Cyborg vs Classic Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Superboy Prime
This is Henshaw vs Classic Thor.

For this fight Cyborg Supes is not wielding any of the GL rings. Thor has MJOLNIR and is in his classic non-RKT/KT version.

They fight in Central Park New York. No BFR. Bloodlust for both characters.

Discuss.

Avalonofthewind
Borg takes this more often than not.

K3VIL
Originally posted by Superboy Prime

For this fight Cyborg Supes is not wielding any of the GL rings. Thor has MJOLNIR and is in his classic non-RKT/KT version.

Discuss.
Cyborg can absorb machinery, but unless he gets to the Avengers mansion, or is able to penetrate the F4 base or the SHIELD airship, he has nothing to use against Thor.
He's Superman with an half cyborg body, and this means the result will be the same.He'll loose.Thor has even broke adamantium, I don't see why he can't dent holes in Henshaw.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Borg takes this more often than not.

Care to elaborate?

While I know Borg is Supes with Technokinesis; isn't he less durable, not as strong; nor as fast as Kal-El?

Does he share the same weakness to magic? I've always wondered about that.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by K3VIL
Cyborg can absorb machinery, but unless he gets to the Avengers mansion, or is able to penetrate the F4 base or the SHIELD airship, he has nothing to use against Thor.
He's Superman with an half cyborg body, and this means the result will be the same.He'll loose.Thor has even broke adamantium, I don't see why he can't dent holes in Henshaw.

When did Classic Thor ever break adamantium?

K3VIL
Care to elaborate?

While I know Borg is Supes with Technokinesis; isn't he less durable, not as strong; nor as fast as Kal-El?

He admitted in the Hunter/Prey saga he got Superman's same DNA and abilities so he has the same weaknesses.

Superboy Prime
He admitted in the Hunter/Prey saga he got Superman's same DNA and abilities so he has the same weaknesses.

Yeah I know that, but I was wondering if something about his cyborg parts made him more resistant to magic than Supes.

General Kon-El
Can't Thor short-circuit Cyborg with lightning? i mean, i'm no Cyborg fan. Soo tell me if he is immune to electricity or not but uhh most robots i know would be incinerated by lightning. Soo uh correct me other wise.

Avalonofthewind
Care to elaborate?

Depends on what your definition of durable is. Borg has made his cybernetic half invulnerable even by Superman standards, and his Superman half is nearly as invulnerable as the real man of steel.

He can be in multiple bodies at once, control any tech, and is actually much faster than Superman...this is a guy who travels the universe easily.

I know Thor is more vulnerable to Henshaws tech than Henshaw would be vulnerable to Thors "magic."

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by General Kon-El
Can't Thor short-circuit Cyborg with lightning? i mean, i'm no Cyborg fan. Soo tell me if he is immune to electricity or not but uhh most robots i know would be incinerated by lightning. Soo uh correct me other wise.

I seriously doubt that would be possible.

Superboy Prime
Depends on what your definition of durable is. Borg has made his cybernetic half invulnerable even by Superman standards, and his Superman half is nearly as invulnerable as the real man of steel.

He can be in multiple bodies at once, control any tech, and is actually much faster than Superman...this is a guy who travels the universe easily.

I know Thor is more vulnerable to Henshaws tech than Henshaw would be vulnerable to Thors "magic."

I didn't know he could travel the universe that fast. Did he get to Apokolips by his own will/speed?

Avalonofthewind

Nope. Henshaw isn't some simple Cyborg.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/wall3.jpg

Superboy Prime

Avalonofthewind
I didn't know he could travel the universe that fast. Did he get to Apokolips by his own will/speed?

He willed himself from earth to a device across the universe.

He threw that device pretty damn far and effortlessly calculated a course for it.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/cyberthrow.jpg

However, he normally travels the universe under his own power although he isn't always in "Superman" form while doing it.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/cyborgtakesover.jpg

Superboy Prime
I'm still waiting for the adamantium breaking Classic Thor proof.

General Kon-El
Nope. Henshaw isn't some simple Cyborg.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/wall3.jpg Crap i thought this was Victor Stone. embarrasment

Soljer
Crap i thought this was Victor Stone. embarrasment

So did I, at first.

I was like "Hahaha! You gotta be kidding me!"

And then I read "Henshaw," and I walked away with my tail tucked between my legs, :-P.

K3VIL

Thor's "magic".
Why you wrote it like that?Thor has access to both magical and cosmic energies.
And last time I checked, Cyborg didn't showed any invulnerability to magic.Thor can incapacitate him and stop him, better than Supes would, he has access to vast powers he can use on Henshaw.What about Anti-Force + Anti Matter energies smacked on his jaw via Mjolnir?

K3VIL
I'm still waiting for the adamantium breaking Classic Thor proof.
Calm down.
Ultron Unlimited, Thor unleashed the pure lightning on Ultron and destroyed him after Ultron was kept busy from other Avengers.
Also Thor broke parts of the brain dome of Exitar the CELESTIAL.
Celestial armor>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Adamantium

Avalonofthewind
Thor's "magic".
Why you wrote it like that?Thor has access to both magical and cosmic energies.
And last time I checked, Cyborg didn't showed any invulnerability to magic.Thor can incapacitate him and stop him, better than Supes would, he has access to vast powers he can use on Henshaw.What about Anti-Force + Anti Matter energies smacked on his jaw via Mjolnir?

Funny, I've never seen Henshaw stated as being weak to magic. I have seen Thor taken out by tech. Last I checked Thor wasn't invulnerable to it.

Supes has also taken out Thor, so saying Thor can take out Henshaw because Supes has is faulty.

Henshaw is also far far faster than Thor and has vast abilities that he can use on Thor.

How would Thor like a ftl punch to the jaw with mind altering nanoprobes while a separate Henshaw body attacks at the same time with a weapon made specifically to kill Thor?

Priest
Superman takin out thor is a crossover, that dosent count.

batdude123
Originally posted by Priest
Superman takin out thor is a crossover, that dosent count.

It's canon, so therefore, it DOES count.

D-Block
Supes vs Thor is bull DC probaly had it in the contract that supes win or the would not do the crossover in a real fight Thor would own superman look at Thor's powers and look at Superman's. But Thor would Beat Henshaw as well it doesn't matter if he is weak to magic or not Thor has beaten better and more powerful foes.

Priest
Originally posted by batdude123

wow if u really believe that Thor can be KOed by superman siting down with a punch, then u are CRAZY stick out tongue
Thor has taken punches from Thanos and an enraged Hulk numerous times without being knocked out. He's a bit more durable than what was portrayed in the cross over.
So is She-Hulk>AquaMan?

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by D-Block
Supes vs Thor is bull DC probaly had it in the contract that supes win or the would not do the crossover in a real fight Thor would own superman look at Thor's powers and look at Superman's. But Thor would Beat Henshaw as well it doesn't matter if he is weak to magic or not Thor has beaten better and more powerful foes.

Amazing how the Superman hate is so bad that people even go after the writers... god forbid he do something within his powerset or people go crazy mad.

But let Surfer blow up a planet (which IS pretty stupid IMO) and let the party begin!

bigbran
Amazing how the Superman hate is so bad that people even go after the writers... god forbid he do something within his powerset or people go crazy mad.

But let Surfer blow up a planet (which IS pretty stupid IMO) and let the party begin! I think the main problem, is the fact that thor got one punched, now I believe that superman probably would win.
But when thor gets one punched, it makes it stupid.

And people hulk isn't on supermans level of strength.
And thor has feats that put him over hulk in every department.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by bigbran
I think the main problem, is the fact that thor got one punched, now I believe that superman probably would win.

While I agree with the outcome of the fight, I also agree with your that it was the best portrayal of a battle.

I mean...4 books and all those 2 got was a few measly panels? Most of book 3 was a waste which could have EASILY been used for an incredible battle.

golem370
Yet Hulk has had good showings against Thor and in a pure fist fight Thor would get beat as would Superman. Superman is not in the same league as the Hulk in strength the only thing that keeps him from losing to Hulk is his speed.

Accel
I think the main problem, is the fact that thor got one punched, now I believe that superman probably would win.
It's not like he downed Thor with just one punch the whole fight. They punched each other multiple times and wore each other out.
Where did you come to that conclusion? confused

Arahan
Tracer could beat that Cyborg.

batdude123
wow if u really believe that Thor can be KOed by superman siting down with a punch, then u are CRAZY stick out tongue
Thor has taken punches from Thanos and an enraged Hulk numerous times without being knocked out. He's a bit more durable than what was portrayed in the cross over.
So is She-Hulk>AquaMan?

I take it you haven't read it then. roll eyes (sarcastic) Before that, they had a HUGE brawl with one another. Then, after both were fatigued, Superman smacked him through a wall and Thor was KO'd.

K3VIL
Funny, I've never seen Henshaw stated as being weak to magic. I have seen Thor taken out by tech. Last I checked Thor wasn't invulnerable to it.

Supes has also taken out Thor, so saying Thor can take out Henshaw because Supes has is faulty.

Henshaw is also far far faster than Thor and has vast abilities that he can use on Thor.

How would Thor like a ftl punch to the jaw with mind altering nanoprobes while a separate Henshaw body attacks at the same time with a weapon made specifically to kill Thor?
ROTFL a weapon to kill Thor.
How would Henshaw feel with Thor flying at FTL and smack him in the jaw with Mjolnir charged by God Force and Anti Matter energy?
You believe Superman and kryptonians are owners by copyright of FTL speeds while flying?
Technology is a problem for Thor?And since when, exactly, tell me.
Cause to me, a being who can broke Celestial armors, is far above to a guy who usually absorbs machinery, has Supes powers, and then get oblitarated most of times.
Darkseid, an AVATAR of him, blasted him with Omega Effect and blocked his ebsence in a capsule while destroying all of his body.
OE is above GodForce at his fullest, but if you believe Thor's powers can't damage Henshaw, you are just jerking off.
Henshaw can analyze his enemy, yes, now what he'll find out on Thor?
That he has no yellow color, kryptonite, red sun, and fire weakness.
What his he going to do?Use his terminator like head to clean Thor's fists from his own blood?

Acrosurge

But let Surfer blow up a planet (which IS pretty stupid IMO) and let the party begin! I think the problem most people have is when Superman pulls out a Deus Ex Machina from outside his powerset. Rubbing his hands together would be an example. T-VO would be another suspect, late addition to Supes.

At the very least, the Surfer is now capable of destroying planets and survivng planet-destroying blasts. He's that strong and invulnerable. What is "stupid" about that?

Avalonofthewind
ROTFL a weapon to kill Thor.
How would Henshaw feel with Thor flying at FTL and smack him in the jaw with Mjolnir charged by God Force and Anti Matter energy?

Is this comedy hour? First Thor attacking at FTL speed while flying with his hammer. Pure comedy gold. Since when does Thor have the maneuverability of Surfer, Superman, GL, Cyborg while flying? Never.
Please please shoot some anti matter... the same stuff that powered superboy prime and wouldn't be a problem for a kryptonian cyborg.

Flying, moving, fighting...ect. You really believe Thor is a FTL character because of his hammer? Null point.

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/7720/thorshacklesi9.th.jpg

and it's ridiculously easy for borg to make a weapon to kill Thor..Thor has problems with bullets and can't survive in the sun. Matter of fact, Borg can do it easily.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/Beatdown3.jpg

Funny, I remember Borg fighting a motherbox restored Superman and a fully recharged Darkseid and it still took 2 omega beams to get rid of him. He also effortlessly broke out of Parallax's contructs fairly easily for quite a while. All characters above Thor as well coincidentally.

Should I pull the OE scan now or embarrass you later?

He'll find out that he's vulnerable to bullets, nowhere near as indestructable as the real man of steel, can't survive in the sun, can be cut, can bleed, isn't lightspeed, can be transmuted...etc etc.

What will Thor do when he finds out his opponent is in essense...indestructable? He had a hard enough time with Juggy who rocked him, add Borgs speed, versatility, and intelligence and you have more than a match for the thunder god.

batdude123
Is this comedy hour? First Thor attacking at FTL speed while flying with his hammer. Pure comedy gold. Since when does Thor have the maneuverability of Surfer, Superman, GL, Cyborg while flying? Never.
Please please shoot some anti matter... the same stuff that powered superboy prime and wouldn't be a problem for a kryptonian cyborg.

Flying, moving, fighting...ect. You really believe Thor is a FTL character because of his hammer? Null point.

and it's ridiculously easy for borg to make a weapon to kill Thor..Thor has problems with bullets and can't survive in the sun. Matter of fact, Borg can do it easily.

Funny, I remember Borg fighting a motherbox restored Superman and a fully recharged Darkseid and it still took 2 omega beams to get rid of him. He also effortlessly broke out of Parallax's contructs fairly easily for quite a while. All characters above Thor as well coincidentally.

He'll find out that he's vulnerable to bullets, nowhere near as indestructable as the real man of steel, can't survive in the sun, can be cut, can bleed, isn't lightspeed, can be transmuted...etc etc.

What will Thor do when he finds out his opponent is in essense...indestructable? He had a hard enough time with Juggy who rocked him, add Borgs speed, versatility, and intelligence and you have more than a match for the thunder god.

DAMN!! eek! laughing K3VIL=OWNED!!!

Broly92
Thor wins

batdude123
Originally posted by Broly92
Thor wins

How?

Broly92
Thor wins
How?
http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/8213/i20dont20knowvt0.gif

Avalonofthewind
How?

Simple. Things like "logic" don't apply to Broly. He simply says stupid things to get a response.

It's like a chick typing "hee hee" in a Halo 2 board.

Soujaboy

Well Thor has caught the god of speed, Hermes. Thor isn't nearly as fast as Supes, but he isn't slow.

Actually Thor can survive in the Sun. One he generates an maneuvers energies that are have higher temperatures and generate more energy than the sun. Two, he has survived a blast with no ill effect that was the equivalent to an exploding sun.wink

Actually Juggernaut is completely impervious to harm while the Borg can still feel pain. We both know what heppened in that PIS moment where Juggernuat's connection with Cyttorak was blocked.

Broly92
Simple. Things like "logic" don't apply to Broly. He simply says stupid things to get a response.

No just don't see how Cyborg wins or Thor wins sorry?

batdude123

Ah.

Tassadar

Its Canon in DC only. A comic written by DC, of course Supes is going to win.

Broly92
Avalonofthewind no offense but please shaddup you defen a dc character in every thread and look at your sig!

batdude123
Originally posted by Tassadar

No, actually it was canon for Marvel too.

Soujaboy
No, actually it was canon for Marvel too.

I've never seen it mentioned in any of the Bio's, primarily Thor's.

Tassadar

Your using Thors lowest supposed limits to define the character. If you did that, then WW could be killed with one shot from anything more powerful than a .45. Thats bullsh1t. While I agree that Superman and Cyborg Superman take a majority against Thor thanks to their normally vastly superior speed, you dont have to bash the guy for disagreeing with you.

Validus
Originally posted by Soujaboy
Read the Grandmaster's bio.

Broly92
I change my mind Cyborg wins but not by much

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Validus
Read the Grandmaster's bio.

I did, it says nothing of the DCU.

Avalonofthewind
Well Thor has caught the god of speed, Hermes. Thor isn't nearly as fast as Supes, but he isn't slow.

I don't really count things like Deathstroke hitting the Flash or Thor catching Hermes when judging a characters overall speed.

Never said Thor was slow, Borg is just simply much faster. Add that he came become the environment, instantly reform, and be in multiple places at once and we have one bad ass opponent for just about anybody.

Actually Thor can survive in the Sun. One he generates an maneuvers energies that are have higher temperatures and generate more energy than the sun. Two, he has survived a blast with no ill effect that was the equivalent to an exploding sun.wink

I'd have to see it to believe it. Even with that said, even if Thor could Cyborg can instantly scan any enemy for weaknesses and create an appropriate weapon for them.

Actually Juggernaut is completely impervious to harm while the Borg can still feel pain. We both know what heppened in that PIS moment where Juggernuat's connection with Cyttorak was blocked.

Thor feels pain a lot easier than Henshaw does, and his (borgs)healing factor is sick. While Thor wears down Henshaw can rebuild and rebuild looking like brand new everytime especially on Earth where raw material is in abundance and tech is plentyful.

Validus
I did, it says nothing of the DCU.
Of course not. They can't legally say DCU without permission. Can you tell me who else that "League of Heroes" along with the "Scholar" was referring to? I'd definitely like to read that book.

Soujaboy
Of course not. They can't legally say DCU without permission. Can you tell me who else that "League of Heroes" along with the "Scholar" was referring to? I'd definitely like to read that book.

Why wouldn't they just ask?

All they would have to say is an a crossover with the DCU.........

Do you recall any moments where the crossover was stated on Panel in the MU?

Broly92
Cyborg healing factor is his main advantage and is enough for a majority but what if Thor flew the battle into a very empty area?

Validus
Why wouldn't they just ask?

All they would have to say is an a crossover with the DCU.........
DC and Marvel are not on a friendly terms right now. Do you not understand that DC Comics is a trademarked named?

Do you recall any moments where the crossover was stated on Panel in the MU?
Don't have to.

You're reaching and you know it. Since it angers you so much, here's a consolation prize.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/030904.jpg

Broly92
You guys are really jerks disgust down

Avalonofthewind
Your using Thors lowest supposed limits to define the character. If you did that, then WW could be killed with one shot from anything more powerful than a .45. Thats bullsh1t. While I agree that Superman and Cyborg Superman take a majority against Thor thanks to their normally vastly superior speed, you dont have to bash the guy for disagreeing with you.

People act like I said 10/10 for Borg. My point is simply that Borg takes the majority. In no way did I say Thor was weak.

Maybe you missed my debatee's post insulting me and comparing Borg to a terminator? Acting like being defeated by a fully powered omega beam is somehow a weakness?

Avalonofthewind no offense but please shaddup you defen a dc character in every thread and look at your sig!

Nice one...but later you agree with me.
To me it's a fair vote. Marvel/DC doesn't mean jack. I'd debate it if someone said that Steel could take out Ironman easily...and I like Steel MUCH more than Iron man.

Broly92
People act like I said 10/10 for Borg. My point is simply that Borg takes the majority. In no way did I say Thor was weak.

Maybe you missed my debatee's post insulting me and comparing Borg to a terminator? Acting like being defeated by a fully powered omega beam is somehow a weakness?

Nice one...but later you agree with me.
To me it's a fair vote. Marvel/DC doesn't mean jack. I'd debate it if someone said that Steel could take out Ironman easily...and I like Steel MUCH more than Iron man.
I have not seen you vote for Marvel EVER! in a close fight

Avalonofthewind
I have not seen you vote for Marvel EVER! in a close fight

Well then. Not my issue. I've never seen you give a thoughtful in depth analysis of a battle either.

Soujaboy
I don't really count things like Deathstroke hitting the Flash or Thor catching Hermes when judging a characters overall speed.

Never said Thor was slow, Borg is just simply much faster. Add that he came become the environment, instantly reform, and be in multiple places at once and we have one bad ass opponent for just about anybody.

I'd have to see it to believe it. Even with that said, even if Thor could Cyborg can instantly scan any enemy for weaknesses and create an appropriate weapon for them.

Thor feels pain a lot easier than Henshaw does, and his (borgs)healing factor is sick. While Thor wears down Henshaw can rebuild and rebuild looking like brand new everytime especially on Earth where raw material is in abundance and tech is plentyful.

Considering the fact that Thor's speed has never been outright stated and/or defined, it's ok to consider this feat as a high showing.

In this fight The executioner states that he blast with an attack that was equivalent to that of an exploding sun(first scan). Thor stands up unharmed shortly afterwards.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Scans/journeyintomystery103092bx.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Scans/journeyintomystery103102pd.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Scans/journeyintomystery103111wz.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Scans/journeyintomystery103123fu.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Scans/journeyintomystery103134jj.jpg

Considering the fact that lightning is 5x hotter than the surface of the sun, and Thor has shown the ability to increase his lightnings power by 10,000 fold, he does in fact control energy thats hotter than the surface of the sun.

I've done the math, Considering the fact that lightning has been calculated at 54,000 degrees and Thor has increased the power of his lightning by 10,000 folds. Thors lightning has reached 540,000,000 degrees. Thats a bit more than the temperature of the Sun my friend wink

Soujaboy
DC and Marvel are not on a friendly terms right now. Do you not understand that DC Comics is a trademarked named?

Don't have to.

You're reaching and you know it. Since it angers you so much, here's a consolation prize.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/030904.jpg

no expression

Broly92
Well then. Not my issue. I've never seen you give a thoughtful in depth analysis of a battle either.
I am serious when I can give a clear answer to a battle when I am not sure like this I tend to joke around embarrasment

Validus
You know that pic made you smile when your first saw it.

leonidas
yes

UniOmni
Thor vs Henshaw??

ThunderGod 6.5 times outta ten.

Henshaw isn't as durable as Superman.

Isn't as powerful as Superman.

Superman isn't as powerful as Thor.

Should be, could be, but isn't as shown.

Any energy used, will be absorbed and reflected times ten.

Thor isn't as durable as Superman, due to not having a forcefield of such high quality.
But (imo!!) his damage soak outpaces Superman by a fair bit.

And Thor has been in the sun with little problems.
Talked to his brother Atum with no trouble.

Taken attacks from Celestials.

And can be a beast with the godblast.

Anti-Force blasts and the rest of the hammer tricks??

A good charged hammer throw, would wreck Cyborg.

And the OE he took wasn't as full power.

Darkseid explicitly stated later that he was then at fullpower and the farce would end.

Cyborg is good.
And he did take over his portion of the Source Wall iirc.
But the guy is a loser.

And has he ever shown speedblitz capabilities?? OR is it just assumed??

Jesse7
Go Avalon GO! Go Go Go!

Avalonofthewind
Considering the fact that Thor's speed has never been outright stated and/or defined, it's ok to consider this feat as a high showing.

In this fight The executioner states that he blast with an attack that was equivalent to that of an exploding sun(first scan). Thor stands up unharmed shortly afterwards.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Scans/journeyintomystery103092bx.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Scans/journeyintomystery103102pd.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Scans/journeyintomystery103111wz.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Scans/journeyintomystery103123fu.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Scans/journeyintomystery103134jj.jpg

Considering the fact that lightning is 5x hotter than the surface of the sun, and Thor has shown the ability to increase his lightnings power by 10,000 fold, he does in fact control energy thats hotter than the surface of the sun.

I've done the math, Considering the fact that lightning has been calculated at 54,000 degrees and Thor has increased the power of his lightning by 10,000 folds. Thors lightning has reached 540,000,000 degrees. Thats a bit more than the temperature of the Sun my friend wink

Not bad. It's from the era of comics where Superman could vibrate people to other dimensions though. That still pales next to light speed but at least it's an example.

Lightning is 6 times hotter than the surface of the Sun at heat up to 54,000 degrees Fehrenheit. The core of the sun is 27 million degrees Farenheit.

Standard Supes HV is hotter than the Sun and Borg can improve on it with kryptonian or apokaliptan tech.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by UniOmni
Thor vs Henshaw??

ThunderGod 6.5 times outta ten.

Definitely your opinion. I'd say 7/10 Cyborg. Speed, versatility and virtual immortality kills.

Henshaw isn't as durable as Superman.

Isn't as powerful as Superman.

Superman isn't as powerful as Thor.

If you destroyed Supermans or Thors body they can instantly come back or reform? That's part of durability. Superman himself has claimed that Borgs cyber half can be indestructable...and borg isn't always in half superman/half borg mode either. He took an atomizing blast without any issue whatsoever...barely a hair out of place.

Any energy used, will be absorbed and reflected times ten.

Way to ignore the speed advantage, multiple bodies, computer like intelligence, the fact that he can become the environment...etc. Thor would never get the chance realistically.

Who said Cyborg would stand still and fire energy blasts anyway? He could do it while punching easily.

Thor isn't as durable as Superman, due to not having a forcefield of such high quality.
But (imo!!) his damage soak outpaces Superman by a fair bit.

Because Thor Ko'd Supes with one punch? My bad, I read the wrong comic. Superman is hurt by bullets? Never in my book...

And Thor has been in the sun with little problems.
Talked to his brother Atum with no trouble.

A magical castle, hardly the real thing. Show me Thor standing on the sun itself or fighting in the sun without being in a magical castle.

Taken attacks from Celestials.

And can be a beast with the godblast.

That's nice, but a celestial would beat either Borg or Thor easily if it really wanted to. Godblast is nice, but Borg once again has tons of ways to defeat Thor since the guy is a living weapon.

A good charged hammer throw, would wreck Cyborg.

A good punch would wreck Thor, especially one that inserts nanoprobes into his body and takes it over.

And the OE he took wasn't as full power.

Darkseid explicitly stated later that he was then at fullpower and the farce would end.

So DS was recovered and in good health but that doesn't count...and someone a FULLY powered Omega beam is supposed to mean Borg is weak?

Cyborg is good.
And he did take over his portion of the Source Wall iirc.
But the guy is a loser.

Like all villians. Doom is a loser too, as is Magneto, Lex, Thanos, Lucifer, Beyonder, etc. Damn those heroes winning!

From now on I'll automatically vote against all villains because they lose even when having ultimate power! Yep. Damn them!

And has he ever shown speedblitz capabilities?? OR is it just assumed??

He has all of Supermans capabilities enhanced by cybernetics and a computer like mind. He travels the universe easily like Surfer does. Do you honestly believe he would be slow?

Soujaboy
Not bad. It's from the era of comics where Superman could vibrate people to other dimensions though. That still pales next to light speed but at least it's an example.

Lightning is 6 times hotter than the surface of the Sun at heat up to 54,000 degrees Fehrenheit. The core of the sun is 27 million degrees Farenheit.

Standard Supes HV is hotter than the Sun and Borg can improve on it with kryptonian or apokaliptan tech.

It's from an era that was never retconned, Dc's was.

Ok it's 27 million degrees, which isn't hotter than the 540,000,000 Thor's is able to generate.

Thor's lightning is hotter than the Sun, and that not even counting the "pure lightning" he's able to generate. wink

BTW Thor can absorb energy, so HV would be pointless. As would tech since it can be short circuited or incinerated with the lightning Thor's able to generate.

However Thor would still end up on the losing end of this one.(I think)

Avalonofthewind
It's from an era that was never retconned, Dc's was.no expression

Ok it's 27 million degrees, which isn't hotter than the 540,000,000 Thor's is able to generate.

Thor's lightning is hotter than the Sun, and that not even counting the "pure lightning" he's able to generate. wink

BTW Thor can absorb energy, so HV would be pointless. As would tech since it can be short circuited or incinerated with the lightning Thor's able to generate.

Infinite crisis made a LOT of things canon again.

10,000 times is hyperbole. If you really want to go that route then Superman/Cyborgs HV is immeasurable.

Once again, Borg can be in multiple instantly adaptable bodies and even become the environment. Thor isn't absorbing anything but punishment.

I suspect an "atomizing" blast is more powerful than any lightning and Thor is still vulnerable to tech. No way Thor is immune to Kryptonian or Apokolips weapons.

Avalonofthewind
However Thor would still end up on the losing end of this one.(I think)

What's funny about this is that Thor and Cyborg are in the SAME TEAM in the current tourney and I'm judging in it.

leonidas
a case COULD be made that thor could absorb hank's consciousness into his hammer. he's absorbed life force on at least 2 different occasions.

this is a tough call . . . maybe 50/50 . . .

Soujaboy

Avalonofthewind

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by leonidas
a case COULD be made that thor could absorb hank's consciousness into his hammer. he's absorbed life force on at least 2 different occasions.

this is a tough call . . . maybe 50/50 . . .

Agreed. I've thought about this before actually.

It's definitely debateable whether to if it could be done. After all, this is the same guy who's consciousness was put into the source wall and instead of being trapped there like rest of the impossibly powerful beings...he starts to possess it!!

I'll stop there, I wouldn't want to give any tourney people ideas for or against either character.

stick out tongue

leonidas
thumb up

Priest
I take it you haven't read it then. roll eyes (sarcastic) Before that, they had a HUGE brawl with one another. Then, after both were fatigued, Superman smacked him through a wall and Thor was KO'd.
U know ur the only person on the forum that accually buys into that comic series.
Like i said before, does she-hulk >auqa-man?
i dont belive it do u?
and yes i read it. and the "huge brawl" wasent even shown on more than three or four pannels. We only saw them echange a few punches...a lazer beam, superman holding back the mijior, and superman KOing Thor.. dosent sound that huge too me..

Priest
thats right.

batdude123
thats right.

No, get your facts straight. roll eyes (sarcastic) It is canon for Marvel as well.

UniOmni
No, get your facts straight. roll eyes (sarcastic) It is canon for Marvel as well.

Why is it so clearly cannon for Marvel??

It hasn't been referenced in comic continuity, and thats always been the measuring stick for canon issues.

Cuz DC made it canon, doesn't mean that it automatically extends to Marvel as well.

Avalonofthewind
I bet if Thor had come out victorious the marvelites would claim it was the best comic evarrrr and it would be 2nd only to the bible for most.

Fanboy

Yeah that is how he was beaten the first time so magic would work too.

batdude123
I bet if Thor had come out victorious the marvelites would claim it was the best comic evarrrr and it would be 2nd only to the bible for most.

Yeah, seriously. roll eyes (sarcastic)

batdude123
Why is it so clearly cannon for Marvel??

It hasn't been referenced in comic continuity, and thats always been the measuring stick for canon issues.

Cuz DC made it canon, doesn't mean that it automatically extends to Marvel as well.

It's mentioned in handbooks and bios.

K3VIL

batdude123

UniOmni

If the battle was decent for both sides, then yeah i'd like it more.

But Thor beating Superman wouldn't make it the best comic ever.
Heck, Superman beating Thor isn't grounds for it being sucky at times.

Superman beating Thor with smart quips and Thor not using his head at all, makes it bad at parts.

But even if Thor beat Superman there, i wouldn't claim it as a canon win for him, unless it was referenced in Mu continuity.

And handbook means squat and you people know it.

Handbooks say alot of things that don't jibe.
We never use handbooks, unless they reinforce something already said in comics.

Handbooks and bios?? Thats reaching people.

K3VIL

K3VIL

Should I remember you that the OE was from an Avatar, which has been proved plenty times, Darkseid never faced in his full power Superman.Should I remember you that in the issue described Darkseid was affected by Doomsday jobber aura and got owned with 2punches?
Thor can't survive in the sun.Yeah.Check out my reply.Thor can't travel at lightspeed.Yeah, but he usually move by Mjolnir at FTL speeds and his not even stunned from such speeds, and dodged objects while moving at such speeds.
Former sky island of Graviton, transformed into a single compressed ball of stone and ground, who do you think is supporting much of the weight?
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5517686
Hammer moving FTL
http://img394.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lightspeed0021oi.jpg

batdude123
Maybe you and Batman like going to bed with robin?

Pffffffffft. roll eyes (sarcastic) That was weak, child. Try again, and this time, make sure to do better. roll eyes (sarcastic) thumb down

badabing
I can see this is a pleasant thread.

K3VIL
Am I drunk, or this is Thor traveling faster than lightspeed?
http://img299.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lightspeed0050lh.jpg
And it seems he can tought and act like moving at such speeds is no problem for him.

Null Bomb= Engine able to destroy a galaxy.Thor absorb its energy and then use it to revive a whole SUN.
http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ultimate0060az.jpg
Come on Avalon, BRING IT ON.

Pffffffffft. roll eyes (sarcastic) That was weak, child. Try again, and this time, make sure to do better. roll eyes (sarcastic) thumb down
Surely.Take your mighty anti-thor spray and save the day
http://images.americanas.com.br/produtos/item/262/5/262550g.gif

batdude123

Good one. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Soujaboy

FoxMeister
Isnt Thor that scottish person who they named Thursday after? And Cyborg is a very vague name.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by FoxMeister
Isnt Thor that scottish person who they named Thursday after? And Cyborg is a very vague name.

What the f**k? no expression What the f**k? no expression

kgkg
Thor 6/10 ...... Superman always beat Cyborg at his normal level........

Priest
were are u getting ur facts from? Ur just basing ur theories on hersay..where the proof that it is a marvel cannon?
and thanks for ignoring my post before that.

badabing
Originally posted by FoxMeister
Isnt Thor that scottish person who they named Thursday after? And Cyborg is a very vague name. Originally posted by Soujaboy
What the f**k? no expression What the f**k? no expression

Juntai
And it seems he can tought and act like moving at such speeds is no problem for him.

Null Bomb= Engine able to destroy a galaxy.Thor absorb its energy and then use it to revive a whole SUN.

http://images.americanas.com.br/produtos/item/262/5/262550g.gif Thor dragging behind the hammer at lightspeed in a straightline isnt going to help him in combat.

Avalonofthewind

THESE are your proof? Dragging behind the hammer? Where is what I asked for? The maneuverability, or Thors h2h? Don't make me laugh.

These do nothing against multiple bodies, becoming the environment, controlling all tech on earth, knowledge of godly and kryptonian tech, a base form as strong as Superman that can be modified and upgraded on the fly...etc.

You should stop posting copying and pasting that bio. Jut debate, dont copy and paste.

Well said. He's great at posting bio's isn't he?

Originally posted by Juntai
Thor dragging behind the hammer at lightspeed in a straightline isnt going to help him in combat.

According to many, losing to Superman means you lose to half of Marvel.
Cyborg's given Superman a hell of a lot more challenge on panel than Thor ever did....but you know...they ignore that.

Somehow Cyborg fighting both a motherbox enhanced Supes and Darkseid is considered a "weak" showing now. A full powered Omega effect taking you out now means Thors victory!

Avalonofthewind

Validus
laughing out loud

K3VIL
Poor Avalon.
You are so turned on from Henshaw you don't seem to read the answers.
Thor can drag himself FTL, and react, do you understand?
Just like Flash has reaction times on the level of speed he can achieve, same is for Thor.Flying at such speeds without being able to do anything would make Thor's fly useless.It's been showed in comics plenty times he can change direction while he's already flying, even his son, Magni, a rookie at using the hammer could do that.
Do you want H2H skill showing?
You got em':
Here is Thor owning both Loki and Fenris who were carrying replicas of Mjolnir, meaning they are powered up to further levels from their hammers.

And Thor's hammer was broken, he did it on his own.
Here are more showings of his fighting skills while in his depowered mortal form.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=369118&perpage=20&highlight=mighty+thor+forumid%3A95&pagenumber=7

Here is Thor removing the godly energies of another god
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/4655/thorvsmarduk123zd.th.jpg
Here is Marduk's Bio

Skeets
Your post would of been much better if your scans worked....no expression

K3VIL
Thor VS Loki and Fenris
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/2921/thorsmashlokiandfenrisec2.jpg
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/8926/thorsmashlokiandfenris2nv0.jpg

Mortal Thor fighting skills(scroll down near the end of the page)
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=369118&perpage=20&highlight=mighty+thor+forumid%3A95&pagenumber=7

Thor VS Adam Warlock with Soul Gem and Silver Surfer
http://img224.imageshack.us/my.php?image=warlockinfinity23074di.jpg
http://img224.imageshack.us/my.php?image=warlockinfinity23085rc.jpg
http://img226.imageshack.us/my.php?image=warlockinfinity23132ce.jpg
http://img224.imageshack.us/my.php?image=warlockinfinity23141gk.jpg
http://img240.imageshack.us/my.php?image=warlockinfinity23154qi.jpg
http://img85.imageshack.us/my.php?image=warlockinfinity23166qn.jpg
http://img85.imageshack.us/my.php?image=warlockinfinity23179av.jpg
http://img240.imageshack.us/my.php?image=warlockinfinity23183ji.jpg
Thor unleashes cosmic energies, smack down his two foes really bad and manage to resist the karmic blast of Warlock's Soul Gem, leaving Adam scared.Also Warlock makes statements of his incredible reaction times and physical might.

Soujaboy
Were giving Thor a bad name in this thread......

Skeets
Nah,that's Avalon...laughing out loud

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Skeets
Nah,that's Avalon...laughing out loud

Nah Thats *coughk3vilcough*

No offense, but thats how I see it.

K3VIL
Actually I'm posting many proof of what Avalon believes to be mere myths about Thor's abilities.
Now he got scans, what he's going to say, they are fanmade?
He say Henshaw is outta Thor league.
Actually Marduk was like a Thor powered with the Odin Force, less powerful than him, but still on skyfather ranking, and got his powers removed.

Soujaboy
Actually I'm posting many proof of what Avalon believes to be mere myths about Thor's abilities.
Now he got scans, what he's going to say, they are fanmade?
He say Henshaw is outta Thor league.
Actually Marduk was like a Thor powered with the Odin Force, less powerful than him, but still on skyfather ranking, and got his powers removed.

It's all right, I don't mind much. Just gives me more work trying to give Thor his credibility backerm

K3VIL
It's all right, I don't mind much. Just gives me more work trying to give Thor his credibility backerm
And since when did I ruined his credibility?
All the facts is reported from his power's list and the scans are already knowed but most of us here.And in all the scans is proved that Avalon is wrong about Thor's abilities and skills

Shorty G
laughing Fanboy war !

Soujaboy
And since when did I ruined his credibility?
All the facts is reported from his power's list and the scans are already knowed but most of us here.And in all the scans is proved that Avalon is wrong about Thor's abilities and skills

That not the point. Your debating in a way that some view as the way of a fanboy, thus they discredit your arguments. I don't no why, but you'll have to fight to get your credibility back.erm

K3VIL
That not the point. Your debating in a way that some view as the way of a fanboy, thus they discredit your arguments. I don't no why, but you'll have to fight to get your credibility back.erm
As I stated in the Superman VS Thor thread, I do not put Thor victorious in the fight for a matter of my own personal choices, but for a matter of using the powersets at his disposal in the best way he can, like he showed when he subdued Warlock and Surfer, and like he showed in many of the feats in his respec thread.I do not disrespect Henshaw, but from how Avalon portrays him he's the uber alles of the DCU.
Everyone today can survive an encounter with Darkseid's avatars and their Omega Beams.Even Batman.Henshaw did good, he absorbed Apokolips technology and became a huge robot, but before he did it, it took ONE full force blast of Heat Vision from Supes, to smash him through a wall, and make him absorbing machinery to reform himself.
Now, Heat Vision is less powerful than Anti Matter, Anti Force, GodForce, and Cosmic Energy.It's been stated that Supes could deflect the Omega Effect thank to enhacements from the Source, Darkseid admitted that.
So, to me, Henshaw isn't going to stomp Thor like Avalon assume.The nearest sources of hi-tech devices are Baxter Building, Avengers Mansion, Stark Enterprises.The problem is he's not getting there with Thor just looking at him flying away like he doesn't care.And also, he's not getting into let's say, the BB considering Reed's defensive devices have proved to be very powerful, he's one of the top intellects in the Marvel Universe.If an Henshaw which rebuilt himself with Apokolips technology can be harmed from full force heat vision like happened in Hunter/Prey, surely Thor's powers can.And Superman didn't speedblitzed him or something like that.Just blasted him.Period.
Why Thor can't?

Avalonofthewind
Poor Avalon.
You are so turned on from Henshaw you don't seem to read the answers.
Thor can drag himself FTL, and react, do you understand?
Just like Flash has reaction times on the level of speed he can achieve, same is for Thor.Flying at such speeds without being able to do anything would make Thor's fly useless.It's been showed in comics plenty times he can change direction while he's already flying, even his son, Magni, a rookie at using the hammer could do that.
Do you want H2H skill showing?
You got em':
Here is Thor owning both Loki and Fenris who were carrying replicas of Mjolnir, meaning they are powered up to further levels from their hammers.

And Thor's hammer was broken, he did it on his own.
Here are more showings of his fighting skills while in his depowered mortal form.

Here is Thor removing the godly energies of another god
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/4655/thorvsmarduk123zd.th.jpg
Here is Marduk's Bio

Great. You said it yourself... Thor is DRAGGING behind his hammer. Scans that don't work. Priceless!

Avalonofthewind
As I stated in the Superman VS Thor thread, I do not put Thor victorious in the fight for a matter of my own personal choices, but for a matter of using the powersets at his disposal in the best way he can, like he showed when he subdued Warlock and Surfer, and like he showed in many of the feats in his respec thread.I do not disrespect Henshaw, but from how Avalon portrays him he's the uber alles of the DCU.
Everyone today can survive an encounter with Darkseid's avatars and their Omega Beams.Even Batman.Henshaw did good, he absorbed Apokolips technology and became a huge robot, but before he did it, it took ONE full force blast of Heat Vision from Supes, to smash him through a wall, and make him absorbing machinery to reform himself.
Now, Heat Vision is less powerful than Anti Matter, Anti Force, GodForce, and Cosmic Energy.It's been stated that Supes could deflect the Omega Effect thank to enhacements from the Source, Darkseid admitted that.
So, to me, Henshaw isn't going to stomp Thor like Avalon assume.The nearest sources of hi-tech devices are Baxter Building, Avengers Mansion, Stark Enterprises.The problem is he's not getting there with Thor just looking at him flying away like he doesn't care.And also, he's not getting into let's say, the BB considering Reed's defensive devices have proved to be very powerful, he's one of the top intellects in the Marvel Universe.If an Henshaw which rebuilt himself with Apokolips technology can be harmed from full force heat vision like happened in Hunter/Prey, surely Thor's powers can.And Superman didn't speedblitzed him or something like that.Just blasted him.Period.
Why Thor can't?

More comedy! laughing

Kev, I understand you lust after the golden fabio like locks of the thunder god, but this is ridiculous. Surely you don't think Thor is taking the majority especially on EARTH right?

You know...earth where there are cellphones, computers, weapons, satellites, raw minerals aplenty around nearly every corner?

Then your ridiculous claims that Reeds devices cannot be overcome by borg? It would be childs play. Not even a minutes worth of effort.

I find it even funnier how you think Thor can hurt Borg, but you don't seem to think Borg can hurt Thor. Of the 2, Thor is the weaker physically. Mjolnir is his saving grace, but alas, he would never really get to use it.

Nice try at downplaying full powered omega beams, if you want to play games like that then Thor struggles with buidlings and bullets.

I'll happily take my "low" point over yours. smile

I don't get what is so hard to understand about Thor not being immune to either tech or an enhanced Superman.

And Thor isn't as fast as you'd like him to be. Take off the fanboy goggles. When Gladiator was using speed, Thor was bewildered...remember when he punted Mjolnir? Or maybe you forgot about Juggy beating that ass? You know..juggy, the slow slow guy with none of borgs versatility? Maybe when Count Nefaria caught Mjolnir while Thor was spinning it?

Does it need to be broken down Barney style for you to "get" it?

It would be ridiculously easy for Borg to simply do this to Thor. Apparently he isn't immune to pain and Mjolnir sure didn't get him out of this one...

K3VIL
Speaking of low showings, which most characters have, why you didn't answered to this question:
Superman destroyed Henshaw body which he rebuilt with his knowledge of Kryptonian DNA and the Exo-Armor of Darkseid Royal Guards.
A full blast of heat vision forced Henshaw to rebuilt himself.
Thor's energy attacks are above heat vision.He can indeed destroy his enemy.You say he'll rebuilt?He can still be, banished to another dimension, or stripped of his energy, cause consider this, Cyborg's mechanical side is powered by some energy source, and rarely Thor couldn't absorb energy from other beings or attacks, as I showed you he can strip a god above his level of almost all his power.
And speaking about the flight, do you understand he can change direction while flying?
Change direction:
When you direct yourself from a point to another.Is it that hard to understand?
And speaking about the godly SPEEDBLITZ, usually Henshaw talk about his superior being half machine and then use his powers, which work very well if you cannot counter them, but let's say, he begin to absorb machinery here and there.
Is he going to do it with a storm powered by cosmic energy which will rip apart most things?And You showed me Thor held by Kree technology, well, didn't Superman got slowed from Lex Luthor's armored soldier when they attacked Cadmus with Luthor near to death cause of the clones disease?Their man made weapons, not powered by any kryptonite or other of his weaknesses, did actually HURTED him.
So now, speaking of low showings, if an energy blast from an armored mercenary can hurt him, you still believe Thor is the one here who can be subdued with ease?
Henshaw's cyber abilities are great, but except for the scan with the Kree handcuffs, which like the Superman occasion can be stated as crap writing, I do not see a concrete proof.I could list low showings here too, and that wouldn't mean Cyborg Supes is weak.

Avalonofthewind
Speaking of low showings, which most characters have, why you didn't answered to this question:
Superman destroyed Henshaw body which he rebuilt with his knowledge of Kryptonian DNA and the Exo-Armor of Darkseid Royal Guards.
A full blast of heat vision forced Henshaw to rebuilt himself.

That's a bad example. For one, he's battling both Superman and Darkseid. Superman surprises Henshaw and puts him in the path of Omega beams. The beams are so powerful that Supermans arms are burning and he's not even the target. Henshaw is then blasted by full heat vision and by that time Darkseid is at "peak" power who then blasts him with his Omega beams at full force.

During all this Henshaw is fighting, talking, and rebuilding effortlessly without signs of fatigue. If not for the fully powered omega beams, he could have gone on forever.

Thor would not have fared any better against those 2.

Thor's energy attacks are above heat vision.He can indeed destroy his enemy.You say he'll rebuilt?He can still be, banished to another dimension, or stripped of his energy, cause consider this, Cyborg's mechanical side is powered by some energy source, and rarely Thor couldn't absorb energy from other beings or attacks, as I showed you he can strip a god above his level of almost all his power.

Here is what you don't seem to get. Cyborg has and can create weapons that can kill Thor. From simple stabbing weapons to beams, nanoprobes, and sonics... Borg is extremely adaptable. He can launch EVERY weapon on earth against Thor effortlessly while chillin' in somebodies celly or in a satellite or have every piece of electronics start turning into clone bodies and attack Thor.

And speaking about the flight, do you understand he can change direction while flying?
Change direction:
When you direct yourself from a point to another.Is it that hard to understand?
And speaking about the godly SPEEDBLITZ, usually Henshaw talk about his superior being half machine and then use his powers, which work very well if you cannot counter them, but let's say, he begin to absorb machinery here and there.
Is he going to do it with a storm powered by cosmic energy which will rip apart most things?

1st flaw with this theory. Borg is not just going to stand there while Thor conjurs up storms. You are assuming Thor has time to do this while he is being attacked by weapons designed to kill him, multiple versions of borg with mind controlling nanoprobes, and Borg's intelligence spreading across every piece of machinery on earth?

2nd flaw with this is...Cyborg has survived black holes, atomizing blasts, a bloodlusted parallax, and back to back HV and Omega effects. He's either been unaffected, or rebuilt instantly. By the way, Borg can absorb energy as well.

And You showed me Thor held by Kree technology, well, didn't Superman got slowed from Lex Luthor's armored soldier when they attacked Cadmus with Luthor near to death cause of the clones disease?Their man made weapons, not powered by any kryptonite or other of his weaknesses, did actually HURTED him.
So now, speaking of low showings, if an energy blast from an armored mercenary can hurt him, you still believe Thor is the one here who can be subdued with ease?

Agreed. Low showings happen in ALL comics. However, unlike Superman and Thor, Cyborg can adapt to his environment and instantly make whatever changes are necessary. He also remembers everything precisely from birth till present including all weapons and tech of the many planets and cultures he's visited/assimilated...including Apokolips with their godlike weapons and tech.

Henshaw's cyber abilities are great, but except for the scan with the Kree handcuffs, which like the Superman occasion can be stated as crap writing, I do not see a concrete proof.I could list low showings here too, and that wouldn't mean Cyborg Supes is weak.

I think it's just fine for proof. Add to that that he's owned Eradicator who's at the very least as durable as Thor himself and it's a hell of a fight. The speed, accuracy, shafe shifting, multiplying, total mastery of all machines, matter manipulation, Superman and above durability..etc of Borg is too much.

Doesn't make Thor weak or give Cyborg 10/10, but it simply means Borg has the right combination of abilities to handle Thor.

aliveinboston

Discuss.

Is this meant to be a joke? Cyborg against a Mjolnir wielding God of storms? If Thor really wanted to kill, he would simply absorb Cyborg's energy and leave nothing behind but a dead husk. Against far more powerful beings than Cyborg superman, such as Warlock and Surfer, or Drax with the Power Gem, Thor beat their skulls in with little effort. Thor not holding back is far beyond any of these characters. Cyborg is not much different from the Herald of Galactus named Air Walker except Cyborg supes doesnt have the power cosmic.

aliveinboston
And Thor isn't as fast as you'd like him to be. Take off the fanboy goggles. When Gladiator was using speed, Thor was bewildered...remember when he punted Mjolnir?

Gladiator ambushed Thor out of nowhere. Hardly a pitched battle. Gladiator himself gave up and stated that Thor is too powerful for him after getting blitzed by Thor.

Juggernaut has nowhere near Thor's strength or speed but it's easy to tee off on an enemy when you know that your personal mystical force-field will keep you from harm.

He didnt catch it while Thor was spinning it, but when Thor threw it. Nefaria himself was surprised. However, Thor wasnt trying to kill him and obviously underestimated Nefaria. It probably didnt help that being an ion powered being, Thor ionized the air around Nefaria prior to tossing the hammer. Avengers Thor is repeatedly shown as arrogant, stupid and mindless, quite unlike how he is depicted in his own comics or others. The obvious reason being that given Thor's power, the other avengers are pretty much redundant. Thor can take most of the Avenger's greatest enemies himself, in fact, he has done so many times.

K3VIL
1st flaw with this theory. Borg is not just going to stand there while Thor conjurs up storms. You are assuming Thor has time to do this while he is being attacked by weapons designed to kill him, multiple versions of borg with mind controlling nanoprobes, and Borg's intelligence spreading across every piece of machinery on earth?
2nd flaw with this is...Cyborg has survived black holes, atomizing blasts, a bloodlusted parallax, and back to back HV and Omega effects. He's either been unaffected, or rebuilt instantly. By the way, Borg can absorb energy as w
Doesn't make Thor weak or give Cyborg 10/10, but it simply means Borg has the right combination of abilities to handle Thor.
I'm glad we are back to reasoning.About the storm summoning, you see how much energy Thor unleashed on Warlock and Surfer, a matter of what?Seconds?And they got overwhelmed.In other scans in the respect thread he's showed summoning cosmic storms while in space.
What I don't get, is how can Henshaw create a specifical weapon for Thor.Most of the beings who nearly killed him or were able to, were carrying magical abilities and weapons.See, The Destroyer, or Desak, The Wrecker at his peak, Bloodaxe, Loki, Fenris, Ulik and Hyrm combined assault with magical hammers really hurted Thor.But technology based weapons aren't usually the way to restrain him.Kang the Conqueror, who has resources thousand of years from the future, was able to restrain a majority of Earth heroes through devices built to make them not able to access their powers, but Thor is among those still in charge cause Kang couldn't find a way to restrain him, not physically and not with energy weapons.Borg has more tech to call upon than Kang, but the weapons of Apokolips or other civiliazations aren't something Thor hasn't handled.The doomsday bomb he absorbed was high level of technology and he effortly drained all hi power, a galaxy destroying power and reignited a sun.This fight could go on for very long but the edge, I believe will come to Thor, considering also he can call upon many forms of energy Cyborg hasn't faced and the fact that he could just slow him down to the point he can be teleported so Thor could manage to win, were there isn't tech he can absorb.

grey fox
I'm glad we are back to reasoning.About the storm summoning, you see how much energy Thor unleashed on Warlock and Surfer, a matter of what?Seconds?And they got overwhelmed.In other scans in the respect thread he's showed summoning cosmic storms while in space.
What I don't get, is how can Henshaw create a specifical weapon for Thor.Most of the beings who nearly killed him or were able to, were carrying magical abilities and weapons.See, The Destroyer, or Desak, The Wrecker at his peak, Bloodaxe, Loki, Fenris, Ulik and Hyrm combined assault with magical hammers really hurted Thor.But technology based weapons aren't usually the way to restrain him.Kang the Conqueror, who has resources thousand of years from the future, was able to restrain a majority of Earth heroes through devices built to make them not able to access their powers, but Thor is among those still in charge cause Kang couldn't find a way to restrain him, not physically and not with energy weapons.Borg has more tech to call upon than Kang, but the weapons of Apokolips or other civiliazations aren't something Thor hasn't handled.The doomsday bomb he absorbed was high level of technology and he effortly drained all hi power, a galaxy destroying power and reignited a sun.This fight could go on for very long but the edge, I believe will come to Thor, considering also he can call upon many forms of energy Cyborg hasn't faced and the fact that he could just slow him down to the point he can be teleported so Thor could manage to win, were there isn't tech he can absorb.

K3vil i have a question , was Thor under the influence of warrior madness in those scans.

K3VIL
Originally posted by grey fox
K3vil i have a question , was Thor under the influence of warrior madness in those scans.
Yeah he freaked out after the issues of being fuse with Eric Masterson, Masterson being Thor himself, and then the real Odinson decided he would be no more controlled by anyone and let his full power and rage came out.

Soujaboy
bump

leonidas
Originally posted by aliveinboston
He didnt catch it while Thor was spinning it, but when Thor threw it.

actually, thor was holding the hammer and striking and cn stopped it. impressive, but cn was never shown to be clearly above thor in that battle.

Avalonofthewind

Thor's best bet would be to try and end it quickly...the longer it goes on the weaker he will get and the more powerful Cyborg will become.

The guy can recover instantly. Parallax is on a much higher level of power than Thor and even he didn't have an easy time with the guy. Thor's power would never be on Parallax level. While he's recovering, he's also making a weapon...

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/4059/thefinalnight089og8.th.jpg
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/7338/thefinalnight090zs2.th.jpg

Atomizing blasts are also nothing to him.

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4326/borgyjt0.th.jpg

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/9550/borgy2mx0.th.jpg

Borgs intelligence and powers apparently lets him comprehend and control things beyonds gods knowledge, creating a WORLD out of indescribeable materials designed to keep gods out of the source.

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/5871/borgy3iw0.th.jpg

In his world he had complete control of everything.

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/2263/borgy4wq7.th.jpg

Once again Borg shows how easily and quickly he can rebuild to any configuration needed to destroy an enemy. If those beams can hurt Supes... they can definitely hurt Thor.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/2373/borgdsnsupeszl4.th.jpg

Especially if he's in multiple bodies all over the place...Earth is a goldmine for Borg. Everything is his plaything...

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/812/cyborg2je3.th.jpg

Avalonofthewind
Which he's shown time and time again effortlessly.

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/5443/manofsteel52p07ng6.th.jpg

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/6634/henshaw2qe8.th.jpg

And since this battle takes place on earth, EVERY casualty whether it be human or machinery is subject to become yet another addtition to Borgs mass and multiple consciousness with Kryptonian qualities and tech to boot.

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4929/borgfleshuy7.th.jpg

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/3074/borgflesh2vp4.th.jpg

At true potential, Borg is a force to be reckoned with. He's far from just "Superman with a Terminator head."

aliveinboston
Yeah he freaked out after the issues of being fuse with Eric Masterson, Masterson being Thor himself, and then the real Odinson decided he would be no more controlled by anyone and let his full power and rage came out.

It wasnt really warrior madness as Beta Ray Bill first thought but, as Odin discovered later. simply a situation wherein Thor was mentally unhinged. As a result he was capable of losing all inhibitions. Warrior Madness is really just a blind rage, not unlike the the savage hulk. There would be no conversation, just growling and grunting. Even in Thor's fight's during Blood & Thunder, he very rarely went all out. Typically he would start off less intense and then apply himself more as he got more aggravated at the very idea that these lesser characters (in his opinion) dared to believe they had a chance of defeating him. Surely, insane Thor had all the great qualities of a top notch villain. It's a shame we rarely see much of that arrogance from villains like Darkseid, Dr. Doom anymore. Even Thanos has been toned down.

kgkg
Can't Thor short-circuit Cyborg with lightning? i mean, i'm no Cyborg fan. Soo tell me if he is immune to electricity or not but uhh most robots i know would be incinerated by lightning. Soo uh correct me other wise. Cyborg powers ranges way to much ..........

at best he might be able to get 6/10 wins over thor.

But thor at his best will win more often than not.

It's just like how he does with Superman...... Someone Supes K.O him with one punch..... other time Supes is getting his ass kicked.

Cyborg does well with upgrades....... with all his tools i give him 6/10 over thor.

Superboy Prime
This is hot.

K3VIL
The scans with Parallax aren't much clear about what happened.Hal blasted him one time and blocked a blow, nothing of outstanding.
Coast City was a CITY.Thor took the explosion of a planet destroying bomb and survived, and also fallen into another planet.
The planet made through the Source Wall energy was a great feat, but he needs a connection to it to remade that planet, so with Thor he can't access to that power.
The cannons hurting Supes, that didn't last much, in the next panel he was on his feet.
Who's the guy with a white cap and the golden armor?
When he killed the Apokolips army through sonic feedback he got to connect one of his arms to the control consol of the Royal Palace.
Using the exo-armor of the Apokolips soldier and his body to rebuilt his kryptonian-cyborg one, doesn't means he can control every dead body and use it.He took that one, and used the tech to improve his old self.He didn't took control of every soldier killed.

Superboy Prime
What I could gather from the Parallax scans was that Henshaw was able to create a weapon while he was getting blasted by psycho Hal and in a couple of panels he healed himself while in the middle of the battle.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.