogy or somethin like LOTR, its got a good enough story thats for sure, the only difficulty is to get all the same voices at the same time as having good actors, Simon templemen doesnt look like Kain really confused ....Kain would have to be done in CGI or somethin and simon does the voice

Id also like an RPG based version of the game a bit like Elder scrolls oblivion where people and citizens walk around and do their own stuff and then you play as Kain or some sort of Human, Vampire or maybe Demon or soul reaver like Raziel and then evolve, get stronger, learn skill and spells and suck blood. Imagine playing as Kain as powerful as he is now in Nosgoth, the game could allow players to Evolve Kain depending on how long they play, if you play like 5-10 hours on the game, Kain evolves with a new gift such as wings or more powers and such, would be awsome and prob sell loads to LOK fans, Oblivion fans, Free style game fans and vampire fans or anyone who wants to play an awsome game Happy Dance

would be ab interesting concept, and finally when Kain is fully evovled he can shatter buildings with TK and rip out trees or kill entire legiosn and armies of sarafan warriors, would be awsome to fight hundreds on screen at once, with all Kains powers during the game eek!
id get it...except for the evolution but..i dont think i want that..the rest of it though would rock...back on topic...loz OOT was a good story..

crazy_shadow
Prey...made me think about life..y we here?
orrr
Silent Hill for the crazy wicked effect story
OR
Quake 2 & 4. Brings a new way of aliens invading the earth...they turn us into them instead of just killing us or abducting us or whatever. of course many movies and games made after quake2 had this stuff so no one really thinks it was their idea much..

BUT YEAH!!

AstroFan
The GTA games have good stories, especially since they are so well acted.

VinceValentine
Kingdom hearts is the most heartfelt game i have ever come across, final fantasy 7 remade on ps 3 with all the effects that kh had would be the only game to be better than kh, everything about kingdom hearts was awesome, anyone who plays it a bit will love it and it had the best ending ever, so yeh thats my opinion on best storyline game ever

shin_gear
^Like what you said.

Anyway I was going to say FFX...but KH2 is tied with that on my list.

MadMel
i forgot loom
that game had emotion coming outta the pixels big grin

((The_Anomaly))
The Metal Gear storyline is my personal favorite. Its deep, interesting and engrossing though sorta convoluted at times but that's why I find it interesting since it makes me want to play the games over and over in order to get stuff that I missed the first time around. That's the cool thing about the MGS series, every time I replay one I notice something new that I didn't before.

Terryc250
Final Fantasy 7, Final Fantasy 6, Chrono Trigger, Starcraft

Hannibal-Lector
Originally posted by Infinity
i also cried at end of ff10

Same actually, its what real men do who dont pretend they are somethign else or too macho...

my votes are ffx ffvii, warcraft (frozen thrown had a creepy ending)

Maestro
Shadow of The Colossus, Ico, Zelda, God of War to name a few.

Gregory
Silent Hill 2.

"So that's why all this is happening? Damn."

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
The Metal Gear storyline is my personal favorite. Its deep, interesting and engrossing though sorta convoluted at times but that's why I find it interesting since it makes me want to play the games over and over in order to get stuff that I missed the first time around. That's the cool thing about the MGS series, every time I replay one I notice something new that I didn't before.

The first Metal Gear Solid (Well, not first, but first Playstation game) was the best I think. Two just had The Matrix Reloaded syndrome, tried too hard to achieve a smart ending. I've never even played 3, the series was tainted for me, which is a shame because it was lining up to be my fav besides the R.Es.

I did like the second, a lot, and the ending WAS good, it just tried too hard.

-AC

Lana
FFX is still the best, in my opinion.

I'm honestly not sure I'll ever find anything that will top that for me.

shin_gear
FFX it is.

Sweet Escape
I gotta agree, FFX.

Maybe because it's the first game I've ever played on my own. But when I started it, I couldn't stop. I still go back and play it every now and again. I just love the story. It never gets old, and I cry every single time.

The Black Ghost
Knights of the Old Republic 1, and the original Halo.

Both have amazing stories.

SelphieT
Best story line?

Gotta catch'em all, by far.

Soljer
Originally posted by H. S. 6

Incredibly ' meh.'

Half Life 1 and 2
Deus Ex
Max Payne
Final Fantasy VI/VII
System Shock 2
Planescape: Torment
Chrono Trigger
Fallout 2

Starcraft doesn't have much in the way of PLOT - but the Universe is amazing.

shin_gear
Soljer cRoudO! big grin

Originally posted by Sweet Escape
I gotta agree, FFX.

Maybe because it's the first game I've ever played on my own. But when I started it, I couldn't stop. I still go back and play it every now and again. I just love the story. It never gets old, and I cry every single time. Me too cryfox

ESB -1138
I love Final Fantasy IV's story.

shin_gear
VI's story was great. Kefka alone made it great. Kefka smile w00t!

InnerRise
Baten Kaitos.

(Major Plot Twists out the Hoo Ha)

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Bardock42
Farenheit was excellent. Gothic is really nice. Knights of the Old Republic. Max Payne.

ESB -1138
Zelda: A Link to the Past!

Blax_Hydralisk
Halo 131[/csm

Actually KOTOR 1.

Newjak
Max Payne was very good

another game whose story I absolutely loved was Shadowman

Superboy Prime
The storyline I have enjoyed the most was Metal Gear Solid's. There are other cool stories in other games, but MGS's was perfectly paced IMHO.

shin_gear
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Halo 131

Actually KOTOR 1. Fix'd. hug

S_D_J
MGS hands down

I never been intrigued, awed and felt played (like Snake did) then when I played and finished this game.

god it was amazing, so detailed and down to earth, I felt moved by the ninja story, and how everyone seem to double cross, or used, Snake.

not only it's the best storyline... it's the best game I've ever played in my life

FFX has a great storyline too... though it was way to depressing

S_D_J
sorry for double posting, but I cant believe I forgot about KH

KH storyline it's superb, way up on my list, only surpassed by MGS

shin_gear
KH and FFX are my favorite. happy

SnazzySmurph
Besides what's already been mentioned, I love the Tales of Symphonia storyline.

Major plot twists.

Blax_Hydralisk
Super Smash Bros. storyline is the best.

shin_gear
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Super Smash Bros. storyline is the best. chair

DarkC
Warcraft, Halo, FF come to mind.

SnazzySmurph
Originally posted by SnazzySmurph
Besides what's already been mentioned, I love the Tales of Symphonia storyline.

Major plot twists. Bottom of de page.

colonelf40
gta san andreas or vice city

shin_gear
Duck Hunt. lol2

Burning thought
laughing nah Pong>duck hunt...the storyline has so many twists and turns

MadMel
OMG, the ball went to the other side....this changes everything!!! laughing

Hannibal-Lector
FF7 or FF10 or WC3 FT

Spartan005
Halo 1-3, WoW

there's a bunch of other games that have good storyines (splinter cell, ghost recon) but none of it is as creative as halo which is why they don't stand out as much imo

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Spartan005
Halo 1-3, WoW

there's a bunch of other games that have good storyines (splinter cell, ghost recon) but none of it is as creative as halo which is why they don't stand out as much imo

??What?? Just say you're a Halo fanboy because the story isn't that good.

Blax_Hydralisk
In your opinion.

shin_gear
X-2's story was so sad and dramatic.

Darkhalen
There are so many good story lines I just can't choose

djzoid
MGS is my absolute favourite, i admit mgs 2 (post snes) began the downhill slope with almost manga-like bosses, but the storyline is still very well thought out and complex. i remember how psycho mantis describes ur 'personality' by using the amount of saves u made and forcing u to use player 2 slot! awesome technically and artistically. and ffx?! what happened to ff7! clearly the best storyline out of all ff's! in-depth, emotional (not 'emo' lol) and complex, always something new when replaying. also legacy of kain was masterfully created.

ByakuyaKuchiki
Xenogears's storyline. Outclasses any other story in any medium of storytelling.

ByakuyaKuchiki
Xenosaga I-III, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy IX somewhat approach it however.

jalek moye
Mass Effect

Yakuza 1 & 2

Jade Empire while cliche in scope, was executed greatly and had twists you thought you would expect but didn't

ByakuyaKuchiki
Out of curiosity, is there anyone here who actually has played Xenogears and doesn't rate its storyline as the best?

Impediment
My personal favorites have always been the Resident Evil series. It's just one big intricate story that never fails to offer a surprise with every new installment.

Super Paper Mario for Wii is also a lush storyline. I was genuinely impressed.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by ByakuyaKuchiki
Xenogears's storyline. Outclasses any other story in any medium of storytelling.

Big words.

ArtificialGlory
Armageddon's Blade, Gauldoth Half-Dead, Elwin & Shaera, WC3: Reign of Chaos come to mind.

ByakuyaKuchiki
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Big words.

It's a big storyline.

ByakuyaKuchiki
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Armageddon's Blade, Gauldoth Half-Dead, Elwin & Shaera, WC3: Reign of Chaos come to mind.

no

ArtificialGlory

no

occultdestroyer
Chrono Trigger & Chrono Cross

ICO & Shadow of The Colossus

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VI & Final Fantasy VI

Special mention:

Legend of Mana (extremely underrated.. great storytelling and music)

iTy1NwhqZ2o

NDOyoXjTUfs

ByakuyaKuchiki
The best storylines for any medium can be found in JRPGs.

ByakuyaKuchiki
Xenogears, Xenosaga I-III, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy IX, Vagrant Story, Grandia I-III, Radiata Stories, Valkyrie Profile, Baten Kaitos etc...

occultdestroyer
edit

ArtificialGlory
Dear Lord, I must have landed in Wapan and not know it yet.

ByakuyaKuchiki
NGE and the .hack series possibly.

ByakuyaKuchiki

Damn right you have. big grin

ByakuyaKuchiki
But yeah the others that you listed not too much lol.

Edit - forgot about Code Geass, awesome anime.

occultdestroyer
Blame the West for lack of creativity

ArtificialGlory
Bow down your heads Tolkien, Shakespeare, and Dostoyevsky, here come FF, Xenogears and Dragon ****ing Ball.

Stop the world, because I want to get off.

ByakuyaKuchiki
With the exception of Lost in TV, and The Prestige in Film and Literature, ^^ damn straight.

occultdestroyer
Well, we WERE talking about games here big grin

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Well, we WERE talking about games here big grin

He said in "All mediums".

Dragon Ball... Good Christ... I'm still in a shock over that one. FF, Xenogears I could almost understand(but not really), but DB... I was 10 when I first saw it and it made me cringe... with my ass.

ByakuyaKuchiki
I will admit that Dragon Ball doesn't belong in that list, lol, however the people that you listed aren't exactly examples of especially great storytellers but of great writers. As stories, JRPGs are unrivalled.

ArtificialGlory
JRPGs are unrivalled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3y3QoFnqZc&feature=PlayList&p=367D52F9B361BF9B&index=14

I never thought that such a short sentence could possibly contain such vast amounts of horseshit.

ByakuyaKuchiki
That was incredibly mean.

ByakuyaKuchiki
and wrong. big grin

ArtificialGlory
That was incredibly mean.

Calling JRPG stories the best in any medium wasn't just mean. It was a war crime.

ByakuyaKuchiki
Outside of the JRPG genre, the only stories that truly come close are the Metal Gear Solid games, Lost, and the Prestige. That's it.

ByakuyaKuchiki
Calling JRPG stories the best in any medium wasn't just mean. It was a war crime.

In a war that the Japanese are winning. big grin

ArtificialGlory
Outside of the JRPG genre, the only stories that truly come close are the Metal Gear Solid games, Lost, and the Prestige. That's it.

MGS had a pretty solid storyline, Lost is a contrived shitburger, don't know what you mean by the Prestige.

There are some Japanese games that have pretty good storylines and none of them are JRPGs.

ByakuyaKuchiki
The Prestige, directed by the incredibly talented Christopher Nolan who also wrote the scripts for and directed Memento, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. As a film, it's fundamentally unique in two ways:

1. Not only does it have amazing first viewing value with the incredible sense of mystery, suspense, and revelation throughout, but also incredible rewatchability with the manner in which we see everything connect together and start seeing all the different clues hinting to what we eventually find out.

2. Not only is it an incredibly unique, complex, artistically brilliant and meaningful film, but unlike others like that out there, it isn't that way at the expense of a fast moving, entertaining plot.

Essentially, it's the perfect movie and by far the greatest ever made.

ArtificialGlory
The Prestige, directed by the incredibly talented Christopher Nolan who also wrote the scripts for and directed Memento, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. As a film, it's fundamentally unique in two ways:

1. Not only does it have amazing first viewing value with the incredible sense of mystery, suspense, and revelation throughout, but also incredible rewatchability with the manner in which we see everything connect together and start seeing all the different clues hinting to what we eventually find out.

2. Not only is it an incredibly unique, complex, artistically brilliant and meaningful film, but unlike others like that out there, it isn't that way at the expense of a fast moving, entertaining plot.

Essentially, it's the perfect movie and by far the greatest ever made.

Sounds interesting. I haven't seen Memento, but if it's anything like Batman Begins and/or The Dark Knight, then I'll pass.

ByakuyaKuchiki
Extremely underrated.

http://megavideo.com/?v=MX665FT1

ByakuyaKuchiki
Both (The Prestige and Memento) were far superior to the Batman films, and vastly different as well.

SnakeEyes

So you apparently haven't picked up many books or watched many films then.

occultdestroyer
Um... Metal Gear Solid is a Japanese game franchise, created and written by a Japanese guy, developed by Japanese programmers no expression

ByakuyaKuchiki
JRPG no expression

ByakuyaKuchiki
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
So you apparently haven't picked up many books or watched many films then.

I've read/watched a few...

The Dan Brown books, the Robert Langdon series in particular, have all been incredible and kind of come close. Films, nothing but The Prestige even approaches them. For one, character and plot development is usually far superior in the more notable JRPGs out there, and its largely due to how longer they actually are and how much more time there is to explore the characters and the setting (and of course largely due to the talented writing staff behind these games). Secondly, these Japanese developers tend to be far more capable at using music to set the atmosphere and feeling of a particular scene than any movie maker out there and generally manage to do so masterfully throughout.

I understand that the majority of people out there are going to find it hard to accept that a game is going to be able to tell a better story than a format designed for it but the fact of the matter is in almost every case they (JRPGs) do.

ArtificialGlory

ByakuyaKuchiki
Starcraft
Mass Effect(nothing too spectacular, but started a story that has a lot of promise)
Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne
Braid
LoK
MM6: The Mandate of Heaven
Silent Hill 1

no

laughing out loud

REY1987
KOF has the best storyline....

the end....

ByakuyaKuchiki
no expression

occultdestroyer
Starcraft
Mass Effect(nothing too spectacular, but started a story that has a lot of promise)
Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne
Braid
LoK
MM6: The Mandate of Heaven
WTF!! Those games don't have better storylines than even the worst JRPGs.

thumb down
Silent Hill 1
thumb up

The storyline was made by Japanese btw

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
WTF!! Those games don't have better storylines than even the worst JRPGs.

thumb down

thumb up

The storyline was made by Japanese btw

Any of the games I listed has a better story than all of the JRPGs combined. If you think otherwise, you can always exercise your God-given right to bite me.

Yeah, SH was made by the Japanese and had an awesome story, too bad it wasn't a JRPG. And thank the Lawd, I wouldn't want androgynous teens with hairdos that can impale you running around in my Silent Hill.

Maybe later, if I'm feeling generous, I'll introduce you deprived sods to what is very likely the best video game ever made.

Hyuga
Yeah, SH was made by the Japanese and had an awesome story, too bad it wasn't a JRPG. And thank the Lawd, I wouldn't want androgynous teens with hairdos that can impale you running around in my Silent Hill.

laughing out loud laughing out loud

Merc'd
bioshock probably.... i also loved infamous's story for some reason

Nemesis X
I liked Gears of War 2's storyline. Lots of action and drama.

Wolverine2179
Mass effect, FFX

Spidervlad
Easily, Final Fantasy X. To this day it is one of the few games that actually touched me.

Then there's Freelancer, Star Wars Jedi Knights: Jedi Academy, World in Conflict, and Starcraft.

Magee
The metal gear games have the best story out of any I've played, its actually a selling point of the games instead of just being there to tie the action together. MGS4 is pretty much an interactive movie and a good one at that, it's like a game built around a movie.

Citan
You could say that about pretty much every single JRPG however. The MGS games have amazing stories but there are a lot of JRPGs out there that outclass them in that area.

I-Drop
GTA3 and up. POPersia SOT, GOWar series, Onimusha trilogy

DarkC
I enjoyed Max Payne.

occultdestroyer

Were not talking exclusively about RPGs anyways erm

Silent Hill and MGS are not JRPGs.
But the storylines were still made by Japanese though.

And that just proves that Japanese storylines are far superior than Western ones, whichever the video game genre may be.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>