Deathstroke vs Wolverine with a twist.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
O.k, not all but most people are convinced Slade would win if he was allowed weapons, so this is a fight without weapons.

No claws for Wolverine, no guns/bombs for Slade. Wolverine gets his healing and adamantium bones, Slade gets his suit.

Grimm22
DS is way to fast, way to smart, and overall just way to much for Wolverine to handle.

Logan may have more skills, but thats not going to help him considering that DS can easily coordinate a plan and put it into action before Wolverine can even hurt him

darthgoober
Wait, without weapons or claws, can they even really do anything to each other aside from knock the other around a bit? If I had to pick a winner, I would still probably give Slade the majority.

Creshosk
Wait, with the Adamantium bones, isn't that like the equivilent of adamantium knuckles. . . or something? Ya know, what with the .. adamantium knuckles and all.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Creshosk
Wait, with the Adamantium bones, isn't that like the equivilent of adamantium knuckles. . . or something? Ya know, what with the .. adamantium knuckles and all.

Adamantium Knuckles arent going to help Logan against Slade no expression

long pig
True enough, but what good are adamantium knuckles against someone who's basically as skilled, faster than the speed of thought, has body armor that takes grenades and is a few times stronger than you?

Creshosk
I was just commenting on the whole weapons removal thing.

Skeets
Wolverine without the Claws ain't that great.

long pig
I don't consider it a weapon, just as I don't consider Slade's suit a weapon.

I mean, no matter how hard Logan punches, his punches won't hurt Slade due to the suit. Samn with Slade maving a hard time hurting Wolverine.

brainchild81
Wasn't Slade wearing the suit when Bats whacked him w/the rifle? Slade takes this one anyway, but I don't think his suit's all that tuff

Lucid Lui
Wolverine wins...

...when he cheats and calls in Sentry for help.

Draco69
Originally posted by brainchild81
Wasn't Slade wearing the suit when Bats whacked him w/the rifle? Slade takes this one anyway, but I don't think his suit's all that tuff

Batman once kicked Captain Marvel so hard he transformed back to a mortal...

He's the only one with a bigger jobber aura in DCU than Slade.

Slade's armour has taken Starfire's blasts and punches from a Class 100 Donna Troy.

long pig
His suit is insanely durable. Bulletproof, fireproof, knife proof anf impact proof. When Flash punched him, he said the suit made him (flash) feel like he was punching concrete.

That suit is uber durable.

long pig
Originally posted by Draco69

Slade's armour has taken Starfire's blasts and punches from a Class 100 Donna Troy.
Hell, he basically broke Donna's hand with his suit.

brainchild81
Originally posted by Draco69

Slade's armour has taken Starfire's blasts and punches from a Class 100 Donna Troy. Thanks. You're right about that aura. Slade should beat the s**t outta Batman(Or any non-meta) every time they knuckle. Slade wins against Wolvie by rear naked choke.

long pig
Someone tell me how fast the speed of thought is. Any guesses?

Creshosk
Originally posted by long pig
Someone tell me how fast the speed of thought is. Any guesses? What you mean like:

That?

long pig
Cool, so he moves 10x faster than 350mph. Enough to dodge supersonic blasts i.e Starfire's.

Faster than I thought.

Deathstroke
Does Slade get his healing factor too. It specifically says that Wolvie does so I was just wondering, and also what is the enviornment that they're fighting in. That might have an affect on the fight. Eh, Slade probably still wins either way.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Deathstroke
Does Slade get his healing factor too. It specifically says that Wolvie does so I was just wondering, and also what is the enviornment that they're fighting in. That might have an affect on the fight. Eh, Slade probably still wins either way. What difference does it make?

long pig
Environment:

Since they both have been in wars like Vietnam, the fight in forest with a good amount of trees.

Of course Slade gets his healing factor along with his suit (and everything that comes in it i.e sounds amplification, radar and infra red sight.)

xmarksthespot
That's not the speed of thought... I wish they'd take that out of the Forum Rules, it makes no sense.

long pig
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
That's not the speed of thought... I wish they'd take that out of the Forum Rules, it makes no sense.
No, it doesn't.

If you move faster than the speed of thought, how fast are you going? I've read Thoughts form from nerve impulses at 350mph and I've heard Thought is faster than light.

xmarksthespot
The listed 30 m/s is the speed of nerve impulses travelling in myelinated afferents/efferents - relaying of somatosensory or motor information to and from the brain. The "speed of thought" is afaik immeasurable and variable dependent upon the type of thought process, visual perception, language comprehension, motion etc.

I'd assume moving ten times faster would simply imply his thought processes are ten times faster and correspondingly the conscious reactive perception to visual and auditory stimuli are ten times faster and the impulses to effect motor function are ten times faster thus allowing him to react and move "ten times faster than the speed of (normal human) thought". Basically imo it's just saying he's ten times faster in reaction speed and possibly movement (although nerve impulse speed isn't the sole decider in the speed of motor function).

long pig
The listed 30 m/s is the speed of nerve impulses travelling in myelinated afferents/efferents - relaying of somatosensory or motor information to and from the brain. The "speed of thought" is afaik immeasurable and variable dependent upon the type of thought process, visual perception, language comprehension, motion etc.

I'd assume moving ten times faster would simply imply his thought processes are ten times faster and correspondingly the conscious reactive perception to visual and auditory stimuli are ten times faster and the impulses to effect motor function are ten times faster thus allowing him to react and move "ten times faster than the speed of (normal human) thought". Basically imo it's just saying he's ten times faster in reaction speed and possibly movement (although nerve impulse speed isn't the sole decider in the speed of motor function).
Well, kinda. His reflex powers are layered.

First, his brain thinks at 10x the speed of a normal brain. Everything in his brain moves 10x faster. Then his reflexes are instananeous to his thoughts, meaning his reflexes are 10x faster than human thought.

Instananeous reflexes and superspeed thought process are his main power. He's proved he can dodge super-sonic things with ease "like they were standing still".

When beating Beast Boy, DS said "I'm as fast as I think, which means before your brain can send a nerve impulse to move your little pinky I can take you down.".

xmarksthespot
That's pretty much what I was getting at. He thinks, reacts and moves ten times faster allowing him to dodge things, he doesn't need to move at 300 m/s (which would be a bit ridiculous as it's just a bit shy of Mach 1 and though he's fast he's not a true speedster).

long pig
That's pretty much what I was getting at. He thinks, reacts and moves ten times faster allowing him to dodge things, he doesn't need to move at 300 m/s (which would be a bit ridiculous as it's just a bit shy of Mach 1 and though he's fast he's not a true speedster).
Nah, still not really right. He's not 10x, he's billed that way but it's never meant much.

Thing is, reacting at 10x 350mph isn't that far fetch due to Slade's feats Can a 10xer dosen't dodge supersonic blasts with ease? Not really.

750nmph sounds like a lot, but it does explain his Flash encounters.

Grimm22
Unlike Wolverine, DS dosent depend on his healing factor.

DS snaps Wolverine's neck before Logan knows what the hell is going on

long pig
Originally posted by Grimm22
Unlike Wolverine, DS dosent depend on his healing factor.

DS snaps Wolverine's neck before Logan knows what the hell is going on
He doesn't have to depend on it, he's too fast and strong to really ever need it.

But, he does use it even during battle, it's horribly underrated. A

As for snapping Logan's neck, it's possible. Sabretooth did it and k.o' d Wolverine...WHILE HE HAD AMANATIUM.

Grimm22
He doesn't have to depend on it, he's too fast and strong to really ever need it.

As for snapping Logan's neck, it's possible. Sabretooth did it and k.o' d Wolverine...WHILE HE HAD AMANATIUM.

WTF?!?! What the f**k?

Wolverine shouldnt be healing from a Snapped Neck.

Especially considering that it has been said that it would kill him numerous times

bigbran
WTF?!?! What the f**k?

Especially considering that it has been said that it would kill him numerous times Don't worry, I guess it was just AMANATIUM. I guess it's quite different from adamantium.

riceroost
O.k, not all but most people are convinced Slade would win if he was allowed weapons, so this is a fight without weapons.

No claws for Wolverine, no guns/bombs for Slade. Wolverine gets his healing and adamantium bones, Slade gets his suit. No, a lot of people dont agree with that. Our opinion just gets discounted around here because we dont support the mighty JLA killer. (Oh wait, but he didn't do that anyway...)

With or without weapons it doesn't matter. Slade doesn't have a good way of hurting Wolverine. And all the weapons he usually uses are pointless against Wolverine anyway.
Adamantium Knuckles arent going to help Logan against Slade no expression Yet they allow him to knock out people with Superhuman Durability near the Hulk's level. You know, people much tougher than Deathstroke.
True enough, but what good are adamantium knuckles against someone who's basically as skilled, faster than the speed of thought, has body armor that takes grenades and is a few times stronger than you? What good are Slade's knuckles against a guy that is more skilled, much more experienced, fast enough to dodge things moving at light speed, has a body that can take hits from 100+ class, and is strong enough to tear Deathstroke apart? DS may be stronger, but that's all he's got and DS' strength is useless against Wolverine's body, while Wolverine's strength is great enough to shatter steel, which is stronger than DS' body.
but I don't think his suit's all that tuff It doesn't seem to be. Beast Boy as a grizzly bear ripped it open in the current Titans book. Batman and the 2 birds were able to beat him unconcious in Crisis and they didn't bother taking the suit off to do it. Wolverine is stronger than a bear and hits way harder than 3X human, so he should be able to rip it apart too.

Unlike Wolverine, DS dosent depend on his healing factor. Yeah Slade sure wasn't depending on his healing factor when he fought Deadshot in Secret Six.
DS snaps Wolverine's neck before Logan knows what the hell is going on Yeah, even though Hulk can't do it.
As for snapping Logan's neck, it's possible. Sabretooth did it and k.o' d Wolverine...WHILE HE HAD AMANATIUM. Yeah and that made about as much sense as Wolverine popping his claws through Sabretooth's adamantium skull the issue before. Can't rely on flawed writing like that in an intelligent debate.
WTF?!?! What the f**k?

Wolverine shouldnt be healing from a Snapped Neck. OMFG!?!?! Grimm underestimating the healing factor??? What in the effing hell?!?!?!?!? What's the world come to? Remember Grimm, unlike DS Wolverine has a GOOD healing factor.

riceroost
Thanks. You're right about that aura. Slade should beat the s**t outta Batman(Or any non-meta) every time they knuckle. Slade wins against Wolvie by rear naked choke. Wolverine wins via the Cyber eye bite: MCP "Blood Hungry"

capt it up
WTF?!?! What the f**k?

Especially considering that it has been said that it would kill him numerous times

what the hell are you talking about? Bone claws wolverine has healed from a snapped neck on like 4 occassions. Just becuase you don't think wolverine can do something does not mean he can't. Hell if we went by what you think wolverine should do then wolverine would be the single most easiest character to beat who is unable to take even the lowest of street levelers.

Grimm22
Originally posted by capt it up
what the hell are you talking about? Bone claws wolverine has healed from a snapped neck on like 4 occassions. Just becuase you don't think wolverine can do something does not mean he can't. Hell if we went by what you think wolverine should do then wolverine would be the single most easiest character to beat who is unable to take even the lowest of street levelers.

Dear god, Wolverine has said it himself that a snapped neck would kill him! mad

capt it up
Dear god, Wolverine has said it himself that a snapped neck would kill him! mad
when was this? Oh are you talking about during that spiderma vs wolverine fight?

Wolverine has survived a neck snapping on at least 4 occassions, not to mention he survived decapitation.

dude you don't know squat about wolverine, why do you pretend to?

Tassadar
when was this? Oh are you talking about during that spiderma vs wolverine fight?

Wolverine has survived a neck snapping on at least 4 occassions, not to mention he survived decapitation.

Well, Wolverine was killed by the Hulk by breaking his neck in a Whatif.

capt it up
Originally posted by Tassadar
Well, Wolverine was killed by the Hulk by breaking his neck in a Whatif.
what does this prove? in a what if wolverine killed juggernaut,magneto,apoc along with others.

so ya using what if as prove is amazingly dumb

Darth Martin
DS wins.

Grimm22

Im talking about when Wolverine was a good character and could be killed and none of this unkillable crap. no expression

Why do you continue to pester me with your ridiculous statements. Just because you like Wolverine dosent mean that you have to take most of the stuff he has done in the past 16 years seriously

Tassadar
what does this prove? in a what if wolverine killed juggernaut,magneto,apoc along with others.

so ya using what if as prove is amazingly dumb

roll eyes (sarcastic)

capt it up

brainchild81

As for snapping Logan's neck, it's possible. Sabretooth did it and k.o' d Wolverine...WHILE HE HAD AMANATIUM. Damn! Anybody got scans of Sabretooth snapping Wolvie's neck?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.