reasons for Wil and Liz

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pirates= Love
hey haven't been on in a while and just thought of this idea a second ago sooooo if its been said plez forgive me.........

im a huge WIll/liz fan so this is where this comes from
in
POCT1 Jacks lables Will as a pirate then in POCT2 he lables Liz as one so mayb its shows the two belong together

CaptinJackLover
yes that has been mentione in another thread but it was off topic and i think we stopped talking about it.

ok, jack did label Will as a pirate but he didnt really stick with the lifestyle of being a pirate. He went back to being his normal self. He did nothing after that to prove he was even slightly like a pirate.

AND, the reason Jack labeled Liz a pirate is because of the KISS to lock him to the post thing. So the reaso she was called a pirate was for kissing JACK. She couldve figured out a different way to distract then lock him up. but she chose to kiss him. And we all know she wnated to before, the curiosity scene made it soo obvious. So she really wnats Jack and AJck wants her. Thats why he labeled her a pirate. so that maybe she would realize that they were meant for each other.

She doesnt think of Will as a pirate becasue he doenst nothing to show he is one. and Jack does.

random21
jackandlizforever.

=]

willofthewisp
I'm curious. Why are you into Will/Liz? Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to talk you out of your opinin or anything. I just like knowing why people think what they think.

CaptinJackLover
^diddo

sccch
Jack and Liz are MEANT to be with each other!!!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e343/Legolas_My_Love/Pirates%20of%20the%20Caribbean/Elizabeth46.jpg

jessigem
i like the will/liz combo better because it's more age friendly. and if jack/liz get together then that means they'll have to kiss more. and that kinda grosses me out since JD is twice as old as kiera, even though he may not look like it. and i can't imagine jack sparrow sailing the seas with his arm around a permanent life partner.
but that's just my personal opinion.

CaptinJackLover
Originally posted by sccch
Jack and Liz are MEANT to be with each other!!!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e343/Legolas_My_Love/Pirates%20of%20the%20Caribbean/Elizabeth46.jpg

il ove that pic! na dyes its soo true! they are perfect for each other!

random21
sccch im lovin the pic too!!

LovelyOne
yeh will/Liz is the "safe and boring" option Jack Liz is the more exciting option...not just for the audience but the characters too.

and that pic^^ they ARE perfect for each other because she is wearing his missing hat and she wears it RIGHT up until the end when Jack realises he has won what he wants over..he has found out what it is about Liz that he has been craving...CONFIDENCE,LOVE and STRENGTH! That hat is the missing part of JACK..

LIZ is the missing part of him..and it means that he is the missing part of her too..It's basically like a PUZZLE piece that fits together...more than obvious hint in Mise en Scene..

Will isn't a pirate at all..and now he has been completely put off of that lifestyle..his father is a reminder to will that a life of piracy "doesn't pay"..he just DOESN'T have it in him..His own FATHER wishes he never became a pirate....its NOT in his blood at all..

The only reason he decided to be bold in movie 1 was because of Liz..and she was kinda HOPING that he was a pirate..but he is NOT and she KNOWS it..so what does she do s soon as she has some time with a REAL pirate? laughing out loud

What I find incredibly funny in this movie is that Liz STILL thinks that she should be with Will..she tries so hard on 3 occasions to GET JACK OUT OF HER MIND..but her plans KEEP backfiring on her and Jack keeps gaining the higher ground..ESPECIALLY at the end..her feelings keep growing and growing the more she makes a show of denying them..the MORE they take her over..

she is VERY desperate for Jack to show her that he doesn't care about HER feelings..and that he only cares about his OWN life and material objects. The curiosity scene was basically her telling him that "The only way you can get me is if you show me that you CARE for me instead of yourself...and we ALL know that you aren't capable of doing that ha ha ha!"..then guess who actually GETS the last laugh in that scene..it AINT LIZ. She was HOPING that Jack would Kiss her there because it would mean that he ISN'T considering her feelings at all..he's kissing her because HE WANTS it selfishly..then he actually pulls away and Liz is like "What the hell?...I dont WANT you to pull away..be selfish!! be selfish!" She doesnt WANT more reason to fall in love with him...and she just got a face full of reason TO fall in love with him. That uneasiness she shows there is a warning sign for what she is going to do if he does something like that AGAIN..

LovelyOne
When he actually does come back for her..she is absolutely terrified..She realises that Jack Sparrow CARES for her safety and feelings instead of his OWN life and material possessions...Now she has NO reason not to love him..he has just PROVED to her that he cares about her..ALOT..But OH NO she's not ready to accept this yet..she chains jack up to remove the temptation..she forces herself to be with what she THINKS she should want (Will) NOT jack.. and in turn quite literally forces Jack to stick with what SHE thinks he should want (material possession) NOT her..She's forcing herself and Jack to stick with their old way of life..and its NOT what their hearts really want..at ALL...we still have movie 3 to make them realise that they need to be together laughing out loud

reine_mk
I PRETY MUCH LIKE WILL and ELIZABETH TO BE TOGETHER. I LOVE JACK AND WANT HIM TO BE FREEE OR WITH A REAL PIRATE GRIL, NOT SOMEONE WHO BECAME A PIRATE. MY OPINION.

jessigem
good opinion happy

LovelyOne
then the character of Jack sparrow will be forgotten after the trilogy...he needs to learn something about himself otherwise he is going to crumble..If jack didnt start realising how Liz can change his life..then he would have crumbled as a person..if that jar of dirt thing had happened to him and he didnt have Liz in his life to go back for..he would have become an emotional wreck later on..he would have had NOTHING left in life to make him feel safe and happy..he wouldn't be able put faith into material things (they have betratyed him)..he would have no real person who cares for him (liz would have died)..that would be a horrible existance for Jack..he would be uhappy for the rest of his days

Liz helped him find his bravery again..he went back and blew the kraken up or her..he jumped into the mouth of hell once he realised he had won her feelings over..he has switched from a person who ran between the raindrops to a person who faces the raindrops head on..When it comes to someone he truly cares about and they are in danger..Jack Sparrow TRANSFORMS and does AMAZING things..

so him just ending up with another whore aint gonna be much help they love him for being like a rock star..not for who he really is..LIZ does..he needs love from her..and its only Liz who seems to be showing him any real love..What Jack needs..Jack gets smile.....

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by reine_mk
I PRETY MUCH LIKE WILL and ELIZABETH TO BE TOGETHER. I LOVE JACK AND WANT HIM TO BE FREEE OR WITH A REAL PIRATE GRIL, NOT SOMEONE WHO BECAME A PIRATE. MY OPINION.

Actually Liz didn't just become a Pirate - she has really had a "Pirate" nature since she was a young girl....Jack wasn't born a pirate - he became a pirate too - I think we will find that Jack was forced to become a Pirate when Beckett branded him a pirate for not transporting slaves (or whatever) - that why Jack is a good man - but he had to learn to take care of himself in order to survive - JACK is free - he can still be free even if he has Elizabeth's Love - because he even tells her "you long for freedom" to me he's telling her that life with him would be freedom -freedom from a "corset" life - (symbolism = Jack cutting Liz free of her corset in POTC 1)....Jack is freedom for Liz - and it's like Jack keeps saying "Peas in a Pod,Love " "Why not, we are very much alike, you and I, I-You, US....you will come over to my side, I know it" - sorry, but Liz is more like Jack, then she is like Will - and both Pirate movies have proven that....Will is no Pirate - not really. Elizabeth dreams of a pirate life and pirates...and Jack is that Pirate....

sccch
I'm curious,where do you think Liz heard the pirate song in the first place? She grew up in a plce where pirates were hung,but yet she learned that song.Any way,I TOTALLY agree with you lovethemtigers.

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by sccch
I'm curious,where do you think Liz heard the pirate song in the first place? She grew up in a plce where pirates were hung,but yet she learned that song.Any way,I TOTALLY agree with you lovethemtigers.

I think perhaps she read about it....she was well educated and she had a fascination with pirates...so I guess she found out all there was to know about Pirates...she has always had a desire to do forbidden things...just think about it...there's her father the Governor of Port Royal and she grows up around Norrington who's mission in life is to hang pirates for their dastardly deeds and yet she has studied and admired Pirates despite Norrington and Gov. Swann....she learns the pirate song, she knows all about PARLEY - the pirates Morgan and Barthalemew - she's no meek miss...look how she is not intimitated by Jack..or for that matter by the nasty Pirates that kidnap her....she secretly longed for this adventure...she thinks Will is the man for her..but that was before she met Jack..

sccch
Ohh!!! I wish the TRAILER for the 3rd movie was out,then we'd get at least a LITTLE info!!!

lovethemtigers
I'm almost scared for POTC 3 to come out, at times....times when I'm thinking Disney is going to let us down...but I just can't imagine how they will explain away all that went on between jack and Liz and how she can ever go back to her boring LIfe with Will...it just doesn't seem believable...I just don't see how Elizabeth and Will can be happy together....she has changed so much, she has grown so much, she longs for freedom....that's why she enjoyed herself with Jack...have you noticed how she is carefree when she is with Jack...she is smiling and funny...when she is with Will she seems uptight and all too proper and too serious....Oh Disney,,,,

I hope we don't have to live forever just watching POTC DMC to enjoy our Jack and Liz moments...hopefully POTC 3 will give us some and then more..

random21
no matter what happens in potc3, pirates of the caribbean will always be my favorite trilogy. even if liz/jack dont end up together (ill still be sad =[) but at least we had some jack/liz moments && a greatttttt 3 movies.

sccch
It will always be my fav. too. But...what if one of the characters.....die?! I don't think i could live with it.

ivebeendepped43
me niether!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.