Blackbolt vs. Martian Manhunter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JOE NUNEZ
Who wins lads?????

batdude123
Martian Manhunter

Shorty G
Originally posted by batdude123
Martian Manhunter Co-signed.

Do people on forums still say that ?

JOE NUNEZ
What about a full scream from BB? It can even affect cosmic beings..

batdude123
Originally posted by JOE NUNEZ
What about a full scream from BB? It can even affect cosmic beings..

Black Bolt's scream wouldn't affect MM while he's intangible.

JOE NUNEZ
Black Bolt's scream wouldn't affect MM while he's intangible. hhmm have to do some research on that...

batdude123
hhmm have to do some research on that...

When MM goes intangible, his body goes to another dimension. So no, BB's scream wouldn't affect him. wink

Acrosurge
Black Bolt's scream wouldn't affect MM while he's intangible. I have to disagree with that. BB's scream is a sub-molecular, quasi-energy cascade. MM's intangibility doesn't shunt his molecules into another dimension does it? I read that it simply alters his density, therefore his molecules should still be subject to the reaction Black Bolt creates with his powers.

Unless MM can whip up a quick mind-whammy, Black Bolt takes this.

batdude123
Originally posted by Acrosurge
I have to disagree with that. BB's scream is a sub-molecular, quasi-energy cascade. MM's intangibility doesn't shunt his molecules into another dimension does it? I read that it simply alters his density, therefore his molecules should still be subject to the reaction Black Bolt creates with his powers.

Unless MM can whip up a quick mind-whammy, Black Bolt takes this.

Actually, he DOES go to a different dimension. MM ftw.

Acrosurge
Actually, he DOES go to a different dimension. MM ftw. I'm open to change my opinion, but the burden of proof is on you. Can you show me?

H. S. 6
Martian Manhunter mind rapes the Inhuman. happy

JOE NUNEZ
I'm open to change my opinion, but the burden of proof is on you. Can you show me? Burden of proof? You wouldn't happen to be a Criminal Justice student?

Acrosurge
Burden of proof? You wouldn't happen to be a Criminal Justice student? Nah, I'm an editor. "Burden of Proof" is a phrase used to ask a Poster to backup an as-yet unproven claim.

JOE NUNEZ
Nah, I'm an editor. "Burden of Proof" is a phrase used to ask a Poster to backup an as-yet unproven claim. Yeah i know, im in C.J. so i was just wondering...

Acrosurge
Yeah i know, im in C.J. so i was just wondering... Cool. How many years do you have left?

(this will be my last off-topic post)

JOE NUNEZ
Cool. How many years do you have left?

(this will be my last off-topic post) Im in my last year...

Crease
MM.

JOE NUNEZ
Originally posted by Crease
MM. Enlighten us please friend..

General Kon-El
Originally posted by Shorty G
Co-signed.

Do people on forums still say that ? yep...
and mm wins

Crease
Enlighten us please friend..

MM's vastly stronger (maybe 70 to 80 times) and faster, has telepathy and can borrow density from other objects. MM's durability is such that BB could only hurt him with the scream. And since a couple of people here who read a lot more DC than I do say his mass gets transferred to another dimension when he's intangible...BB's f***ed.

ExtraMision5555
Hold on, I dont think MM's gona win as easily some peple think

If im not mistaken, MM has manipulation powers similar to that of silver surfer. And Unless MM's molecules COMPLETELY dissappear out of existance, hes getting blasted by BB's scream. ANd BB has been known to resist high level telepathy, MM isint just mindrapeing BB the second the match starts. But i need to know, when MM goes intangible, does NO part of his body exist?

ps what ton range is martian man hunters strengh in?
And i could be wrong, but i think BB's durability is much higher than Martian manhunters. IM pertty sure actually, but i could be wrong

Crease
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
Hold on, I dont think MM's gona win as easily some peple think

If im not mistaken, MM has manipulation powers similar to that of silver surfer. And Unless MM's molecules COMPLETELY dissappear out of existance, hes getting blasted by BB's scream. ANd BB has been known to resist high level telepathy, MM isint just mindrapeing BB the second the match starts. But i need to know, when MM goes intangible, does NO part of his body exist?

ps what ton range is martian man hunters strengh in?
And i could be wrong, but i think BB's durability is much higher than Martian manhunters. IM pertty sure actually, but i could be wrong

It's my understanding that his strength, like most other DC powerhouses, can't actually be measured with the whole "ton" measuring system. He, Supes, WW, even Aquaman are waaaaaaaaay stronger than Marvel's heavy hitters.

And everybody resits telepathy nowdays. I don't see the need to even state it anymore.

Scoobless
Hmmm.... I don't really believe the whole "MM shifts to another dimension" thing... please post scans

Telepathy: BB's powers grant him the ability to resist telepathic attacks, he has also used his electron control to control the mind of powerful telepaths before (his brother Maximus)

Strength: Black Bolt has gone toe to toe with Thor and Gladiator, I don't believe MM has any real advantage here

MM .... can borrow density from other objects.

Not going to help against an anti-matter attack

As far as I know Black Bolt has only ever lost a handful of fights... and only one I can remember off the top of my head - against Thor

xmarksthespot
I'm going to go with Blackbolt downing MM with the best of Motown, until someone shows the whole dimension thing.

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by Scoobless
Hmmm.... I don't really believe the whole "MM shifts to another dimension" thing... please post scans

Telepathy: BB's powers grant him the ability to resist telepathic attacks, he has also used his electron control to control the mind of powerful telepaths before (his brother Maximus)

Strength: Black Bolt has gone toe to toe with Thor and Gladiator, I don't believe MM has any real advantage here

Not going to help against an anti-matter attack

As far as I know Black Bolt has only ever lost a handful of fights... and only one I can remember off the top of my head - against Thor

Hes lost to Thor, and Shatterstar (but i might be mixing his name up with someone else) BUT the latter got ret-conned

I understand MM is powerful, but i agree, i dont see it as a huge advantage over BB. something here just doesnt sound right* MM's molecules shifting into another dimension? i dont recall that being what happens when he goes intangible, im pertty sure he could still get hit by BB's scream, intaigibility or not.

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I'm going to go with Blackbolt downing MM with the best of Motown, until someone shows the whole dimension thing.

ditto

JOE NUNEZ
You can believe batdude is doing his homework on this one. wink

Scoobless
He, Supes, WW, even Aquaman are waaaaaaaaay stronger than Marvel's heavy hitters.

Based on what?

JOE NUNEZ
So now Aquaman, is stronger than Herc, and Juggs.... laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud sick

ExtraMision5555
So now Aquaman, is stronger than Herc, and Juggs.... laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud sick

or any cosmic for that matter

Scoobless
Is Aquaman even stronger than Namor?

ExtraMision5555
anyone? lol, this seems like a good fight

batdude123
<<Intangibility: No physical explanation of this power make sense except that it is an aspect of his psionic powers shifting his mass into another dimension or out of vibrational phase with other objects in this dimension. Whichever it is, it has been seen rarely and believed to be difficult to maintain for extended periods.>>

http://www.starnet-database.com/dbase_deo/profiles/mmanhunter/manhunter.html

BEYOTCHES!!!! mad

Validus
It's shown to have been a dimensional shift and it's shown to have been density based. The same way his eye beams have either been heat vision or an optic blast ala Cyclops.

Scoobless
<<Intangibility: No physical explanation of this power make sense except that it is an aspect of his psionic powers shifting his mass into another dimension or out of vibrational phase with other objects in this dimension. Whichever it is, it has been seen rarely and believed to be difficult to maintain for extended periods.>>

BEYOTCHES!!!! mad

All that says is that the guy who wrote it doesn't know how it works..... wink

ExtraMision5555
I see, so its hard for him to maintain it? if that is the case, I think black bolt could hold his ground long enouhg untill he eventually has to materialize

Validus

BEYOTCHES!!!! mad
Wouldn't go around quoting that site.

no expression

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by Validus
It's shown to have been a dimensional shift and it's shown to have been density based. The same way his eye beams have either been heat vision or an optic blast ala Cyclops.

density based as in non-dimensional?

Validus
density based as in non-dimensional?
Umm, yes. What I'm saying is his powers and how they work aren't written consistently.

Scoobless
Indeed ......... no expression

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by Validus
Umm, yes. What I'm saying is his powers and how they work aren't written consistently.

i see

Scoobless
BB FTW

ExtraMision5555
BB FTW

indeed

the Darkone
BB will tag MM while he is invisible, BB had fought Fantastic 4 and the Inhumans and he tag Invisible woman easily. BB powers are above MM, BB is closer to a hearlder in power, even Thor stated that BB was getting stronger as the battle progress. BB to date is the most consistant character in comics for the past 40 years, that's my opinion of course.

JOE NUNEZ
Originally posted by the Darkone
BB will tag MM while he is invisible, BB had fought Fantastic 4 and the Inhumans and he tag Invisible woman easily. BB powers are above MM, BB is closer to a hearlder in power, even Thor stated that BB was getting stronger as the battle progress. BB to date is the most consistant character in comics for the past 40 years, that's my opinion of course. your my new best friend.. big grin

xmarksthespot
All that says is that the guy who wrote it doesn't know how it works..... wink And it says that intangibility is difficult to maintain. erm

"Let's get it on." alone is 4 min 53 seconds.

manjaro
vibrational shifting is more acceptable to me that dimensional shifting. ive never heard of that pre crisis flash invented vibrating molecules at super speed and superman popularized itbig grin MM gets intangible by decreasing the density of his molecules..thats the way ive always understood it to be...unless someone is gonna make a stipulation to directly have this battle weigh one side(like H2h only...or MM cant go invisible) but the thing is unless something like that is put in place BB will just yell ay him with a full shout and its over, I mean yeah MM is cool and but he has been taken down b4 by considerably less destrctive forces, But the speed and strentgh advatage definatley goes to him tho, and on another note while BB is highly resistant to TP his mind has been controlled on a few occasions, albiet briefly, but it was still enuff for him to go berserk and attack his family, so i dont think MM would have a problem mind raping him, so i just dont know which way this could go

Draco69
MM could always go the cheap route and turn himself into speedblitzing, invisible, intangible gaseous form.

Than phase an arm in his skull...and dephase it. Blackbolt dies instantly.

MM can just regrow his arm.

ExtraMision5555
black bolt has dodged a speed blitz before which leads me to believe MM's speedblitz probably wouldent work

Draco69
An invisible near lightspeed one....in a gaseous form...and intangible?

Scoobless
Yup

shifty

ExtraMision5555
Yessir
smile

Big Sexy
People keep mentioning intangibility. Then someone please explain Preus

Validus
Originally posted by Big Sexy
And? Every character has been beaten before. That's like saying "Flash isn't too fast. Look at that loss to Captain Boomerang."

the Darkone

exactly^^, BB can react very well to fast opponets. He tag Quicksilver easily and granted that Quicksilver isn't flash he is still faster than most. BB fought Adam Warlock who is faster than MM, and he held his own and then some.

Validus
exactly^^, BB can react very well to fast opponets. He tag Quicksilver easily and granted that Quicksilver isn't flash he is still faster than most. BB fought Adam Warlock who is faster than MM, and he held his own and then some.
Quicksilver is faster than most in Marvel. Speed greater than his is standard fare in DC.

For the record, I think BB takes 7/10 here.

JOE NUNEZ
You better have some knowledge of physics, in order to post in this thread......... blink

nvrbeenwthagirl
black bolt has dodged a speed blitz before which leads me to believe MM's speedblitz probably wouldent work

YOu guys aren't being for real. MM has SuperSpeed. That in itself is hard to beat. NOw add in invisability to it, he becomes even harder to hit or dodge, now add into it his ability to change shape. He could make himself a smaller target by shifting into a smaller version of himself. Then he has telepathy. Not only superspeed to react, but now he's reading thoughts to know what bb is going to do before he does it. add in superspeed and bb is going down.

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
YOu guys aren't being for real. MM has SuperSpeed. That in itself is hard to beat. NOw add in invisability to it, he becomes even harder to hit or dodge, now add into it his ability to change shape. He could make himself a smaller target by shifting into a smaller version of himself. Then he has telepathy. Not only superspeed to react, but now he's reading thoughts to know what bb is going to do before he does it. add in superspeed and bb is going down.

oh i forgot, BB is just an enhanced human, unexpirenced, doesnt have telepathy himself, and doesnt have a superscream that would make becoming even .0000000000000000000001% of your original size relatively useless. i also forgot that MM (and the rest of the JLA apparently) are constantly fighitng at near-light speeds

Dude, didnt you say someone else was using your account or something? lol
im really confused right now

Draco69

Preus had a specific type of energy that disrupted MM's intangibility...and it was written by Chuck Austen.... sick

juggernaut66666
Martian Manhunter

Scoobless
Black Bolt

Grimm22
MM is definitly faster than sound erm

manorastroman
and blackbolt's scream definitely isn't sound erm

Priest
NIce thread,
BB beats MM.

Crease

Ahhh, the voice of reason...

leonidas
the tp would be really tough to beat. not sure if bb has any feats of resistance or not, but j'onnz could put him down before he ever gets the chance to open his mouth.

Priest
Originally posted by leonidas
the tp would be really tough to beat. not sure if bb has any feats of resistance or not, but j'onnz could put him down before he ever gets the chance to open his mouth.
I think BB can loose that quicky for him not to open his mouth. Hes took a lot of punishment from gladiator thor and the hulk before. Black Bolt's duriablity is a little underestimated in this match up. BB 6/10

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by leonidas

His brother maximus, his main villain, an uber telepath only manages to only broke down his Tp barriers via backstabbing, of course he does.

Add to the fact he can do all sorts of things with his electron control like mess with people's thinking ala blue supes and even transmutate objects.

the Darkone
BLack Bolt has defeated Gladiator twice, once in space Gladitaor was moving at lightspeed and still got served and Gladiator is way faster than MM there goes your speed blitz agruement. BB in a all out battle will crush MM, BB can send telepath feedback and f**k a telepath in a bad way.

Faceman
Bump

xmeat
black bolt

Faceman
Bump.

nvrbeenwthagirl
So what is BB to do while MM is invisible, phase shifted, ****ing with his mind, and sticking a phased hand thru BB's brain?

spawnwest
So what is BB to do while MM is invisible, phase shifted, ****ing with his mind, and sticking a phased hand thru BB's brain?

nothing because he's also getting blasted by martian vision

llagrok
Black Bolt has some telepathic resistance, against Maximus for example.

MM is just too fast though, he could speedblitz Black Bolt any day of the week I'm afraid, except on Tuesday though.

WizeJudgeWilder
hit and run for Manhunter speedblitz 10/10

UniOmni
BB surrounds himself with antimatter for the win.

Debating powersets is fun, ain't it?

Faceman
Bumping this for the rookie..

B.A
MM.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Honestly, I can see it being a 5/5 split.

KK the Great
BLack Bolt has defeated Gladiator twice, once in space Gladitaor was moving at lightspeed and still got served

Well that just plain never happened.

Red Shift
Originally posted by WizeJudgeWilder
hit and run for Manhunter speedblitz 10/10

Except Bolt's shown the ability to fight and react at superhuman speeds.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.