World War II : Operation Overlord (Awaiting Approval)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WienrichX
The Invasion Of Normandy (Omaha Beach)

This is a professional RP, this does not mean newbie role-players cannot play, it just means that some things will not be tolerated, read on for more information.

The Battle of Normandy was fought in 1944 between Nazi Germany in Western Europe and the invading Allied forces as part of the larger conflict of World War II. Over sixty years later, the Normandy invasion, codenamed Operation Overlord, still remains the largest seaborne invasion in history, involving almost three million troops crossing the English Channel from England to Normandy in then German-occupied France.

The primary Allied formations that saw combat in Normandy came from the United States of America, United Kingdom and Canada. Substantial Free French and Polish forces also participated in the battle after the assault phase, and there were also contingents from Belgium, Czechoslovakia, Greece, the Netherlands, and Norway.

The Normandy invasion began with overnight parachute and glider landings, massive air attacks and naval bombardments, and an early morning amphibious assault on June 6, "D-Day". The battle for Normandy continued for more than two months, with campaigns to establish, expand, and eventually break out of the Allied beachheads, and concluded with the liberation of Paris and the fall of the Falaise Pocket in late August 1944.

The importance of the battle of Normandy was best summed up by Hitler himself; "In the East, the vastness of space will . . . permit a loss of territory . . . without suffering a mortal blow to Germany's chance for survival. Not so in the West! If the enemy here succeeds . . . consequences of staggering proportions will follow within a short time."
_____

You will take part in the beach landings of June 6, 1944. This will be a completely realistic role-play. That means no 'God-Moding', no 'Superhero' posts, and no screwing around. Remember, it's your choice to role-play this, and if you're not going to follow the rules, don't sign up. Also, I'd like to keep the typing to something semi-formal. Hopefully we can sway away from typing like 'i shoot n kill 5 germans, and thro a nade and kill 7 hidin behind a rock.' Please keep it detailed, and try to type properly. Thank you for your consideration, and please, just have fun.

Also, when your character is talking, always use quotes. When you're talking on radio (Radioman only) use .

Character sign-up sheet:

Name- (Your name)

Age- (Your age)

Height- (Your height)

Weight- (Your wieght)

Rank- (Private, Private First Class, Corporal, Sergeant)

Weapon-
(Rank/Weapons vary- Private: M1 Garand, MKII Frag Grenades (2); Private First Class: M1 Carbine/M1 Garand; Corporal: Browning Automatic Rifle, MKII Frag Grenade; Sergeant: M1A1 Thompson, Colt M1911A1.)

Class- (Determined by weapon and rank. Private- Rifleman, Radioman; Private First Class- Rifleman, Assault; Corporal- Support; Sergeant- Squad Leader, Assistant Squad Leader.)

Equipment and Accessories- (Standard- Combat Vest, Combat Boots, Combat Leggings, Combat Jacket, Helmet, K-BAR Combat Knife. Extra items- Radio , Cigarettes, Chewing Gum, Compass, Etc.)

Brief Biography- (Just write a short, 1 or more paragraph history up until D-Day of your character.)

Blaxican Hydra
*Sigh*

Im sorry, but a bunch of idiots are about to start bashing you talking about how you need to post the idea first.. ect.

So I'll save you the trouble and just tell you myself, respectivly.

At the top of the threads, you'll see a topic called "Note: Hosted Area Game Ideas Submission- READ THIS THREAD FIRST!"

You need to post your idea their first, were a moderator named Ushgarak will approve your idea. THAN you can make your own topic called whatever the name fo your idea is called. making the topic first usualy results in disaster, as Ush doesn't approve unaccepted ideas very often.

So if you want to save this, I suggest you post your idea in the submission topic and beg for Ush to not close this.

DarkDethbringer
*sighs* you being nice to most n00bs who dont follow the rules is only a futile attempt to feel better than anyoen else, but oh well cannot argue with results carry on

Blaxican Hydra
I don't know what your talking about.

I feel pretty good.

red10002
iv learned my lesson trying to make a rp idea no one likes them and they probly won't liek yours just join another RP.

WienrichX
Aye, I did post it in those forums first, but I didn't know if I was allowed to make a thread like this already. That's why I put 'awaiting apporval'.

Sorry, didn't know I wasn't allowed to do that, but hey, I wasn't being a complete noob big grin.

Ushgarak
Well, thanks for the consideration. I'll re-open this if you get the players, which will happen with any luck.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.